View Poll Results: Which starter would you use?

Voters
3150. You may not vote on this poll
  • Chespin

845 26.83%
  • Fennekin

1,329 42.19%
  • Froakie

849 26.95%
  • NONE, Dunsparce looks better

127 4.03%
Page 171 of 1178 FirstFirst ... 711211611671681691701711721731741751812212711171 ... LastLast
Results 4,251 to 4,275 of 29437

Thread: Starter Speculation/Discussion Thread

Quote Originally Posted by Ciccone View Post
    I just got into a heated argument with my sister over which Starter has the best design. She thinks Chespin and Froakie are better than Fennekin in that regard, which left me speechless. I mean I could understand liking Froakie's design more than Fennekin's, but Chespin's? It's so weird-looking that I didn't think my own flesh and blood would find it appealing. Anyway, she claims that Fennekin looks too much like Vulpix, which is such a tired argument to be honest. Why can't we appreciate a new Pokemon for what it has to offer instead of belittling it for looking too much like a previous Pokemon?
    New year, new complaints.
    2011: 'wow wtf gen 5 pokemon sucks wear r my beloved pikachu and scyther designs dey were so badass dey need 2 go bak 2 dat'
    2013: 'wow wtf gen 6 pokemon look liek gen 1 pokemen game freeks so unoriginal'
    Haven't been on here since X&Y came out.
    The opposing Metagross used Giga Impact!

Can someone tell me what a genwunner is? I keep hearing that term on this forum.
    Disappearance: REWRITE (19/??)
    Author: Mitsukiharu (collaboration account)
    Summary: Legendary pokemon once resided with humans until war and bloodshed turned the center of Johto into a wasteland 150 years ago. The legendaries scattered to keep peace. 5 years after Red was defeated, he and the Green are in a situation like before war broke out. They must find the cause of the disappearances of the legendary pokemon or the world would be thrown into disarray.

My Personal FF Account l Ambition l Four Times The Charm l For The Love of Food! l Disappearance: REWRITE (collboration)

Quote Originally Posted by cueva27 View Post
    everyone remember nintendo confirmed all starters are 1 type!!! Not fighting fire fennekin etc....
    ahurhurhurhur.
    Because we weren't talking about that 5 minutes ago.
    I completely forgot.
    Thank arceus for you.
    You really saved the day.

I just got into a heated argument with my sister over which Starter has the best design. She thinks Chespin and Froakie are better than Fennekin in that regard, which left me speechless. I mean I could understand liking Froakie's design more than Fennekin's, but Chespin's? It's so weird-looking that I didn't think my own flesh and blood would find it appealing. Anyway, she claims that Fennekin looks too much like Vulpix, which is such a tired argument to be honest. Why can't we appreciate a new Pokemon for what it has to offer instead of belittling it for looking too much like a previous Pokemon?
    I<3 chespin.
    so I would definately choose chespin.
    Also, just.cuz the first stages are pure doesn't mean that the evo's will be.
    #AlphaSapphire
    I am one of Jehovah's Witnesses.
    If you have a question about my religion, or wish to discuss my religion, the Bible, or anything related to this topic, feel free to PM or VM me, take a look at the information in my profile or visit our official website.

Quote Originally Posted by Autis-misc View Post
    Why not? We haven't ever had all pures, ever. Not having to deal with 4x weaknesses would be a great thing. Plus, STAB would be at a full 2x for each starter, and a 4x if it were a critical. Not a 1.5x STAB. I really do hope GF makes the starters pure, because that would be a great twist on the games. It would also mean you couldn't just walk through the games with an overpowered Fire/Psychic starter, and actually catch pokemon. I beat the elite 4 on sapphire with a Blaziken, a Kadabra, and a Pelipper. It wasn't fun because Blaziken would OHKO everything. If they were pure, my team would be a lot more expansive, but that's just an example.
    what does pure starters have to do with building a diverse team? if anything it promotes it. Back in crystal i raped the E4 and the kanto gym leaders all with my feraligatr and on a later play through relied heavily on the grass line.starters usually play the central role on in-game teams so its to be expected that they end up stronger than the rest of the team.

Quote Originally Posted by YellowHat's Revenge View Post
    Who doesn't base everything off of the design? Competitive battlers? They don't know how to have fun.

I, personally, take nothing into account nothing BUT design when selecting members for my team.
    I'm a competitive battler and I do take at least 69% of my choice from design because that's what brought me to pokemon in the first place all those years ago. In fact It's fun to find my favorites being high tier (blaziken and ferrothorn) or using creative strategies with lower tier pokemon (like feraligar)
    Fennekin Forever!!!!!

White
    FC : 1120 2645 4574

[IMG] [/IMG]

Quote Originally Posted by KumaPanda View Post
    Can someone tell me what a genwunner is? I keep hearing that term on this forum.
    Someone who bashes the newer generations, despite not playing anything past gen 3 (usually gen 1-2).
    I prefer 'nostalgia ***'.

Why not? We haven't ever had all pures, ever. Not having to deal with 4x weaknesses would be a great thing. Plus, STAB would be at a full 2x for each starter, and a 4x if it were a critical. Not a 1.5x STAB. I really do hope GF makes the starters pure, because that would be a great twist on the games. It would also mean you couldn't just walk through the games with an overpowered Fire/Psychic starter, and actually catch pokemon. I beat the elite 4 on sapphire with a Blaziken, a Kadabra, and a Pelipper. It wasn't fun because Blaziken would OHKO everything. If they were pure, my team would be a lot more expansive, but that's just an example.
    Um, did you forget Gen 2 had all pures? And yeah, if you did what sounds like a solo challenge with Blaziken then I'd hope it would OHKO everything...
    Last edited by The Flash; 15th January 2013 at 5:35 AM. Reason: typo
    Shorts are just so comfortable.

http://rlxc.mybrute.com

FC: 0946 9966 5155

Quote Originally Posted by KumaPanda View Post
    A Genwunner is a specific kind of Pokemon fan who hates everything past Gen 2 and won't accept anything Gen 3 on.

Basically, the "Gn 1 &2 r de Bess Kinda pkmn evar~ uguuu!" kind of people(minus the Uguuu part, that was for my own amusement)
    And you questioned my sanity. My Anime List

Quote Originally Posted by Excitable Boy View Post
    if Arceus is the Alpha Pokemon

wouldn't Mega Arceus be

the O-Mega Pokemon

@Cueva:Yeah,but only the first forms.
    @Autis-misc:I was replying to Ciccono.But I MAY change my mind when I see Vulpix in 3D.
    I am One with the guardian of the sea,Master of the power and awesomeness that is Lugia! 3DS FC: 3222-6949-4801.PM me if you add me so I can add you!.............................................. ..............Platinum Nuzlocke Team: Emperor, Luke, Ms.Rampage, Axel, Puncho, Simon.

Quote Originally Posted by Phantom champion Z View Post
    what does pure starters have to do with building a diverse team? if anything it promotes it. Back in crystal i raped the E4 and the kanto gym leaders all with my feraligatr and on a later play through relied heavily on the grass line.starters usually play the central role on in-game teams so its to be expected that they end up stronger than the rest of the team.
    Quote Originally Posted by The Flash View Post
    Um, did you forget Gen 2 had all pures? And yeah, if you did what sounds like a solo challenge with Blaziken then I'd hope it would OHKO everything...
    So, apparently, neither of you have read my other posts.

People have already told me gen 2 had all pures, read back a few pages.

Number 2: I only mentioned the all pures because it would give more of a challenge to build a good team since none of the Starters would have any 4x weaknesses. Back when I was younger and idiotic, I used the cloning glitch to copy 3 typlosions and 3 red gyarados. plus an extra, like, 30 of each, but, I want them to stay pure so that when you go to choose your pokemon, you need more diverity to cover the weaknesses of your starter. That's the kind of team I always go for (Almost always choose the pure pokemon, except for gen 4 which didn't have one).

Number 3: The new Beginning Argument, since BW was supposed to be the "Gen I" of now a days, as said in the BW commercial, then I would expect Gen 6 to bring back some Gen 2 aspects, such as All starters being pures. (also, BRING BACK POKEATHELON Not that its from the original Gen 2, I just want it back.)

wouldn't Mega Arceus be

the O-Mega Pokemon

So, apparently, neither of you have read my other posts.
    Number 2: I only mentioned the all pures because it would give more of a challenge to build a good team since none of the Starters would have any 4x weaknesses. Back when I was younger and idiotic, I used the cloning glitch to copy 3 typlosions and 3 red gyarados. plus an extra, like, 30 of each, but, I want them to stay pure so that when you go to choose your pokemon, you need more diverity to cover the weaknesses of your starter. That's the kind of team I always go for (Almost always choose the pure pokemon, except for gen 4 which didn't have one).
    I apologize then, I didn't realize how old that post was.

But what if the second typing was one that didn't have an impact and making a 4x weakness?
    Shorts are just so comfortable.

http://rlxc.mybrute.com

FC: 0946 9966 5155

Quote Originally Posted by The Flash View Post
    I apologize then, I didn't realize how old that post was.

But what if the second typing was one that didn't have an impact and making a 4x weakness?
    I wouldn't really mind if they had a secondary typing, I would buy the game regardless, All of that is just pure speculation and I don't know for certain. Undoubtedly, though, I would rather see a Pure Fennekin than a Fire/Psychic, because I just have reasons to go along with that.

wouldn't Mega Arceus be

the O-Mega Pokemon

[IMG]http://i47.*******.com/2yk00vd.jpg[/IMG]

i agree with your second point, but whats wrong with your sister having her own opinion? Personally im a froakie fan with fenniken coming in for a close second, but i can see chespin's appeal. i believe his design has potential and im excited to see where his evos go.

Quote Originally Posted by Joshuawott View Post
    Yes, it's pretty obvious that fennekin was attacking kirlia in the trailer. Was fennekin getting hurt?

wouldn't Mega Arceus be

the O-Mega Pokemon

yes, yes you are. the attack clearly went from fire fox to kirlia , who then flinched.
    Last edited by Phantom champion Z; 15th January 2013 at 5:57 AM.

It wouldn't make sense for Kirlia to be attacking Fennekin. Why would Kirlia flinch? Why would the wave come from Fennekin's mouth? And, mostly important, why would they show every starter attacking two times, but show Fennekin being attacked once? It just doesn't make sense to me, and reverse the attack animation, on top of that? it just wouldn't make sense. And I'm pretty sure that was discussed here already...
    Farmer, monster slayer, adventurer...

And womanizer, of course!

°_°" wha?

Didn't look that way to me.
    #AlphaSapphire
    I am one of Jehovah's Witnesses.
    If you have a question about my religion, or wish to discuss my religion, the Bible, or anything related to this topic, feel free to PM or VM me, take a look at the information in my profile or visit our official website.

Yes.
    Don't you try and harm the great Mozilla Fennekin army.

With 214 pages of discussion, I'm sure this has been covered already, but I felt like making added observations about Chespin.

When I first looked at his arms, they were such a different color from his chest that they looked almost tacked on, until I noticed the same color in three spots around his face. Another obvious aspect is Chespin's tail, which has a red end. These look like precursors of design elements in its evolutions.

What intrigues me is the combination of brown and green coloring. If the brown on his arms and face is a precursor for armor plating, then what does the green resemble? If the green implicates future armor, then will the brown prelude to an offensive element as contrast?
    3DS FC: 2320 - 6137 - 2703
    Trainer ID: Austin

I'm really surprised Froakie isn't getting much love yet. The game seems to be based on Paris (Or France in general. Pause the video at 0:26 to see an Eiffel Tower style figure in the background) Having a frog type starter in France seems like the the best choice to me! I shall name him Pierre

Quote Originally Posted by Emily101 View Post
    I'm really surprised Froakie isn't getting much love yet. The game seems to be based on Paris (Or France in general. Pause the video at 0:26 to see an Eiffel Tower style figure in the background) Having a frog type starter in France seems like the the best choice to me! I shall name him Pierre
    Froakie is awesome.

To be completely honest, this and the 3rd generation starters will be the only ones that will give me trouble deciding who to pick. I actually feel some joy, not since R/S (my first game) have I felt this excited. I actually don't want to know what they evolve into to keep the element of surprise during the journey. Anyone else with me?

Quote Originally Posted by Blazenuva View Post
    To be completely honest, this and the 3rd generation starters will be the only ones that will give me trouble deciding who to pick. I actually feel some joy, not since R/S (my first game) have I felt this excited. I actually don't want to know what they evolve into to keep the element of surprise during the journey. Anyone else with me?
    nope.

haha just kidding.

Page 171 of 1178 FirstFirst ... 711211611671681691701711721731741751812212711171 ... LastLast