View Poll Results: Which starter would you use?

Voters
3150. You may not vote on this poll
  • Chespin

845 26.83%
  • Fennekin

1,329 42.19%
  • Froakie

849 26.95%
  • NONE, Dunsparce looks better

127 4.03%
Page 226 of 1178 FirstFirst ... 126176216222223224225226227228229230236276326 ... LastLast
Results 5,626 to 5,650 of 29437

Thread: Starter Speculation/Discussion Thread

There is such a divergence on Fennekin's evolutions, so much fan art 0_o
    Chespin's evolutions look all the same.
    And Froakie is almost always portrayed as a big fat toad, except for a few exceptions. I hope he stays sleek...
    “Three Rings for the Elven-kings under the sky,
    Seven for the Dwarf-lords in halls of stone,
    Nine for Mortal Men, doomed to die,
    One for the Dark Lord on his dark throne
    In the Land of Mordor where the Shadows lie.
    One Ring to rule them all, One Ring to find them,
    One Ring to bring them all and in the darkness bind them.
    In the Land of Mordor where the Shadows lie.”
    ― J.R.R. Tolkien, The Lord of the Rings

"And through me the Ring will gain an even greater power."
    ― J.R.R. Tolkien, The Fellowship of the Ring

Who's the greater wizard? Gandalf or his creator?

Quote Originally Posted by strikeZone13 View Post
    And Froakie is almost always portrayed as a big fat toad, except for a few exceptions. I hope he stays sleek...
    Me too, kind of like Swampert.
    3DS FC: 1762-3779-2632
    I have claimed Empoleon, Rosalina, and Super Mario Galaxy!
    Pokégyms

i think chespins the coolest but it doesnt matter because i end up tradeing for all of them ^_^

Quote Originally Posted by Demon Kitsune Yoko Kurama View Post
    When you put it out that way, you're right. It seems most people went only after Fire/Fighting Starters, but they never thought about the other types. Well, they didn't mention it or anything.
    I think the reason for that is mainly because people have a tendency to gravitate towards the fire type more so they tend to be more concerned with what the fire type is...

gen1, charizard is obviously the most popular starter followed by blastoise and then venusaur was kind of just there...all three had their fans but charizard definitely had the most and it was definitely my fave....

gen 2, typhlosion (my fave) was again most popular followed by feraligatr and then meganium who was quite unpopular...

gen 3, blaziken was hyped but I'm unsure if it really was the most popular, but it definitely was popular...my favorite is sceptile but he seemed to be the least popular as with all the other grass types...

gen 4, this one I'm not sure but all three seemed to have gotten similar popularity (empoleon's my fave)...

gen 5, this is where the rage set in...none of the final forms were initially popular despite the warm welcome for the first stage pokes (snivy and tepig at least)...serp has no legs, samurott went quadriped, and emboar became fat and bipedal...people just weren't happy with the final forms...personally, I LOVED snivy and serperior is currently my favorite pokemon, but I can understand...emboar just wasn't appealing, the fact that he is fire/ fighting again only made it worse...

another thing is that it was kind of done blatantly in a row...

sceptile, serp and meganium may have both been pure grass but they weren't pure grass in a row and they looked blatantly different, biped, no legs, quadriped...

blastoise, samurott, and feraligater were the same deal...they differed so much from each other that it was okay...also, they didn't occur in a row either

as for blaziken, infernape, and emboar, not only did they occur in a row but they were all bipedal fighter-shaped pokemon...they were just a little too similar that made people mad...

again, these are just my opinions from my observations...
    Draconic Pokemon are King: My Deviant: http://xxd17.deviantart.com

Future Alpha Sapphire Team:

Quote Originally Posted by strikeZone13 View Post
    There is such a divergence on Fennekin's evolutions, so much fan art 0_o
    Chespin's evolutions look all the same.
    I agree with you on Froakie. I personally think it will be a slim speed demon.
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~Shraeder~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    So I herd u liek Mudkipz...So do I!
    FC: 4742-5645-2960
    Friend Safari: Aipom, Audino, and DITTO!

Quote Originally Posted by Shraeder View Post
    I agree with you on Froakie. I personally think it will be a slim speed demon.
    I hope so too...kinda like Toxicroak...except that Toxicroak isn't that fast or powerful...it's quite pitiful actually,even ingame.

At this rate I see Chespin being the defesive one,Fennekin the offensive one and Froakie the speedy one.

Quote Originally Posted by Malcolm Belmont View Post
    Hmm..what if the Fennekin evolved into Fire/Electric? That would be freaking awesome but i doubt it will happen..still i would like to see a new Fire/Electric Pokemon..
    i kinda like the idea of fire/electric since we actually dont have that type (i dont accept the rotom types to be honest) but even that doesnt help fire weakness against water also giving 4x against ground. so unless we get levitate or any other ground nullifying ability which is unlikely, maybe except as a hidden ability, will have more problems. Magnet rise can only help so much. The only plus of electric on a fire type would be the chance to have the 1st attack as most ele types are fast and that might help but water types are in turn bulky enough to withstand most attacks so.... but in the triangle sense it works pretty good for starter to have electric as 2. type.

fire's water weakness can only go away with grass, water and dragon and in a starter poke these types are close to impossible. Maybe we might get them in gen 10 idk. So in the mean time i think we have more chance of getting a fire/water(grass) as a wild poke rather than starter. Dragon might just be legend or pseudo thou; unless we have another axew line like dragon family.

Quote Originally Posted by Nacreous View Post
    I hope so too...kinda like Toxicroak...except that Toxicroak isn't that fast or powerful...it's quite pitiful actually,even ingame.
    Yeah, I want it to be a "speed demon" too... but not as ugly as Toxicroak, please. xD

Yeha i have to agree ay, judging by its body type and or the way it loooks. i recon its gonna be rather speedy myself ay.
    Fenekins gonna have some awesome evolution's as well ay.
    Bug-Type Represent !
    I am the Big Bad moth, if you want some, come get some..

If the Gen 6 starters are going to have dual typing when they evolve, hopefully they'll have signature move and the signature move is of their secondary type, rather than their primary type.

We have enough Fire/Grass/Water starter signature move, thank you.

And please don't make more Hyper Beam clones as signature moves, they're terrible moves.

Quote Originally Posted by TheEliteEmpoleon View Post
    Me too, kind of like Swampert.
    Swampert is not sleek at all XD

Quote Originally Posted by XXD17 View Post
    gen1, charizard is obviously the most popular starter followed by blastoise and then venusaur was kind of just there...all three had their fans but charizard definitely had the most and it was definitely my fave....
    I think the reason why Charizard is so popular at that time is because appearance-wise, it's basically a fire dragon, which kids always view as something really cool.
    Kids doesn't care about its 4x weakness to Rock, they might not even know that, they only know it looks really cool. I know I was like that back then XD

gen 2, typhlosion (my fave) was again most popular followed by feraligatr and then meganium who was quite unpopular...
    I don't know why Typhlosion is popular, but I think Meganium is not popular because of three things:
    - its horrible movepool
    - it is supposed to be a bulky supporter, yet the players are expecting it to be able to sweep
    - the first two Gyms in Johto are killing it. Seriously, Flying and Bug?
    Venusaur is also a bulky supporter, but at least it has a good enough movepool to become something like a sweeper, while Meganium's movepool is just plain bad.

gen 3, blaziken was hyped but I'm unsure if it really was the most popular, but it definitely was popular...my favorite is sceptile but he seemed to be the least popular as with all the other grass types...
    I think both Sceptile and Blaziken are popular, it was Swampert that is rarely mentioned.
    Probably because of its 4x Grass weakness, and the fact that at that time Water is still a fully Special type yet just like Feraligatr, Swampert is built to be a physical attacker.

My shinies. Just click the links~

~Shiny Banner 1~
    ~Shiny Banner 2~
    ~Shiny Banner 3~

My shinies are not for trade or cloning.
    Shinies are not listed in order, for example the last shiny on the banner is not always the latest shiny I've obtained.
    Banner 1 made by Light Venusaur, thanks ^_^

IMO the main reason for Meganium's lack of popularity is because it is the first starter that looks very feminine.
    Also, it is a Grass-type starter, they are never very popular, besides maybe Sceptile and Serperior to some extent.

That, besides the facts mentioned by Shine, especially being a bulky supporter instead of a killing machine.

I am kinda impressed with Fennekin's popularity, I don't know about you guys, but it looks feminine to me and I can see it being a "Fire-type version" of Chikorita.

Quote Originally Posted by Nyarlathotep View Post
    IMO the main reason for Meganium's lack of popularity is because it is the first starter that looks very feminine.
    Also, it is a Grass-type starter, they are never very popular, besides maybe Sceptile and Serperior to some extent.

That, besides the facts mentioned by Shine, especially being a bulky supporter instead of a killing machine.

I am kinda impressed with Fennekin's popularity, I don't know about you guys, but it looks feminine to me and I can see it being a "Fire-type version" of Chikorita.
    What is the matter with this ? You can always take it as a male. People are taking the gender that they want with the starters, right ? I'm not the only one, please ?
    Bulbasaur and Chimchar looks masculine, too. But if I was going to choose them, it will be two female. Why ? Because I like the way it is. It's same for Chikorita. Meganium is not that feminine, if you want my opinion. You can choose a male Chikorita, if you want it. I think it makes starters more different. Look at all those starters that you would pick as male. Why would only one or two feminine starters bother people ?

Quote Originally Posted by Shine View Post
    I think both Sceptile and Blaziken are popular, it was Swampert that is rarely mentioned.
    Probably because of its 4x Grass weakness, and the fact that at that time Water is still a fully Special type yet just like Feraligatr, Swampert is built to be a physical attacker.
    Swampert ? I think Swampert was maybe tie with Blaziken, or even more popular than him. A lot of people loved that starter.
    Last edited by The Prince of May; 21st January 2013 at 1:17 PM.
    Water 水 - Earth 土 - Fire 火 - Air 气 - Spirits 神靈 - Change 易 - Balance 平衡
    « Be the leaf... »

my deviantArt account

it was Swampert that is rarely mentioned.
    Man, Swampert is the strongest starter of all time. Yeah it has a x4 against grass, but it's its only weakness. It is also the only starter with an amount of 535 stat points, with great stats (except for speed, cause no water starters is fast -.-) and has huge moveset (I mean Earthquake, Hammer Arm, Blizzard, Sludge Wave, Focus Blast, Stone Edge, Aqua tail, Earth Power, Iron Tail, Outrage, SuperPower, HydroPump, DynamicPunch, Mega Kick) . Who said it is rarely mentioned?
    Last edited by john90; 21st January 2013 at 1:20 PM.

Personally it'd be cool if froakie sprouted wings. I can see fennekin possibly being like a ninetales except with psychic type, and chespin being something completely unexpected.
    Foxes, foxes everywhere!

It looks feminine to me as well. Definitely going to be SR-ing for a female one, hopefully I'll get one with a good Nature

I got lucky in Black when I SR for a female Snivy and got one with Adamant Nature.

Quote Originally Posted by Papousse View Post
    Why would only one or two feminine starters bother people ?
    I think it's because most of the kid players are boys. They want something cool, not something cute and beautiful. And it doesn't help that Chikorita line sucks badly in Gen 2.

But I'm like you for starters that doesn't look feminine, I always like to try getting a female one.
    Except that, unlike you, for starters that do look feminine, I much prefer them to be female.

Quote Originally Posted by john90 View Post
    Man, Swampert is the strongest starter of all time. Yeah it has a x4 against grass, but it's its only weakness. It is also the only starter with an amount of 535 stat points, with great stats (except for speed, cause no water starters is fast -.-) and has huge moveset. Who said it is rarely mentioned?
    ....maybe it's just me, then
    I don't know, i feels like it is rarely mentioned. Maybe it's just that most of the time I wasn't there when it is mentioned.

My shinies. Just click the links~

~Shiny Banner 1~
    ~Shiny Banner 2~
    ~Shiny Banner 3~

My shinies are not for trade or cloning.
    Shinies are not listed in order, for example the last shiny on the banner is not always the latest shiny I've obtained.
    Banner 1 made by Light Venusaur, thanks ^_^

I think it's because most of the kid players are boys. They want something cool, not something cute and beautiful.

But I'm like you for starters that doesn't look feminine, I always like to try getting a female one.
    Except that, unlike you, for starters that do look feminine, I much prefer them to be female.
    I'm a boy and I tooked a female Chikorita. I take the example of the male Chikorita to show what you can choose. So yes, I'm like you.
    Water 水 - Earth 土 - Fire 火 - Air 气 - Spirits 神靈 - Change 易 - Balance 平衡
    « Be the leaf... »

my deviantArt account

I freaking love Grass starteres..expect from Gen 5 and Gen 2..i have always used a Grass starter first..i think Fennekin is easily going to be the most popular

Fennekin is popular just because of its look. Juste look at its eyes : there is much more work done here. Manga eyes for Fennekin compare to two black holes white a white circle for the other two. oreover, it's feminin and even if I'm a guy, Fennekin stays my favorite ! ^_^
    Oh my Feebas !
    Newest Shiny !

Spoiler:- My Hunts and Shinies:

Quote Originally Posted by Sealotic View Post
    Fennekin is popular just because of its look. Juste look at its eyes : there is much more work done here. Manga eyes for Fennekin compare to two black holes white a white circle for the other two. oreover, it's feminin and even if I'm a guy, Fennekin stays my favorite ! ^_^
    Well yes. So far we only have a glimpse of its design and origin and not any details of stats, abilities, etc.

It looks feminine to me as well. Definitely going to be SR-ing for a female one, hopefully I'll get one with a good Nature
    If I ever take a Fennekin, it will be a female one as well, but then again, all my starters were female (Gen II onwards, of course), regardless of their appearances.

Quote Originally Posted by Malcolm Belmont View Post
    I freaking love Grass starteres..expect from Gen 5 and Gen 2..i have always used a Grass starter first..i think Fennekin is easily going to be the most popular
    I do love them too. My first starter was Bulbasaur in my late Blue cartridge. :] My first choices in Sinnoh and Unova were the grass starters as well.
    But it is undeniable that they are usually the least popular in their respective starter trios.

I think fennekin will probably be a fire psychic. If you look in the trailer fennekin uses confusion or psychic on a kirlia. My guess is that fennekin will end up a mystic fox type things, but I don't understand y people like it so much it has a lot of hair growing out of its ears. Though as long as it gets a cool evolution with less ear hair it should be fine. But for now I am with Froakie just because I chose the water starter in every game.
    Be cool bro, like a krokorok
    Aura is within all of us
    [IMG]http://i45.*******.com/2cmmah4.png[/IMG]

Credit goes to shinypokemonhunter from woopers wooptastic shop. Thanks to ipokemon from clear water art shop

I still say Fennekin's huge head makes it look awkward and ridiculous. People say it looks graceful but try carrying your whole body weight on your ears alone and see just how graceful you really are. :P

Quote Originally Posted by auraguardian123 View Post
    but I don't understand y people like it so much it has a lot of hair growing out of its ears.
    - It looks cute (arguably, IMO it isn't that cute).
    - It is a dog-like thing, most people love dog-like things.
    - It is a Fire-type starter
    - People think it will evolve into a Fire/Psychic Pokémon. Psychic is a popular type and they like the idea of a Fire-type starter not evolving into a Fire/Fighting.

I personally like both Froakie and Chespin more, but I can see why Fennekin is the most popular. It is like Generation I, a weird dinosaur and a turtle would never be as popular as a dragon.

Quote Originally Posted by Icon Zeph View Post
    I still say Fennekin's huge head makes it look awkward and ridiculous. People say it looks graceful but try carrying your whole body weight on your ears alone and see just how graceful you really are. :P
    It's more of an opinion thing. It reflects more on the persons personal choice than the actual Pokemon designs.
    I'm going with Chespin, coz I want to be a hipster

Has it been mentioned previously that Chespin is the first non-reptilian Grass starter?

This is groundbreaking stuff.
    Check out my band's new EP! ... And like us on Facebook while you're at it!
    [IMG]http://oi49.*******.com/21mzpmr.jpg[/IMG]
    Hat by wolfy.

Page 226 of 1178 FirstFirst ... 126176216222223224225226227228229230236276326 ... LastLast