View Poll Results: Which starter would you use?

Voters
3150. You may not vote on this poll
  • Chespin

    845 26.83%
  • Fennekin

    1,329 42.19%
  • Froakie

    849 26.95%
  • NONE, Dunsparce looks better

    127 4.03%
Page 253 of 1178 FirstFirst ... 153203243249250251252253254255256257263303353 ... LastLast
Results 6,301 to 6,325 of 29437

Thread: Starter Speculation/Discussion Thread

  1. #6301
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    Deep, Deep, Desert
    Posts
    995

    Default

    In all honesty, as tiresome as fire/fighting is, it would honestly be nice that instead of being physically suited, it was more of a focused Special Attacker. If that *did* by chance happen, I'd be the first to rush over from Chespin to Fennekin.

    Love seeing all the fan-art that's being shared as well. ;D
    Makes me even more excited in the hopes of a nice double-triangle with the starters.

    Actually, anything outside of pure would be nice, especially for Chespin. :B
    Last edited by Rio!; 27th January 2013 at 2:12 AM.

  2. #6302
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    In the sky with diamonds
    Posts
    1,529

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Generation Hazard View Post
    i agree wholeheartedly! last generation i didn't follow anything after the announcement of the starters for a few months, thinking they'd release info right before the games were out. well, i was right, but i ended up waiting so long i forgot about the release date of the japanese games and missed everything. -___- 4th gen i also missed everything in its entirety. this year, however, i'm completely determined to follow the development of the new games and everything they reveal about them every step of the way, and that includes paying attention to pokemon smash broadcasts.
    Here here! It's a lot of fun to participate with fellow fans in all the speculation and hype leading up to a new release, and yes, that includes the inevitable building up of hope/realisation that you've just been trolled/disappointment following each crazy episode of Smash, as well as mashing F5 waiting for CoroCoro to leak. It's all just part of the experience, and I wouldn't miss it for the world.

    Speaking as someone who, until gen 5, pretty much didn't hear about the new pokemon games until they were on the shelves of my new local supermarket, I'm so, SO glad I jumped on the bandwagon last time and watched the progression from announcement, to Japanese release, to localisation. I feel like I was lucky enough to catch one last glimpse of the old era, becuase the worldwide release is probably going to apply to all main games from now on - and don't get me wrong it is frikkin GREAT that we're all gonna get these games at the same time, but on the other hand I feel a little sadness that there won't be any of the old-fashioned watching the Japanese get it first, deciding ages in advance what pokemon to catch, planning the team and knowing every gym leader...

    So since we're being deprived of that extra time we'd usually get to speculate english names etc, it's even more important to jump in with both feet while you still can, and enjoy

    On topic, I know the psychic-dark-fight triangle seems attractive, but is it really in the interests of balance (which is essentially what the starters are all about) to have the psychic starter ultimately unable to attack the dark? Not very effective is one thing, not at all effective is quite another.
    - Hiatus Notice -

    I'm sorry to do this, but I won't be posting in the Serebii Discussion Forums anymore. My account here will remain open for trading/chatting with friends, but please be patient for a reply as my visits here will be fewer.

    I've left for the greener pastures of Bulbagarden Forums, where free speech is still allowed and the rules are followed by all, including those who enforce them.

    It's been a fun 3 years ~

  3. #6303
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Location
    Somewhere in Brazil
    Posts
    4,071

    Default

    Bringing this here since the thread was closed and it's pertinent to this one.

    Quote Originally Posted by blaze boy View Post
    There's no different between a starter pokémon and a your common garden pokémon. The fact that you start with them doesn't mean that they should be special since there sole purpose is give you a way to catch pokémon.

    The fact that you said point was invalid, when it isn't, clearly demonstrate the fuss only exist because we have this silly notion that the starter are special and even then you contradicted yourself since you hate on the fire/fighting but give pure water and grass starter a free pass.
    I don't know whether you're pretending you don't know this franchise, playing silly or you simply don't know much about Pokémon. It was stated multiple times by the staff, Sugimori himself included, that the starter Pokémon are special, they're important and the designers put special effort into creating them because they're meant to be Pokémon the players will want to keep throughout the whole journey.

    Maybe you don't have any soft spot for them, but they are created to be special and that's a fact.

    And by the way, don't talk like you can read minds: I don't hate the Fire/Fighting starters at all. I have said this, and I have said I really like the combination: the problem is how many times we're getting it in a row, while the other types don't suffer a similar problem.
    3DS Friend Code: 3582-9622-5627

    "Oh, and here is my grandson. …Erm, what was his name now?"

  4. #6304
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Posts
    233

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Rio! View Post
    In all honesty, as tiresome as fire/fighting is, it would honestly be nice that instead of being physically suited, it was more of a focused Special Attacker. If that *did* by chance happen, I'd be the first to rush over from Chespin to Fennekin.

    Love seeing all the fan-art that's being shared as well. ;D
    Makes me even more excited in the hopes of a nice double-triangle with the starters.

    Actually, anything outside of pure would be nice, especially for Chespin. :B
    Either way, I would use all the starters somehow, but Fennekin won't be my first pick I'd it's fire/fighting unless its design is good. I agree with the duo-types and I hope this gen they do it for all of them. Fennekin's evolution could be Pyschic or fighting, Froakie could have poison, fighting, or ice, and Cheapin could have dark or ground. This generation seems to be the most diverse with the possibilities of type combos than any other gen IMO.
    White FC: 026097666713

    Black 2 FC:219464649535

    Pokemon X FC: 1435 4420 0503


  5. #6305

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Ver-mont View Post
    the problem is how many times we're getting it in a row, while the other types don't suffer a similar problem.
    I disagree with this part. The grass and water starters do suffer a similar problem, they have both had 3 pure types. No they aren't the last three of those starters, but it is a similar problem. This is why I'm hoping both Chespin and Froakie get a secondary type and Fennekin stays pure.

  6. #6306
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Location
    Somewhere in Brazil
    Posts
    4,071

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by silicon View Post
    I disagree with this part. The grass and water starters do suffer a similar problem, they have both had 3 pure types. No they aren't the last three of those starters, but it is a similar problem. This is why I'm hoping both Chespin and Froakie get a secondary type and Fennekin stays pure.
    It's a smaller problem, to be fair; they both got a fresh combination in Gen IV, when Fire did not, and didn't repeat the typing from the very previous Generation in Gen V like Fire did.
    3DS Friend Code: 3582-9622-5627

    "Oh, and here is my grandson. …Erm, what was his name now?"

  7. #6307
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    Deep, Deep, Desert
    Posts
    995

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Machomacho View Post
    Either way, I would use all the starters somehow, but Fennekin won't be my first pick I'd it's fire/fighting unless its design is good. I agree with the duo-types and I hope this gen they do it for all of them. Fennekin's evolution could be Pyschic or fighting, Froakie could have poison, fighting, or ice, and Cheapin could have dark or ground. This generation seems to be the most diverse with the possibilities of type combos than any other gen IMO.

    If Froakie ended up half Ice, that would seriously be pretty amazing, especially seeing as how Ice types are difficult to find early-game.

    I see what you mean about the diversity; the designs do so some promise!
    Who knows, I might actually actively train my starter this time instead of dumping it into the PC after the first couple of gym battles. XD

    I disagree with this part. The grass and water starters do suffer a similar problem, they have both had 3 pure types. No they aren't the last three of those starters, but it is a similar problem. This is why I'm hoping both Chespin and Froakie get a secondary type and Fennekin stays pure.
    I am really hoping Fennekin gets a secondary type, seeing as there's already a pure Fire fox in existence.
    Last edited by Rio!; 27th January 2013 at 3:22 AM.

  8. #6308
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Posts
    1,990

    Default

    Too be honest, I'm almost expecting Fenniken's final evo to be Fire/Fighting. I think part of t might be that since people come up with fan types combining Fire starters with every other type or just fire EXCEPT Fighting, that Nintendo might be part forced into making a Fire/Fighting creature, as they cannot steal another person's work.


    I must say, I am 110% against this action, I mean, quoting Wikipedia, '' A world of free knowledge will be lost ''. I say screw SOPA and PIPA, and all who agrees with me, sig this! We all detest the bill and will fight for the freedom of the Internet!

    This is Bidoof. Many people loathe it with their lives. If you are of the few people who love this little beaver, put this in your sig. Started by Warrior Scolipede

  9. #6309
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Location
    Somewhere in Brazil
    Posts
    4,071

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by MugoUrth View Post
    Too be honest, I'm almost expecting Fenniken's final evo to be Fire/Fighting. I think part of t might be that since people come up with fan types combining Fire starters with every other type or just fire EXCEPT Fighting, that Nintendo might be part forced into making a Fire/Fighting creature, as they cannot steal another person's work.
    Even in this Generation we already have seen fanarts of a Fire/Fighting evolution for Fennekin. Going by your logic, they'd be unable to give the starters any evolution whatsoever.
    3DS Friend Code: 3582-9622-5627

    "Oh, and here is my grandson. …Erm, what was his name now?"

  10. #6310

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Ver-mont View Post
    Even in this Generation we already have seen fanarts of a Fire/Fighting evolution for Fennekin. Going by your logic, they'd be unable to give the starters any evolution whatsoever.
    You got him there.

    I'm for fire psychic.

    Just do something cool for chespin, game freak. Grass/rock, ground, steel, fighting, hell, even dark if the design is badass enough and/or the stats are great. I really want the grass starter to be viable in ou this time.
    Sig edited due to exceeding height limit. Read the signature rules before editing your signature.

  11. #6311
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Mexico,Chihuahua
    Posts
    305

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Shraeder View Post
    My favorite Froakie evolution so far.

    @^ It looks cool, but please NO FIRE/FIGHTING.
    That's pretty much how I want it to end up like. Let's hope the real evolution is somewhat close to that.

  12. #6312
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Posts
    1,629

    Default

    I don't believe they will show us the starter evolutions till June-July! But I would love if they future grass and fire gym that we gets the starters evos used!
    My Final B2-normal mode- team:

  13. #6313
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Location
    ireland
    Posts
    2,897

    Default

    I'm really hope that we get two rivals, so that all the starters get used, hated leaving one of them in the lab.


    White2 Friend code: 0519-7592-3571
    X Friend code: 0216-1851-5361
    My safari: FIRE, slugma,growlith,ninetales

  14. #6314
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    Smash Run
    Posts
    6,716

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Ver-mont View Post
    Bringing this here since the thread was closed and it's pertinent to this one.



    I don't know whether you're pretending you don't know this franchise, playing silly or you simply don't know much about Pokémon. It was stated multiple times by the staff, Sugimori himself included, that the starter Pokémon are special, they're important and the designers put special effort into creating them because they're meant to be Pokémon the players will want to keep throughout the whole journey.

    Maybe you don't have any soft spot for them, but they are created to be special and that's a fact.
    Source plz. (Not saying I disagree with you but a credible source would be nice to prove it to blaze boy).

    It Froakie's evos are Water/Fighting, give them a movepool that won't be walled by Frillish and Jellicent.


  15. #6315
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    England
    Posts
    1,362

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by adamfitz View Post
    I'm really hope that we get two rivals, so that all the starters get used, hated leaving one of them in the lab.
    I always wished it would be your reward for completing so much of the Pokedex, "he couldn't find anyone else for it, you may as well take it, you're a good trainer," etcetera...
    Quote Originally Posted by Bone Cold Marowak Guy View Post
    Because gen. 6 will have 126 Pokemon exactly, and show up near May 24, 2016 (give or take 3 weeks).

  16. #6316

    Default

    I found this image on the internet, hinting it will be a bug/psychic/fight trio secondary types. Does anyone here know if this source is official? Because I don't know who wrote this.

    http://i.imgur.com/znTZF.jpg

    EDIT: Googled the magazine and it's unofficial.
    Last edited by Drohn; 27th January 2013 at 1:55 PM.

  17. #6317
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Posts
    438

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by MugoUrth View Post
    Too be honest, I'm almost expecting Fenniken's final evo to be Fire/Fighting. I think part of t might be that since people come up with fan types combining Fire starters with every other type or just fire EXCEPT Fighting, that Nintendo might be part forced into making a Fire/Fighting creature, as they cannot steal another person's work.
    By the time they had shown us the trailer, I'm 100% sure that they defined all the Pokemon that will be on this game. So I don't believe they will change stuff JUST because of fanarts.

    Also, there was before pretty close fanart speculations.

  18. #6318

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by SasakiThePikachu View Post
    Here here! It's a lot of fun to participate with fellow fans in all the speculation and hype leading up to a new release, and yes, that includes the inevitable building up of hope/realisation that you've just been trolled/disappointment following each crazy episode of Smash, as well as mashing F5 waiting for CoroCoro to leak. It's all just part of the experience, and I wouldn't miss it for the world.

    Speaking as someone who, until gen 5, pretty much didn't hear about the new pokemon games until they were on the shelves of my new local supermarket, I'm so, SO glad I jumped on the bandwagon last time and watched the progression from announcement, to Japanese release, to localisation. I feel like I was lucky enough to catch one last glimpse of the old era, becuase the worldwide release is probably going to apply to all main games from now on - and don't get me wrong it is frikkin GREAT that we're all gonna get these games at the same time, but on the other hand I feel a little sadness that there won't be any of the old-fashioned watching the Japanese get it first, deciding ages in advance what pokemon to catch, planning the team and knowing every gym leader...

    So since we're being deprived of that extra time we'd usually get to speculate english names etc, it's even more important to jump in with both feet while you still can, and enjoy .
    I echo your sentiments about how you feel with the "old days" being gone. I will miss them too, but I just think its really exciting that now, instead of trying to resist the temptation to spoil everything for yourself with the 6 month timespan between releases, we can all enjoy discovering things from the game at the same time, thus in my opinion the worldwide release is a plus (not to say that you didn't say it was).

    On topic, I hope that the dreamworlds abilities make a return, since they added so much in terms of gameplay. I hope the starters get some if the possible abilities, if these themes stick:

    Chespin: sturdy (if it went the knight theme, the armor could allow this pokemon to be sturdy, and get a hit in no matter what).

    Fennekin: either prankster (fox...tricky theme?) or magic guard (lots of psychics tend to get this...this would allow this pokemon to be viable if it is fire/psychic

    Froakie: Hydration or swift swim. I could see it having hydration if it was bulky or slim, would be a nice ability. I could also imagine a slim water/fighting type with high attack and defense, medium high speed (80-90) , with swift swim putting it over the top (and hopefully swift swim is allowed in competitive play.
    3DS FC: 0018-1175-8454 - IGN: Chris
    Ice safari: spheal, sneasel, and lapras

    I've been playing pokemon since the days of Red and Blue. I guess that makes me "old." But I am by no means a "genwunner" in the way the term is used around here. Some of my fav pokemon are gen 4-6 ones.

    http://www.serebiiforums.com/showthr...Gen-Trade-Shop
    ^^My SHINY trade shop! - Over 700 Kalos Bred SHINIES!^^

    And here is a link to my list:
    https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets...it?usp=sharing

  19. #6319
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    AMERICA!!! New York ._.
    Posts
    1,783

    Default

    I'm rooting for Froakie to be the fastest or at least second fastest water starter this time. Feraligatr still keeps the place as fastest...or at least make Froakie learn Earthquake or some reliable ground move ^^

  20. #6320
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    Tyler, Tx
    Posts
    669

    Default

    All three starters look good but I'd like to see new mixtures of types instead of the same old fire /fighting which has gone on for three gens now. I'd like to see froakie pure water all through its evolutions. Fennekin I'd like to see fire/electric form it's final type. Chespin I'd like to see grass/ground for final evolution. Whatever happens I'm still gonna play this next game.

  21. #6321
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Location
    Aspertia City
    Posts
    3,474

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Mr.Billehh View Post
    All three starters look good but I'd like to see new mixtures of types instead of the same old fire /fighting which has gone on for three gens now. I'd like to see froakie pure water all through its evolutions. Fennekin I'd like to see fire/electric form it's final type. Chespin I'd like to see grass/ground for final evolution. Whatever happens I'm still gonna play this next game.
    They been comfirmed to be pure Fire, water, grass so no second typing for any of them.

  22. #6322
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    U.S.A.
    Posts
    2,962

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Drohn View Post
    I found this image on the internet, hinting it will be a bug/psychic/fight trio secondary types. Does anyone here know if this source is official? Because I don't know who wrote this.

    http://i.imgur.com/znTZF.jpg

    EDIT: Googled the magazine and it's unofficial.
    How do you get bug out of Pin Missile? According to the Serebii move page, Qwilfish, Zigzagoon, Jolteon, Cacnea, Cacturne, and Roselia learn Pin Missile. None of those are bugs.
    FC: 1779-0800-2195
    My friend safari: Noibat, Gabite, Druddigon

  23. #6323
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Posts
    79

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Hero of Ideals View Post
    They been comfirmed to be pure Fire, water, grass so no second typing for any of them.
    the confirmation was for the first evolutionary form as in them there selves not their evolutions
    JUST BECAUSE PICHU IS EPIC just because

    Youtube:http://www.youtube.com/user/chespingaming

  24. #6324

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Hero of Ideals View Post
    They been comfirmed to be pure Fire, water, grass so no second typing for any of them.
    No that's just the first stages. We have no idea of their evolutions will get a second type.
    3DS Friend code
    1246-9040-8906
    Friend Safari
    Ghost: Shuppet, Phantump, and Spiritomb

    Secret Base
    Coming Soon

  25. #6325
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Posts
    79

    Default

    i think the final stages of the starters will be grass/dark, fire/psychic and water/ice because then they all have a type super effective against each other
    JUST BECAUSE PICHU IS EPIC just because

    Youtube:http://www.youtube.com/user/chespingaming

Page 253 of 1178 FirstFirst ... 153203243249250251252253254255256257263303353 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •