View Poll Results: Which starter would you use?

Voters
3150. You may not vote on this poll
  • Chespin

845 26.83%
  • Fennekin

1,329 42.19%
  • Froakie

849 26.95%
  • NONE, Dunsparce looks better

127 4.03%
Page 184 of 1178 FirstFirst ... 84134174180181182183184185186187188194234284 ... LastLast
Results 4,576 to 4,600 of 29437

Thread: Starter Speculation/Discussion Thread

Quote Originally Posted by carboncopy View Post
    I can see it become like the Pikachu ears ! That would be cool.
    I can see Fennekin's ears becoming a popular merchandise in the future too. :P
    I am One with the guardian of the sea,Master of the power and awesomeness that is Lugia! 3DS FC: 3222-6949-4801.PM me if you add me so I can add you!.............................................. ..............Platinum Nuzlocke Team: Emperor, Luke, Ms.Rampage, Axel, Puncho, Simon.

Quote Originally Posted by XCRunner View Post
    Hi evereyone I just had a crazy epiphany that is probably really stupid. Empoleon has numerous parallels to Napoleon. Serperior has parallels to Louis XIV. So could any of the new starters have connections to historical figures? I read a page or two back that Froakie resembles Ben Franklin and realized they might be crazily connected somehow. The fr in froakie seems a little random to me, so could it have been derived from FRanklin? Ben Franklin was also the ambassador to France and lived there for a super long time. The new region is supposedly based on France. See where I'm going here? Its probably the dumbest thing ive ever thought of but it makes just enough sense for it to be possible. Although Napoleon and Louis were far more French than Ben.... in any case though do you think any of the starters are connected to a historical figure? It seems there is a French trend going on with empoleon and serperior...
    If we get a Ben Franklin frog he should be part electric. And then I would have to change my answer, because Ben Franklin frog.

A while back I, too, said the fox better not be another fighting type. But then a friend of mine said "But if it is, you can name it Mozilla Firefox, teach it Hi Jump Kick, and laugh as it keeps going and crashes." So I think I might be okay with that if it learns Hi Jump Kick. But I'm feeling Fire/Psychic or plain Fire.
    3DS FC: 3024-6140-6327 (please let me know if you add me, so I can add you too)
    Friend Safari is Fire with Pansear, Larvesta, and Braixen.

I don't mind Fennekie's evo as a Fire/Fighting Pokémon, as long as its design is good.

Ah, this Froakie = Benjamin Franklin speculation is kinda... weird.
    The only reference Empoleon had to Napoleon was the name, everything else was based on Poseidon/trident.

I don't see (and I don't want) Froakie having more than a name reference to Benjamin lol

Froakie=Benjamin Franklin?WTF?O_o
    You cant base things off names.>_>
    I am One with the guardian of the sea,Master of the power and awesomeness that is Lugia! 3DS FC: 3222-6949-4801.PM me if you add me so I can add you!.............................................. ..............Platinum Nuzlocke Team: Emperor, Luke, Ms.Rampage, Axel, Puncho, Simon.

I hope that they dont do a BW/BW2 on us and make us beat the first gym before we can trade. I want all three starters on my team this time. Im having a hard time picking a favourite.

Im actually hoping for pure types this time as it will be quite a refreshing challenge. My first playthrough of gold with a chikorita all those years ago was quite hard for 10 year old me.

3DS friend code: 3454-1081-1955 Bug - Illumise, Combee, Pinsir Please PM for friend safari
    Looking for Shaymin and Deoxys (trading through gen 6) Please PM with offers!

PokeDex: 803/810
    Lv 100's: 415/810
    Shinydex: 162/810
    shiny100: 005/810

Latest Shiny: (335 encounters 10/07/2014)

Hunts :
    Black2: Route 5 (RE)
    X: Sandshrew (MM)
    Y: Friend safari/Hordes (RE)
    HG: Starter (SR)

Quote Originally Posted by XCRunner View Post
    Hi evereyone I just had a crazy epiphany that is probably really stupid. Empoleon has numerous parallels to Napoleon. Serperior has parallels to Louis XIV. So could any of the new starters have connections to historical figures? I read a page or two back that Froakie resembles Ben Franklin and realized they might be crazily connected somehow. The fr in froakie seems a little random to me, so could it have been derived from FRanklin? Ben Franklin was also the ambassador to France and lived there for a super long time. The new region is supposedly based on France. See where I'm going here? Its probably the dumbest thing ive ever thought of but it makes just enough sense for it to be possible. Although Napoleon and Louis were far more French than Ben.... in any case though do you think any of the starters are connected to a historical figure? It seems there is a French trend going on with empoleon and serperior...
    Um, or, the fr stands for FRog?........ >_>

Honestly, these Water/Electric and Water/Grass predictions sound like a shot in the dark.

Especially as its a starter, thats too poweful a combination. I doubt any starter would have a dual combination of two starter types.

3DS friend code: 3454-1081-1955 Bug - Illumise, Combee, Pinsir Please PM for friend safari

Hunts :

Quote Originally Posted by elorasheppard View Post
    I hope that they dont do a BW/BW2 on us and make us beat the first gym before we can trade. I want all three starters on my team this time. Im having a hard time picking a favourite.
    I would like to have the three on my team too, but only if they evolve to dual-typed Pokémon. My teams never consist of a Fire, a Water, a Grass, a Flying and two random. >_>
    I like always using a Dark, a Fighting, a Bug, a Ghost, a Steel and the starter in my team. Hopefully at least two of the starters will fall under these types.

I'm imagining fennekin becoming a griffin.Hope it wont happen,but this is GF.

Quote Originally Posted by fahademon View Post
    I'm imagining fennekin becoming a griffin.Hope it wont happen,but this is GF.
    But a griffin would be very cool, what is the problem?

That would make it Fire/Flying right?I have no problem with it becoming a griffin,its just that I don't want that typing.Or they could make it a fire/psychic griffin,I'd like that. :P

Quote Originally Posted by fahademon View Post
    That would make it Fire/Flying right?
    Probably, yeah. It isn't a good type combination, but a second Charizard would be interesting.

Hi guys I'm new here. I've been reading the forum for a while and now I finally registered

On the topic of starters I'm not sure what to think of them. I'm very disapointed with Chespin so far. Since gen 1 I have always picked grass starter but this time around unless Chespin's evos are really cool I might go with fire or just play with regional bird as my started which I also do every gen (love bird pokemon). Fenekin looks really elegant and I hope its evo is not another fire/fighting. Froakie is a little akward looking don't really like it but all those fan arts of his final stage show it has lots of potenatial to become really cool pkmn.

As for types I hope for grass/rock for Chespin (his colour scheme kinda leads me to think he might be ground tho, but I wish for rock since Torterra is part ground)
    Fenekin fire/psychic
    Froakie water/poison

^ I also went for Grass (almost) every gen. only in Gen 2 did I not pick the grass starter.
    -Bulbasaur
    -Totodile (sorry, chikorita, you just looked way too girly)
    -Treecko
    -Turtwig
    -Snivy
    -Chespin

-----------------------
    If Froekie turns out to be a Water/"Fighting" type.
    won't that come over as a lame decision from GameFreaks.

Poliwrath, Croagunk/Toxicroak are also fighting type frogs, Poliwrath is even both water & fighting type.
    Imo, non of the starters should turn out as a fighting type. We've had a fighting type in all the last 3 gens.
    Last edited by Akimoto-Kenta; 16th January 2013 at 12:10 PM.

I'm gonna Sound my opinion. The negative replies may not be Light, but I think it'd be Cosmic if we got new types this gen!
    Copy this in your sig if you believe in new types!

Poliwrath is a tadpole, not a frog. And Fighting is a good type, I don't care if there were three starters with this type before.

Quote Originally Posted by aerial_ace View Post
    Froakie water/poison
    It would be nice. I'd love a new Water/Poison Pokémon... I don't really like Tentacruel and Qwilfish's designs.

I still hope fennekin still becomes fire/pshychic eventually that would be awesome. To finally have that typing in a starter thank of the move possiblities.
    Copy this into your signature if you want to see these guys soon http://bulbapedia.bulbagarden.net/wi...n_with_Oak.png.

Shiny Pokemon I have found: (Both In Pokemon Fire Red) (Yes I found 2, with-in 30 mins of each other as well)

Quote Originally Posted by Nyarlathotep View Post
    Poliwrath is a tadpole, not a frog. And Fighting is a good type, I don't care if there were three starters with this type before.

It would be nice. I'd love a new Water/Poison Pokémon... I don't really like Tentacruel and Qwilfish's designs.
    IMO, qwilfish deserves an evo. It never really could hold its own in battle.

As for the starters, I kinda like the idea of a water/poison starter. Up until now, the water starters could learn dark moves through level up or, like Empoleon, were resistant to psychic so they never really struggled against pychic pokemon. It would make it more of a challenge.

Hunts :

IMO, qwilfish deserves an evo. It never really could hold its own in battle.
    I heard it is actually pretty good competitively, considering that it doesn't evolve.

Right now I am not caring much about what type Froakie's evo will have... Water/Fighting, Water/Flying, Water/Poison, Water/Dark... It is all okay to me.

If it ends up being Water/Flying, I want it to look somewhat like this.

still family of the frogs.

I'm gonna Sound my opinion. The negative replies may not be Light, but I think it'd be Cosmic if we got new types this gen!
    Copy this in your sig if you believe in new types!

Ah the Zelda god frog thing, that would be cool.

Nintendo do like to put cross references in their games I suppose, like the golden sun moves in Mario power tennis.

Hunts :

I don't care if Chespin or Froakie is Fighting type at least that's different, I just don't want to see a fourth fire/fighting starter in a row.
    I also wouldn't mind seeing Froakie as a water/poison type, but to me it seems like more of a fighting type for some odd reason.

Ah the Zelda god frog thing, that would be cool.

Nintendo do like to put cross references in their games I suppose, like the golden sun moves in Mario power tennis.
    Lol

Froakie will evolve to Zephos, Chespin to Link and Fennekin... No idea.

Quote Originally Posted by Akimoto-Kenta View Post
    still family of the frogs.
    Still not a frog.

Quote Originally Posted by Zyon View Post
    but to me it seems like more of a fighting type for some odd reason.
    Maybe because of its stance when it attacks on the video? Or maybe due to the fast move it uses?
    I got a Fighting-type vibe from Froakie too.

My rough guess for their 3rd evos:
    Fennekin: Fire/Psychic > good in sp.atk and sp.def, decent speed
    Froakie: Water/Ice, Poison, Fighting or Dark > balanced atk, sp.atk, frail defenses
    Chespin: Grass/(I dunno, anything could fit maybe pure grass) > good atk, fast

I also liked the theory of the other folks here said about their secondary types being reversed super-effective to their weakness.
    ^ -Fire/Psychic- v
    ^ -Water/Fighting- v
    ^ -Grass/Dark- v
    Last edited by lolzkidudz; 16th January 2013 at 1:08 PM.

Maybe because of its stance when it attacks on the video? Or maybe due to the fast move it uses?
    I got a Fighting-type vibe from Froakie too.
    Yea that's pretty much the reason lol

Froakie also reminded me of Seismitoad when I first saw it in the trailer, alot of other people I've seen have said the same thing. Just like how Fenniken looks similar to Vulpix.

Quote Originally Posted by Zyon View Post
    Just like how Fenniken looks similar to Vulpix.
    No it doesn't.
    - Hiatus Notice -

I'm sorry to do this, but I won't be posting in the Serebii Discussion Forums anymore. My account here will remain open for trading/chatting with friends, but please be patient for a reply as my visits here will be fewer.

I've left for the greener pastures of Bulbagarden Forums, where free speech is still allowed and the rules are followed by all, including those who enforce them.

It's been a fun 3 years ~

Page 184 of 1178 FirstFirst ... 84134174180181182183184185186187188194234284 ... LastLast