View Poll Results: Which starter would you use?

Voters
3150. You may not vote on this poll
  • Chespin

845 26.83%
  • Fennekin

1,329 42.19%
  • Froakie

849 26.95%
  • NONE, Dunsparce looks better

127 4.03%
Page 218 of 1178 FirstFirst ... 118168208214215216217218219220221222228268318 ... LastLast
Results 5,426 to 5,450 of 29437

Thread: Starter Speculation/Discussion Thread

I think Froakie will end up kind of like Infernape since Chimchar and Froakie have similar body shapes. Fennekin might be like Charizard but with lower Defenses. Lastly, I think Chespin will become like Torterra but slightly faster.

^^I think it's on right now.
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~Shraeder~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    So I herd u liek Mudkipz...So do I!
    FC: 4742-5645-2960
    Friend Safari: Aipom, Audino, and DITTO!

Quote Originally Posted by MastersOfMonsters View Post
    What? But it's so awesome-looking! D: Your opinion is wrong...

Ahem. ^^ Did Pokémon Smash/Sunday show anything? Or, has it not been yet? I forgot what time...
    I think that's the worst thing you could say.. Opinions are not right or wrong, are opinions.. -.-
    Pokemon smash airs in 10mins, but they usually say nothing until half of the show..

It's a fanart - it doesn't even look like Sugimori. Froakie's sure is awesome though Fennekin's...neh. Looks too much like Delcatty to me.
    - Hiatus Notice -

I'm sorry to do this, but I won't be posting in the Serebii Discussion Forums anymore. My account here will remain open for trading/chatting with friends, but please be patient for a reply as my visits here will be fewer.

I've left for the greener pastures of Bulbagarden Forums, where free speech is still allowed and the rules are followed by all, including those who enforce them.

It's been a fun 3 years ~

Quote Originally Posted by Shraeder View Post
    I think Froakie will end up kind of like Infernape since Chimchar and Froakie have similar body shapes. Fennekin might be like Charizard but with lower Defenses. Lastly, I think Chespin will become like Torterra but slightly faster.

^^I think it's on right now.
    What exactly of fennekin makes you think about charizard line?

Ahem. ^^ Did Pokémon Smash/Sunday show anything? Or, has it not been yet? I forgot what time...
    it starts in like 10 min but if something is revealed it would be till the end so in an hour or so

Out of those three fanarts, Chespin's evolution looks the best. I could see the final evolution looking similar to it.
    3DS FC: 1762-3779-2632
    I have claimed Empoleon, Rosalina, and Super Mario Galaxy!
    Pokégyms

Currently Looking For:
    any meowth/persian

Out of those 3 Chespin's evo is the only one I like. The other two are so ugly.
    Hoenn was the best region copy and paste this if you agree (started by BATTLEFRONTIERASH)

@john90
    I know very well what an opinion is and that it can't be wrong, that was a joke... -3-

@pachi-boy/john90
    Thank you for that. Then, may I ask, is there somewhere I can watch it live, maybe? I have nothing to do until I go to sleep now, and I feel like watching it. ^^"
    Is apparantly Dragon Type in the Friend Safari. Neat.

One of these Spoilers has a very Hot Chick hidden. One has Yaoi. And one will eat your Soul. Choose at your own risk~

Spoiler:- Number 1:

Spoiler:- Number 2:

Spoiler:- Number 3:

But... It looks weird. That ninja-sque fake evolution is way better.
    Also, Chespin's reminds me too much of Typhlosion for some reason o.o

These still are my favorites: Froakie, Chespin and Fennekin

Quote Originally Posted by john90 View Post
    What exactly of fennekin makes you think about charizard line?
    It think he meant having good offensives and speed but just having lower defenses. I think the same.

Agreed, especially with the Froakie/Infernape thing, I thought I was the only one to notice the body similarities between Froakie and Chimchar.

Quote Originally Posted by Demon Kitsune Yoko Kurama View Post
    It think he meant having good offensives and speed but just having lower defenses. I think the same.
    Oh..XD I thought physical similarities like with chimchar/froakie..

I think Fennekin will be a defensive/speed pokemon..I mean we have never had a defensive fire starter and actually fennekin looks different from the others (something like meganium for the grass starters), but we have to see its evolutions first..
    By the way Smash started..No mention to 6th gen, probably there will be nothing like last week..

Yup. Great special attack, nice Speed, decent attack, and low defenses. I posted stat predictions a while back.

Quote Originally Posted by Nyarlathotep View Post

Agreed, especially with the Froakie/Infernape thing, I thought I was the only one to notice the body similarities between Froakie and Chimchar.
    I thought I was the only one too XD

I posted this before..

Grass
    1) Venusaur --> Sp. Att./Sp. Def.
    2) Meganium --> Def./Sp. Def
    3) Sceptile --> Sp. Att./Speed
    4) Torterra --> Att./Def.
    5) Serperior --> Def./Sp. Def./ Speed
    Total: Att. x1; Def. x3; Sp. Att. x2; Sp. Def. x3; Speed x2 (None for HP actually)
    6) Chespin --> It would quite sure be an attack, I would say Att./ Sp. Att, cause it's never happened for a grass starter, or maybe HP/Attack.

Fire
    1) Charizard --> Sp. Att./ Speed
    2) Typhlosion --> Sp. Att./ Speed
    3) Blaziken --> Att./ Sp. Att.
    4) Infernape --> Att./ Sp. Att.
    5) Emboar --> (HP)/ Att./Sp. Att.
    Total: Att. x3; Def. x0; Sp. Att. x5; Sp. Def. x0; Speed x2; HP x1
    6) Fennekin --> Now, I mean, a Def./Sp. Def. fire starter could come after 16 years.. But if they continue with tradition (I mean, just to find a sort of sad originality) then I would say Att./Speed (or Sp. Att./Sp. Def if it becomes Psychic type).

Water
    1) Blastoise --> Def./Sp. Def.
    2) Feraligatr --> Att./ Def.
    3) Swampert --> Hp/ Att. (I could count all except speed here, Def. and Sp. Def if we don't count Hp .. Really good stats)
    4) Empoleon --> Sp. Att./ Sp. Def.
    5) Samurott --> Att./Sp. Att.
    Total: Att. x3; Def. x2; Sp. Att. x2; Sp. Def. x2; Speed x0; HP x1
    6) Froakie: --> Definitively we need a fast water starter.. I would say Speed/ Sp. Attack (counting swampert Def./Sp. Def. were high too) or Speed/Def/Sp. Def.

Obviously it's just speculation.. Looking at all the fire/fighting Att./ Sp. Att starters we can clearly deduce they always do what they want..

I love how much fanart is rolling around about those starters. But I'm pretty sure none of them until now got it right. I mean, did anyone predict Samurott? I sure didn't! but I think Fennekin will end up looking "elegant", and Froakie will end up being an elder frog. Still can't make anything out of Chespin though...
    Farmer, monster slayer, adventurer...

And womanizer, of course!

Quote Originally Posted by Nyarlathotep View Post

But... It looks weird. That ninja-sque fake evolution is way better.
    Also, Chespin's reminds me too much of Typhlosion for some reason o.o

These still are my favorites: Froakie, Chespin and Fennekin
    Exactly what I truly like !
    It makes me think about which one I'll finally choose even if I firstly like Fennekin.
    Also, this is the only Fanart where Froakie seems to be... nice, at is last evo.
    Oh my Feebas !
    Newest Shiny !

Spoiler:- My Hunts and Shinies:

Quote Originally Posted by Raguna View Post
    I love how much fanart is rolling around about those starters. But I'm pretty sure none of them until now got it right. I mean, did anyone predict Samurott? I sure didn't!
    You're right. No one predicted right the Sinnoh and Unova starters and the same is going to happen with this new bunch.

Quote Originally Posted by Sealotic View Post
    Exactly what I truly like !
    It makes me think about which one I'll finally choose even if I firstly like Fennekin.
    Also, this is the only Fanart where Froakie seems to be... nice, at is last evo.
    Yay, another appreciator for these awesome fanarts.
    I would be in doubt about Chespin or Froakie if these evolutions weren't fake.

Btw, that is a cute signature you have.

Guys Junichi Masuda will be on Pokemon smash!! Probably nothing new..But I like when that man is on Smash..

Lower Defenses than Dusknoir though, but higher HP and speed.

HP: 90
    Atk: 100
    Def: 100
    Sp. Atk: 65
    Sp. Def: 100
    Speed: 65

All my stats are equalling 520 XD

That's what I think it'll be. For Froakie:

HP:80
    Atk:100/90
    Def:70
    Sp. Atk:80/90
    Sp. Def:70
    Speed:120

I think Froakie will either be a speedy attacker or a speedy mixed attacker.

Edit: Guess I'll do Fennekin too:

HP: 70
    Atk: 75
    Def: 65
    Sp. Atk: 120
    Sp. Def: 90
    Speed: 100

Thought I'd just keep them all at 520 so they're even.
    My stat predictions. I tried to use general numbers and not numbers like 123 or 76.
    Last edited by Shraeder; 19th January 2013 at 11:58 PM.

Watching Smash stream at the mo. They've mentioned Y and X so we know we'll get some news, even if it's just what we know (this is VERY likely). Hey, I can dream we'll get starter evolution silhouettes.

Slightly more interesting though, Pokemon.com is down. At the same time that Smash airs. Coincidence, or potentially an update in progress?
    - Hiatus Notice -

I'm sorry to do this, but I won't be posting in the Serebii Discussion Forums anymore. My account here will remain open for trading/chatting with friends, but please be patient for a reply as my visits here will be fewer.

I've left for the greener pastures of Bulbagarden Forums, where free speech is still allowed and the rules are followed by all, including those who enforce them.

It's been a fun 3 years ~

Quote Originally Posted by SasakiThePikachu View Post
    Watching Smash stream at the mo. They've mentioned Y and X so we know we'll get some news, even if it's just what we know (this is VERY likely). Hey, I can dream we'll get starter evolution silhouettes.

Slightly more interesting though, Pokemon.com is down. At the same time that Smash airs. Coincidence, or potentially an update in progress?
    Concidence. For sure..

Could you kindly give me a link so that I can see it to? If possible? <3
    Is apparantly Dragon Type in the Friend Safari. Neat.

One of these Spoilers has a very Hot Chick hidden. One has Yaoi. And one will eat your Soul. Choose at your own risk~

Spoiler:- Number 1:

Spoiler:- Number 2:

Spoiler:- Number 3:

Can you link the stream?
    [IMG]http://i46.*******.com/205fssg.png[/IMG]

There's no such thing as coincidence - Leroy Jethro Gibbs

Page 218 of 1178 FirstFirst ... 118168208214215216217218219220221222228268318 ... LastLast