View Poll Results: Which starter would you use?

Voters
3150. You may not vote on this poll
  • Chespin

845 26.83%
  • Fennekin

1,329 42.19%
  • Froakie

849 26.95%
  • NONE, Dunsparce looks better

127 4.03%
Page 180 of 1178 FirstFirst ... 80130170176177178179180181182183184190230280 ... LastLast
Results 4,476 to 4,500 of 29437

Thread: Starter Speculation/Discussion Thread

Guys I found this article quite interesting (quote from dchiuch):

"Nintendo registers all [pokemon name].com names, even prior to the Pokemon being officially announced. If you look at the whois information for yveltal.com, fennekin.com, etc, then you can see that they were all registered on December 21 (well ahead of the announcement) with Melbourne IT.

http://whois.domaintools.com/yveltal.com
    http://whois.domaintools.com/fennekin.com

These whois services usually offer a reverse IP lookup tool, which I believe would show all other domains registered by the company. domaintools.com shows "44,447 other sites hosted on this server.", which if you buy a report, you can see the list. From there (I think), it would simply be a case of looking which domains were registered on December 21, and we might get the rest of the Pokemon names?

I'm not sure if there are any free alternatives for reverse IP lookups. Everywhere I look seems to take a fee. Any ideas? It's not worth any of us regular folk to pay $x00 to (possibly) find out some Pokemon names, but perhaps fansite owners would see it as a worthwhile investment to break a big story?

Just wanted to put this idea out there"

I checked on that site and almost all of the leaked names were available for buying..It could be that they have not registered them yet, but yes not so cheering.

Quote Originally Posted by Akimoto-Kenta View Post
    credit: SlimeStack

Full translation for those who want it...

Takes place in the Aienki Region

Chespike/Chespear
    Type: Grass/Dark

Flannec/Fernox
    Type: Fire/Psychic

Ribbub/Froabenet
    Type: Water/Fighting

Finchett
    Finches (Forme X)
    Fincho (Forme Y)

Legendary Pokémon
    Xerneas - Grass/???
    Yveltal - Fire/???
    Zanarol - Rock/???
    Deryn - Steel
    Lunyrite - Rock
    Stapyre - Fire

Seems very elaborate with the typings and English names, but it's probably fake.
    Those all seem probable to be fake. Including the types of the starters, they are just going off of the Popular opinion. Not very creative. The names of the evolutions sound incredibly easy to come up with on the spot. The Legendaries are really the only names right now that sound as if they could be real, but I don't think Nintendo would release any information so early. if these were real, they would already be on the main site.
    And you questioned my sanity. My Anime List

Quote Originally Posted by Excitable Boy View Post
    if Arceus is the Alpha Pokemon

wouldn't Mega Arceus be

the O-Mega Pokemon

Quote Originally Posted by Autis-misc View Post
    if these were real, they would already be on the main site.
    Not necessarily. Remember when all the Generation V Pokemon names got leaked? Serebii stayed silent for the longest time on the matter.

I HAVE CLAIMED WEEZING. YOU ARE NOT WORTHY.
    The Hoenn of Hoenness- Chapter 5 up now!
    404 Error 2: File Not Found- Chapter 12 up now!
    Author profile

Banner done by me. I do not do requests. The Shinies are not up for trade.

Fizzy Bubbles info

Quote Originally Posted by john90 View Post
    Guys I found this article quite interesting (quote from dchiuch):

"Nintendo registers all [pokemon name].com names, even prior to the Pokemon being officially announced. If you look at the whois information for yveltal.com, fennekin.com, etc, then you can see that they were all registered on December 21 (well ahead of the announcement) with Melbourne IT.

http://whois.domaintools.com/yveltal.com
    http://whois.domaintools.com/fennekin.com

These whois services usually offer a reverse IP lookup tool, which I believe would show all other domains registered by the company. domaintools.com shows "44,447 other sites hosted on this server.", which if you buy a report, you can see the list. From there (I think), it would simply be a case of looking which domains were registered on December 21, and we might get the rest of the Pokemon names?

I'm not sure if there are any free alternatives for reverse IP lookups. Everywhere I look seems to take a fee. Any ideas? It's not worth any of us regular folk to pay $x00 to (possibly) find out some Pokemon names, but perhaps fansite owners would see it as a worthwhile investment to break a big story?

Just wanted to put this idea out there"

I checked on that site and almost all of the leaked names were available for buying..It could be that they have not registered them yet, but yes not so cheering.
    So they're basically 99% fake now... Okay. That's not too terrible. I just hope the starter types are true. I all sounded too good to be true so I didn't let myself get too hyped over it. Though I will say, this is the first rumor thus far to have been slightly real looking which I give kudos to whoever made it for that.

Thinking about Alpha Sapphire:

Trainers from Bulbapedia (Kris from Spriters Resource),
    Gen I-IV Pokemon from The Spriters Resource, Gen 5 Pokemon from
    cSandoval on DeviantArt, Serena from tebited15 on Deviant Art,
    Gen III Pokemon from Bulbapedia

So I caved. I voted Froakie in the poll. The dude had better not disappoint, now. haha
    Check out my band's new EP! ... And like us on Facebook while you're at it!
    [IMG]http://oi49.*******.com/21mzpmr.jpg[/IMG]
    Hat by wolfy.

Quote Originally Posted by Missingno. Master View Post
    Not necessarily. Remember when all the Generation V Pokemon names got leaked? Serebii stayed silent for the longest time on the matter.
    Mainly because it would take a long amount of time for the Information to be put on the site in the first place.

wouldn't Mega Arceus be

the O-Mega Pokemon

if these were real, they would already be on the main site.
    Uh, not really. Serebii isn't Pokebeach who put a lot of rumors and stuff on the main site (It is not as extreme as bulbapedia, though).

Quote Originally Posted by Nyarlathotep View Post

Uh, not really. Serebii isn't Pokebeach who put a lot of rumors and stuff on the main site (It is not as extreme as bulbapedia, though).
    Who exactly said they were rumors?

wouldn't Mega Arceus be

the O-Mega Pokemon

Mainly because it would take a long amount of time for the Information to be put on the site in the first place.
    No- Serebii was playing it safe after the cease and desist order that went out shortly after B/W's Japanese release. He leaks too much information too soon, he'll get Nintendo pissed at him, and I doubt any of us want that.

I HAVE CLAIMED WEEZING. YOU ARE NOT WORTHY.
    The Hoenn of Hoenness- Chapter 5 up now!
    404 Error 2: File Not Found- Chapter 12 up now!
    Author profile

Banner done by me. I do not do requests. The Shinies are not up for trade.

Fizzy Bubbles info

Actually it was mainly because Serebii himself is EXTREMELY cautious of rumours. Even when posting stuff that is basically confirmed, he will make a big deal out of telling us that it is still only a rumour.
    Look at a site like Pokebeach, however, and WPM will post those "nearly-confirmed" rumours without hesitation.

It's just the differing philosophies of webmasters.
    Hat by wolfy.

Quote Originally Posted by Kariachi View Post
    *blinkblink* He's saying that this 'starter evos' post is a fake because it' s too early for leaks. What you' re describing is reveals. Totally different animal.
    Ah. 1,000 pardons. I agree, then, the post is fake. Apologies, Rizardon.
    I have claimed Alduin, the mighty dragon! He shall one day return to bring forth the end of time, and fulfill the prophecy of the world eater.

Who exactly said they were rumors?
    And what else these supposedly fake names are if not rumors? I call everything that "leaks" and is not confirmed as rumor, I am sorry if it is not the right term.

Quote Originally Posted by Missingno. Master View Post
    No- Serebii was playing it safe after the cease and desist order that went out shortly after B/W's Japanese release. He leaks too much information too soon, he'll get Nintendo pissed at him, and I doubt any of us want that.
    Quote Originally Posted by YellowHat's Revenge View Post
    Actually it was mainly because Serebii himself is EXTREMELY cautious of rumours. Even when posting stuff that is basically confirmed, he will make a big deal out of telling us that it is still only a rumour.
    Look at a site like Pokebeach, however, and WPM will post those "nearly-confirmed" rumours without hesitation.

It's just the differing philosophies of webmasters.

Okay, I concede.

But if those are the types, I lose 10 dollars. That's why I'm against them.

wouldn't Mega Arceus be

the O-Mega Pokemon

I'm not a fan of those "leaked" Starter types. But that Finch-thing with the X & Y formes? I'd be down for something like that. It'd be a great way to mix up the common regional bird.
    Hat by wolfy.

Yeah, a regional finch, especially one with dif forms for dif games, would be awesome.
    I still love you, I will till I die
    And love is much stronger then anger or pride
    Please baby, let's unburn all our bridges

Default Interesting timing of The Repetition of Water Frog and Fire Fox

During 5th generation, weather teams were extremely popular. Thus, Politoed, a water type frog and Ninetales, a fire type fox were two of the most popular pokemon in competitive play due to their hidden abilities Drizzle and Drought. Then, the starters of the subsequent generation are a water type frog, Froakie and a fire type fox Fennekin. Do you think it is a mere coincidence? (Or is it just a "safe move" by Game Freak who loves conservative choices such as three fire/fighting starters in a row, multiple pokemon of same animal species, same concept etc.)

Considering it as a reference to the popularity of wether teams, Could their hidden abilities also be drizzle and drought? In that case, could Chespin's hidden ability be Air Lock, in order to match the weather trio's typing?(Kyogre, Groudon, Rayquaza) Talking about air lock, could Chespin's final evolution be a grass/flying type? It would be a big surprise as everybody only speculate about it being grass/dark or grass/fighting.
    Black 2 Friend Code: Efe / 0047 0990 1313 White Team: ;503; ;518; ;534; ;618; ;628; ;644;

Quote Originally Posted by GonbeTR View Post
    During 5th generation, weather teams were extremely popular. Thus, Politoed, a water type frog and Ninetales, a fire type fox were two of the most popular pokemon in competitive play due to their hidden abilities Drizzle and Drought. Then, the starters of the subsequent generation are a water type frog, Froakie and a fire type fox Fennekin. Do you think it is a mere coincidence? (Or is it just a "safe move" by Game Freak who loves conservative choices such as three fire/fighting starters in a row, multiple pokemon of same animal species, same concept etc.)

Considering it as a reference to the popularity of wether teams, Could their hidden abilities also be drizzle and drought? In that case, could Chespin's hidden ability be Air Lock, in order to match the weather trio's typing?(Kyogre, Groudon, Rayquaza) Talking about air lock, could Chespin's final evolution be a grass/flying type? It would be a big surprise as everybody only speculate about it being grass/dark or grass/fighting.
    I kind of like this theory. Besides me still wanting the whole dark/psychic/fighting with all of them I like it. If it doesn't go that way and Chespin were to suddenly become part flying I'd like this to happen.

Thinking about Alpha Sapphire:

Trainers from Bulbapedia (Kris from Spriters Resource),
    Gen I-IV Pokemon from The Spriters Resource, Gen 5 Pokemon from
    cSandoval on DeviantArt, Serena from tebited15 on Deviant Art,
    Gen III Pokemon from Bulbapedia

Quote Originally Posted by Kariachi View Post
    Yeah, a regional finch, especially one with dif forms for dif games, would be awesome.
    You an' me have good taste. haha

Naw, dude, these starter mons have prolly been in the making for a while. Pure coincidence, IMHO.
    Though, by that logic, Fennekin is Fire/Ground upon evolution?
    I like that, it's new.
    Hat by wolfy.

Talking about air lock, could Chespin's final evolution be a grass/flying type? It would be a big surprise as everybody only speculate about it being grass/dark or grass/fighting.
    I guess it is possible and I speculated about it evolving into a Grass/Flying flying squirrel on bulbagarden some days ago.

The main reason I think this is a possibility is because the move Chespin used in the video look a lot like the animation of Aerial Ace in B2W2.
    I don't even get where people took the idea of Grass/Dark from, to be honest, that move look like Aerial Ace or even Shadow Claw and not like a Dark-type move...

Considering it as a reference to the popularity of weather teams, Could their hidden abilities also be drizzle and drought? In that case, could Chespin's hidden ability be Air Lock, in order to match the weather trio's typing?(Kyogre, Groudon, Rayquaza) Talking about air lock, could Chespin's final evolution be a grass/flying type? It would be a big surprise as everybody only speculate about it being grass/dark or grass/fighting.
    I don't even think that I could fathom a Grass/Flying type. It seems so outspoken, but interesting to think about. On the topic of the Weather teams, i hadn't even thought of that. As much as I hope Fennekin stays pure, that could be a great choice on Gamefreak's part.

wouldn't Mega Arceus be

the O-Mega Pokemon

Plenty o' Dark types can use Aerial Ace.
    Hat by wolfy.

Talking about air lock, could Chespin's final evolution be a grass/flying type? It would be a big surprise as everybody only speculate about it being grass/dark or grass/fighting.
    What? I can't see that happening.
    How can a hedgehog+chestnut became a Grass/Flying?

Quote Originally Posted by Nyarlathotep View Post

I guess it is possible and I speculated about it evolving into a Grass/Flying flying squirrel on bulbagarden some days ago.

The main reason I think this is a possibility is because the move Chespin used in the video look a lot like the animation of Aerial Ace in B2W2.
    I don't even get where people took the idea of Grass/Dark from, to be honest, that move look like Aerial Ace or even Shadow Claw and not like a Dark-type move...
    I still think the move Chespin is using is Night Slash. If you look at the animation, Chespin hits Golurk twice, which is just like Night Slash.

My favorites team:

Quote Originally Posted by YellowHat's Revenge View Post
    Plenty o' Dark types can use Aerial Ace.
    True true.

But I don't see how this is relevant to what I said.
    There are Fire Pokémon that can use Psychic moves as well and yet, people are speculating about Fennekin evolving into a Psychic Pokémon judging solely by that move.

So, if the idea is to speculate about the secondary types, judging by the moves the starters used in the promotional video, the Grass/Flying combo is a possibility, as is Grass/Ghost, if the move is Shadow Claw or Grass/Dark, if it is a Dark-type move.

Quote Originally Posted by Chespin17 View Post
    I still think the move Chespin is using is Night Slash. If you look at the animation, Chespin hits Golurk twice, which is just like Night Slash.
    Night Slash is definitively a possibility, but... Aerial Ace hits twice as well and the screen goes red, exactly like the move Chespin used.

@GonbeTR A flying hedgehog... yeah, I doubt that'll happen.

Most likely, if Chespin is to gain any added type, it'll be either Dark, Rock, Ground, or Steel. If it just so happens to turn out to be anything other than those 4 types, I will be very surprised.

Page 180 of 1178 FirstFirst ... 80130170176177178179180181182183184190230280 ... LastLast