View Poll Results: Which starter would you use?

Voters
3150. You may not vote on this poll
  • Chespin

845 26.83%
  • Fennekin

1,329 42.19%
  • Froakie

849 26.95%
  • NONE, Dunsparce looks better

127 4.03%
Page 265 of 1178 FirstFirst ... 165215255261262263264265266267268269275315365 ... LastLast
Results 6,601 to 6,625 of 29437

Thread: Starter Speculation/Discussion Thread

Sleek thief looks to...girly.
    Also, I've seen the other Fakemon, which I like more anyway.
    For some reason Sleeky reminds of Snivy for some reason.
    *Insert Some Cool Image Here*

Quote Originally Posted by LeoP2008 View Post

LoL!! Yeah. When I first saw the starters, Legend of Zelda was one of first things that popped into my head. Chespin was Link, Fennekin was Zelda, and Froakie was Ganondorf....

Spoiler:- Sleek Thief/Assassin or Bulky Behemoth:

...needless to say, I'm a bigger fan of the first.
    The first just looks...........,........ Retarded, or odd, just not something I'd see in Pokemon, more like some stupid **** I hate and would never play,(no offense you people) like kingdom hearts.

I heard a rumor that the starters are based on three European archetypes and could be a knight with chestnut armor (chespin) a wizard with a flaming cowl (fennekin), and a Viking with a mullet and axe made of lightning (Froakie).

Edit needless to say, if chespin becomes a knight I will name mine sir robin.
    Last edited by Ghosts of the Forums; 30th January 2013 at 9:57 PM.
    Sig edited due to exceeding height limit. Read the signature rules before editing your signature.

it won't ever happen but it would be neat if there was a starter for every type
    http://forums.pokemonplus.net/index....rals&reff=1023<-click plz or use ye5 as refferer

Looking for: Metang safari only please message me I really need one.

My 3ds is 4167 5084 5892 Friend safari is Rufflet, Woobat, and Spearow!
    [/FONT]

Quote Originally Posted by clarkey_2000 View Post
    it won't ever happen but it would be neat if there was a starter for every type
    Well it would be nice, at least through dual types. It doesn't look like GF are moving away from Fire/Water/Grass anytime soon. They only type I doubt is the Dragon type as that resists the other 3 types. But then again, Empoleon is neutral to Grass so they could still work it all out.
    Quote Originally Posted by Huspoel View Post
    You're saying some really smart stuff there.

Quote Originally Posted by Aurath8 View Post
    Well it would be nice, at least through dual types. It doesn't look like GF are moving away from Fire/Water/Grass anytime soon. They only type I doubt is the Dragon type as that resists the other 3 types. But then again, Empoleon is neutral to Grass so they could still work it all out.
    Serperior was one of the best candidates for dragon ever. He wasn't for balance issues, imagine having a dragon type that early. They are supposed t be powerful, and take a long time to find.

Charizard and serperior weren't, so I think the dragon boat has sailed.
    Sig edited due to exceeding height limit. Read the signature rules before editing your signature.

imagine (i know it's stupid but it works) if the there were starters which were ground electric and water
    JUST BECAUSE PICHU IS EPIC just because

Youtube:http://www.youtube.com/user/chespingaming

Quote Originally Posted by pokedons View Post
    imagine (i know it's stupid but it works) if the there were starters which were ground electric and water
    Electric would get killed. taking neutral damage from water and ground is immune.
    Current White 2 Team

Signature edited due to Rule Breaking- check this: http://www.serebiiforums.com/showthread.php?t=430446

Quote Originally Posted by Shraeder View Post
    But what about Fennekin Skywalker?

Anyone notice that Froakie has the same body shape as Chimchar? That's why I think it won't be like one of those fat fake evolutions but instead more like Infernape: a lean, mean, Fighting type machine.
    So many puns we can make. :O

And I thought the same as well, Froakie has all the tickets to become the lean kickass machine.
    Quote Originally Posted by Sealotic View Post
    Nicki Fenaj, omg, I just died ! xD
    Warning, because Chespin won,t look like Link after its 3rd evolution, I promise :$
    Just keeping the hood and something woody will do it xD
    Quote Originally Posted by LeoP2008 View Post
    LoL!! Yeah. When I first saw the starters, Legend of Zelda was one of first things that popped into my head. Chespin was Link, Fennekin was Zelda, and Froakie was Ganondorf....

Spoiler:- Sleek Thief/Assassin or Bulky Behemoth:

...needless to say, I'm a bigger fan of the first.
    Froakon? :O And well, it would be epic if it's well done.

And that picture...Reminds me why I don't like many of the fanarts for Chespin evolutions: They always forget something: Or the hood, or the tail, or the color scheme, or the spines, or the claws. The sleek one I like, but I feel like there is something missing between its legs and the rest of its body.

Quote Originally Posted by Ghosts of the Forums View Post
    The first just looks...........,........ Retarded, or odd, just not something I'd see in Pokemon, more like some stupid **** I hate and would never play,(no offense you people) like kingdom hearts.

I heard a rumor that the starters are based on three European archetypes and could be a knight with chestnut armor (chespin) a wizard with a flaming cowl (fennekin), and a Viking with a mullet and axe made of lightning (Froakie).

Edit needless to say, if chespin becomes a knight I will name mine sir robin.
    Brave Sir Robin ran away.
    ("No!")
    Bravely ran away away.
    ("I didn't!")
    When danger reared it's ugly head,
    He bravely turned his tail and fled.
    ("no!")
    Yes, brave Sir Robin turned about
    ("I didn't!")
    And gallantly he chickened out.
    Bravely taking ("I never did!") to his feet,
    He beat a very brave retreat.
    ("all lies!")
    Bravest of the braaaave, Sir Robin!
    ("I never!")

Hope you don't mind if I pinch that name to use for m'self if that's the case ;P
    Oh Memories
    Where'd you go?
    You were all I've ever known
    How I miss yesterday
    How'd I let it fade away?
    Where'd you go?

Friend Safari Type - Poison - Swalot, Toxicroak, Gloom

i sort of prefer chespin its just that ive always wanted a miniature grass type bear but if not id definitely choose frokie

Quote Originally Posted by Mimori_the_Pichu View Post
    LOL Froakie is the only original starter pokemon in Gen 6 Chespin doesn't come close and Fennekin's just ok
    I kind of agree. I wouldn't say that Froakie is completely original since we've had tons of other frog Pokemon in the past, but it's a whole lot better than I expected it to be. I was always afraid that we'd get another Squirtle or Totodile-esque Water Starter in Generation 6, but Froakie's design is refreshing, and so is Fennekin's.

Quote Originally Posted by Ungoliath View Post
    So many puns we can make. :O

And I thought the same as well, Froakie has all the tickets to become the lean kickass machine.

Just keeping the hood and something woody will do it xD

Froakon? :O And well, it would be epic if it's well done.

And that picture...Reminds me why I don't like many of the fanarts for Chespin evolutions: They always forget something: Or the hood, or the tail, or the color scheme, or the spines, or the claws. The sleek one I like, but I feel like there is something missing between its legs and the rest of its body.
    Yeah, I argee about something being "missing." Maybe if there was a chestnut or leaf vest??

But, anywho, the picture represents more of a debate between the ideas as opposed to the images themselves. Where as Fennekin and Froakie have many possible designs alot of people have pretty much grouped Chespin's possibility into two categories: Sleek or Bulky.

Will we get a thief/assassin build or rock monster?? Will we get a sleek adventurer or chunky knight?? Will the ChesHood become a long cloak or a big bed of spine armor??
    MASTER Pkmn Team

i think with Fire, Steel and Rock it would work

I like the thief/assassin Chespin if its grass/dark but it is missing something... But the more bulky one looks like it would be grass/ground to me?

Friend Code: 2234 - 8338 - 9114

Quote Originally Posted by Ciccone View Post
    I kind of agree. I wouldn't say that Froakie is completely original since we've had tons of other frog Pokemon in the past, but it's a whole lot better than I expected it to be. I was always afraid that we'd get another Squirtle or Totodile-esque Water Starter in Generation 6, but Froakie's design is refreshing, and so is Fennekin's.
    I think Chespin in is the most original, because we've already got a couple of frog pokemon, and Fennekin looks a lot like Vulpix to me. Although Fennekin's evolutions will probably set it apart from the other fox pokemon, we have never had a hedgehog. Plus, all of the other grass starters have been reptiles. Chespin is a mammal.
    Last edited by Cherrim 8-); 31st January 2013 at 1:35 AM.
    Welp, my signature was deleted. Gimme a minute here.

All three of them look quite nice in my opinion. Il have to see their final evolutions before I make any decisions.

Spoiler:- Credits::

Well in a way Shaymin is a Hedgehog pokemon and its also grass.. ^^; But Chespin is the most unique looking hedgehog

Default Grass Starters

I'm choosing CHESPIN!!!! Grass pokemon are awesome! I've chosen grass starters ever since Turtwig. I have every grass starter lv. 100 on my Black 2. I look forward to raising Chespin. I hope it's final evolution is grass/dark. I do like Fenniken. It's soo cute. I've always been a fan of Ninetales as well, so foxes are cool. I'll have to trade and get a Fenniken. I'm hoping there will be a grass/dragon in generation 6. That would be sooo epic!
    75% of Pokemon gamers use cheats and specially made codes to make their pokemon battle-worthy. If you are one of the 25% percent that level their Pokemon up legally, put this in your signature. (Started by SkittyLover77)

I just find funny how everyone in other sites swear that Froakie will evolve into some kind of majestic, royal-looking pokemon, when he's actually based on a stereotypical japanese thief, iIm gonna guess Froakie will evolve into some kind of ninja frog thing, mostly because japanese have a thing for relating frogs to ninjas.

But Im going to assume that Im not the only one here who has thought about this, because I really dont feel like searching throught 330 pages to make sure.

Quote Originally Posted by Axl-fox View Post
    I just find funny how everyone in other sites swear that Froakie will evolve into some kind of majestic, royal-looking pokemon, when he's actually based on a stereotypical japanese thief, iIm gonna guess Froakie will evolve into some kind of ninja frog thing, mostly because japanese have a thing for relating frogs to ninjas.

But Im going to assume that Im not the only one here who has thought about this, because I really dont feel like searching throught 330 pages to make sure.
    This has been discussed before, a while ago when the talk was mostly on Froakie.

Also, it is technically incorrect to say Froakie is based on the stereotypical thief, unless you happen to have inside knowledge from Gamefreak and are leaking this information. Yes he does somewhat resemble the thieves, but as of yet we can not say for certain that is what he is based on (personally I think that it's a stretch, but I don't really care what he's based on, I just hope he's slim and fast in his final evolution).

that thief assassin chespin reminds me of ezio for some reason
    FC (White): 1248-9416-2795
    3DS FC: 1633-4254-1939
    Friend Safari: (Rock) Dwebble, Macargo, Barbaracle
    PM me if you want a battle or trade

Quote Originally Posted by Endless View Post
    What? You don't feel the testosterone rush through your veins when you look at Machamp's large, manly pecs?

What do you guys think of these fanmade evolutions for the starters?Fennekin is Fire/ghost,Chespin is Grass/steel and Froakie is Water/ice

http://24.media.tumblr.com/081815e25...8cflo1_500.png

I think Froakie's gonna be like a ninja/thief as well. That or some type of martial arts sage. As for Chespin, I like the slim design that was shown. The idea of the green section turning into a hooded jacket is wicked. Something I never thought of. He'll probably end up being some beast with spiky armor all over him though.
    Last edited by Cliffy T; 31st January 2013 at 4:08 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Chespin1 View Post
    What do you guys think of these fanmade evolutions for the starters?Fennekin is Fire/ghost,Chespin is Grass/steel and Froakie is Water/ice

Wow, I actually like these designs. They're the only fanart of the starters I'm satisfied with. If those are their evolutions, I won't be able to figure out which one I want.
    Disappearance: REWRITE (19/??)
    Author: Mitsukiharu (collaboration account)
    Summary: Legendary pokemon once resided with humans until war and bloodshed turned the center of Johto into a wasteland 150 years ago. The legendaries scattered to keep peace. 5 years after Red was defeated, he and the Green are in a situation like before war broke out. They must find the cause of the disappearances of the legendary pokemon or the world would be thrown into disarray.

My Personal FF Account l Ambition l Four Times The Charm l For The Love of Food! l Disappearance: REWRITE (collboration)

Quote Originally Posted by Chespin1 View Post

Fennekin's remind me too much of Glaceon because of the ears.

Page 265 of 1178 FirstFirst ... 165215255261262263264265266267268269275315365 ... LastLast