View Poll Results: Which starter would you use?

Voters
3150. You may not vote on this poll
  • Chespin

845 26.83%
  • Fennekin

1,329 42.19%
  • Froakie

849 26.95%
  • NONE, Dunsparce looks better

127 4.03%
Page 178 of 1178 FirstFirst ... 78128168174175176177178179180181182188228278 ... LastLast
Results 4,426 to 4,450 of 29437

Thread: Starter Speculation/Discussion Thread

Oh Arceus please let them be true.
    Quote Originally Posted by Amanchu View Post
    that is exactly what is written but i am not so sure the data will be japanese and english at the same time. it seems a little weird to me. if they were to be romaaji that would be a different story thou.
    I have no clue with Esper-flame is. The flame part I get, Esper I don't. ._.
    Last edited by Tuskie Tyrant Yoko Kurama; 16th January 2013 at 12:22 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Chespin17 View Post
    Same body type with different features. Found a picture, but new here and pretty dumb computer wise, not sure how to post images or anything. Go to google images and search "Chespin is oshawott" and it's like the 3rd picture with Piplup, Oshawott, and Chespin together lol.
    I looked. They still don't look alike. The only thing they have in common is color scheme and even that is not similar.

FC: 4699-6505-4258

IGN: Diva

Quote Originally Posted by Akimoto-Kenta View Post
    credit: SlimeStack

Full translation for those who want it...

Takes place in the Aienki Region

Chespike/Chespear
    Type: Grass/Dark

Flannec/Fernox
    Type: Fire/Psychic

Ribbub/Froabenet
    Type: Water/Fighting

Finchett
    Finches (Forme X)
    Fincho (Forme Y)

Legendary Pokémon
    Xerneas - Grass/???
    Yveltal - Fire/???
    Zanarol - Rock/???
    Deryn - Steel
    Lunyrite - Rock
    Stapyre - Fire

Seems very elaborate with the typings and English names, but it's probably fake.
    Wow, the first rumor that I've seen that can't be discounted out of hand. Not saying it's likely, but it's not just plain stupid. The names for Froakie seem off though.

Tip for would-be fake leakers: Make your fake rumors too outlandish and you won't get any fish on your hook...
    meh...

Quote Originally Posted by Demon Kitsune Yoko Kurama View Post

Esper-type is the Japanese name for the Psychic-type (an esper is someone who can use ESP)
    All your Kirby are belong to us! (>' . ')> (>' . ')>(>' . ')> (b^-^)b

I am proud to present my first wild shiny since the 3rd Generation, Magikarp!
    ...We all got to start somewhere, right?

FC: 0602-6317-4560
    Friend Safari: Electric-Pachirisu, Stunfisk, Manectric
    Add me if you want to, I'll add most anyone. Just shoot me a PM if you do.

Quote Originally Posted by Demon Kitsune Yoko Kurama View Post

esper is the japanese version of Psychic Type.

I'm gonna Sound my opinion. The negative replies may not be Light, but I think it'd be Cosmic if we got new types this gen!
    Copy this in your sig if you believe in new types!

Shoot me now. How could I miss something like that? *Bangs head against wall*

Quote Originally Posted by Indifferent View Post
    Wow, the first rumor that I've seen that can't be discounted out of hand. Not saying it's likely, but it's not just plain stupid. The names for Froakie seem off though.

Tip for would-be fake leakers: Make your fake rumors too outlandish and you won't get any fish on your hook...
    Let's also say that usually these leaks start less then one week before the game is out.. And 9 months before sounds reeeeeeaaaaaaaaally unlikely!

^ They are just names though.
    Maybe someone, hacked a site. or nintendo registered those names on a domain or something.

I'm gonna Sound my opinion. The negative replies may not be Light, but I think it'd be Cosmic if we got new types this gen!
    Copy this in your sig if you believe in new types!

Quote Originally Posted by Akimoto-Kenta View Post
    ^ They are just names though.
    Maybe someone, hacked a site. or nintendo registered those names on a domain or something.
    From what I understand, aside from the confirmed ones those names have not been registered as a domain name yet, so it can't be that (at least not at this point since they can be registered later).

I wouldn't mind if that leak was real but I doubt it is.

My preferred starter types:

Grass/ Dark or Grass/ Fighting

Fire/ Psychic, Fire/ Electric, or Fire/ Ground

Water/ Poison, Water/ Ice, or Water/ Flying
    Hoenn was the best region copy and paste this if you agree (started by BATTLEFRONTIERASH)

Quote Originally Posted by Rizardon View Post
    Lol @ those fake leaks.

Stop being so gullible people, there's no way things like this could be leaked already.
    Can't wait until late summer, early fall.
    The amount of rumors will be like 12.21.12...
    Haven't been on here since X&Y came out.
    The opposing Metagross used Giga Impact!

Quote Originally Posted by john90 View Post
    Let's also say that usually these leaks start less then one week before the game is out.. And 9 months before sounds reeeeeeaaaaaaaaally unlikely!
    ....What? Tell me when information regarding any fourth or fifth generation game was leaked. Now tell me the release date. Besides the fact that that's totally wrong, we need to take into account that these games are being released internationally on the same date, so there's the chance that they decided to leak information earlier to suit countries other than Japan. You're also saying that some jerkbag created fake pokemon, fake photos, and a fake trailer, and succeeded in fooling the entire world, including Serebii, who then apparently forgot to check his sources.

Sorry, no. They're real. The information posted by Akimoto-Kenta, however, is beyond fake. It contradicts half the names we've been given, as well as the fact that the starters were revealed to be pure types (first stages, at least). Try a little harder next time, eh old boy?
    I have claimed Alduin, the mighty dragon! He shall one day return to bring forth the end of time, and fulfill the prophecy of the world eater.

I doubt these are real. However, I am desperately craving more information on the games.
    I'll make you wet.

6th Gen Starter of Choice- Chespin

Hoenn's my favorite. So many memories...

Quote Originally Posted by GreatGonzales View Post
    ....What? Tell me when information regarding any fourth or fifth generation game was leaked. Now tell me the release date. Besides the fact that that's totally wrong, we need to take into account that these games are being released internationally on the same date, so there's the chance that they decided to leak information earlier to suit countries other than Japan. You're also saying that some jerkbag created fake pokemon, fake photos, and a fake trailer, and succeeded in fooling the entire world, including Serebii, who then apparently forgot to check his sources.

Sorry, no. They're real. The information posted by Akimoto-Kenta, however, is beyond fake. It contradicts half the names we've been given, as well as the fact that the starters were revealed to be pure types (first stages, at least). Try a little harder next time, eh old boy?
    He's not talking about EVERYTHING that was released about X&Y... just the pastebin that has evolution names for the starters. Sheesh, calm down and read the thread next time before jumping in.

*blinkblink* He's saying that this 'starter evos' post is a fake because it' s too early for leaks. What you' re describing is reveals. Totally different animal.
    I still love you, I will till I die
    And love is much stronger then anger or pride
    Please baby, let's unburn all our bridges

I mean guy, are u sane?

Quote Originally Posted by Nyarlathotep View Post

And yes, Glaile does look like a stylized Oni mask.
    I always thought glalie looked like a goalie mask for hockey..it's even in its name: glacier+goalie and it even explains the type...I can see the oni thing though...
    Draconic Pokemon are King: My Deviant: http://xxd17.deviantart.com

Future Omega Ruby Team:

We all knew this would happen. I just cannot wait for some real information.
    I'll make you wet.

6th Gen Starter of Choice- Chespin

Hoenn's my favorite. So many memories...

So does anyone have any speculation about what the red part of Chespin's tail might turn into?
    I have claimed Scizor, the king of Bug-Types.
    Planned ORAS Teams:

Trinity League Badges:

Credit: AstralShadow (userbar) & Kida-Ookami (badge)

Credit for this epic banner goes to Sworn Metalhead of Daedric Design.

What if Froakie had a top hat and cane?
    Sig edited due to exceeding height limit. Read the signature rules before editing your signature.

Quote Originally Posted by Ghosts of the Forums View Post
    I wouldn't like that as I don't like Pokemon that carry or use human accessories.
    Planned ORAS Teams:

Trinity League Badges:

Then I would love it due to it looking spiffy. :3

Quote Originally Posted by BugPokemonMaster316 View Post
    So does anyone have any speculation about what the red part of Chespin's tail might turn into?
    a barb? a shovel? just a tail?
    oh please god no XD
    #AlphaSapphire
    I am one of Jehovah's Witnesses.
    If you have a question about my religion, or wish to discuss my religion, the Bible, or anything related to this topic, feel free to PM or VM me, take a look at the information in my profile or visit our official website.

Quote Originally Posted by ansem the wise View Post
    a barb? a shovel? just a tail?
    I think that it will turn into a mace as Chespin's name is derived from the word "chestnut" and the spiky outer casing of a chestnut resembles a mace. This leads me to believe Chespin will be part steel.
    Planned ORAS Teams:

Trinity League Badges:

Don't trust anything unless it comes directly from TCPI's, GF's, or Nintendo's mouths--that's my policy. Coro-Coro is acceptable, too, but at this early stage, all it'll print is recaps of official reveals, maybe with some added details and clearer screencaps, but nothing spoilerlicious.

Page 178 of 1178 FirstFirst ... 78128168174175176177178179180181182188228278 ... LastLast