View Poll Results: Which starter would you use?

Voters
3150. You may not vote on this poll
  • Chespin

    845 26.83%
  • Fennekin

    1,329 42.19%
  • Froakie

    849 26.95%
  • NONE, Dunsparce looks better

    127 4.03%
Page 264 of 1178 FirstFirst ... 164214254260261262263264265266267268274314364 ... LastLast
Results 6,576 to 6,600 of 29437

Thread: Starter Speculation/Discussion Thread

  1. #6576
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Location
    Over there
    Posts
    148

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by c4tman View Post
    after i heard the rumour i will said that:
    FENNEKIN: fire/ ground
    CHESPIN: grass/ fighting
    FROAKIE: water/psychic

    btw how about thiss ahehehe....


    http://c4tman.deviantart.com/#/d5sc69b
    Its funny I actually think i like the left column of starters more than the real ones! Especially the grass fennekin, looks great!

    AMPHAROS FOREVER. I'm going to have a fit if you cant catch a early on in X and Y!!!


    Click on the egg to help it hatch! Trying to get a mareep! P.S. Feel free to click on my other Pokemon too!

  2. #6577
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    AMERICA!!! New York ._.
    Posts
    1,782

    Default

    I wouldn't mind for Chespin to grow up and give off a slight impression of Tyranitar at least then we can stop the Oshawott comparison xD

  3. #6578
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Location
    All over the place
    Posts
    1,600

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Pokemon1998Ash View Post
    I know this doesn't have anything to do with the topic but could someone explain why some people don't like the 5 Gen Starters including there Evolutions? Is it because of there designs or is it because they lack a good move pool? For example The Snivy line is one of my favorites but Serperior lacks a good move pool its hidden ability is useless without Leafstorm and it doesn't know to many special attacks besides Normal and Grass.
    don't forget dragon attacks...
    Draconic pokemon are king !!!
    _________________________

    Pokemon Y Team:




    my deviantart featuring a wide array of moemon drawn by yours truly: http://xxd17.deviantart.com/

  4. #6579
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    Philippines
    Posts
    198

    Default

    No matter what they looked like having given their evolution I would always start with a grass type. Personally, I would like Chespin to get part Dark Type or Fighting Type, but thinking of its possible evolution it might look like something of an Excadrill - which means he would turn as a part ground type which is I hope not. Grass/Steel is also a better option, as a user suggested. Reading all the suggestions, the water-psychic Froakie seems great, he's getting better in me at every minute and the idea of Froakie as a Seismitoad is being erased. A sage like frog - seems an excellent special sweeper. As to Fennekin, the most possible half type it would get is psychic (unless Froakie gets the type) or fighting (which is an OU typing for starter - so NO to Fire/Fighting) or none at all.

  5. #6580
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    T.G Eterna Bldg
    Posts
    482

    Default

    Can someone please describe to me exactly how chespin resembles oshawott in anyway? I see NO resemblance whatsoever! I'm actually concerned that my eyesight is off or something. Is it in part due to oshawott's appearance and personality in the anime or something? (I don't watch the anime)

    Also in regards to the fakemon above, which are pretty nice, I need need need gamefreak to go the direction with froakie where his eyes get 'absorbed' into his head and don't jut out. I've come to the conclusion that the massive eyes are why I dislike the design and don't get a 'starter' vibe from him - no other starter has ever had eyes outside of the facial area or of such relatively large size
    COMPLETE NATIONAL DEX
    gen VI announced next day

    Black 2 FC - 0949 0144 8935

    X FC - 0216-1327-7975

    I have Octillery, Floatzel and Azumarill in my friend safari

  6. #6581
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    Portland, ORUSA
    Posts
    2,970

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by c4tman View Post
    after i heard the rumour i will said that:
    FENNEKIN: fire/ ground
    CHESPIN: grass/ fighting
    FROAKIE: water/psychic

    btw how about thiss ahehehe....


    http://c4tman.deviantart.com/#/d5sc69b

    I love the starters as they are personally, but I do love the top set in this diagram, the Fire Frog is cute, and the Water Fox is adorable. As I said, I still prefer the ones we are getting in reality.

    I don't see a resemblance among any starters, it's just dumb. Yes, if you want to tear them apart, a lot of Pokemon have circles for a head, so does that mean all circle headed Pokemon look alike, etc, it's just a dumb point.

    Stop comparing Pokemon, be they one starter to another, or one frog to another. Just like in nature, there are animals that have similar features, but they are not the same.

    Pokemon X Friend Code: 5258-0130-4229 / Electric: Dedenne, Pikachu, Zebstrika

    This is just my opinion, if you don't support the main character of the show, why bother watching.

  7. #6582

    Default

    lol guys there are some humans in this world who look really alike and i don't see anybody saying "wtf dude, you're just a rip off copy of this other person! whoever made you is unoriginal!" we don't expect every human to look COMPLETELY unique because we all are part of the same species. and actually, pokemon is pretty diverse when you think about the fact that they're all one species (in fact it's quite weird when you think about it that way, they all look so different).

    on a side note, anyone who says gamefreak doesn't have originality anymore is deluded. they had ideas for over 1000 pokemon before johto/hoenn was released, and for all we know they could just be using the same designs they came up with 10 years ago but never released. they're a long way from running out of ideas.

  8. #6583
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Posts
    438

    Default

    That Chespin fanart made my decision: I'll nickname it Link. Nicki Fenaj and Froaking for the other two :O
    I might get the three of them :O

  9. #6584
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    Philippines
    Posts
    198

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Generation Hazard View Post
    on a side note, anyone who says gamefreak doesn't have originality anymore is deluded. they had ideas for over 1000 pokemon before johto/hoenn was released, and for all we know they could just be using the same designs they came up with 10 years ago but never released. they're a long way from running out of ideas.
    I AGREE!

    Awesome signature kicksjedi9!

    And yeah, there is no such thing as "look alike" in them especially when a pokemon is taken from a single animal, of course they would. C'mon, does it REALLY matter? When 4th gen was released I always hear like "robot-like" or "d!g!m0n-like". Who gives ...? (apparently, there are)

  10. #6585
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    In the sky with diamonds
    Posts
    1,528

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Ciccone View Post
    Sis, I know you didn't just shade Fennekin. I mean Fennekin looks nothing like Vulpix in the first place; she looks like a chihuahua more than a fox in my opinion. Chespin on the other hand, is Oshawott's twin. All you have to do is put them side by side to understand where the comparisons stem from. But I'm not here to pit Fennekin against Chespin; I was merely serving some piping hot truth tea about Chespin's design and how Gamefreak really disappointed me by designing a mediocre (imo) Grass-type Starter for the first time.
    Fennekin looks nothing like Vulpix. Chespin looks nothing like Oshawott. That's what I meant by that :P

    Honestly, I only see a slight similarity between Chez and Osh's eyes. That's literally it. And if we're going to say 'that pokemon's eyes look like this pokemon's! It's a copy' then...yeah. No.

    I can get behind you not liking Chespin's design if you don't want to. Cool. Call it mediocre or downright ugly, that's your opinion. But Oshawott's twin? It clearly isn't...?

    @Gen Hazard: all that you say, I like it
    - Hiatus Notice -

    I'm sorry to do this, but I won't be posting in the Serebii Discussion Forums anymore. My account here will remain open for trading/chatting with friends, but please be patient for a reply as my visits here will be fewer.

    I've left for the greener pastures of Bulbagarden Forums, where free speech is still allowed and the rules are followed by all, including those who enforce them.

    It's been a fun 3 years ~

  11. #6586

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by SasakiThePikachu View Post
    Fennekin looks nothing like Vulpix. Chespin looks nothing like Oshawott. That's what I meant by that :P

    Honestly, I only see a slight similarity between Chez and Osh's eyes. That's literally it. And if we're going to say 'that pokemon's eyes look like this pokemon's! It's a copy' then...yeah. No.

    I can get behind you not liking Chespin's design if you don't want to. Cool. Call it mediocre or downright ugly, that's your opinion. But Oshawott's twin? It clearly isn't...?

    @Gen Hazard: all that you say, I like it
    I think Fennekin resembles Glameow much more than Vulplix, the winged legs, the head and ears.. I also see the resemblance between Oshawott, Piplup and Chespin, and even a little Croagunk in Froakie. BUT just because they have similarities with other Pokemon in design doesn't mean I don't like them. I love this set of starters and there is plenty to make them different from the other Pokemon in design and typing.

  12. #6587
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Location
    Canada
    Posts
    286

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Ungoliath View Post
    That Chespin fanart made my decision: I'll nickname it Link. Nicki Fenaj and Froaking for the other two :O
    I might get the three of them :O
    Nicki Fenaj, omg, I just died ! xD
    Warning, because Chespin won,t look like Link after its 3rd evolution, I promise :$
    Oh my Feebas !
    Newest Shiny !


        Spoiler:- My Hunts and Shinies:


  13. #6588
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    United States, East Coast
    Posts
    662

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Sealotic View Post
    Nicki Fenaj, omg, I just died ! xD
    Warning, because Chespin won,t look like Link after its 3rd evolution, I promise :$
    Dude, no way! You have the official Sugimori artwork of Chespin's final evolution? You simply MUST share it with the lot of us.
    Check out my band's new EP! ... And like us on Facebook while you're at it!
    [IMG]http://oi49.*******.com/21mzpmr.jpg[/IMG]
    Hat by wolfy.

  14. #6589

    Default

    I'm assuming this fan-art has done the rounds, seeing as every other piece of concept has ended up in here? These are great in my opinion and I'd be very happy with them all. It'd actually make my decision difficult seeing as this Froakie evo is so bad-***.
    Attached Images Attached Images

  15. #6590

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by SasakiThePikachu View Post
    @Gen Hazard: all that you say, I like it
    fennekin fans think alike.

    on a side note, i'm going with an all 6th gen team until the elite four the way i always do. not gonna catch the golurks, kirlias, and whatever else is hanging around. this was easiest to do in gen 5 since in b/w there were no pokemon from the previous generations until you beat the game, so i wasn't tempted to catch a riolu or something.

  16. #6591
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Location
    Not Kalos
    Posts
    3,102

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by bippacooleth View Post
    Can someone please describe to me exactly how chespin resembles oshawott in anyway? I see NO resemblance whatsoever! I'm actually concerned that my eyesight is off or something. Is it in part due to oshawott's appearance and personality in the anime or something? (I don't watch the anime)

    Also in regards to the fakemon above, which are pretty nice, I need need need gamefreak to go the direction with froakie where his eyes get 'absorbed' into his head and don't jut out. I've come to the conclusion that the massive eyes are why I dislike the design and don't get a 'starter' vibe from him - no other starter has ever had eyes outside of the facial area or of such relatively large size
    They have a similar body shape, and similar eyes and noses.

    Quote Originally Posted by Ungoliath View Post
    That Chespin fanart made my decision: I'll nickname it Link. Nicki Fenaj and Froaking for the other two :O
    I might get the three of them :O
    But what about Fennekin Skywalker?

    Anyone notice that Froakie has the same body shape as Chimchar? That's why I think it won't be like one of those fat fake evolutions but instead more like Infernape: a lean, mean, Fighting type machine.
    Last edited by Shraeder; 30th January 2013 at 2:34 PM.
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~Shraeder~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    So I herd u liek Mudkipz...So do I!
    FC: 4742-5645-2960
    Friend Safari: Aipom, Audino, and DITTO!

  17. #6592
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Location
    Over there
    Posts
    148

    Default

    On the dex speculation thread someone posted a list of the new pokes a be types. And while it was obviously fake, it did say that froakie was going to be half electric, and now that I think about it, that would be hands down my favorite starter ever if they get the design right, and I don't even like water starters!

    AMPHAROS FOREVER. I'm going to have a fit if you cant catch a early on in X and Y!!!


    Click on the egg to help it hatch! Trying to get a mareep! P.S. Feel free to click on my other Pokemon too!

  18. #6593
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    Kanto (Packing for Kalos)
    Posts
    449

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by bippacooleth View Post
    Can someone please describe to me exactly how chespin resembles oshawott in anyway? I see NO resemblance whatsoever! I'm actually concerned that my eyesight is off or something. Is it in part due to oshawott's appearance and personality in the anime or something? (I don't watch the anime)
    The only resemblance I can see is that they're both cute mammalian starters who could have easily passed as PikaClones but DON'T because their style is meant to foreshadow their future epic look. If Chespin's hood is in fact detachable, that may stand as a similarity, as well since Oshawott can remove its scalchop....

    They're differences, however, are FAR more plentiful than their similarities. From their silhouette to their coloring and beyond. Heck, we haven't even SEEN Chespin's future evos so how similar can we really say their designs are??

    Quote Originally Posted by Ungoliath View Post
    That Chespin fanart made my decision: I'll nickname it Link. Nicki Fenaj and Froaking for the other two :O
    I might get the three of them :O
    LoL!! Yeah. When I first saw the starters, Legend of Zelda was one of first things that popped into my head. Chespin was Link, Fennekin was Zelda, and Froakie was Ganondorf....

        Spoiler:- Sleek Thief/Assassin or Bulky Behemoth:

    ...needless to say, I'm a bigger fan of the first.
    MASTER Pkmn Team

  19. #6594
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Location
    The Enterprise
    Posts
    2,788

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by LeoP2008 View Post
    The only resemblance I can see is that they're both cute mammalian starters who could have easily passed as PikaClones but DON'T because their style is meant to foreshadow their future epic look. If Chespin's hood is in fact detachable, that may stand as a similarity, as well since Oshawott can remove its scalchop....

    They're differences, however, are FAR more plentiful than their similarities. From their silhouette to their coloring and beyond. Heck, we haven't even SEEN Chespin's future evos so how similar can we really say their designs are??



    LoL!! Yeah. When I first saw the starters, Legend of Zelda was one of first things that popped into my head. Chespin was Link, Fennekin was Zelda, and Froakie was Ganondorf....

        Spoiler:- Sleek Thief/Assassin or Bulky Behemoth:

    ...needless to say, I'm a bigger fan of the first.
    I love that first one, but somehow the second one seems more likely.
    #AlphaSapphire
    I am one of Jehovah's Witnesses.
    If you have a question about my religion, or wish to discuss my religion, the Bible, or anything related to this topic, feel free to PM or VM me or take a look at the information in my profile.

  20. #6595
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    United States, East Coast
    Posts
    662

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Ampharoid View Post
    On the dex speculation thread someone posted a list of the new pokes a be types. And while it was obviously fake, it did say that froakie was going to be half electric, and now that I think about it, that would be hands down my favorite starter ever if they get the design right, and I don't even like water starters!
    I would have to agree. I feel as though Froakie's evos are going to be hard to hate. That's why I'm picking him even if we don't see the final evos before the games are released in October.
    Check out my band's new EP! ... And like us on Facebook while you're at it!
    [IMG]http://oi49.*******.com/21mzpmr.jpg[/IMG]
    Hat by wolfy.

  21. #6596
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Location
    Anchored in Sootopolis Bay
    Posts
    512

    Default

    I realy like all three new starters! Right now i'm going for Chespin because I love hedgehogs/porcupines but if Fennekin goes in an Egyitian looking route I will definatly pick him. I realy like Froakie too I just don't see myself picking him right now but once I see the evos that may change.


    Credit to Eeveelover824! Thanks!

  22. #6597
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    In the sky with diamonds
    Posts
    1,528

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by ansem the wise View Post
    I love that first one, but somehow the second one seems more likely.
    This is going to sound funny from someone who's spent the last 3 weeks saying that the starters do not look like other pokemon, and even if they did, that's no reason to dislike them...but hey, what the hell, let's be a hypocrite for a second (lol): that second one just looks too much like Excadrill to me. It's the clawed hands and feet, and that mole-like nose. I would love Chespin to become something large, speedy and cool...but not something that looks like a Drilbur branched evo

    Confession - although I'm Team Fen all the way, I hope Froakie surprises us all. He's my least favourite starter at the mo - I don't dislike him, I just don't find he has the cuddly/cute factor of the other two. I really, really want him to have some kind of awesome shock dual type and rocket in popularity when his evos are revealed, if only because he doesn't deserve half of the hate I've seen about him on the interwebz.

    So c'mon, Froakie. Pull an Oshawott and become a samurai or ninja or something properly b*tchin.
    - Hiatus Notice -

    I'm sorry to do this, but I won't be posting in the Serebii Discussion Forums anymore. My account here will remain open for trading/chatting with friends, but please be patient for a reply as my visits here will be fewer.

    I've left for the greener pastures of Bulbagarden Forums, where free speech is still allowed and the rules are followed by all, including those who enforce them.

    It's been a fun 3 years ~

  23. #6598
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Location
    All over the place
    Posts
    1,600

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by bippacooleth View Post
    Can someone please describe to me exactly how chespin resembles oshawott in anyway? I see NO resemblance whatsoever! I'm actually concerned that my eyesight is off or something. Is it in part due to oshawott's appearance and personality in the anime or something? (I don't watch the anime)

    Also in regards to the fakemon above, which are pretty nice, I need need need gamefreak to go the direction with froakie where his eyes get 'absorbed' into his head and don't jut out. I've come to the conclusion that the massive eyes are why I dislike the design and don't get a 'starter' vibe from him - no other starter has ever had eyes outside of the facial area or of such relatively large size
    Treecko...
    Draconic pokemon are king !!!
    _________________________

    Pokemon Y Team:




    my deviantart featuring a wide array of moemon drawn by yours truly: http://xxd17.deviantart.com/

  24. #6599

    Default

    Froakie will be my starter, no matter what... I just hope they make him epic enough for me to want to keep him on my team! As someone else has said, I won't be having any of the older Pokémon on my team until after the Elite Four - I will catch the water types though, and just box them.

    The last starter I actually kept on my team was Swampert, he was a beast!
    ALPHA SAPPHIRE TEAM


  25. #6600
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    Kanto (Packing for Kalos)
    Posts
    449

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by SasakiThePikachu View Post
    This is going to sound funny from someone who's spent the last 3 weeks saying that the starters do not look like other pokemon, and even if they did, that's no reason to dislike them...but hey, what the hell, let's be a hypocrite for a second (lol): that second one just looks too much like Excadrill to me. It's the clawed hands and feet, and that mole-like nose. I would love Chespin to become something large, speedy and cool...but not something that looks like a Drilbur branched evo

    Confession - although I'm Team Fen all the way, I hope Froakie surprises us all. He's my least favourite starter at the mo - I don't dislike him, I just don't find he has the cuddly/cute factor of the other two. I really, really want him to have some kind of awesome shock dual type and rocket in popularity when his evos are revealed, if only because he doesn't deserve half of the hate I've seen about him on the interwebz.

    So c'mon, Froakie. Pull an Oshawott and become a samurai or ninja or something properly b*tchin.
    My feelings EXACTLY. Chespin has ALOT of potential. Where as I'd love him either way (a bulky evo would mean great typing, like Steel or Rock), it'd feel like a cop-out if it turned out to look like a giant monster-porcupine. That would be WAY to literal for GF. But, if it turns out to be a sleek ninja hedgehog who pulls needles from his back and uses them like kunai (ninja dagger-like weapons) my heart would explode!!

    I also agree about Froakie. Gyarados will always be my "go to" for water-types (with Walrein as my second) but it would be nice for Froakie to impress. Fennekin can do no wrong at this point, Chespin's popularity can only grow but poor Froakie. It feels like Water-types usually get the short end of the stick every Gen (sans Mudkip, that is...)
    MASTER Pkmn Team

Page 264 of 1178 FirstFirst ... 164214254260261262263264265266267268274314364 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •