View Poll Results: Which starter would you use?

Voters
3150. You may not vote on this poll
  • Chespin

845 26.83%
  • Fennekin

1,329 42.19%
  • Froakie

849 26.95%
  • NONE, Dunsparce looks better

127 4.03%
Page 183 of 1178 FirstFirst ... 83133173179180181182183184185186187193233283 ... LastLast
Results 4,551 to 4,575 of 29437

Thread: Starter Speculation/Discussion Thread

Quote Originally Posted by Xadium View Post
    To tell you the honest truth, Fennekin looks really boring to me. I don't see why people are raving over it, it looks very plain. There aren't really any defining features to make it stick out. I still love it, but I don't think it is some sort ultimate starter goddess.
    Well, there's that giant head. I certainly can't ignore it.
    Check out my band's new EP! ... And like us on Facebook while you're at it!
    [IMG]http://oi49.*******.com/21mzpmr.jpg[/IMG]
    Hat by wolfy.

Quote Originally Posted by MastersOfMonsters View Post
    I find it curious how Froakie is the youngest, yet it's already a frog. XD Same with Croagunk, though. And The Poli family are all tadpoles (excluding Politoad). Only the Seismitoad line makes sense, but it's also very disturbing. Gotta love the froggies~
    A late reply, but a quick search turned this up:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Leptodactylidae

"Several of the genera within Leptodactylidae lay their eggs in foam nests. These can be in crevices, on the surface of water, or on forest floors. These foam nests are some of the most varied among frogs. When eggs hatch in nests on the forest floor, the tadpoles remain within the nest, without eating, until metamorphosis. In the genus Eleutherodactylus, the eggs undergo direct development and hatch directly into miniature frogs, with no free-living tadpole stage."
    Considering Froakie's foam collar, you could consider it as part of this Family. They still undergo a tadpole-like state like all frogs, however they do not venture out till a complete form.
    V | Faction

You can find me over at Bulbagarden's Forums now!

Quote Originally Posted by MonfernoFreak View Post
    Agreed. But, unless Chespin turns out to have a really gay evo then I'm still picking him, UNLESS Fennekin's evo is SUPER SUPER boss, which I don't think it will be. I just see it turning into a more muscualr Ninetails in its final evo... But if it's a Fire/Flying, Chespin's being dumped...
    Are you 10, or really that rude?
    Mine is an unchanging love, higher than the heights above, deeper than the depths beneath, free and faithful, strong as death.

William Cowper, "Lovest Thou Me?" Olney Hymns

I choose my words carefully, but they may still hurt someone accidentally...

Marley, Pokemon Diamond and Pearl

And, look you, there is nothing in this thing of learning out of books. Here, here and here (pointing to his ear, his head and his heart) is your school. If everything is right there, then take your pen and down with it; afterward ask the opinion of a man who knows his business.

Wolfgang Amadeus Mozart

Images removed for making the signature too tall.

Yo MonfernoFreak, if Chespin evolves into something super badass looking with the typing you could have only dreamed of, but still decides that it wants to be gay, would you not be accepting of it?
    I know I would.
    Hat by wolfy.

Yeah, what's with people calling everything "gay"?

Chespin, if you're gay, don't worry. We'll still accept you.
    I'll make you wet.

6th Gen Starter of Choice- Chespin

Hoenn's my favorite. So many memories...

Quote Originally Posted by the1stpkmnfan View Post
    Chespin reminds me of looking like the Grass version not to Oshawott, but Pachirisu. Without a tail of course. That's what I was trying wonder what Chespin reminded me of.
    You just ruined Chespin for me. I hate Pachirisu ._.

Quote Originally Posted by Ciccone View Post
    *Does a dance every time she sees Fennekin winning in the poll* I'm so glad that my favorite Gen 6 Starter is getting the recognition she deserves. I'm just a bit peeved that a lot of people are only considering using her because they believe she'll evolve into something that's "cool." I think she's already really cool the way she is now and I barely think about what she'll evolve into. It sucks being the only person who likes certain Starters for how they look in their unevolved forms.
    I think that's not exactly the case. From what I've seen, people are choosing Fennekin because it's commonly considered the best-looking or coolest out of the three base forms — but most people are waiting to see its evolutions in order to determine whether they will still be choosing Fennekin or picking another option, because three consecutive Generations of Fire/Fighting really make you face a new, cool Fire starter with a grain of salt before seeing what it evolves into.
    3DS Friend Code: 3582-9622-5627

"Oh, and here is my grandson. …Erm, what was his name now?"

Because they aren't clever enough to come up with a good expression of their thoughts.

Chespin rules. CHESPIN FO LIFE!

I'd like to know who these jokers are who voted Dunsparce.
    Know what would have really blown people's minds?
    You've been waiting all week for the Pokemon Direct video. It's Tuesday morning, 6 AM, HOLY CRAP A NEW 3D ADVENTURE, and the starters arrrrrre...
    Dunsparce. Just Dunsparce. Good luck on your adventure in 3D land.
    Hat by wolfy.

This might sound crazy, but...

What if Dunsparce got a kick-*** evolution? Y'know, like the bullied kid that turns around and says, "Look at me now!"
    I'll make you wet.

6th Gen Starter of Choice- Chespin

Hoenn's my favorite. So many memories...

Quote Originally Posted by MonfernoFreak View Post
    Agreed. But, unless Chespin turns out to have a really gay evo then I'm still picking him, UNLESS Fennekin's evo is SUPER SUPER boss, which I don't think it will be. I just see it turning into a more muscualr Ninetails in its final evo... But if it's a Fire/Flying, Chespin's being dumped...
    So, Basically, your saying that Picking Chespin unless it has a really happy evolution? I'm sorry, but nowhere in my games does it say that "One must choose this pokemon if it appears happy". Just look at The Three Gen 1 pokemon. Everyone would have a really hard time not picking Charamander.

Oh... you meant the other kind of gay. Well, fine, but if Fennekin does turn into a Fire/fighting, I'm blaming you for making me lose 10 dollars.
    And you questioned my sanity. My Anime List

Quote Originally Posted by Excitable Boy View Post
    if Arceus is the Alpha Pokemon

wouldn't Mega Arceus be

the O-Mega Pokemon

I feel like an evo would not be up to snuff. Dunsparce has this sort of... beautiful charm about him.

Quote Originally Posted by Autis-misc View Post
    f Fennekin does turn into a Fire/fighting, I'm blaming you for making me lose 10 dollars.
    Yea. How dare he.
    Seriously, though. You bet 10 bucks? I'mma roflcopter when you lose that money.
    Hat by wolfy.

What if Froakie has high values at sp atk instead speed, or both i like that way

Quote Originally Posted by YellowHat's Revenge View Post
    I feel like an evo would not be up to snuff. Dunsparce has this sort of... beautiful charm about him.

Yea. How dare he.
    Seriously, though. You bet 10 bucks? I'mma roflcopter when you lose that money.
    Actually, I bet two people 5 bucks that all the final forms will be pure. I know I'm going to lose 10 bucks.

But I'm going to be straight up butthurt about it until the types get announced.
    And you questioned my sanity. My Anime List

Quote Originally Posted by Excitable Boy View Post
    if Arceus is the Alpha Pokemon

wouldn't Mega Arceus be

the O-Mega Pokemon

I may have to trade for all the starters, they just look that awsome. Unless they do something that will enrage me, like make ANOTHER Fire/fighting evo or give Chespin a very frail evolution typing.

Friend Code: Listed in code spoiler!
    Pokémon Safari Type: Dark
    Pokémon in Safari: Liepard, Nuzleaf, Crawdaunt (Spiecal thanks to mwrspeedy29 and Shao-May)
        Spoiler:- Code Section:

Quote Originally Posted by Autis-misc View Post
    Actually, I bet two people 5 bucks that all the final forms will be pure. I know I'm going to lose 10 bucks.

But I'm going to be straight up butthurt about it until the types get announced.
    Aha. Well good job so far.

Quote Originally Posted by firerank9 View Post
    I may have to trade for all the starters, they just look that awsome. Unless they do something that will enrage me, like make ANOTHER Fire/fighting evo or give Chespin a very frail evolution typing.
    What if- and I know this is preposterous, but hear me out- Fennekin is Fire/Fighting AND it's the most glorious looking thing you've ever seen. Still gonna be mad?

Seriously, everyone's all, "FIRE/FIGHTING'S NOT ORIGINAL I'M GONNA KILL ALL GAME FREAK WORKERS WITH MY RAGE FISTS". However, that said, it's all about how they pull it off. Do it right, and all the whiners are gonna have a hard time founding their arguments.
    "Well, I KNOW it's really cool, but Fire/Fightinnnnnng. Guys, wait! Stop having fun! This sucks! Guiiiizzzze!..."
    Hat by wolfy.

It doesn't matter who I start with because I'm going to get them all for the pokedex. I still find myself attached to Fennekin at the moment, but you never know. I might change my mind by the time the game comes out.
    Disappearance: REWRITE (19/??)
    Author: Mitsukiharu (collaboration account)
    Summary: Legendary pokemon once resided with humans until war and bloodshed turned the center of Johto into a wasteland 150 years ago. The legendaries scattered to keep peace. 5 years after Red was defeated, he and the Green are in a situation like before war broke out. They must find the cause of the disappearances of the legendary pokemon or the world would be thrown into disarray.

My Personal FF Account l Ambition l Four Times The Charm l For The Love of Food! l Disappearance: REWRITE (collboration)

What if- and I know this is preposterous, but hear me out- Fennekin is Fire/Fighting AND it's the most glorious looking thing you've ever seen. Still gonna be mad?

Seriously, everyone's all, "FIRE/FIGHTING'S NOT ORIGINAL I'M GONNA KILL ALL GAME FREAK WORKERS WITH MY RAGE FISTS". However, that said, it's all about how they pull it off. Do it right, and all the whiners are gonna have a hard time founding their arguments.
    "Well, I KNOW it's really cool, but Fire/Fightinnnnnng. Guys, wait! Stop having fun! This sucks! Guiiiizzzze!..."
    I'll still love fennekin if she/he is gorgeous regardless of type, however if it becomes hideous even with fire/electric ( my preferred type combo) fire/psychic with amazing game breaking stats, I won't choose it, or if i did it would be the first starter I would refuse to evolve. I won't use pokemon I consider Ugly, (which is odd because I like ferrothorn alot :P) Blissy's looks are actually the only reason I hate it, but that's a story for another day!
    Fennekin Forever!!!!!

White
    FC : 1120 2645 4574

[IMG] [/IMG]

I don't mind Fennekin being Fire/Fighting. What I hate more than Fire/Fighting is actually the starters being pure types, IMO at least. Not that I will be like, "Oh noezzz the final evozzz are all singlezzz typezzz, I'm not buying thiz crapzzzz Trollz Freakzz."

I love Pokemon, I love Game(Troll)*ahem Freak.

Ah, yes, I can see that you're an Emboar sympathizer. I, too, like the fiery-bearded one.

Gotta say, though, still pulling for that Fire/Flying Fennekin evo.
    You crazy kids have got me all in a tizzy for Water/Electric on Froakie's line.
    And Chespin? I mean, he's awesome. Let the little dude evolve into whatever he wants, cos he can.

edit; dude, post #369. That's special. Not that I haven't hit that mark once before, but still.
    Hat by wolfy.

Quote Originally Posted by german suplex View Post
    I don't mind Fennekin being Fire/Fighting. What I hate more than Fire/Fighting is actually the starters being pure types, IMO at least. Not that I will be like, "Oh noezzz the final evozzz are all singlezzz typezzz, I'm not buying thiz crapzzzz Trollz Freakzz."

I love Pokemon, I love Game(Troll)*ahem Freak.
    Ok, Clarification time! It's not that I would hate another fire/fighting type, it just dose not seem right for Fennekin's final evoution. To me, foxes use intellegence and try to avoid fighting whenever possible.
    Now, if Fennekin's final evolution looks great and has the fire/fighting type, I will still give Fennekin a try. After all, I originally was skeptical about Chimchar and his evolutions, untill I began Platinum with him as my starter that is.

Friend Code: Listed in code spoiler!
    Pokémon Safari Type: Dark
    Pokémon in Safari: Liepard, Nuzleaf, Crawdaunt (Spiecal thanks to mwrspeedy29 and Shao-May)
        Spoiler:- Code Section:

Quote Originally Posted by firerank9 View Post
    Ok, Clarification time! It's not that I would hate another fire/fighting type, it just dose not seem right for Fennekin's final evoution. To me, foxes use intellegence and try to avoid fighting whenever possible.
    Now, if Fennekin's final evolution looks great and has the fire/fighting type, I will still give Fennekin a try. After all, I originally was skeptical about Chimchar and his evolutions, untill I began Platinum with him as my starter that is.
    I know what you mean. Though I kinda have this feeling in my tummy that Fenne's line is gonna be pure Fire, or maybe because I hadn't eat since waking up.

Is it just me or does anyone else sees the Chespin's 'Hat' as a popular Pokemon merchandise in the future.

Quote Originally Posted by german suplex View Post
    Is it just me or does anyone else sees the Chespin's 'Hat' as a popular Pokemon merchandise in the future.
    I can see it become like the Pikachu ears ! That would be cool.

i think froakies final evo will either be Water/ground, or Water/ Grass. I think Chespins final evo will be grass/ground, or pure grass. Fennekins final evo is gona be between fire/fighting, and just for a shot in the dark how about Fire/ Electric.
    Looking for a shiny charmander, and shiny beldum. please pm me if you are looking to trade one.

Hi evereyone I just had a crazy epiphany that is probably really stupid. Empoleon has numerous parallels to Napoleon. Serperior has parallels to Louis XIV. So could any of the new starters have connections to historical figures? I read a page or two back that Froakie resembles Ben Franklin and realized they might be crazily connected somehow. The fr in froakie seems a little random to me, so could it have been derived from FRanklin? Ben Franklin was also the ambassador to France and lived there for a super long time. The new region is supposedly based on France. See where I'm going here? Its probably the dumbest thing ive ever thought of but it makes just enough sense for it to be possible. Although Napoleon and Louis were far more French than Ben.... in any case though do you think any of the starters are connected to a historical figure? It seems there is a French trend going on with empoleon and serperior...

Page 183 of 1178 FirstFirst ... 83133173179180181182183184185186187193233283 ... LastLast