View Poll Results: Which starter would you use?

Voters
3150. You may not vote on this poll
  • Chespin

845 26.83%
  • Fennekin

1,329 42.19%
  • Froakie

849 26.95%
  • NONE, Dunsparce looks better

127 4.03%
Page 206 of 1178 FirstFirst ... 106156196202203204205206207208209210216256306 ... LastLast
Results 5,126 to 5,150 of 29437

Thread: Starter Speculation/Discussion Thread

If Froakie is Benjamin Franklin, then the song Friday is about Kennedy's assassination.
    Y Team: Delphox, Venusaur (Mega), Blaziken, Absol, Aegislash, Florges
    PROUD TO DONATE GOOD POKEMON TO THE WONDER TRADE!
    But I swear to Arceus if you give me a Dedenne, I will find you.
    3DS Friend Code: 2036-7115-4768
    (my safari zone really sucks... sorry. IT HAS DEDENNE. STUPID KARMA.)
    <<R.I.P.
    HELLO HERE'S MY FANFICTION

Mod note: Signature should have have font size larger than 3.
    Lux note: You're right, it should.

I also talk about Pokemon stuffs here. (and the link works now.)

Quote Originally Posted by Nyarlathotep View Post

No, they aren't. Can't say the same about Generation V starters. I don't hate them, but... I dunno.
    I think the lack of secondary types for Serperior and Samurott killed both for me. After Sinnoh's starter's I was expecting way more.
    And that is coming from a huge Gen V lover. lol
    Exactly. It was most likely based on Poseidon and his trident.
    Anyway, I suspect Froakie's relation to Benjamin Franklin (people love to bring this up on tumblr) may be just the name as well...
    If there is a relation between them, in the first place.
    First of all...I love you font choice.
    Second...Prinplup was good, I tend to like second stages. But Empoleon...He did not looked Steel to me and I felt it was taken out from Tim Burton movies. I just can't empthize with it. Grotle was also good, but Torterra had that awful tree I just despised it. And it lost that bandage on its legs that I thought it was an amazing aesthetics choice.
    And Samurott itself was a disappointment. When I say I loved Dewott I wasn't kidding. He's just awesome. I wanted it stayed bipedal and those shells become two swords. I was EXPECTING THAT with all my will.
    Last edited by Ungoliath; 18th January 2013 at 6:39 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Ungoliath View Post
    First of all...I love you font choice.
    Second...Prinplup was good, I tend to like second stages. But Empoleon...He did not looked Steel to me and I felt it was taken out from Tim Burton movies. I just can't empthize with it. Grotle was also good, but Torterra had that awful tree I just despised it. And it lost that bandage on its legs that I thought it was an amazing aesthetics choice.
    And Samurott itself was a disappointment. When I say I loved Dewott I wasn't kidding. He's just awesome. I wanted it stayed bipedal and those shells become two swords. I was EXPECTING THAT with all my will.
    I respect your point of view about their designs, but I have to disagree. Empoleon does look Steel-ish, even though it isn't colored gray/silver like most of the Steel-type Pokémon. Just look at its wings, they are like knives. I must say Empoleon looks more like a Steel Pokémon than Lucario, for example. Torterra, well, the trees makes perfect sense since it is based on the "tortoise who carries the world on its back" and I think that a Pokémon who lets other Pokémon live on its back is pretty badass haha. My problem with Samurott is the same as yours. Why the hell a freaking shogun/samurai is quadrupedal? If it looked like this it would probably be my favorite Water-type starter instead of Blastoise. Dewott is just badass, my second favorite middle stage after Charmeleon (who, by the way, I like way more than its final evolution, Charizard). That said, Samurott isn't my least favorite starter, the starter who holds this "honor" is the abomination called Feraligatr.

Quote Originally Posted by Luxvan View Post
    If Froakie is Benjamin Franklin, then the song Friday is about Kennedy's assassination.
    You just made my day.

What is that thing in froakies face foam bubbles or a mustache. I would love him to have a mustache though probably based on a early 20th century boxer if it is part fighting type.

Samurott has shown that it's fully capable of standing on two legs. I'm sure that it can fight, run, etc, on two legs, though we've yet to see much of that.

And yes, Froakie's evolutions with a mustache would be awesome, but the last starter (Samurott) has a mustache, so... yeah. ._.
    Is apparantly Dragon Type in the Friend Safari. Neat.

One of these Spoilers has a very Hot Chick hidden. One has Yaoi. And one will eat your Soul. Choose at your own risk~

Spoiler:- Number 1:

Spoiler:- Number 2:

Spoiler:- Number 3:

Gen II was the one that sucked.

Dude
    Take that back...
    Or I will use the power of internet to kill you....

At the moment number 10 in double battles of the Netherlands.

I respect your point of view about their designs, but I have to disagree. Empoleon does look Steel-ish, even though it isn't colored gray/silver like most of the Steel-type Pokémon. Just look at its wings, they are like knives. I must say Empoleon looks more like a Steel Pokémon than Lucario, for example. Torterra, well, the trees makes perfect sense since it is based on the "tortoise who carries the world on its back" and I think that a Pokémon who lets other Pokémon live on its back is pretty badass haha. My problem with Samurott is the same as yours. Why the hell a freaking shogun/samurai is quadrupedal? If it looked like this it would probably be my favorite Water-type starter instead of Blastoise. Dewott is just badass, my second favorite middle stage after Charmeleon (who, by the way, I like way more than its final evolution, Charizard). That said, Samurott isn't my least favorite starter, the starter who holds this "honor" is the abomination called Feraligatr.
    Well, that would be a better choice (On Samurott take I mean) but still needs the fur that Dewott had on the legs to simulate a Hakama.
    On Empoleon...yes, it does looks more steel than Lucario...But Lucario looks way more awesome than Empoleon so I forgive it xD IF Empoleon did not had those claws on the wings, that weird vest on his chest and that awful thing in the middle that looks like a crotch blade then I may have loved him a bit more. And those two golden circles on his back were uncalled for. I don't know, I just think that Prinplup deserved a better evolution.

And I just hate Torterra, so I'm too biased to even discuss it >_>

Quote Originally Posted by blackarcanine123 View Post
    You just made my day.

What is that thing in froakies face foam bubbles or a mustache. I would love him to have a mustache though probably based on a early 20th century boxer if it is part fighting type.
    Hm... For some reason, now you made me picture Froakie's evolution looking similar to Dudley from Street Fighter. Man, that would be cool.

Quote Originally Posted by Bariokie View Post
    Dude
    Take that back...
    Or I will use the power of internet to kill you....
    Nah, I'll say it again: Generation II sucked. I have reasons to think that way, though, unlike most of the Generation IV haters. And I am afraid I am not a dude.

Question: how many people's favorite type matches or at least comes close to their very first starter?
    -sflytal

I try to use at least one Pokemon that is new to me each time I play through a game.

My level 100s:

Well, my first starter was Chikorita, and grass is my second/third favorite type, so...
    I still love you, I will till I die
    And love is much stronger then anger or pride
    Please baby, let's unburn all our bridges

Nah, I'll say it again: Generation II sucked. I have reasons to think that way, though, unlike most of the Generation IV haters. And I am afraid I am not a dude.

(I call evryone dude)

TAKE DATTTT BACKKKKKK

No really
    It was the first I got.
    And I watched pokemon the whole day.
    When i take Pokemon Gold in my hands.
    I remember all the great times I had.
    And also. duuuuuudeeeeeeeee

Quote Originally Posted by Ungoliath View Post
    Well, that would be a better choice (On Samurott take I mean) but still needs the fur that Dewott had on the legs to simulate a Hakama.
    On Empoleon...yes, it does looks more steel than Lucario...But Lucario looks way more awesome than Empoleon so I forgive it xD IF Empoleon did not had those claws on the wings, that weird vest on his chest and that awful thing in the middle that looks like a crotch blade then I may have loved him a bit more. And those two golden circles on his back were uncalled for. I don't know, I just think that Prinplup deserved a better evolution.

And I just hate Torterra, so I'm too biased to even discuss it >_>
    Yeah, I agree that Lucario looks more awesome, although all the hype it receives make like it a little less (but I am not a hipster, I swear).
    You see, the "weird vest" is what makes Empoleon... Well, Empoleon. Without these characteristics, it would be just a regular derpy penguin. >_>

Although I must say, I am not a big fan of its sophisticated visual. I prefer more wild-like Pokémon, that is probably the reason I love Infernape. <3

No problem, but you shouldn't hate it. The poor thing isn't a bad starter by any means :')

Quote Originally Posted by sflytal View Post
    Question: how many people's favorite type matches or at least comes close to their very first starter?
    Well, my favorite starter is Infernape and my first was Venusaur... Which happens to be one of my favorites, of course.
    But one thing is for sure: Grass is my favorite type for starters, most of the time I pick the green buddies.

I think that empoleon and samurott are really great pokemon in design, but sugimori really went wrong with their artworks and Empoleon sprite is simply terrible..
    I mean look at this, is actually samurott but:
    http://browse.deviantart.com/?q=samu...et=24#/d3ebnl7
    Last edited by john90; 18th January 2013 at 7:20 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by john90 View Post
    I think that empoleon and samurott are really great pokemon in design, but sugimori really went wrong with their artworks and Empoleon sprite is simply terrible..
    I mean look at this, is actually samurott but:
    http://browse.deviantart.com/?q=samu...et=24#/d3ebnl7
    Yeah, like I said, my problem with Samurott is it being quadrupedal. The design is very good, perfect for a shogun/samurai themed Pokémon.

A thing I love to do, is have no clue what the Final Evolution is and pick my favorite first form. I've ended up picking Cyndaquill, Torchic, Piplup, and Snivy by doing this.

But this might be a time I have to pick by their Final Evolution and Types. I don't love any of the the first forms, I'll probably end up picking Fennikin unless I see it's Final Form and hate the design, or it is another Fire & Fighting type. I hope it'll be a Fire and Psychic type, that'd be a really neat type combination. If Cheespin has a great Final Form / Type Combination, I'd pick him.

Cyndaquill was my first Pokemon ever. Typhlosion is my favorite starter Pokemon of all the Generations. Dragon is my type, but Fire is up there, definitely in my top five.
    Last edited by The DragonKnight; 18th January 2013 at 7:36 PM.

Hm... For some reason, now you made me picture Froakie's evolution looking similar to Dudley from Street Fighter. Man, that would be cool.

Gen II sucked. It was the worst Gen no matter what anybody says. Now, Gen IV is a very different story...

My first starter was Piplup, and Water-Types are tied for my second favourite type.
    My second starter was Chimchar, now see how that turned out.
    Only time I've ever cried in Pokemon; when Ash took over command of Chimchar in the Tag Team Tournament. That's when I started to love Chimchar & Monferno Lol keep in mind I was 9

Check me out on FanFiction: http://www.fanfiction.net/u/3016020/MonfernoFreak

If you think the Sinnoh saga has been the best saga of the whole show, copy and paste this into your signature! (started by FlameRose)

If you think that it's unfair that Ash finds starters in the wild and we can't, copy and paste this into your siggy! (started by zebbystrika)

Quote Originally Posted by MonfernoFreak View Post
    Gen II sucked. It was the worst Gen no matter what anybody says. Now, Gen IV is a very different story...
    Where is the like button when you need it?

My first starter was Piplup, and Water-Types are tied for my second favourite type.
    You have a good taste for Pokémon, except liking Charizard, but hey, nothing is perfect. The Chimchar's line is lovely.

Gen II has ok starters. Gen IV will turn out better imo.

My "opinion" on previous gen starters (and their evolutionary lines) is:

Gen III > Gen IV > Gen V > Gen I > Gen II.

If we were to include Gen 6, and thus comparing initial stages only, then it's something like:

Gen VI > Gen V > Gen III > Gen IV > Gen I > Gen II

I honestly think the final forms of Generation II are sucky. All the others are good. The first forms are all pretty good-looking, and Gen VI looks very, very good.

Lol. Serebii needs the like button.

You have a good taste for Pokémon, except liking Charizard, but hey, nothing is perfect. The Chimchar's line is lovely.
    Personally, I like Charizard way better than Charmeleon, but that's just my opinion. Charizard probably my second or third fire starter. After Monferno and Infernape of course.

I like your tastes too (Sinnoh FTW!). I'm not a big fan of Samurott, and I agree about the whole thing before when you said he should be standing on two feet. Then he would be boss, like Dewott.
    Only time I've ever cried in Pokemon; when Ash took over command of Chimchar in the Tag Team Tournament. That's when I started to love Chimchar & Monferno Lol keep in mind I was 9

If you think the Sinnoh saga has been the best saga of the whole show, copy and paste this into your signature! (started by FlameRose)

If you think that it's unfair that Ash finds starters in the wild and we can't, copy and paste this into your siggy! (started by zebbystrika)

Let's hope that the majority of the final evos (starter wise) have a second type. Pure type starters tend to have a bland movepool. Examples: Serperior and anything from Gen II

Personally, I like Charizard way better than Charmeleon, but that's just my opinion. Charizard probably my second or third fire starter. After Monferno and Infernape of course.

I like your tastes too (Sinnoh FTW!). I'm not a big fan of Samurott, and I agree about the whole thing before when you said he should be standing on two feet. Then he would be boss, like Dewott.
    I prefer to not discuss my hatred for Charizard, if I do I am certainly I will end up annoying some people :P

But yeah, Sinnoh ♥ This region needs more love. Although I suppose this is the kind of thing that can't be appreciated by everyone.

It is next to the.
    You are a penguin that can't fly button.
    Yeah...Take that...

I prefer to not discuss my hatred for Charizard, if I do I am certainly I will end up annoying some people :P

But yeah, Sinnoh ♥ This region needs more love. Although I suppose this is the kind of thing that can't be appreciated by everyone.
    Yeah. I don't see why Sinnoh has so many haters though, I mean it was the best region for new Pokemon (mostly, althoughed the lack of Fire-Types and Dragon-Types really pissed me off) regarding new Pokemon and evolutions like Gallade, Rhyperior, Electivire etc. It was the best for the anime imo (Dawn lover right here) and probably where Ash had his coolest team (It would've been better if Gible evolved :L).
    But although there are some faults with Sinnoh, it is still where I began my Pokemon Journey and will always have a special place in my heart.

I liked Gen II, it's my third favorite. And although Gen 4 was my least favorite, I still liked it. (played the crap out of my Pearl version.)

But that's neither here nor there.

The influx of Fennekin lovers is making me think that I'm going to end up choosing Chespin, because I'm sure every single one of my friends will choose Fennekin and X version. I'm gonna have to be the odd one out and choose the other versions.
    even if we don't understand each other, that's not a reason to reject each other. There are two sides to any argument. Is there one point of view that has all the answers? Give it some thought.
    ^ This is the reason why I like arguing. If I come off as standoffish or overly angry in an argument, don't worry. I'm probably having the time of my life. Whether I agree with them or not, the pokemon fandom has a lot of different opinions, and I love how nobody is afraid to share them.

Page 206 of 1178 FirstFirst ... 106156196202203204205206207208209210216256306 ... LastLast