View Poll Results: Which starter would you use?

Voters
3150. You may not vote on this poll
  • Chespin

845 26.83%
  • Fennekin

1,329 42.19%
  • Froakie

849 26.95%
  • NONE, Dunsparce looks better

127 4.03%
Page 213 of 1178 FirstFirst ... 113163203209210211212213214215216217223263313 ... LastLast
Results 5,301 to 5,325 of 29437

Thread: Starter Speculation/Discussion Thread

Quote Originally Posted by Ungoliath View Post
    It's mostly due his low physical defense which is more important than sp.def due its orientation by its typing.
    Nobody would put a fighting Pokemon as a special sweeper because there is too many good Pokemon that can kick their asses quite quickly. Alakazam alone can devours it in seconds since its speed is not outstanding.
    Instead Breloom has a better ATK stat and Technician + Choice Band makes a great selection to have one of the most devastating attacks you can find.

And yes, it's way better than Grass/Dark.
    Still rooting for Froakie here lol xD

List of Flying OU: Gliscor, Dragonite, Tornadus, Gyrados, Salamence, Thundurus, Landorus, Skarmory.
    That list of Flying types is pretty big, so I don't think CP's evo will be able to do it alone. Hopefully another Grass type from 6th gen will be able to reach OU.

I wonder what the starters's abilities are... they've shown types, but not the abilities. SO that either means:

1. They've got conmpletetly new abilities
    2. They want to reveal the hidden abilities
    3. They've got a second ability
    4. GF thinks we'd naturally assume the vergrow/Blaze/Torrent triangle..
    5. I'm an idiot

Take your pick...

Quote Originally Posted by MidnightFennekin View Post
    I wonder what the starters's abilities are... they've shown types, but not the abilities. SO that either means:

5. I'm an idiot

Take your pick...
    I'll go for option 5 I am expecting option 4. Will be surprised if is not

Quote Originally Posted by carboncopy View Post
    I'll go for option 5 I am expecting option 4. Will be surprised if is not
    Thanks, I love being called an idiot :P Anyway, anyone think we'll see the starters owned by random trainers like in sinnoh?

5. I'm an idiot

Take your pick...
    1-my favorite scenario, blaze/torrent/overgrow really doesn't have much use in an environment where people spam using passive damage from sandstorms, life orbs, stealth rock etc. give them new abilities! doubt it'll happen though. :/
    2-i think it's almost a certainty they'll have hidden abilities, so yes this is likely. what sucks about this is that they'll take a long time to release them. i mean serperior STILL doesn't have contrarian.
    3. that'd be strange, imagine a 50-50 chance of getting one ability or another? hm.
    4. again, one of the most probable but definitely not one i'd want.
    Last edited by Generation Hazard; 19th January 2013 at 11:07 AM.

5. I'm an idiot

Take your pick...
    Well, since they didn't show the usual stuff (height, weight...) I assume they only cared about listing the types, even though it was a given.

The abilities will most likely be just Overgrow, Blaze and Torrent.

After the types didn't break the pattern, I wouldn't expect the abilities to.

3DS Friend Code: 3582-9622-5627

Game Freak simply didn't want to reveal what their abilities are, regardless of they being new or the usual Overgrow, Blaze and Torrent.

Quote Originally Posted by Nyarlathotep View Post
    Game Freak simply didn't want to reveal what their abilities are, regardless of they being new or the usual Overgrow, Blaze and Torrent.
    Maybe Pokemon Smash will reveal something tonight..I mean maybe this time someone's told them there'll be a 6th gen.... -.-

Quote Originally Posted by john90 View Post
    Maybe Pokemon Smash will reveal something tonight..I mean maybe this time someone's told them there'll be a 6th gen.... -.-
    Fingers Crossed ! PLzz, I want types of the final evos ( but, not the final evos themselves, dont want too much spoilers )

In how long is Pokémon Smash, again? (they have revealed Silhuettes from time to time, right?<3)
    Is apparantly Dragon Type in the Friend Safari. Neat.

One of these Spoilers has a very Hot Chick hidden. One has Yaoi. And one will eat your Soul. Choose at your own risk~

Spoiler:- Number 1:

Spoiler:- Number 2:

Spoiler:- Number 3:

Quote Originally Posted by MastersOfMonsters View Post
    In how long is Pokémon Smash, again? (they have revealed Silhuettes from time to time, right?<3)
    I think it's too soon for them to reveal something new about 6th gen.. But you know last week they actually revealed nothing!! I mean they didn't even say that there would have been a new gen, so I hope they'll do this time.. Legends, starters and game footage from the trailer at least..What we may discover is starters height/weight and their abilities (I would like to say legends types and abilities but it will not happen, I know).
    P.s. Pokemon smash is tonight at 10:30 pm (I think)
    Last edited by john90; 19th January 2013 at 12:29 PM.

I think it's too soon for them to reveal something new about 6th gen.. But you know last week they actually revealed nothing!! I mean they didn't even say that there would have been a new gen, so I hope they'll do this time.. Legends, starters and game footage from the trailer at least..What we may discover is starters height/weight and their abilities (I would like to say legends types and abilities but it will not happen, I know).
    True... (still want a silhuette...)

Oh! Oh! I know! They will show silhuettes of the starters!

One of these Spoilers has a very Hot Chick hidden. One has Yaoi. And one will eat your Soul. Choose at your own risk~

Pokémon Smash usually only shows the stuff previously revealed on CoroCoro... Let's hope they show something new, even if it just a silhouette of the Munchlax or Zoroark of Generation VI.

Whatever Smash reveals, I'm looking forward to it. Who knows, they might release more info...
    Foxes, foxes everywhere!

Quote Originally Posted by Nyarlathotep View Post

Pokémon Smash usually only shows the stuff previously revealed on CoroCoro... Let's hope they show something new, even if it just a silhouette of the Munchlax or Zoroark of Generation VI.
    Atleast that would give us something to work with.

Om nom watermellon

Fifty million pokedollars says they "reveal" the three starters and act like the entire world hasn't seem em already. Fifty. Million. Pokedollars.
    - Hiatus Notice -

I'm sorry to do this, but I won't be posting in the Serebii Discussion Forums anymore. My account here will remain open for trading/chatting with friends, but please be patient for a reply as my visits here will be fewer.

I've left for the greener pastures of Bulbagarden Forums, where free speech is still allowed and the rules are followed by all, including those who enforce them.

It's been a fun 3 years ~

Quote Originally Posted by SasakiThePikachu View Post
    Fifty million pokedollars says they "reveal" the three starters and act like the entire world hasn't seem em already. Fifty. Million. Pokedollars.
    Don't they always do stuff like that?

Most likely there will be no news whatsoever revealed tonight on pokemon smash because there has not been anything said about it revealing anything. I they were going to reveal something they would want people to know.
    Copy this into your signature if you want to see these guys soon http://bulbapedia.bulbagarden.net/wi...n_with_Oak.png.

Shiny Pokemon I have found: (Both In Pokemon Fire Red) (Yes I found 2, with-in 30 mins of each other as well)

Quote Originally Posted by pokemonbw View Post
    Most likely there will be no news whatsoever revealed tonight on pokemon smash because there has not been anything said about it revealing anything. I they were going to reveal something they would want people to know.
    That's a good point, but they can actually keep this secret if it's a good new, like to catch easily the attention. They can also say it in the start of the show, too.
    « Be the leaf... »

my deviantArt page
    my tumblr page

Quote Originally Posted by Charikachu View Post
    What would a fire-psychic fox look like anyway?
    like espeon with a fire tail or fire in it's ears
    Fennekin Forever!!!!!

White
    FC : 1120 2645 4574

[IMG] [/IMG]

Quote Originally Posted by willda View Post
    like espeon with a fire tail or fire in it's ears
    Charizard: Flaming Tail.
    Typhlosion: Flaming "Back".
    Blaziken: Flaming wrists.
    Infernape: Flaming head.
    Emboar: Flaming beard.
    Fire Fox: Flaming ears.

That could work quite well, actually.

Quote Originally Posted by KingMinun View Post
    I don't see why not? Not everyone evolves pokemon, so they can go ahead and choose which starter they want now. I did that with 4th gen, when I found out about Turtwig I liked it so much I chose it right away and decided at that very point I wasn't evolving it.
    I've done that before once with my wartortle because I loved that evolution so much

White2 Friend code: 0519-7592-3571
    X Friend code: 0216-1851-5361
    My safari: FIRE, slugma,growlith,ninetales

So I've seen that image of seemingly "leaked" Pokemon names floating around. One of Fennekin's evos might be named "Fernox".
    Could be a hint at a Fire/Poison typing, as "nox" could very well be a shortened "noxious" gas.
    Check out my band's new EP! ... And like us on Facebook while you're at it!
    [IMG]http://oi49.*******.com/21mzpmr.jpg[/IMG]
    Hat by wolfy.

Quote Originally Posted by YellowHat's Revenge View Post
    So I've seen that image of seemingly "leaked" Pokemon names floating around. One of Fennekin's evos might be named "Fernox".
    Could be a hint at a Fire/Poison typing, as "nox" could very well be a shortened "noxious" gas.
    where is this image i must see it can u post a link please

Or it's Inferno + Fox. Which is more likely that "noxious gas". But, Fire/Poison would be a cool type combo, especially for a starter.

Quote Originally Posted by Ghirahim
    You have awoken an anguish that will burn for eons...

Page 213 of 1178 FirstFirst ... 113163203209210211212213214215216217223263313 ... LastLast