View Poll Results: Which starter would you use?

Voters
3150. You may not vote on this poll
  • Chespin

845 26.83%
  • Fennekin

1,329 42.19%
  • Froakie

849 26.95%
  • NONE, Dunsparce looks better

127 4.03%
Page 185 of 1178 FirstFirst ... 85135175181182183184185186187188189195235285 ... LastLast
Results 4,601 to 4,625 of 29437

Thread: Starter Speculation/Discussion Thread

Froakie doesn't remind me of Seismitoad... Yeah, both are Water frogs, but that is all.

They are based on different kinds of frogs.
    Seismitoad is a huge and fat sound/vibration-based frog. Froakie is a tiny frog... that we don't know what it was based on yet.

This set of starters looks promising. I expect Fennekin's evolution to be Fire/Psychic. It definitely strikes me as a future Psychic type.

While I expect Froakie to evolve into Water/Poison. I mean, if it were to evolve into a Water/Fighting type, it'll just be a gen 6 copy of Poliwrath. We don't want that to happen.

While Chespin... It's just cute. I don't know. Maybe... a Grass/Fighting? 0w0

Ignore my previous statement, that was random.

3DS FC: 3926-5714-3675 | Y IGN: Tempus

DeviantArt~Casual Battlers Club

Quote Originally Posted by Nyarlathotep View Post
    Froakie doesn't remind me of Seismitoad... Yeah, both are Water frogs, but that is all.

They are based on different kinds of frogs.
    Seismitoad is a huge and fat sound/vibration-based frog. Froakie is a tiny frog... that we don't know what it was based on yet.
    I didn't expect Tympole to evolved into an enormous ''huge fat sound/vibration-based frog at all, so we couldn't predict what will happen. Of course we can speculate and I think (and maybe know) that Froakie is the one who it is the most complicated to see which type, how it will be.

We could be surprised, like Tepig evolving into a... fighting pig actually. Maybe Froakie will be a Flying Frog, who knows..?
    Oh my Feebas !
    Newest Shiny !

Spoiler:- My Hunts and Shinies:

Quote Originally Posted by Nyarlathotep View Post

But a griffin would be very cool, what is the problem?
    I don't really see that happening. A griffin has the head of a bird, which Fennekin has nothing like that. So it would be a distract change. If you wanted a mythological creature, I would say it would be more like a Chimera if anything.
    PSN: DCCBruceWayneSAS
    3DS Friend Code: 5129-0459-2616

Quote Originally Posted by Sealotic View Post
    I didn't expect Tympole to evolved into an enormous ''huge fat sound/vibration-based frog at all, so we couldn't predict what will happen. Of course we can speculate and I think (and maybe know) that Froakie is the one who it is the most complicated to see which type, how it will be.

We could be surprised, like Tepig evolving into a... fighting pig actually. Maybe Froakie will be a Flying Frog, who knows..?
    Well, neither did I. You see, Tympole evolving into a huge frog is the reason I think Froakie won't.
    Game Freak is creative, even though they repeat types sometimes (and most of the time they have a reason to do so). If it end up evolving into one more fat/bulky frog, it will be very disappointing.

I just love Froakie for it is a frog (I love frogs)!!!!
    I also have a feeling that it might specifically be based off one of New Zealand's native frogs (as it doesn't start of as a tadpole) though I may be wrong.

Magikarp used splash! It's a one-hit KO!

Quote Originally Posted by 13_luckynumber View Post
    Venusaur? Ferrothorn? Abomasnow? Roserade? and MAYBE Ludicolo, Shiftry, Whimsicott. Depends on how you play.
    Quote Originally Posted by Mi10ticFan View Post
    This set of starters looks promising. I expect Fennekin's evolution to be Fire/Psychic. It definitely strikes me as a future Psychic type.

While I expect Froakie to evolve into Water/Poison. I mean, if it were to evolve into a Water/Fighting type, it'll just be a gen 6 copy of Poliwrath. We don't want that to happen.

And we would still have somewhat of a reverse triangle if chespin gets rock or ground typing so I like it!
    Fennekin Forever!!!!!

White
    FC : 1120 2645 4574

[IMG] [/IMG]

Quote Originally Posted by Mi10ticFan View Post

Its been declared by nintendo and posted on serebii news that the starters will be single types only for this gen so back to basics, just fire, grass and water!

Quote Originally Posted by scorpio66 View Post
    Its been declared by nintendo and posted on serebii news that the starters will be single types only for this gen so back to basics, just fire, grass and water!
    Chespin, Fennekin and Froakie, yes. Not their evolutions.
    Is apparantly Dragon Type in the Friend Safari. Neat.

One of these Spoilers has a very Hot Chick hidden. One has Yaoi. And one will eat your Soul. Choose at your own risk~

Spoiler:- Number 1:

Spoiler:- Number 2:

Spoiler:- Number 3:

That's just the starters, not their evolutions :3

EDIT: Ninja'd lol

First time I've Ninja'd someone! I feel smart now~

I just hope that all starters will HAVE a second Type. I prefer them to singel Types starters. D:
    Is apparantly Dragon Type in the Friend Safari. Neat.

One of these Spoilers has a very Hot Chick hidden. One has Yaoi. And one will eat your Soul. Choose at your own risk~

Spoiler:- Number 1:

Spoiler:- Number 2:

Spoiler:- Number 3:

Not to mention that "back to basics" would mean that the starters would NOT be Grass/Fire/Water, as Gen 1 was the last time we had a dual-typed starter.
    Check out my band's new EP! ... And like us on Facebook while you're at it!
    [IMG]http://oi49.*******.com/21mzpmr.jpg[/IMG]
    Hat by wolfy.

Generally I have one look at the starters upon release and it tends to be the fire-type that charms me.

Happened with the Charmander family, the Cyndaquil family, the Chimchar family and now it's happened with the Fennekin fox family.

Just looks adorable, but also cool and tough, like you don't wanna mess with it. Also, if it's true that it is to be a fire and psychic type then that just confirms it for me; brilliant dual type, not sure if it's unique in that respect but I love it already.

I like Chespin to an extent, looks quite cool in that I like mysterious Pokemon when it isn't easy to tell what kind of animal they are portraying (in Chespin's case, chestnut-hedgehog looks like the outcome, purely a guess though).

Froakie looks a bit boring and bland I reckon but who knows, maybe it'll evolve in to something decent.

Either way I'll definitely be starting with Fennekin the first time I play Pokemon X or Y.

So I'm gonna drastically change Fennekin theories. It's got a father large head and a small body. Maybe some chihuahua influence got into its design. Who's to say?
    So perhaps its evos are going to have a Southwestern flair.
    Last edited by YellowHat's Revenge; 16th January 2013 at 3:15 PM.
    Hat by wolfy.

Quote Originally Posted by YellowHat's Revenge View Post
    So I'm gonna no drastically change Fennekin theories. It's got a father large head and a small body. Maybe some chihuahua influence got into its design. Who's to say?
    Lol ! Lets see how the fennekin fans respond if that is true !

So I'm gonna no drastically change Fennekin theories. It's got a father large head and a small body. Maybe some chihuahua influence got into its design. Who's to say?
    Well, the same can be said about Zorua (they have very similar body shapes and sizes) but I doubt anyone points out a chihuahua influence in its design.

Fennekin is clearly based on a Fennec fox (who I think live mostly around Africa?? Dammit I should know this, my dad's an animal biologist!) so I doubt it's going to evolve into a Chihuahua, which come from completely different parts of the world. If Chihuahua's were bigger than Fennec foxes then I'd grant it as a possibility because GF like to mix things up (lookin at you, Remoraid & Octillery) but it wouldn't make sense for it to evolve into something...smaller, surely.
    - Hiatus Notice -

I'm sorry to do this, but I won't be posting in the Serebii Discussion Forums anymore. My account here will remain open for trading/chatting with friends, but please be patient for a reply as my visits here will be fewer.

I've left for the greener pastures of Bulbagarden Forums, where free speech is still allowed and the rules are followed by all, including those who enforce them.

It's been a fun 3 years ~

... I'm not saying that it would evolve into a chihuahua.
    I'm saying that it is a fox that will evolve with some Southwestern influence.
    A desert fox.
    Hat by wolfy.

Quote Originally Posted by carboncopy View Post
    Lol ! Lets see how the fennekin fans respond if that is true !
    I dont care about fennekin so i dont really care.
    #AlphaSapphire
    I am one of Jehovah's Witnesses.
    If you have a question about my religion, or wish to discuss my religion, the Bible, or anything related to this topic, feel free to PM or VM me or take a look at the information in my profile.

... I'm not saying that it would evolve into a chihuahua.
    I'm saying that it is a fox that will evolve with some Southwestern influence.
    A desert fox.
    I'm pro desert fox lol Fennecs are desert foxes anyway.
    Fennekin Forever!!!!!

White
    FC : 1120 2645 4574

[IMG] [/IMG]

I also took it like they pure types, why is it worth announcing that? We all know that the base form is always pure when it comes to starters, either way I won't be surprised if they end up being pure types, but I would like it if they go dual type.

Quote Originally Posted by D!3g0 View Post
    I also took it like they pure types, why is it worth announcing that? We all know that the base form is always pure when it comes to starters, either way I won't be surprised if they end up being pure types, but I would like it if they go dual type.
    Well, I'd like to introduce "you all" to Bulbasaur.
    It's worth announcing for the sake of giving us news-hungry fans news without spoiling the good stuff early. haha
    Hat by wolfy.

Well, I'd like to introduce "you all" to Bulbasaur.
    It's worth announcing for the sake of giving us news-hungry fans news without spoiling the good stuff early. haha
    Oh yeah...poor neglected Bulbasaur.

Either way, those little announcements(that are far too obvious) will not be enough for us (:

The only time all the starters went mono type was in Gen II as part of the gimmick for the region (traditional) so I'd be surprised if all of them are mono typed to be honest. I could see one (Fennekin) being mono typed at it's final form but the others I feel as if are going to gain another type. I could be wrong but I really would be surprised if GF were to keep them are mono typed through their evolutions.

Thinking about Alpha Sapphire:

Trainers from Bulbapedia (Kris from Spriters Resource),
    Gen I-IV Pokemon from The Spriters Resource, Gen 5 Pokemon from
    cSandoval on DeviantArt, Serena from tebited15 on Deviant Art,
    Gen III Pokemon from Bulbapedia

You guys liked those new starters? I mean, Fennekin (it's right his name?) is "passable", but i didn't liked the Water and the Grass starter. The Frog-thingy looks strange to me and i wouldn't use it...but i don't know how will be his last evolution, too.

"The Frog" reminds me of Oshawoot...no, not in its design...
    The Black Mages!

Thanks to Flower Paradise Graphics for the awesome Banner and the Profile Picture!

Quote Originally Posted by TanBun View Post
    No. i don't nickname them. looks idiot
    Quote Originally Posted by Green Blockhead View Post
    You've GOT to nickname your Pokemon. They're your bros. In arms. In combat. In friendship.

Quote Originally Posted by Ana_Julía View Post
    You guys liked those new starters?
    Yep. If anything, Fennekin is the less "passable" to me. It is cute but it is just one more dog-like Pokémon for the huge collection we already had.

Page 185 of 1178 FirstFirst ... 85135175181182183184185186187188189195235285 ... LastLast