View Poll Results: Which starter would you use?

Voters
3150. You may not vote on this poll
  • Chespin

845 26.83%
  • Fennekin

1,329 42.19%
  • Froakie

849 26.95%
  • NONE, Dunsparce looks better

127 4.03%
Page 188 of 1178 FirstFirst ... 88138178184185186187188189190191192198238288 ... LastLast
Results 4,676 to 4,700 of 29437

Thread: Starter Speculation/Discussion Thread

Quote Originally Posted by MonfernoFreak View Post
    No one seems to care about my idea about Psyshock... Sigh...
    Psyshock has a different animation.

However, that doesn't mean that they can't change it.

Anyway, I'd love for a Grass/Steel! Have you seen a Chespin evo where he's actually Grass/Steel. It's epic. Just search up Chespin evolution and it should come up, although some people say it looks a little like Excadrill. Have we ever had a Water/Poison anyway?
    Yes, we did: Tentacool, Tentacruel and Qwilfish.

EDIT: Ninja'd.
    MY MAIN FANFICS

Super Smash Bros Clash: 6 chapters, ongoing | Pokémon Best Wishes Reloaded: 3 episodes, ongoing

Self-made claimer of AntennaShipping {Meguri the Moogle (Original Character / Final Fantasy) x Captain Olimar (Pikmin)}
    and SteakShipping {Ness (MOTHER 2 / Earthbound) x Doremi (Ojamajo Doremi)}

I think I'm the only one who wants Chespin to be Grass/Ground still.

Anyway, since Chespin is a hedghog, I thought of some perfect evolution names: Chespike and Chespear.
    Anyone else think of names too?
    3DS FC: 1762-3779-2632
    I have claimed Empoleon, Rosalina, and Super Mario Galaxy!
    Pokégyms

Currently Looking For:
    any meowth/persian

Quote Originally Posted by TheEliteEmpoleon View Post

Anyway, since Chespin is a hedghog, I thought of some perfect evolution names: Chespike and Chespear.
    You thought of? You sure those names aren't from a recent "leak"? ^^ Hmm?
    Is apparantly Dragon Type in the Friend Safari. Neat.

One of these Spoilers has a very Hot Chick hidden. One has Yaoi. And one will eat your Soul. Choose at your own risk~

Spoiler:- Number 1:

Spoiler:- Number 2:

Spoiler:- Number 3:

I hate how a clearly rodent Pokémon is being called a Hedgehog but I guess that's Japanese for you.
    Misinterpreting my posts is not your fault, negative repping me, and getting very sensitive about my posts because you misinterpreted my posts however is your fault. Think really hard, before negative repping or making a big deal about my posts. I don't appreciate being negative repped for reasons that are a result of misinterpreting my posts.

Quote Originally Posted by dman_dustin View Post
    There is one fundamental flaw here.

This is a new generation with entirely a different battling system (well I mean in terms of appearance), with completely upgraded graphics, and full 3D.

Clearly some moves are going to get updated, like Aura Sphere, it looks a little bit different than the 2D version of the move.

For example for close combat, Froakie's version is typical in the anime, just straight up, punching, kicking, pecking, smacking, and slapping.

And another thing, take out Night Slash, and put in shadow claw.
    True, it's a whole new generation they might tweak some animations here and there, however, the intrepretations are the closest to what we had in current Gen games. So they could be what they are or ideas gone astray.

Hmmm, those actually sound legit, if only we all hadn't heard of them before. Haha.

EDIT:MastersofMonsters you're fast!

Quote Originally Posted by MastersOfMonsters View Post
    You thought of? You sure those names aren't from a recent "leak"? ^^ Hmm?
    I seriously have no idea what you're talking about. I get all my news from Serebii. I thought of them in school after talking about spears in a History class.
    Pokégyms

Currently Looking For:
    any meowth/persian

[QUOTE=german suplex;15595781]

Hmmm, those actually sound legit, if only we all hadn't heard of them before. Haha.

EDIT:MastersofMonsters you're fast!
    In a way, that was a big insult. I love it~

And I have nothing to do, so I keep updating the forums and the main page for news. ;_;

@TheEliteEmpoleon
    http://pastebin.com/Z2tMiaJR

Those names appears here. You really didn't see it, and still came up with those names by yourself..?

One of these Spoilers has a very Hot Chick hidden. One has Yaoi. And one will eat your Soul. Choose at your own risk~

Quote Originally Posted by Ryechuu View Post
    Lol thanks, you've forever made Fennekin creepy to me.
    - Hiatus Notice -

I'm sorry to do this, but I won't be posting in the Serebii Discussion Forums anymore. My account here will remain open for trading/chatting with friends, but please be patient for a reply as my visits here will be fewer.

I've left for the greener pastures of Bulbagarden Forums, where free speech is still allowed and the rules are followed by all, including those who enforce them.

It's been a fun 3 years ~

Quote Originally Posted by german suplex View Post
    True, it's a whole new generation they might tweak some animations here and there, however, the intrepretations are the closest to what we had in current Gen games. So they could be what they are or ideas gone astray.
    Sure it's what we have, I'm just saying that it's not absolutely confirmed, I mean it's likely, I just don't see that move Chespin using as Aerial Ace, or what Froakie is doing as Acrobatics, it could be I just disagree with it. Sounds pretty boring.

Besides I'm sure some animations would have to be updated anyway, since the 2D counterparts, are less than ideal anyway.

That said, I really wonder what Iron tail, steel wing, and those type of moves are going to look like.
    Misinterpreting my posts is not your fault, negative repping me, and getting very sensitive about my posts because you misinterpreted my posts however is your fault. Think really hard, before negative repping or making a big deal about my posts. I don't appreciate being negative repped for reasons that are a result of misinterpreting my posts.

We need a 3ds bundle
    Im holding out on buying a 3ds why?
    If gamefreak cancels like megaman legends.....................

[QUOTE=MastersOfMonsters;15595788]
    Quote Originally Posted by german suplex View Post
    @TheEliteEmpoleon
    http://pastebin.com/Z2tMiaJR

Those names appears here. You really didn't see it, and still came up with those names by yourself..?
    Yeah I'm being dead honest.
    Pokégyms

Currently Looking For:
    any meowth/persian

Well if we look at past gen grass/poison fire/flying and water (1) we see that water is weak to grass, fire/flying is two times super effective to grass and blastoise can easly kill charizard despite its dualtype.. with the grass, fire/fighting water/ground (3) swampert can still destroy blaziken despite its fighting type and Sceptile has a x4 against Swampert being also faster.. Grass/ground fire/fighting water/steel (4), I would say, are the most balanced cause empoleon can use water moves against torterra without resistence, torterra can use its ground moves against empoleon but grass is no more x2, and of course infernape uses fighting moves against empoleon.. But all this things do not count that water starters can use ice moves and kill grass starters, that empoleon and blaziken are birds and have flying moves against grass and fighting and a lot of other details.. I mean look at the 4 gen which I said is the most balanced.. Torterra is grass/ground, both x2 against empoleon water/steel, but Empoleon is fast (yeah more then torterra at least) and has a great sp. att. so it just needs a blizzard to destroy torterra moderate sp. def.
    All this just to say that we don't necessarily need another triangle for chespin/fennekin/froakie second types.

[QUOTE=TheEliteEmpoleon;15595801]
    Yeah I'm being dead honest.
    Well, not calling you a liar, but that's one very huge coinsidence... not that it matters, the names are great anyways~

Quote Originally Posted by thunderman2067 View Post
    We need a 3ds bundle
    Im holding out on buying a 3ds why?
    If gamefreak cancels like megaman legends.....................
    LOL.

There is a huge difference between Gamefreak and Capcom.

Gamefreak would only cancel a game, if there was a legitimate reason, like everything about Pokémon Generation 6th completely and utterly erased making it impossible for them to release it. Even then I think it would only be severely delayed. Like we have to wait 10 years or something.

Well, not calling you a liar, but that's one very huge coinsidence... not that it matters, the names are great anyways~
    There are many people who called Snivy before it was official. I suppose we could think that whomever localized it just copied fans, or maybe he/she/they came up with it on their own even with the fans calling it that.

LOL.

Gamefreak would only cancel a game, if there was a legitimate reason, like everything about Pokémon Generation 6th completely and utterly erased making it impossible for them to release it. Even then I think it would only be severely delayed. Like we have to wait 10 years or something.
    hmmm..... i hope so if i bbuy a 3ds just for pokemon and...........

LOL.

There are many people who called Snivy before it was official. I suppose we could think that whomever localized it just copied fans, or maybe he/she/they came up with it on their own even with the fans calling it that.
    But both the names? ._.

And I never heard people call it Snivy, though I did hear Pignite for Tepig a lot. And still not sure what Oshawott's name is suppose to be~

But both the names? ._.

And I never heard people call it Snivy, though I did hear Pignite for Tepig a lot. And still not sure what Oshawott's name is suppose to be~

I remember Snivy being called Smugleaf lol.

My favorites team:

For these secondary types for the starter evolutions.. Who ever said that all three would get a secondary type? There's no way to be sure yet. What I would like to see would maybe be Fire/Psychic for Fennekin, Water/Poison, maybe, for Froakie, and either pure grass, or possible even Grass/Flying for Chespin. Now that would be a new one.

~ Pokémon White Team ~ | ~ | ~ Pokémon White 2 Team ~ | ~ | ~ Pokémon Y Team ~
    . . ~ | ~ ~ | ~
    Friend Code: 2365 5104 6047 ~ | ~ Friend Code: 2624 0490 4722 ~ | ~ Friend Code: 1993 7426 4118
    - I have claimed the awesome Helioptile -

But both the names? ._.
    It's not that hard if you think of sharp pointy object.

Clearly Pike/Spike (I don't which one it's supposed to be based off of) and Spear make sense, but I guess in conjunction with Pin, I guess it would be a hard leap but still possible. But who knows, I don't know.

As for Snivy, I even had Snivy as Snivy (when I was predicting it's English Name), because I saw it on the internet before it's English name was revealed.

It's not that hard if you think of sharp pointy object.

Clearly Pike/Spike (I don't which one it's supposed to be based off of) and Spear make sense, but I guess in conjunction with Pin, I guess it would be a hard leap but still possible. But who knows, I don't know.

As for Snivy, I even had Snivy as Snivy (when I was predicting it's English Name), because I saw it on the internet before it's English name was revealed.
    I still see it as a longshot, but it doesn't really matter. I've never guessed right on any Pkmn's English name. :'(

@Chespin17
    Smugleaf got extremely popular, if I remember correctly. XD

Quote Originally Posted by Chespin17 View Post
    Oh how I despised that name. xD I'm glad it's called Snivy instead.

Quote Originally Posted by Stardastarly View Post
    or possible even Grass/Flying for Chespin. Now that would be a new one.
    Tropius and Jumpluff say hi.

Anyway, my best guess for Chespin's evolved name is "Porcuspine" (yes, I know it's a hedgehog, not a porcupine, but the evolved form could be more of a porcupine).
    Oh, look! I wrote a fanfic! Weak (One-Shot. Rated G). Can Iris convince Bianca that she can't just avoid her problems?

And another one: Mischief (One-Shot. Rated G). A little fun for October.

I still see it as a longshot, but it doesn't really matter. I've never guessed right on any Pkmn's English name. :'(

@Chespin17
    Smugleaf got extremely popular, if I remember correctly. XD
    I honestly wonder if anyone would've gotten Chespin, Fennekin or even Froakie, if we didn't already have their English names.

Froakie honestly seems like the most likely to have been guess correctly.

Quote Originally Posted by Ememew View Post
    Tropius and Jumpluff say hi.

Anyway, my best guess for Chespin's evolved name is "Porcuspine" (yes, I know it's a hedgehog, not a porcupine, but the evolved form could be more of a porcupine).
    Even a Porcupine is a rodent.....stupid hedgehog origin.

Quote Originally Posted by Chespin17 View Post
    I kind of get the same vibe from fennekin
    But not as strong as with snivy

White2 Friend code: 0519-7592-3571
    X Friend code: 0216-1851-5361
    My safari: FIRE, slugma,growlith,ninetales

Quote Originally Posted by Stardastarly View Post
    For these secondary types for the starter evolutions.. Who ever said that all three would get a secondary type? There's no way to be sure yet. What I would like to see would maybe be Fire/Psychic for Fennekin, Water/Poison, maybe, for Froakie, and either pure grass, or possible even Grass/Flying for Chespin. Now that would be a new one.
    I have a sort of suspect, not really a theory actually.. If you look at the grass starters the only two who got a secondary type are bulbasaur and turtwig. Well now if we look at chikorita, treecko and snivy they have nothing particular if not a leaf somewhere (on the head or on the tail). Despite that they are simply a gecko a snake and what the hell is chikorita).. Bulbasaur instead had a bulb and turtwig its brown and black shell.. I would say that more details they have and more possible is the secondary type.. Chespin has a strange tail and that sort of thorny hat of course..It's the most particular grass starter and it will gain a second type imo..
    Just speculation of course (this has no confirmation with fire and water starters)
    Last edited by john90; 16th January 2013 at 10:16 PM.

Page 188 of 1178 FirstFirst ... 88138178184185186187188189190191192198238288 ... LastLast