View Poll Results: Which starter would you use?

Voters
3150. You may not vote on this poll
  • Chespin

845 26.83%
  • Fennekin

1,329 42.19%
  • Froakie

849 26.95%
  • NONE, Dunsparce looks better

127 4.03%
Page 259 of 1178 FirstFirst ... 159209249255256257258259260261262263269309359 ... LastLast
Results 6,451 to 6,475 of 29437

Thread: Starter Speculation/Discussion Thread

I remember seeing somewhere a little article about the 6th gen and it talks about the starters and from what I remember, something about Chespin learning Pin Missile attack, how Fennekin has latent Psychic abilities and how Froakie is skilled at Melee so could that hint towards their evolutions?
    Chespin Evo - Grass/Dark or Poison
    Fennekin Evo - Fire/Psychic
    Froakie Evo - Water/Fighting

???

Quote Originally Posted by Divine Retribution View Post
    Compare nearly any 3rd Generation animation to its 4th Generation counterpart, this is very true. Also, the 6th Generation is supposed to be "revolutionary", as in the game as we know it is going to drastically change.
    totally agree, gen 4 was revolutionary because holy crap the crew played around a bit with 3D visuals for the first time ever, competitive battling was completely revolutionized due to the physical/special split and wifi battling (a lot of the pokemon got so much better), and the fact that it was a huge jump from the gameboy to the DS. i remember buying a DS just to play diamond and i'm almost certainly gonna get a 3DS just to play Y. there's another huge shift in console from the DS to 3DS, so i can sense that gen 6 is gonna be revolutionary as well.

Quote Originally Posted by Papousse View Post
    Not really. Empoleon is faster (in theory) than Torterra, and can easily launch an Ice Beam or a Blizzard and make a OHKO.
    Empoleon can also have Surf, Hydro Pump or Hydro Cannon to kick Infernape's a*s, and again, make a OHKO. Due to his good Defense and Special Defense, Empoleon could endure a fighting move from Infernape's speed advantage.

No one of those starters are in disadvantage if you have the good moveset for.
    nah, close combat from an infernape with decent attack is always an OHKO on empoleon

Quote Originally Posted by Chespin17 View Post
    Yes! Chespin's back in front of Froakie.

Fennekin is becoming my least favorite. The more I look at it the more ugly it seems. It's head is way too big for it's body, and all that ear hair...gross.
    well chespin has buck teeth...XD

Quote Originally Posted by MugoUrth View Post
    Too be honest, I'm almost expecting Fenniken's final evo to be Fire/Fighting. I think part of t might be that since people come up with fan types combining Fire starters with every other type or just fire EXCEPT Fighting, that Nintendo might be part forced into making a Fire/Fighting creature, as they cannot steal another person's work.
    don't they have the designs decided already? they should if they're about to release the games in less than a year. plus there's so many possibilities on what the evos could look like, so i doubt their design would be the exact same as a fan's unless that fan drew his based on an early leak.

on another note, the best possible type combinations for these starters would be grass/steel, fire/dragon, and water/steel or water/ground. grass/steel is amazing defensively, just look at ferrothorn. fire/dragon is unresisted STAB coverage if you don't count flash fire heatran. water/steel is a great typing because of its huge amount of resistances, water/ground only has 1 weakness to grass.
    Last edited by Generation Hazard; 28th January 2013 at 11:09 AM.

I will find away to get all three of them, i usually do, but my main starter will be Fennekin but i do admit Froakie and Chespin are growing on me, i find Chespin really cute, and i find Froakie really quirky in design which isn't so bad.
    Ash: Serena what are you doing
    Serena: from now on Ash, you should call me your little pikachu

http://www.fanfiction.net/s/9745729/3/Seperate-Roads
    friend code friend safari, trade and battle 0962 9543 3828

Even if I was to photoshop a Chespin hood on Oshawott, I would still see no difference besides bipedal stance.

I will use all three starters but chespin will be my main.
    My 3DS games:

- Mario Kart 7 (2011)
    - Resident Evil: Revelations (2011)
    - Super Mario 3D Land (2011)
    - Bravely Default (2012)
    - Fifa 13 (2012)
    - Fire Emblem: Awakening (2012)
    - Etrian Odyssey Untold: The Millennium Girl (2013)
    - Pokémon Y (2013)
    - Steel Diver: Sub Wars (2014)

i like all of the starters, but i never liked Chespin.. it really depends on it's final typing, to me it's "helmet thing" looks hard, so there is a possibility it could be a rock type or something of that nature.. Grass/Rock?

It really depends on how each individual sees it, man. I personally think Chespin looks charming in his own way. Really interested to see how it looks like from the back though (seen some fanart, apparently its 'hat' is just the extension of a quill-y back?).
    Knarly, dude!

Quote Originally Posted by water trainer View Post
    I remember seeing somewhere a little article about the 6th gen and it talks about the starters and from what I remember, something about Chespin learning Pin Missile attack, how Fennekin has latent Psychic abilities and how Froakie is skilled at Melee so could that hint towards their evolutions?

???
    See. And i don't know where people are getting this! I saw something about it mentioned on Pokememes and I have no idea where people got that idea in thier head. It's not a bad one, mind you. Certainly a big departure from what we've had, and Im all for it. I just want to know if this has some basis in reality before we all start getting excited over the possibility of a Fire starter who's final form isn't Fire/Fighting. I will say, I like Chespin, and Fenneken. I don't know how i feel about Froakie. So long as none of them evolve into something with a ridiculous Sam Elliot/Samurott mustache. I'm happy.

Quote Originally Posted by Xadium View Post
    Yeah, I don't see the similarities between Chespin and Oshawott.
    I don't too, but with Dewott, there's a lot a similarities.
    I really hope that Chespin's evolution won't be design like Samurott...
    Oh my Feebas !
    Newest Shiny !

Spoiler:- My Hunts and Shinies:

Quote Originally Posted by Pokemon1998Ash View Post
    I agree Chespin and Oshawott has very few similarities unlike Piplup and Oshawott. All three of them have similar head shapes.

http://t0.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:A...mkwrbgjSISiV-w
    They're round.
    MIND=BLOWN
    Y Team: Delphox, Venusaur (Mega), Blaziken, Absol, Aegislash, Florges
    PROUD TO DONATE GOOD POKEMON TO THE WONDER TRADE!
    But I swear to Arceus if you give me a Dedenne, I will find you.
    3DS Friend Code: 2036-7115-4768
    (my safari zone really sucks... sorry. IT HAS DEDENNE. STUPID KARMA.)
    <<R.I.P.
    HELLO HERE'S MY FANFICTION

Mod note: Signature should have have font size larger than 3.
    Lux note: You're right, it should.

I also talk about Pokemon stuffs here. (and the link works now.)

I don't understand all the hate for Froakie, but then I never understood the hate for Oshawott either.

image.jpg

the Parasol Lady motto
    "Neither snow, nor rain, nor heat, nor gloom of night
    stays these couriers from the swift completion
    of their appointed rounds."

Herodotus, 503 B.C.

3440•5711•0080
    White 2 Friend Code

Quote Originally Posted by Extinct_Fizz View Post
    I don't understand all the hate for Froakie, but then I never understood the hate for Oshawott either.

image.jpg
    Most people (including me ) like froakie.

Quote Originally Posted by water trainer View Post

???
    why does everyone think he will be part fighting he looks more like he will be part ice like his foam becomes an ice cloud is how i imagine that how does he become part fighting what part of him changes
    JUST BECAUSE PICHU IS EPIC just because

Youtube:http://www.youtube.com/user/chespingaming

Quote Originally Posted by Luxvan View Post
    They're round.
    MIND=BLOWN
    what i was about to say

Why does everyone like fennekin to me it just looks like a fox with an ear hair problem

Quote Originally Posted by pokedons View Post
    Why does everyone like fennekin to me it just looks like a fox with an ear hair problem
    Well, all Pokémon are basically the same that way. People like it because it's cute/cool/sexy/etc depending on what people think about it. Everyone are different, and there's countless of reasons to like a Pokémon.

I, personally, like it, but it's big head bothers me.
    Is apparantly Dragon Type in the Friend Safari. Neat.

One of these Spoilers has a very Hot Chick hidden. One has Yaoi. And one will eat your Soul. Choose at your own risk~

Spoiler:- Number 1:

Spoiler:- Number 2:

Spoiler:- Number 3:

Quote Originally Posted by Extinct_Fizz View Post

image.jpg
    eh, it just seems to goofy for me. But thats just my opinion.
    #AlphaSapphire
    I am one of Jehovah's Witnesses.
    If you have a question about my religion, or wish to discuss my religion, the Bible, or anything related to this topic, feel free to PM or VM me, take a look at the information in my profile or visit our official website.

I think there is a lot of facts that made us like a pokemon. Someone will love Cresselia for its mystic side, someone will like Spinda because it has a funny look...
    A lot of people like Fennekin because of its look. Maybe you don't appreciate it and that's why there are so many pokemon.
    Oh my Feebas !
    Newest Shiny !

Spoiler:- My Hunts and Shinies:

I wonder what levels the starters will evolve at this time around...? I'd like them to all evolve at level 16 and then again at 36, but I wouldn't be surprised if it ended up being different for each of them again.
    ALPHA SAPPHIRE TEAM

Or maybe some animals in real life have hair inside them naturally.

I like fennekin the best, because it's cute and also since it looks like it will become part psychic, and I usually don't use psychic's :3
    Froakie is second, cause it looks awesome as well.
    Don't really like chespin, because it looks so... weird to me.

FEAR US.

Spoiler:- Credits and other stuff.:

Quote Originally Posted by Sealotic View Post
    I think there is a lot of facts that made us like a pokemon. Someone will love Cresselia for its mystic side, someone will like Spinda because it has a funny look...
    A lot of people like Fennekin because of its look. Maybe you don't appreciate it and that's why there are so many pokemon.
    yeah.
    People usually choose pokemon that they like to be on their teams. So if fennekin is not your cup of tea, then another one will be.
    #AlphaSapphire
    I am one of Jehovah's Witnesses.
    If you have a question about my religion, or wish to discuss my religion, the Bible, or anything related to this topic, feel free to PM or VM me, take a look at the information in my profile or visit our official website.

Quote Originally Posted by Sealotic View Post
    i like pichu for its looks i like chespin anf froakie for its looks but fennekin looks weird i think he colours need to be swapped round

Quote Originally Posted by your boss View Post
    Or maybe some animals in real life have hair inside them naturally.
    yeah but fennekins is absurdly huge

<3 Fennekin

Page 259 of 1178 FirstFirst ... 159209249255256257258259260261262263269309359 ... LastLast