View Poll Results: Which starter would you use?

Voters
3150. You may not vote on this poll
  • Chespin

845 26.83%
  • Fennekin

1,329 42.19%
  • Froakie

849 26.95%
  • NONE, Dunsparce looks better

127 4.03%
Page 212 of 1178 FirstFirst ... 112162202208209210211212213214215216222262312 ... LastLast
Results 5,276 to 5,300 of 29437

Thread: Starter Speculation/Discussion Thread

Quote Originally Posted by strikeZone13 View Post
    Hmm so What about Fire/Psychic
    That seems most likely IMO, basing off the fact that it is using a Psychic looking move, while no other fire starters can use damaging Psychic moves besides Cyndaquil with Extrasensory.
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~Shraeder~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    So I herd u liek Mudkipz...So do I!
    FC: 4742-5645-2960
    Friend Safari: Aipom, Audino, and DITTO!

Quote Originally Posted by Shraeder View Post
    Edit: Link
    Finches has a form X and Fincho has a form Y... Mmm...

REALLY want all starters to have dual types by their final evos, the reason why the gen II starters completely failed was because they only have singular typing. grass is generally a terrible attacking type and needs to be paired with something like fighting to have reliable STAB. fire's weak to common types like ground and rock, AND it's weak to stealth rock so you'd need to pair it with fighting or steel/air balloon to reduce the common weaknesses. water's the only type that's good enough the way it is, which is why feraligatr's actually the best out of gen II's starters. Leaning towards fennekin, especially if it ends up fire and psychic because that's quite a useful typing. that STAB combination hits almost every pokemon for neutral damage if not every pokemon. its weaknesses would be ground, dark, water, rock, and ghost, which isn't great at all as it's weak to pursuit, stealth rock, earthquake, stone edge-the most used attacks in competitive battling. but! it's got good resistances to fire, fighting, ice, grass (not useful), psychic (not that useful). i think it's a decent typing overall, hopefully with a good dream world ability (if there is any) and good stats and movepool it'd be OU. i was really impressed with sinnoh's starters, cuz at first both infernape and empoleon had great stats and were OU before empoleon dropped tiers. i hope they put some thought into the designs of the final evolutions this time too.

Quote Originally Posted by Generation Hazard View Post
    REALLY want all starters to have dual types by their final evos, the reason why the gen II starters completely failed was because they only have singular typing. grass is generally a terrible attacking type and needs to be paired with something like fighting to have reliable STAB. fire's weak to common types like ground and rock, AND it's weak to stealth rock so you'd need to pair it with fighting or steel/air balloon to reduce the common weaknesses. water's the only type that's good enough the way it is, which is why feraligatr's actually the best out of gen II's starters. Leaning towards fennekin, especially if it ends up fire and psychic because that's quite a useful typing. that STAB combination hits almost every pokemon for neutral damage if not every pokemon. its weaknesses would be ground, dark, water, rock, and ghost, which isn't great at all as it's weak to pursuit, stealth rock, earthquake, stone edge-the most used attacks in competitive battling. but! it's got good resistances to fire, fighting, ice, grass (not useful), psychic (not that useful). i think it's a decent typing overall, hopefully with a good dream world ability (if there is any) and good stats and movepool it'd be OU. i was really impressed with sinnoh's starters, cuz at first both infernape and empoleon had great stats and were OU before empoleon dropped tiers. i hope they put some thought into the designs of the final evolutions this time too.
    Gen 5 cries at your lack of mention. The poor little pures (im considering emboar pure cause it sucks)
    “Three Rings for the Elven-kings under the sky,
    Seven for the Dwarf-lords in halls of stone,
    Nine for Mortal Men, doomed to die,
    One for the Dark Lord on his dark throne
    In the Land of Mordor where the Shadows lie.
    One Ring to rule them all, One Ring to find them,
    One Ring to bring them all and in the darkness bind them.
    In the Land of Mordor where the Shadows lie.”
    ― J.R.R. Tolkien, The Lord of the Rings

"And through me the Ring will gain an even greater power."
    ― J.R.R. Tolkien, The Fellowship of the Ring

Who's the greater wizard? Gandalf or his creator?

I think Froakie looks so cool like omg its so cute. Im a little sad that hes only a water type but maybe he will get a new type when he evolves?? I dont know but I hope so. I also want Fennekin to get another type maybe dark or psychic.

Gen 5 cries at your lack of mention. The poor little pures (im considering emboar pure cause it sucks)
    You can't consider something pure just because it sucks. A Dual type is a dual type no matter what. Calling Emboar pure because it sucks is like calling Girafarig pure because it sucks.
    And you questioned my sanity. My Anime List

Quote Originally Posted by Excitable Boy View Post
    if Arceus is the Alpha Pokemon

wouldn't Mega Arceus be

the O-Mega Pokemon

Quote Originally Posted by Ke$ha View Post
    I think Froakie looks so cool like omg its so cute. Im a little sad that hes only a water type but maybe he will get a new type when he evolves?? I dont know but I hope so. I also want Fennekin to get another type maybe dark or psychic.
    Finally a girl who likes Froakie, I thought only hipsters liked him.
    *puts on sweet shades*

What would a fire-psychic fox look like anyway?

Name: Puggy
    Adopt one yourself! @Pokémon Orphanage

Spoiler:- Banners!:
        Spoiler:- Banners!:

Quote Originally Posted by Autis-misc View Post
    You can't consider something pure just because it sucks. A Dual type is a dual type no matter what. Calling Emboar pure because it sucks is like calling Girafarig pure because it sucks.
    It was kinda a Joke...

i was really disappointed by gen 5's starters. samurott was just another average pokemon to me, serperior was by far my favorite but it couldn't do anything without its dream world ability and because it had no dual typing, emboar was the most useful out of them but it was so...fat

Emboar was hideous, but i loved serperior's design, and i could tolerate samurott

It's interesting to see the tied popularity between Chespin and Froakie, but Fennekin definitely wins the overall popularity, and rightfully so. Though he's just another typical fire fox design, I happen to love it, just simply because it's not an over-complicated design. Chespin is probably my second favorite, leaving Froakie in last. Not saying Froakie is a bad design, but they could've made a few little tweaks to make him look more decent.
    With all being said, I can say that these are the best starters I have seen since the second generation. Game Freak has done a spectacular job.
    Under Construction

yea, that's exactly what i was thinking. don't get me wrong though, black and white was great. it had a perfect score from famitsu for a really good reason. great little details were improved that you don't notice unless you've played lots of pokemon. i just wish the starters could have been more well thought out.

Quote Originally Posted by BNator92 View Post
    It's interesting to see the tied popularity between Chespin and Froakie, but Fennekin definitely wins the overall popularity, and rightfully so. Though he's just another typical fire fox design, I happen to love it, just simply because it's not an over-complicated design. Chespin is probably my second favorite, leaving Froakie in last. Not saying Froakie is a bad design, but they could've made a few little tweaks to make him look more decent.
    With all being said, I can say that these are the best starters I have seen since the second generation. Game Freak has done a spectacular job.
    Im curious, what tweaks could they have made?

Quote Originally Posted by Charikachu View Post
    What would a fire-psychic fox look like anyway?
    Good question. I can't see Fennekin changing colors when she evolves, but I think a Fire/Psychic type would be bipedal to show that it's advanced and all that good stuff. I keep picturing something that looks like a mix between Ninetales and Alakazam.

Quote Originally Posted by BNator92 View Post
    It's interesting to see the tied popularity between Chespin and Froakie, but Fennekin definitely wins the overall popularity, and rightfully so. Though he's just another typical fire fox design, I happen to love it, just simply because it's not an over-complicated design.
    It's great to see someone who appreciates all that Fennekin has to offer. I applaud this post.

[QUOTE=Ciccone;15605503]Good question. I can't see Fennekin changing colors when she evolves, but I think a Fire/Psychic type would be bipedal to show that it's advanced and all that good stuff. I keep picturing something that looks like a mix between Ninetales and Alakazam.

NO I'm sure most people agree with me that Fennekin should stay quadrupedal

hope fennekin's final evolution is a quadruped but really fast the way terrakion is. i think it's a given her final evolution's going to have great sp. attack for a starter (probably in the 108-120 range) if she's a psychic attack, so she should go the alakazam route and have great speed to go with it. perfect pokemon to abuse attacks like fire blast and overheat.

Quote Originally Posted by Ke$ha View Post
    I think that this generation they really went all out on the starters and its been awhile since I loved the starters as a unison. I mean up until the Hoenn region I had to warm up to Piplup and Turtwig in Sinnoh, in Unova I had to warm up to Tepig and Snivy. And by the way Froakie so looks like a gentlemen type of frog, if it gains a mustache while it evolves I would find that so great!!! Miju ^w^

Quote Originally Posted by Ungoliath View Post
    Still rooting for Froakie here lol xD
    Rooting for Froakie be a Water/Fighting? If so, I am as well.

Quote Originally Posted by Ungoliath View Post
    List of Flying OU: Gliscor, Dragonite, Tornadus, Gyrados, Salamence, Thundurus, Landorus, Skarmory.
    That is funny, people talk so bad about Flying Pokémon, but there are a lot of them in OU. Also, it would be great to have one more starter with Flying as secondary type.

REALLY want all starters to have dual types by their final evos, the reason why the gen II starters completely failed was because they only have singular typing.
    I agree, although I think Generation II starters failed more due to their uninteresting designs, but if Feraligatr had a secondary type I could have liked it regardless of its hideous appearance.
    Last edited by Nyarlathotep; 19th January 2013 at 7:09 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Nyarlathotep View Post

I agree, although I think Generation II starters failed more due to their uninteresting designs, but if Feraligatr had a secondary type I could have liked it regardless of its hideous appearance.
    funny thing is in their first form i think the johto starters have been the best design wise. i dunno what happened when they started evolving. sugimori went too far out of his way in trying to make them elaborate i guess.

Flying is an awesome type, but I think people underestimate some of them because of things like Pidgey.

I hope Froakie gets another type, but I don't really want him to be flying. He should be a NINJA FIGHTING TYPE OF DOOM, mwahahahaha

And Froakie is now finally ahead in the polls, but only just. Can't wait to see how these polls go after the starters evolutions are revealed.

Quote Originally Posted by Nyarlathotep View Post

Personally I liked the designs of the starters (particularly Feraligatr's), the problem I had with them is that they don't really stand out in battle, especially when compared to other pokemon that feel the same role. Fortunately for Feraligatr it does have that shiny new DW ability to look forward to which along with its decent movepool will give it an edge.

Quote Originally Posted by PowerMiner View Post
    Flying is an awesome type, but I think people underestimate some of them because of things like Pidgey.

I hope Froakie gets another type, but I don't really want him to be flying. He should be a NINJA FIGHTING TYPE OF DOOM, mwahahahaha
    I think it depends on how they use it. Water/flying can be great (just ask Gyarados) but if the stat distribution is in the wrong places then they can't shine. Grass/flying is pretty bad as a typing due to common weaknesses to fire, poison and rock and a 4x weakness to ice so it'd have to be a glass cannon to really do anything. Fire/flying does suffers from a 4x rock weakness but if they model the pokemon after something like Volcarona it could be pulled off well.
    Last edited by Taodragon; 19th January 2013 at 9:24 AM.

If only instead of Froakkie we had a Echidna.... Who knows what I'm talking about?

On a serious note, I think that just to be nice, GF will keep Fennekin looking awesome. I mean, last time starters were far ahead of eachother (Snivy and Oshawott>Tepig) in the popularity derpartment, they gave them awesome looking evos! This is what I hope:

1. All three have simple designs and at least one in OU (Go team Fennekin!)
    2. No firefighter! But then again, Froakkie is wanted as a water/fighting, and Chespin is wanted as grass/dark and Fennekin as fire/psy. Unless we get three fighters, knowing trollfreak...
    3. Decent movepools, but mostly for Chespin as the grass starters barely get a good movepool... At least one one decent rock move, I mean it covers most of its weaknesses...

funny thing is in their first form i think the johto starters have been the best design wise. i dunno what happened when they started evolving. sugimori went too far out of his way in trying to make them elaborate i guess.
    In their base forms they are pretty decent, not the best (to me), but I have no complains about their designs.
    IMO regarding base forms: Kanto > Gen VI > Johto > Sinnoh > Unova > Hoenn.

Quote Originally Posted by Taodragon View Post
    I think it depends on how they use it. Water/flying can be great (just ask Gyarados) but if the stat distribution is in the wrong places then they can't shine. Grass/flying is pretty bad as a typing due to common weaknesses to fire, poison and rock and a 4x weakness to ice so it'd have to be a glass cannon to really do anything. Fire/flying does suffers from a 4x rock weakness but if they model the pokemon after something like Volcarona it could be pulled off well.
    I think Water/Flying with the right stat distribution would be the best option for a /Flying starter and I would really like another Water/Flying type that isn't named Gyarados.
    But honestly I feel that Froakie is going to the /Fighting route.

Page 212 of 1178 FirstFirst ... 112162202208209210211212213214215216222262312 ... LastLast