View Poll Results: Which starter would you use?

Voters
3150. You may not vote on this poll
  • Chespin

845 26.83%
  • Fennekin

1,329 42.19%
  • Froakie

849 26.95%
  • NONE, Dunsparce looks better

127 4.03%
Page 205 of 1178 FirstFirst ... 105155195201202203204205206207208209215255305 ... LastLast
Results 5,101 to 5,125 of 29437

Thread: Starter Speculation/Discussion Thread

Quote Originally Posted by sflytal View Post
    Hoenn had some of my favorite starters actually. I hated Treecko at first but then i realized the Sceptile is a speedy beast... and Blaziken will always have a special place in my heart. Also, I hear I like mudkips... O_o Yeah I like all three. Gen V was the first time I couldn't stand any of them at all.
    Aww, come on.
    Snivy was pretty cool...
    Gen4 for me had the absolute worst. But Gen4 sucked anyway.
    Y Team: Delphox, Venusaur (Mega), Blaziken, Absol, Aegislash, Florges
    PROUD TO DONATE GOOD POKEMON TO THE WONDER TRADE!
    But I swear to Arceus if you give me a Dedenne, I will find you.
    3DS Friend Code: 2036-7115-4768
    (my safari zone really sucks... sorry. IT HAS DEDENNE. STUPID KARMA.)
    <<R.I.P.
    HELLO HERE'S MY FANFICTION

Mod note: Signature should have have font size larger than 3.
    Lux note: You're right, it should.

I also talk about Pokemon stuffs here. (and the link works now.)

Quote Originally Posted by Luxvan View Post
    Aww, come on.
    Snivy was pretty cool...
    Gen4 for me had the absolute worst. But Gen4 sucked anyway.
    Gen II was the one that sucked.

And Gen IV starters are the best, hands down.

Quote Originally Posted by Nyarlathotep View Post

Cool ! Another Sinnoh fan !

I don't know who I'm going for first yet, and probably won't until the game is out, so I've decided on names for all of them, just in case.

Chespin- Heike
    Fennekin- Mudiwa
    Froakie- Cyrille

In my first playthough of every game I plan out my team in advance, and give them each a unisex name.
    I still love you, I will till I die
    And love is much stronger then anger or pride
    Please baby, let's unburn all our bridges

I am planning on calling my Fennekin the very unoriginal name of Mozilla

This is the first time someone has said this to me, but to each their own.
    <<R.I.P.

Gen I: Charizard was awesome, Blastoise and Venusaur were great. Come on it was Gen I... that means they're the gold standard
    Gen II:... honestly couldn't stand Meganium. Feraligator looked cool but his move pool was lacking. Same goes for Typhlosion
    Gen III:Blazkin was awesome, Sceptile was a beast, and Swampert had an awesome move pool and stats imo
    Gen IV: Infernape was pretty cool, Empoleon I couldn't stand, and Torterra was a tank
    Gen V:... all around fail imo
    -sflytal

I try to use at least one Pokemon that is new to me each time I play through a game.

My level 100s:

Quote Originally Posted by carboncopy View Post
    Cool ! Another Sinnoh fan !
    Sinnoh rocks. The region that made me love Pokémon again.

I'll never understand the hate it gets.

My only problem with Sinnoh was the ridiculous lack of fire types. My favorite type and the only new one was the starter. FAIL!
    -sflytal

I try to use at least one Pokemon that is new to me each time I play through a game.

My level 100s:

Show me the Sinnoh haters. I will have words with them (sinnoh brought me my gallade <3 )

Gen I: Charizard was awesome, Blastoise and Venusaur were great. Come on it was Gen I... that means they're the gold standard
    Gen II:... honestly couldn't stand Meganium. Feraligator looked cool but his move pool was lacking. Same goes for Typhlosion
    Gen III:Blazkin was awesome, Sceptile was a beast, and Swampert had an awesome move pool and stats imo
    Gen IV: Infernape was pretty cool, Empoleon I couldn't stand, and Torterra was a tank
    I agree with you, except for the bolded stuff.

Same I love Sinnoh mainly because it was my first game its snowing here and it reminds me of snowpoint city.

Why are all Froakie fan art showing Froakies evolution with a mustache.

Imo:

Kanto: Venusaur was awesome, by far my favorite starter from Generation I.
    Blastoise was great and Charizard... Meh. Charmeleon is one of my favorite Pokémon, but I can't stand its evolution.

Johto: Meganium is quite boring, Feraligatr is one of the ugliest Pokémon ever and Typlhosion was the saving grace of this generation of starters.

Hoenn: Didn't like any of them, but I used Swampert due to its usefulness.

Sinnoh: I love the three Generation IV starters. All of them have good type combinations and are useful in some way.
    Infernape is probably my favorite Pokémon and Torterra is one of my faves as well. Empoleon is great, but there is something wrong on its design, I just don't know what.

Unova: I like Emboar, mainly because of the Journey to the West reference. The other two ones are meh.

Quote Originally Posted by FennekinFan View Post
    Show me the Sinnoh haters. I will have words with them (sinnoh brought me my gallade <3 )
    You can find them everywhere, specially on this forums :|
    Gallade rocks as well.

To me: Sinnoh > Kanto/Unova > Hoenn > Johto.

i liked the sinnoh starters, gen 4 was the first gen where i liked the last form of all of the starters. infernape was cool, torterra was cool and so was empoleon and their typeings where good.

I used all 3 of the starters in Platinum there its toooo hard to pick one.

i always use all 3 of the starter at some point even if i dont like them just to test them out.

One of the aspects I like the most about Sinnoh starters is their basis. All of them are based on something cool:

Infernape: Sun Wukong, Torterra: Black Tortoise, Empoleon: Poseidon... kinda.
    Besides Emboar (based on Zhu Baije), I don't recall any other starter besides them to be inspired by myths or legends.

That said, I'd love if the Generation VI were based on myths as well, but I don't think that will happen...

Ha Ha now everyone talking about how Sinnoh rocks. It's a nice change.

@blackarcanine: Haven't seen u in quite some time.

Ohhhh I like Chikorita's line... I used them in both silver and soul silver (I love defensive Pokemon and I love their design)

Anyway, I really cant decide on which one of these starters I like the most, they are all so different...

I'm one of those gen 4 and 5 hater. Bring your Gallade.
    *takes out Wobbufett*

I mean...Infernape was cool but Empoleon and Torterra are abominations. And I can't start to describe how awful gen V starters looks for me. I hated what they did to Dewott (It was looking JUST like a great Samurai and then it ended in the most derpiest evolution around) That gen had some very nice mechanics and some great Pokemon over here and there, but it's was overall the weakest generation of all. If it wouldn't be for Sawsbuck I would completely hate it.
    Last edited by Ungoliath; 18th January 2013 at 6:08 PM.

Ha Ha now everyone talking about how Sinnoh rocks. It's a nice change.

@blackarcanine: Haven't seen u in quite some time.
    Didn't really have a lot of free time lately.

But yeah Sinnoh is really underestimated. I think Froakie might turn out to be a ice type that would be cool.

i thought empoleon was based on napoleon

Quote Originally Posted by spiller View Post
    i thought empoleon was based on napoleon
    just the name I think.

Mmkay.

Gen 1, they weren't extraordinary, except maybe Charizard, as Venusaur was a poison flower, and Blastoise was a turtle with guns. Those two looked how they should've looked for their element, and it was a good idea. And then you get Charizard. The reason he gets so much popularity is probably because of what I just stated: he stands out. Grass? Let's make a flower. Water? Let's have a turtle. Fire?
    LET'S HAVE A FREAKING GIANT LIZARD GUY WITH WINGS SO THEREFORE IT'S A FREAKING DRAGON WHOOOOAAAAAAAA.
    It was good.

Gen 2, I agree, Meganium looked like something Sugimori scrapped from his *** after a late-night sushi bar hop or something. I think Feraligatr, for his time, looked really awesome, but afterwards, I can see why people don't like him. However, Silver was my first Pokemon game ever and I picked Totodile, he'll always have a special place in my heart. Typhlosion was always dominant, little needs to be said. It's true though, their movepools SUCK.

Gen 3, arguably the best. This was the only region where all 9 Pokemon were beautifully designed. They each had their own purposes, and they exceled (and Swampert came out before water/ground became overrated).

Gen 4, there was little I liked. I avoided Chimchar entirely, we've gone from a lizard with its tail on fire to a monkey with its *** on fire. Okay. Though, looking at Infernape's stats, that's not bad. Still, even before Gen5, I disliked the idea of a second fire/fighting starter. Piplup was the only one that I could appreciate all 3 stages. Can't go wrong with Water/Steel. And then Turtwig, who I didn't like until Torterra, arguably the best of the gen. The one thing I will say, though, is that it was a great idea making them all weak to each other.

Gen 5, yeah, I still shake my head at Tepig, at this point, fire starters went from master race to firefighters. I love Snivy, I don't care what anyone says, one of my absolute favorite Pokemon ever. He is awesome, and Serperior is as well. And then Oshawott. Yeah, Oshawott himself is a fail, but not the stages after. The shell idea was alright, but even the dominant Samurott looks like he shouldn't have it. It's a quadpedal Pokemon. How does it use swords. I can't understand it.
    It's like Gen 5 was 'OHH THIS IS A GREAT IDEA!!!' but only they seemed to think that.

Gen 4 < Gen 2 < Gen 5 < Gen 1 < Gen 3.

Also, my Gardevoir named FRAPPE, due to it being from Emerald, has SpAtk+ and Atk-, and is now living in its 7th file. CHALLENGE ACCEPTED.

brb gotta do less productive stuff.
    <<R.I.P.

Quote Originally Posted by Ungoliath View Post
    Empoleon and Torterra are abominations.
    No, they aren't. Can't say the same about Generation V starters. I don't hate them, but... I dunno.
    I think the lack of secondary types for Serperior and Samurott killed both for me. After Sinnoh's starter's I was expecting way more.

And that is coming from a huge Gen V lover. lol

just the name I think.
    Exactly. It was most likely based on Poseidon and his trident.

Anyway, I suspect Froakie's relation to Benjamin Franklin (people love to bring this up on tumblr) may be just the name as well...
    If there is a relation between them, in the first place.
    Last edited by Nyarlathotep; 18th January 2013 at 6:21 PM.

Page 205 of 1178 FirstFirst ... 105155195201202203204205206207208209215255305 ... LastLast