View Poll Results: Which starter would you use?

Voters
3150. You may not vote on this poll
  • Chespin

845 26.83%
  • Fennekin

1,329 42.19%
  • Froakie

849 26.95%
  • NONE, Dunsparce looks better

127 4.03%
Page 186 of 1178 FirstFirst ... 86136176182183184185186187188189190196236286 ... LastLast
Results 4,626 to 4,650 of 29437

Thread: Starter Speculation/Discussion Thread

Quote Originally Posted by Nyarlathotep View Post

Yep. If anything, Fennekin is the less "passable" to me. It is cute but it is just one more dog-like Pokémon for the huge collection we already had.
    I love these starters, but I would like Fennekin so much more if it's head wasn't 10 times the size of it's body... [exaggerated for effect]
    Is apparantly Dragon Type in the Friend Safari. Neat.

One of these Spoilers has a very Hot Chick hidden. One has Yaoi. And one will eat your Soul. Choose at your own risk~

Spoiler:- Number 1:

Spoiler:- Number 2:

Spoiler:- Number 3:

Quote Originally Posted by Ana_Julía View Post
    You guys liked those new starters? I mean, Fennekin (it's right his name?) is "passable", but i didn't liked the Water and the Grass starter. The Frog-thingy looks strange to me and i wouldn't use it...but i don't know how will be his last evolution, too.

"The Frog" reminds me of Oshawoot...no, not in its design...
    Seriously love froakie
    If anything the only thing I don't like about the starters is chespin been a mammal but there's a base behind that, so I'm very happy with all 3
    Froakie is the one for me
    To each their own

White2 Friend code: 0519-7592-3571
    X Friend code: 0216-1851-5361
    My safari: FIRE, slugma,growlith,ninetales

I honestly think you haters should not be so harsh on the new starters. All we know is what they look like, their names and that the first stages are all monotype. I do think they will all gain a type upon evolution, and if not, definitely Froakie (just for the record doesn't look freaky) and fennekin, as they look like something is 'missing'. Chespin could be grass only, but he needs to be more interesting and playable.
    My Shiny Pokemon:

5th Gen:
    ;Emolga; ;Solosis;

6th Gen:
    Greninja ;Volcarona; (X2) Aegislash ;Lampent; Diggersby

Luvin' the t'wigs <3
    3DS fc: Paddy 2621-3316-5077 (Pm if you add me)

I was looking at all the speculation about froakie's type:
    1) Fight --> Because It seems to use a fighting move in the trailer
    2) Dark --> Because it is the one with the most sinister look and for the japanese burglar imaginary it resembles.
    3) Flying --> Because the white thing on its back resembles a cloud.
    4) Electric --> Because if the white thing is a cloud then it could make thunders (and yeah all the Ben Franklin thing)
    5) Psychic --> Because it looks clever and for the position of its hand next to its eye (telekinesis).
    7) Ice --> Because the move it used in the trailer looks like ice beam.
    6) Poison --> Didn't understand why actually.. Maybe cause it's a frog (?)..
    7) Pure Water.

I mean its design will certainly surprise everybody (like Oshawott-->Samurott), but I think this time we would have guessed its type al least..XD

Do NOT make Fennekin repeat history GameFreak. I'm begging you!

I will be using Fennekin and my GF has chosen Froakie. I love fox pokemon and hopefully with it being a starter it will be decent powered.
    I play WAY too much Rumble.

Yep. If anything, Fennekin is the less "passable" to me. It is cute but it is just one more dog-like Pokémon for the huge collection we already had.

Same, except replace Fennekin with Froakie for the same reason.

Quote Originally Posted by DinoKing View Post
    That's true.. But at least froakie/poliwag/croagunk/tympole look different.. I mean look at fennekin, if you don't count the red things in its ears Ninetales could clearly be its evolution better then vulpix's..

Quote Originally Posted by Ryechuu View Post
    No! Burn it with fire! ... wait... Drown it with water!
    "If I had a world of my own everything would be nonsense. Nothing would be what it is, because everything would be what it isn't, and contrariwise, everything it wouldn't be it would.
    You see?" - Alice Linddell

Black and White came out on my birthday:3

Default my opinion

For me the second types are:

Chespin: Grass/Steel (empoleon)
    Fennekin: Fire/Ground (torterra)
    Froakie: Water/Fighting (fire types)

fennekin is red and beige (color of the ground type)
    nothing will cause strangeness
    for me it's impossible they will take out the fighting type after 3 generations

Quote Originally Posted by john90 View Post
    I was looking at all the speculation about froakie's type:
    1) Fight --> Because It seems to use a fighting move in the trailer
    2) Dark --> Because it is the one with the most sinister look and for the japanese burglar imaginary it resembles.
    3) Flying --> Because the white thing on its back resembles a cloud.
    4) Electric --> Because if the white thing is a cloud then it could make thunders (and yeah all the Ben Franklin thing)
    5) Psychic --> Because it looks clever and for the position of its hand next to its eye (telekinesis).
    7) Ice --> Because the move it used in the trailer looks like ice beam.
    6) Poison --> Didn't understand why actually.. Maybe cause it's a frog (?)..
    7) Pure Water.
    No it doesn't. It is clearly a Water-type move, maybe a new move, a variation of Scald that may freeze instead of burn?
    Fennekin and Chespin used a Fire and Grass move respectively, there is no reason for Froakie to use Ice Beam instead of a move of its type, Water.

Quote Originally Posted by DinoKing View Post
    There is a lot of frogs/tadpoles in Pokémon, but at least they look very different from each other =P

No it doesn't. It is clearly a Water-type move, maybe a new move, a variation of Scald that may freeze instead of burn?
    Fennekin and Chespin used a Fire and Grass move respectively, there is no reason for Froakie to use Ice Beam instead of a move of its type, Water.
    Just reported speculation.. There's no "I think.." as you can see..

It would be very cool if the second typings for the later evolutions of the starters were in fact dark/fighting/psychic as the trailer appears to be suggesting. If this were the case, then none of the three starters would have an outright advantage/disadvantage over each other and would create a balanced triangle instead of the usual rock/paper/scissors pattern. Meaning that each of their typings would be both super effective and ineffective against each other. The picture below illustrates my main point:

Except that Dark/Psychic/Fighting isn't a proper triangle. Now, if we made them Rock/Flying/Fighting...
    I still love you, I will till I die
    And love is much stronger then anger or pride
    Please baby, let's unburn all our bridges

Quote Originally Posted by Ryechuu View Post
    It would be very cool if the second typings for the later evolutions of the starters were in fact dark/fighting/psychic as the trailer appears to be suggesting. If this were the case, then none of the three starters would have an outright advantage/disadvantage over each other and would create a balanced triangle instead of the usual rock/paper/scissors pattern. Meaning that each of their typings would be both super effective and ineffective against each other. The picture below illustrates my main point:

I love this, I think this is to clever for game freak though. It would be amazing though!
    Copy this into your signature if you want to see these guys soon http://bulbapedia.bulbagarden.net/wi...n_with_Oak.png.

Shiny Pokemon I have found: (Both In Pokemon Fire Red) (Yes I found 2, with-in 30 mins of each other as well)

The trailer isn't really suggesting Dark/Psychic/Fighting... People are jumping to conclusions here.

We don't even know the type of the move Chespin used. It can be Shadow Claw, Aerial Ace, Night Slash, etc.
    Same goes to Froakie, what the heck is that move it used? Doesn't look like Quick Attack to me. My bet would be Thief, but I dunno...

The trailer isn't really suggesting Dark/Psychic/Fighting... People are jumping to conclusions here.

We don't even know the type of the move Chespin used. It can be Shadow Claw, Aerial Ace, Night Slash, etc.
    Same goes to Froakie, what the heck is that move it used? Doesn't look like Quick Attack to me. My bet would be Thief, but I dunno...
    Chespin used Arial Ace, and Froakie most likely used Acrobatics. Fennekin used Psychic, Psywave, or some similar Psychic move. Or Mimic?

One of these Spoilers has a very Hot Chick hidden. One has Yaoi. And one will eat your Soul. Choose at your own risk~

Quote Originally Posted by MastersOfMonsters View Post
    Chespin used Arial Ace, and Froakie most likely used Acrobatics. Fennekin used Psychic, Psywave, or some similar Psychic move. Or Mimic?
    The type of the move Fennekin used seems to be the most obvious here.
    It is a Psychic-type move OR maybe it just used Me First and copied the move Kirlia was about to use... Or even Mimic, as you said.

So, Froakie used Acrobatics, Chespin used Aerial Ace and both are going to evolve to OriginalType/Flying? lol

Night Slash hits one time, then there is a small pause and then it hits again, just like the move you see in the trailer.
    Aerial Ace also "hits" two times, but the "pause" is way shorter, because its actually just one hit. Pay attention to the target being hit, it only reacts to one hit, the first one.
    Just in case someone does not accept that its just one hit, check the animation from the third generation.
    On the everlasting quest to get a good, unhacked, uncloned and not RNG abused Event-Entei.
    X FC: 4527-7554-6594
    White 2 FC: 2667-3367-8893

Yeah. We won't really know until we get further information. I was just predicting the second typings based on the looks of the starters' second attacks. Whatever the attacks were, I have a feeling that those attacks were not simply added into the trailer without the intention to cause speculation of the starters' second typings. I believe their is a reason for why the trailer showed those attacks.

But we shall learn the truth soon enough.

The type of the move Fennekin used seems to be the most obvious here.
    It is a Psychic-type move OR maybe it just used Me First and copied the move Kirlia was about to use... Or even Mimic, as you said.

So, Froakie used Acrobatics, Chespin used Aerial Ace and both are going to evolve to OriginalType/Flying? lol
    At this point, I don't think those second attacks they used indicates they will have that Type.

I'm certain that Chespin used Arial Ace, but Froakie using Acrobatics is just my guess. It looks very similar to how it looks in the anime. And Fennekin was using a Psychic move, be that from Mimic or it's own attacks.

Froakie as a Flying Type riding a cloud would be epic, though. XD

Quote Originally Posted by Xerneas View Post
    Night Slash hits one time, then there is a small pause and then it hits again, just like the move you see in the trailer.
    Aerial Ace also "hits" two times, but the "pause" is way shorter, because its actually just one hit. Pay attention to the target being hit, it only reacts to one hit, the first one.
    Just in case someone does not accept that its just one hit, check the animation from the third generation.
    It is a new generation, new graphics, new everything. Sometimes the animations change a bit. They changed Aerial Ace animation in BW and in B2W2 they changed it again.
    Aerial Ace is a valid option as Night Slash is.

The animation of the move in Generation III means nothing, we are in Generation V/VI now. lol

Quote Originally Posted by MastersOfMonsters View Post
    At this point, I don't think those second attacks they used indicates they will have that Type.

I'm certain that Chespin used Arial Ace, but Froakie using Acrobatics is just my guess. It looks very similar to how it looks in the anime. And Fennekin was using a Psychic move, be that from Mimic or it's own attacks.

Froakie as a Flying Type riding a cloud would be epic, though. XD
    I agree (with everything you said) especially with the move Chespin used and the epicness of Froakie riding a cloud. xD

Quote Originally Posted by Kariachi View Post
    Except that Dark/Psychic/Fighting isn't a proper triangle. Now, if we made them Rock/Flying/Fighting...
    The only problem with Rock(Chespin)/Flying(Fennekin)/Fighting(Froakie) is that Fennekin's attacks would be only normally effective against Chespin, while Chespin and Froakie's typings would cover all the three starters. Meaning that Fennekin would get the short end of the stick.
    Last edited by Ryechuu; 16th January 2013 at 8:10 PM.

It is a new generation, new graphics, new everything. Sometimes the animations change a bit. They changed Aerial Ace animation in BW and in B2W2 they changed it again.
    Aerial Ace is a valid option as Night Slash is.

The animation of the move in Generation III means nothing, we are in Generation V/VI now. lol

I agree (with everything you said) especially with the epicness of Froakie riding a cloud. xD
    Its still only one hit, in every generation.
    On the everlasting quest to get a good, unhacked, uncloned and not RNG abused Event-Entei.
    X FC: 4527-7554-6594
    White 2 FC: 2667-3367-8893

Quote Originally Posted by Xerneas View Post
    But this is the sixth generation and moves change to a different animation almost every gen, meaning that it could be Night Slash, Shadow Claw or Aerial Ace. Or, even a move we don't know about yet.
    Only time I've ever cried in Pokemon; when Ash took over command of Chimchar in the Tag Team Tournament. That's when I started to love Chimchar & Monferno Lol keep in mind I was 9

Check me out on FanFiction: http://www.fanfiction.net/u/3016020/MonfernoFreak

If you think the Sinnoh saga has been the best saga of the whole show, copy and paste this into your signature! (started by FlameRose)

If you think that it's unfair that Ash finds starters in the wild and we can't, copy and paste this into your siggy! (started by zebbystrika)

Page 186 of 1178 FirstFirst ... 86136176182183184185186187188189190196236286 ... LastLast