View Poll Results: Which starter would you use?

Voters
3150. You may not vote on this poll
  • Chespin

845 26.83%
  • Fennekin

1,329 42.19%
  • Froakie

849 26.95%
  • NONE, Dunsparce looks better

127 4.03%
Page 200 of 1178 FirstFirst ... 100150190196197198199200201202203204210250300 ... LastLast
Results 4,976 to 5,000 of 29437

Thread: Starter Speculation/Discussion Thread

Quote Originally Posted by willda View Post
    What do you mean about periors and kings? don't like royalty, or the designs? and deja vu? naruto is still going!
    Yeah, I stopped a long time ago because it bored the crap outta me I had other anime one my to-watch list. But when I was into it I saw a lot of emo Kyuubi fanart and all of the Fennekin speculation is bringing it back like some horrible acid trip flashback :/

I don't mind royalty, but the king thing has outstayed its welcome. To date, we have slaking, slowking, nidoking, seaking, kingdra, kingler, and koiking (Magikarp in Japanese). We know from names like 'Hydreigon' etc that the localisation team are, occasionally, quite clever. Which makes it even more annoying when they phone it in and slap 'king' on final evolutions. And I'd like to point out that 5 of those 7 names are water types, meaning a 'Froaking' is even less palatable. At least in my opinion.

I know about Serperior but what was the other one?
    Rhy. (ninja'd )
    - Hiatus Notice -

I'm sorry to do this, but I won't be posting in the Serebii Discussion Forums anymore. My account here will remain open for trading/chatting with friends, but please be patient for a reply as my visits here will be fewer.

I've left for the greener pastures of Bulbagarden Forums, where free speech is still allowed and the rules are followed by all, including those who enforce them.

It's been a fun 3 years ~

Quote Originally Posted by MonfernoFreak View Post
    I know about Serperior but what was the other one?
    Rhyperior. Took me a second to remember too. Dang ninja'd.

I would pick Fennekin because she's my favorite out of the three, but I may just pick Chespin because he looks like an Oshawott who ran into a muddy jungle and came out with a different look.

Which makes him adorable. And is it just me or does it look like Chespin is a Pokemon Ash would pick?
    Pokemon Y Current Team

Chespin is my favorite i hope his last evolution is bad***
    I claim Mewugirom and ultimate Kyurem Credit by BrutakaBlazikin

3ds fc- 2664-2274-9834
    Pokemon White FC-0347-1829-1770

Clans
    KI:U- [в˛κ] born 2 kill
    MK7- [tAF] team AlphaFreeze

Can't wait till Pokémon X and Y

LOL, add Chesperior to my prediction of names of the last stage. And Fenpoleon. So...Chesperior, Fenpoleon and Froaking </cliche>

One of these is gonna be real. :ninja

Quote Originally Posted by SasakiThePikachu View Post
    Rhy. (ninja'd )
    Quote Originally Posted by Professor Dex View Post
    Rhyperior. Took me a second to remember too. Dang ninja'd.
    Neither of you were actually "ninja'd" because without editing your posts, you'd obviously seen me post it before you ever posted.

Quote Originally Posted by Icepath View Post
    I would pick Fennekin because she's my favorite out of the three, but I may just pick Chespin because he looks like an Oshawott who ran into a muddy jungle and came out with a different look.
    Only reason people are saying that Chespin looks like Oshawott is because of his eyes.
    Yes, they have similar body types, but that's not what you noticed first.
    Subconsciously, people saw the eyes and were all too quick to jump all over the "THIS IS STUPID GRASS OSHAWOTT".

And is it just me or does it look like Chespin is a Pokemon Ash would pick?
    Not just you, I promise.
    Check out my band's new EP! ... And like us on Facebook while you're at it!
    [IMG]http://oi49.*******.com/21mzpmr.jpg[/IMG]
    Hat by wolfy.

Quote Originally Posted by willda View Post
    Well I agree about 80% of the way. this is my favorite: http://g--i--r.deviantart.com/art/Fe...-Evo-347603431 (I know I shared it earlier but I hope Sugimori goes in this direction as it id dope IMO)
    I like this one. I won't mind if Fennekin evolves into something like this.

Quote Originally Posted by YellowHat's Revenge View Post
    Neither of you were actually "ninja'd" because without editing your posts, you'd obviously seen me post it before you ever posted.
    Nope. Wrote it with the strong hunch I was going to be ninjad, posted, saw that I had been, and speedily edited. I'm an edit ninja

Oh god I'd forgotten the Ash Effect (whichever starter he picks I usually grow to hate). I hope the anime doesn't hit the uk until after I've raised at least 2 of the 3 starters. And if he ruins Fennekin for me... *shakes fist at sky*
    - Hiatus Notice -

I'm sorry to do this, but I won't be posting in the Serebii Discussion Forums anymore. My account here will remain open for trading/chatting with friends, but please be patient for a reply as my visits here will be fewer.

I've left for the greener pastures of Bulbagarden Forums, where free speech is still allowed and the rules are followed by all, including those who enforce them.

This is the best evolution for Chespin by far imo (Just look at the Chesin evo, not the others) -
    http://leviathyn.com/games-2/news/20...er-evolutions/
    And for Froakie:
    http://sphotos-a.xx.fbcdn.net/hphoto...80855410_n.png
    I don't want this to become which one is better, cause they are both really cute. But I agree I like the "thiner" style of the one you picked over the "fatter style" but they both are really good, I would be happy if Chespin became something like ether one of these 2.

Back home! TO HOENN!

Poochyena is claimed by me!
        Spoiler:- Who made what:

Nope. Wrote it with the strong hunch I was going to be ninjad, posted, saw that I had been, and speedily edited. I'm an edit ninja

Oh god I'd forgotten the Ash Effect (whichever starter he picks I usually grow to hate). I hope the anime doesn't hit the uk until after I've raised at least 2 of the 3 starters. And if he ruins Fennekin for me... *shakes fist at sky*
    So the only starters you don't hate are Mudkip, Torchic, and Piplup?...
    Hat by wolfy.

Quote Originally Posted by Shraeder View Post
    This is my favorite since it resembles how I feel Froakie will turn out.

Spoiler:- Water/Fighting:
    My favorite Froakie evolution ^^

I like it since it isn't fat like all the other ones. I think Froakie will be quick and skinny since that's how they portrayed it in the trailer. The face could use some work however.
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~Shraeder~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    So I herd u liek Mudkipz...So do I!
    FC: 4742-5645-2960
    Friend Safari: Aipom, Audino, and DITTO!

Quote Originally Posted by Icepath View Post

Which makes him adorable. And is it just me or does it look like Chespin is a Pokemon Ash would pick?
    Very much so. Ash will most definitely catch Chespin. ANd lol about the muddy jungle thing, although I disagree that he looks anything like Oshawott >:C

Quote Originally Posted by NO $aints View Post
    Chespin is my favorite i hope his last evolution is bad***
    Chespin... Is... Epic...

Ikr. Ash usually ruins Pokemon for me, because he makes them have a different personality (well HE doesn't make them, GF does) that what I want them to be, and then that's all I see them as. Like now I can never see Oshawott or Gliscor being serious -.-

And also with Pokemon like Bulbasaur, I still love that little guy, but now I can never see that cute little friendly face as a mean, nasty Pokemon being raised by a spiteful trainer. God dammit Pokemon! This applies with almost all of Ash's Pokemon, and like 33% of the time it pisses me off.
    Only time I've ever cried in Pokemon; when Ash took over command of Chimchar in the Tag Team Tournament. That's when I started to love Chimchar & Monferno Lol keep in mind I was 9

Check me out on FanFiction: http://www.fanfiction.net/u/3016020/MonfernoFreak

If you think the Sinnoh saga has been the best saga of the whole show, copy and paste this into your signature! (started by FlameRose)

If you think that it's unfair that Ash finds starters in the wild and we can't, copy and paste this into your siggy! (started by zebbystrika)

My favorite Froakie evolution ^^

I like it since it isn't fat like all the other ones. I think Froakie will be quick and skinny since that's how they portrayed it in the trailer.
    Yeah, but look what happened to Bulbasaur, Totodile (Not really but sorta), Turtwig and Tepig (ish).
    Only time I've ever cried in Pokemon; when Ash took over command of Chimchar in the Tag Team Tournament. That's when I started to love Chimchar & Monferno Lol keep in mind I was 9

If you think the Sinnoh saga has been the best saga of the whole show, copy and paste this into your signature! (started by FlameRose)

If you think that it's unfair that Ash finds starters in the wild and we can't, copy and paste this into your siggy! (started by zebbystrika)

So the only starters you don't hate are Mudkip, Torchic, and Piplup?...
    I'm generally ok if I raise them before I see Ash (or his girlfriend of the season) raising them, because then I can still think of that pokemon as the one I loved and trained. But if I'm thinking of raising one but watch the anime first...yeah, it's mildly off-putting to always imagine that pokemon as an annoying sidekick. Mercifully I skipped all of the Sinnoh 'Saga' so never had to deal with Dawn's Piplup...wonder if it's a coincidence that Sinnoh pokemon tend to be my favourites? Hm o.O

Anyways, I digress with weird ramblings...hopefully when the next evolution stage images are released, we'll be given a bit of time to madly speculate on what type they are (if given a dual typing) before we're told.

Ikr. Ash usually ruins Pokemon for me...
    LOL +1 to everything you said.
    - Hiatus Notice -

Wow, First post.
    Froakie is the best gen 6 starter
    Reasons: My own lol
    “Three Rings for the Elven-kings under the sky,
    Seven for the Dwarf-lords in halls of stone,
    Nine for Mortal Men, doomed to die,
    One for the Dark Lord on his dark throne
    In the Land of Mordor where the Shadows lie.
    One Ring to rule them all, One Ring to find them,
    One Ring to bring them all and in the darkness bind them.
    In the Land of Mordor where the Shadows lie.”
    ― J.R.R. Tolkien, The Lord of the Rings

"And through me the Ring will gain an even greater power."
    ― J.R.R. Tolkien, The Fellowship of the Ring

Who's the greater wizard? Gandalf or his creator?

I'm generally ok if I raise them before I see Ash (or his girlfriend of the season) raising them, because then I can still think of that pokemon as the one I loved and trained. But if I'm thinking of raising one but watch the anime first...yeah, it's mildly off-putting to always imagine that pokemon as an annoying sidekick. Mercifully I skipped all of the Sinnoh 'Saga' so never had to deal with Dawn's Piplup...wonder if it's a coincidence that Sinnoh pokemon tend to be my favourites? Hm o.O
    Sinnoh ftw.

Yeah, but look what happened to Bulbasaur, Totodile (Not really but sorta), Turtwig and Tepig (ish).
    I don't see where comparison is...

I don't see where comparison is...
    You said Froakie looked really speedy in the trailer. Tepig's pretty speedy, and same with Ash's Totodile, Bulbasaur and Turtwig. Look how they turned out. Venasaur, Torterra, Feraligator (ish) and Emboar (once again, ish). None of them are speedy. Torterra, Venasaur and Emboar are fat slobs (NOT IN A MEAN WAY) so who says Froakie can't turn out that way?

EDIT: Ninja'd (Not really but sorta)

And yay, I am a Thunder Trainer now! Although I liked being a Cascade Trainer way more...

Ikr. Ash usually ruins Pokemon for me, because he makes them have a different personality (well HE doesn't make them, GF does) that what I want them to be, and then that's all I see them as. Like now I can never see Oshawott or Gliscor being serious -.-
    GameFreak doesn't write the anime.

Watch your double posts, mate.
    And all of those Pokemon look very much like they're going to evolve into bulky creatures. Froakie does not.

Quote Originally Posted by strikeZone13 View Post
    Wow, First post.
    Froakie is the best gen 6 starter
    Reasons: My own lol
    Hey, welcome aboard. If you have any questions, don't bother asking me, since last time I was a regular user here was in 2008 when the Face-Offs section was still alive.
    But yeah, I got my reasons, too. Froakie is rad.
    Hat by wolfy.

GameFreak doesn't write the anime.

Watch your double posts, mate.
    And all of those Pokemon look very much like they're going to evolve into bulky creatures. Froakie does not.
    Btw, that second post was after I had sent the first one and I hadn't seen the post I was quoting... If that made any sense?
    IMO, Froake looks like it'll turn into a fat frog, it sort of reminds me of a miniature, discoloured Seismitoad...

And my mistake, I didn't know who wrote it so I just put GF figuring that most of you would know what I was talking about...

You said Froakie looked really speedy in the trailer. Tepig's pretty speedy, and same with Ash's Totodile, Bulbasaur and Turtwig. Look how they turned out. Venasaur, Torterra, Feraligator (ish) and Emboar (once again, ish). None of them are speedy. Torterra, Venasaur and Emboar are fat slobs (NOT IN A MEAN WAY) so who says Froakie can't turn out that way?

EDIT: Ninja'd (Not really but sorta)

And yay, I am a Thunder Trainer now! Although I liked being a Cascade Trainer way more...
    That's in the anime though. Venasaur and Feraligatr are actually pretty fast

Since when was Venasaur fast? I do not remember this?!

Stat-wise, he's not bad.
    And Feraligatr actually slimmed down in the 4th gen, design-wise.

And about your double post with the quote, I understand what you mean, but just edit your first post and put the quote in rather than double-posting.
    Hat by wolfy.

Well Venasaur with an ability
    “Three Rings for the Elven-kings under the sky,
    Seven for the Dwarf-lords in halls of stone,
    Nine for Mortal Men, doomed to die,
    One for the Dark Lord on his dark throne
    In the Land of Mordor where the Shadows lie.
    One Ring to rule them all, One Ring to find them,
    One Ring to bring them all and in the darkness bind them.
    In the Land of Mordor where the Shadows lie.”
    ― J.R.R. Tolkien, The Lord of the Rings

"And through me the Ring will gain an even greater power."
    ― J.R.R. Tolkien, The Fellowship of the Ring

Who's the greater wizard? Gandalf or his creator?

Quote Originally Posted by Ungoliath View Post
    LOL, add Chesperior to my prediction of names of the last stage. And Fenpoleon. So...Chesperior, Fenpoleon and Froaking </cliche>

One of these is gonna be real. :ninja
    Fenpoleon definitely won't be real, unless somehow she is also based on Napoleon Bonaparte.

Since it gets Chlorophyll as hidden ability lol

My shinies. Just click the links~

~Shiny Banner 1~
    ~Shiny Banner 2~
    ~Shiny Banner 3~

My shinies are not for trade or cloning.
    Shinies are not listed in order, for example the last shiny on the banner is not always the latest shiny I've obtained.
    Banner 1 made by Light Venusaur, thanks ^_^

Page 200 of 1178 FirstFirst ... 100150190196197198199200201202203204210250300 ... LastLast