View Poll Results: Which starter would you use?

Voters
3150. You may not vote on this poll
  • Chespin

845 26.83%
  • Fennekin

1,329 42.19%
  • Froakie

849 26.95%
  • NONE, Dunsparce looks better

127 4.03%
Page 267 of 1178 FirstFirst ... 167217257263264265266267268269270271277317367 ... LastLast
Results 6,651 to 6,675 of 29437

Thread: Starter Speculation/Discussion Thread

Quote Originally Posted by skypatt View Post
    Oh my god.
    everybody wants fennekin
    Not really. Half of those votes are from the ones who say that Chespin is looking like Oshawott.
    It's a hate-vote.

Quote Originally Posted by Ungoliath View Post
    Not really. Half of those votes are from the ones who say that Chespin is looking like Oshawott.
    It's a hate-vote.
    Really? Why do people have so much hate for Chespin?

It's just a little grass starter didn't harm anyone.

Quote Originally Posted by DarkManager View Post

I dont get it either. I am soooo, picking chespin, but aparently people dilike him cuz they think he's a rip off of oshawott.
    #AlphaSapphire
    I am one of Jehovah's Witnesses.
    If you have a question about my religion, or wish to discuss my religion, the Bible, or anything related to this topic, feel free to PM or VM me, take a look at the information in my profile or visit our official website.

I don't dislike any of them, I just want Fennekin the most.

Oh, and I figured my idea probably wouldn't happen either.

I prefer Chespin and Froakie.

Quote Originally Posted by ansem the wise View Post
    I dont get it either. I am soooo, picking chespin, but aparently people dilike him cuz they think he's a rip off of oshawott.
    And they get fussy when you say that Fennekin is a Vulpix rip off(Not saying that it is because it's not to me and Chespin is not a rip off of Oshy)

Yes that is a Female Dino Charge Red. It's a FanFic thing
    3DS FC: 3995-6518-0794

Quote Originally Posted by DarkManager View Post

I know. Even if you don't like a Pokemon's design, you can still find some redeeming quality in it. And most starters are ridiculously cute, so they give me the 'aww, I wanna cuddle you coz nobody else loves you' if they're not very attractive. I think people are starting to go a little crazy from the waiting, also. When we're not given new info on a regular basis you get a kind of cabin fever that makes you stare at stuff until it turns into other stuff:

'Look at Chespin over there, with his derpy face, being all derpy. *narrows eyes* In fact, he kind of looks like Oshawott. That's weird...oh, my god. It's Oshawott in disguise! Gamefreak have completely run out of ideas and now they're trying to smuggle in OLD starters as new ones, in hoodies! Now I think of it, Fennekin is just an anorexic Zorua dressed as Vulpix! It's a conspiracy, I tell you!'

And so on.
    - Hiatus Notice -

I'm sorry to do this, but I won't be posting in the Serebii Discussion Forums anymore. My account here will remain open for trading/chatting with friends, but please be patient for a reply as my visits here will be fewer.

I've left for the greener pastures of Bulbagarden Forums, where free speech is still allowed and the rules are followed by all, including those who enforce them.

It's been a fun 3 years ~

Froakie for me. But they all look interesting, I'm really diggin' these designs.
    [IMG]http://i52.*******.com/biqn8o.png[/IMG]

I didn't get that Chespin looks like Oshawott, all I thought was: Vulpix+Zorua=Fennekin.
    Also, at the time was: Yeah Froakie!!!
    *Insert Some Cool Image Here*

I like them all but Fennekin is still my favorite. I've always liked the Fire-starters the most.

Credits to Sworn Metalhead for the awesome banner!

Which is hilarious because Fennekin is a Zoura/Vulpix hybrid and the water toad branch has been done many times.
    Chespin shows the least signs of copying if you ask me.
    Y Team: Delphox, Venusaur (Mega), Blaziken, Absol, Aegislash, Florges
    PROUD TO DONATE GOOD POKEMON TO THE WONDER TRADE!
    But I swear to Arceus if you give me a Dedenne, I will find you.
    3DS Friend Code: 2036-7115-4768
    (my safari zone really sucks... sorry. IT HAS DEDENNE. STUPID KARMA.)
    <<R.I.P.
    HELLO HERE'S MY FANFICTION

Mod note: Signature should have have font size larger than 3.
    Lux note: You're right, it should.

I also talk about Pokemon stuffs here. (and the link works now.)

Quote Originally Posted by Luxvan View Post
    Which is hilarious because Fennekin is a Zoura/Vulpix hybrid and the water toad branch has been done many times.
    Chespin shows the least signs of copying if you ask me.
    Fennekin is a Glameow when it comes to design! But there are so many Pokemon, of course some are going to look alike.. That's fine with me, these starters are awesome and I will use all three during the game I don't care that Fennekin has similarities with Zorua/Glameow/Ninetales/Vulpix, or Froakie with Croagunk and other frogs and a bit of Chimchar, and Chespin a bit of Oshawott/Scraggy/Piplup.. They also have enough differences in typing, design and probably also movesets and stats. As long as they keep a nice design throughout their evolutions I'll be happy! I actually really like the design of all three starters this generation from the beginning, I wasn't too happy about some other ones right away, Tepig and evolutions and Piplup and evolutions were a bit more difficult for me to get used to, but after playing with them a while I started to like them too.

Quote Originally Posted by Drohn View Post
    Fennekin is a Glameow when it comes to design! But there are so many Pokemon, of course some are going to look alike.. That's fine with me, these starters are awesome and I will use all three during the game I don't care that Fennekin has similarities with Zorua/Glameow/Ninetales/Vulpix, or Froakie with Croagunk and other frogs and a bit of Chimchar, and Chespin a bit of Oshawott/Scraggy/Piplup.. They also have enough differences in typing, design and probably also movesets and stats. As long as they keep a nice design throughout their evolutions I'll be happy! I actually really like the design of all three starters this generation from the beginning, I wasn't too happy about some other ones right away, Tepig and evolutions and Piplup and evolutions were a bit more difficult for me to get used to, but after playing with them a while I started to like them too.
    Agreed when you said Pokemon are destined to look alike (Tepig will forever rest in the dark, angry depths of my soul). We're gonna have at least 750 Pokemon when X&Y come out. When Gen5 brought more original designes like Vanilluxe (WHO IS A BALLER), people got angry. Poor Sugimori will never win.
    Y Team: Delphox, Venusaur (Mega), Blaziken, Absol, Aegislash, Florges
    PROUD TO DONATE GOOD POKEMON TO THE WONDER TRADE!
    But I swear to Arceus if you give me a Dedenne, I will find you.
    3DS Friend Code: 2036-7115-4768
    (my safari zone really sucks... sorry. IT HAS DEDENNE. STUPID KARMA.)
    <<R.I.P.
    HELLO HERE'S MY FANFICTION

Mod note: Signature should have have font size larger than 3.
    Lux note: You're right, it should.

I also talk about Pokemon stuffs here. (and the link works now.)

Fennekin is a Glameow when it comes to design! But there are so many Pokemon, of course some are going to look alike.. That's fine with me, these starters are awesome and I will use all three during the game I don't care that Fennekin has similarities with Zorua/Glameow/Ninetales/Vulpix, or Froakie with Croagunk and other frogs and a bit of Chimchar, and Chespin a bit of Oshawott/Scraggy/Piplup.. They also have enough differences in typing, design and probably also movesets and stats. As long as they keep a nice design throughout their evolutions I'll be happy!
    Thank Arceus! There's someone I agree with. We know of 654 Pokemon with the addition of formes. There will be a few Pokemon looking like one another. It's getting annoying now. (>.<)

Quote Originally Posted by Demon Kitsune Yoko Kurama View Post
    Thank Arceus! There's someone I agree with. We know of 654 Pokemon with the addition of formes. There will be a few Pokemon looking like one another. It's getting annoying now. (>.<)
    yeah, and there are some people who get REALLY mad when you say that fennekin looks like vulpix/glameow/zorua etc.
    And that is basically what i tell them.
    #AlphaSapphire
    I am one of Jehovah's Witnesses.
    If you have a question about my religion, or wish to discuss my religion, the Bible, or anything related to this topic, feel free to PM or VM me, take a look at the information in my profile or visit our official website.

Quote Originally Posted by Luxvan View Post
    Agreed when you said Pokemon are destined to look alike (Tepig will forever rest in the dark, angry depths of my soul). We're gonna have at least 750 Pokemon when X&Y come out. When Gen5 brought more original designes like Vanilluxe (WHO IS A BALLER), people got angry. Poor Sugimori will never win.
    i think vanilluxe was designed by james turner, and it has a crap design i like most pokemon but i hate vanilluxe.

Quote Originally Posted by spiller View Post
    i think vanilluxe was designed by james turner, and it has a crap design i like most pokemon but i hate vanilluxe.
    Unfortunately I have to agree, vanillite's tree just did not have good concept, design, or anything at all that would make me ever use them. Ice cream, to double scoop ice cream? Come on

AMPHAROS FOREVER. I'm going to have a fit if you cant catch a early on in X and Y!!!

Click on the egg to help it hatch! Trying to get a mareep! P.S. Feel free to click on my other Pokemon too!

Tepig will, too. Along with most Pokemon from 5th Generation.
    This actually the first time where I like ALL the starters, I think I'll chose when the finals are revealed.
    For right now, I'm getting Froakie.

Quote Originally Posted by Ampharoid View Post
    Unfortunately I have to agree, vanillite's tree just did not have good concept, design, or anything at all that would make me ever use them. Ice cream, to double scoop ice cream? Come on
    Well there's nothing wrong with the concept of using ice cream, and it's evolution line makes sense. Nothing wrong with the design either.
    3DS Friend Code: 3153-4608-8374
    Friend Safari: Steel(Ferroseed, Forretress, and Bronzong)

I was hoping for the shinies for the Soft Serves were going to be chocolate.
    But NOPE! Bowl changes to purple, a slight difference.

Quote Originally Posted by gliscor&yanmega View Post
    Well there's nothing wrong with the concept of using ice cream, and it's evolution line makes sense. Nothing wrong with the design either.
    I don't want to criticize, I love the series no matter what. It's just one of my personal least favorite designs

AMPHAROS FOREVER. I'm going to have a fit if you cant catch a early on in X and Y!!!

Click on the egg to help it hatch! Trying to get a mareep! P.S. Feel free to click on my other Pokemon too!

every pokemon is a rip off of something these days

I agree with most of this =D. Apart from the Chespin Scraggy(worst name in pokemon) resemblance =P. Everyone here will see different resemblances in starters, for example I think Chespin looks nothing like Oshawott, but that is my opinion, several others will think different.
    Let's be honest guys, these starters probably exceeded alot of expectations after gen 5... It was terrible, with some terrible pokemon, but had a few nice ones (Reniclus, Zoroark and Volcarona!). So what these new starters MAY resemble old Pokemon. There are only a certain amount of animals they can base them on. But as said countless times prior to this, they will probably differ on evolution.
    People should give them a chance or next thing we'll get a STRAWBERRY ice cream with SPRINKLES.
    My Shiny Pokemon:

5th Gen:
    ;Emolga; ;Solosis;

6th Gen:
    Greninja ;Volcarona; (X2) Aegislash ;Lampent; Diggersby

Luvin' the t'wigs <3
    3DS fc: Paddy 2621-3316-5077 (Pm if you add me)

The Vanillite line is no worse than some of Gen. 1's unoriginal designs (Voltorb/Electrode, Grimer/Muk, and all that).

People just criticize it because it's the Gen. 5 is the current thing, and the only reason Gen. 1 can get away with unoriginal Pokemon design is because there was nothing to compare it to. Honestly, if the Vanillite line came out in Gen. 1, nobody would have cared, and nobody would be criticizing it today.

Give it time. After awhile, most people will forget it exists and remember the so-called "cool" Pokemon in Gen. 5, because that's just how things work.

EDIT: And am I the only one that actually prefers the Gen. 5 starters over these ones? :/ The only starter I like in this gen. is Froakie, whereas the only starter I hated in gen. 5 was Tepig.

Quote Originally Posted by PaddysTurtwigFanClub View Post
    I agree with most of this =D. Apart from the Chespin Scraggy(worst name in pokemon) resemblance =P. Everyone here will see different resemblances in starters, for example I think Chespin looks nothing like Oshawott, but that is my opinion, several others will think different.
    Let's be honest guys, these starters probably exceeded alot of expectations after gen 5... It was terrible, with some terrible pokemon, but had a few nice ones (Reniclus, Zoroark and Volcarona!). So what these new starters MAY resemble old Pokemon. There are only a certain amount of animals they can base them on. But as said countless times prior to this, they will probably differ on evolution.
    People should give them a chance or next thing we'll get a STRAWBERRY ice cream with SPRINKLES.
    Generation 5 wasn't terrible, it was the same as all generations, the Pokemon are going to be of different value for everyone.

Also, there's actually a lot of Animals they can use to base Pokemon on(Not including sub-species, including them would make it even more amount of Animals they can use).

Quote Originally Posted by skypatt View Post
    every pokemon is a rip off of something these days
    They aren't. Some Pokemon have similar concepts or even designs, but that doesn't make them "rip offs", they end up being different in the end. Not 100% sure if your being sarcastic or not though.

Quote Originally Posted by Ampharoid View Post
    I don't want to criticize, I love the series no matter what. It's just one of my personal least favorite designs
    It's fine to have personal dislike on something, nothing is ever going to be universally liked or disliked. However, personal dislike on something doesn't mean the thing in question is bad in any way.
    3DS Friend Code: 3153-4608-8374
    Friend Safari: Steel(Ferroseed, Forretress, and Bronzong)

Page 267 of 1178 FirstFirst ... 167217257263264265266267268269270271277317367 ... LastLast