View Poll Results: Which starter would you use?

Voters
3150. You may not vote on this poll
  • Chespin

845 26.83%
  • Fennekin

1,329 42.19%
  • Froakie

849 26.95%
  • NONE, Dunsparce looks better

127 4.03%
Page 269 of 1178 FirstFirst ... 169219259265266267268269270271272273279319369 ... LastLast
Results 6,701 to 6,725 of 29437

Thread: Starter Speculation/Discussion Thread

Quote Originally Posted by Ungoliath View Post
    Well, I never liked half of the Pokemon there is to be honest. I hate when people blame a whole generation for some bad Pokemon. Because let's face it: Vanillite is not a good Pokemon. BUT Gen V had some GREAT Pokemon.

This generation, however, somehow feels different.
    I agree. ALL generations have their ups and downs; 6th isn't any exception.
    I don't see why people still insist their opinion is law. Really.

Quote Originally Posted by Rio! View Post
    I agree. ALL generations have their ups and downs; 6th isn't any exception.
    I don't see why people still insist their opinion is law. Really.
    In case you haven't noticed, we've only seen five Pokemon in Gen 6 so far. Buf I agree with you on the opinion thing. Not everything you say is true.

I'm really excited to see more Pokemon. I really want to see a cool bird Pokemon, like a ghost type owl, and maybe a decent electric type. But we can't stop without a few cool dark types.
    I'm awesome

Let's just get back to talking about the Gen 6 starters like this thread was intended for :P
    Steel is the type of science

Quote Originally Posted by Ungoliath View Post
    A poor design, an awful defense (Since Fighting is strong against it's not something that you can call "good" or efficient )and It has an extremely shallow movepool. When it comes to design, the whole line evolution is only an abuse of the original concept repeated without any good twist about it. I actually like Vanillite, Vanillish is a good evolution when it comes to design but...Vanilluxe is just one more body attached to it. Which is awful.

In that regard, it's why I never liked other Pokemon with such characteristics anyway. I think Electrode, Magnemite, Klink line and even Sololosis line sucks because they couldn't take the concept further and explore the shape a bit more. With this I mean...We could have lived without Duosion, Magneton, Klang, Voltorb, or Vanilluxe and you wouldn't miss anything. Because the other missing stages, the final ones, doesn't bring anything interesting to the table when it comes to design.
    Anyway, at least Magnezone is damn useful.

And yes, there is something wrong. Obviously, taste is something we shouldn't discuss because there is something for each one. But design is a bit more of a fine matter and it can be discussed with technical terms.
    Nothing wrong with it's design. Most Pokemon's design are generally an expansion on the original concept, it's called "evolution" not "random change that makes no sense at all", even Remoraid into Octillery is explained by the fact the former has a gun worked into it's concept and the latter has a cannon(Cannon > Gun). As for ice cream, the only logical way to go is to up the type of ice cream, Vanillite is an ice cream cup, Vanillish an ice cream cone, Vanilluxe seems to have a few different types of ice cream worked into it, regardless it's more advance then just an ice cream cone. You don't have to like what they did for your own personal reasons, but that's all it is, personal reasons, it doesn't make what you dislike in any way bad or anything.

It's Defense is average(83 is the average for fully evolved Pokemon). What difference does it make if Fighting is strong against it or not anyways, every type has weakness besides Dark/Ghost. More over, plenty of Pokemon have some stat that is average or below yet are still perfectly usable. In-game, pretty much everything is usable.

Again, nothing wrong with any Pokemon. In the end, designs are nothing but subjective, the only thing relating to designs that can really be put up for debate is stuff that would be offensive or inappropriate.
    3DS Friend Code: 3153-4608-8374
    Friend Safari: Steel(Ferroseed, Forretress, and Bronzong)

Quote Originally Posted by Ironfish View Post
    Let's just get back to talking about the Gen 6 starters like this thread was intended for :P
    Oh, screw it. I thought this was the Dex thread. :3

Well, ok. Who else here is a Chespin fan? And what do people think will be secondary types for ALL the starters? Or if they will have any at all? And any evo ideas, people, because they could start a decent discussion.

Done.
    I'm awesome

Quote Originally Posted by Räven View Post

Well, ok. Who else here is a Chespin fan? And what do people think will be secondary types for ALL the starters? Or if they will have any at all? And any evo ideas, people, because they could start a decent discussion.

Done.
    thank you :P

i think/hope it will be

Grass/Dark
    A fast ninja-like hedgehog maybe a blue shiny sprite :P

Fire/Psychic
    Like Something out of native-American legends

Water/Fighting
    Gentlemanly boxer
    Last edited by Ironfish; 1st February 2013 at 2:56 AM.

Gen 5 gave me Bisharp so im biased
    “Three Rings for the Elven-kings under the sky,
    Seven for the Dwarf-lords in halls of stone,
    Nine for Mortal Men, doomed to die,
    One for the Dark Lord on his dark throne
    In the Land of Mordor where the Shadows lie.
    One Ring to rule them all, One Ring to find them,
    One Ring to bring them all and in the darkness bind them.
    In the Land of Mordor where the Shadows lie.”
    ― J.R.R. Tolkien, The Lord of the Rings

"And through me the Ring will gain an even greater power."
    ― J.R.R. Tolkien, The Fellowship of the Ring

Who's the greater wizard? Gandalf or his creator?

Quote Originally Posted by strikeZone13 View Post
    Gen 5 gave me Bisharp so im biased
    please sir this is the gen 6 starter discussion thread don't post near irrelevant stuff :P

Done.
    Me here. I love chespin.

I hope: grass/fighting

Fire/psychic

Water/electric

See my last post about three European archetypes.
    Sig edited due to exceeding height limit. Read the signature rules before editing your signature.

we were talking about poor designs so....

Quote Originally Posted by Ghosts of the Forums View Post
    Me here. I love chespin.

I hope: grass/fighting

Fire/psychic

Water/electric

See my last post about three European archetypes.
    i hope froakie is not water/electric we have enough of those and there good water/fighting makes a bit more realistic but who am I to say what realistic a pokemon game :P

i hope froakie is not water/electric we have enough of those and there good water/fighting makes a bit more realistic but who am I to say what realistic a pokemon game :P
    We sir, need to fight. I will be fine with any type except fighting for Froakie. I really hope for flying, but who gives a **** anymore. And we have three water electrics, btw.
    Sig edited due to exceeding height limit. Read the signature rules before editing your signature.

There's only two. ._. Chinchou and Lanturn with the addition of Wash Forme Rotom.

we were talking about poor designs so....
    This is a thread for the starter pokemon, not what designs were bad and what designs were cool, to me that doesn't matter because i like anything Gamefreak comes up with.

for me i like Fennekin and Chespin, but i will most likely start off with Fennekin, but that will depend on what the evolutions will provide for us, i hope they don't make Fennekin a fire fighting because that is starting to become a little redundant.
    Ash: Serena what are you doing
    Serena: from now on Ash, you should call me your little pikachu

http://www.fanfiction.net/s/9745729/3/Seperate-Roads
    friend code friend safari, trade and battle 0962 9543 3828

Water fighting froakie would MAKE gen 6 for me.

I'm up for any Type as long as the Fire starter is not Fire/Fighting again and they are all not Pure Types. I want them to go the D/P/Pt route and make all the starters have secondary typing.

FC: 4699-6505-4258
    IGN: Diva

Done.
    ^This

i think/hope it will be

Grass/Dark

Fire/Psychic

Water/Fighting
    Gentlemanly boxer
    You and I have almost the EXACT same hopes for the Starters...

I'm in love with the idea of Chespin becoming a speedy thief/assassin/ninja type. Where as I don't like the Grass/Dark type combo (Shiftry isn't all that great for a reason...), I'd completely accept it if we got this kind of evo. Grass/Fighting isn't much better but Breloom makes it work so...whatever. I wasn't too fond of the idea of Chepsin taking on a bulky rock monster look, BUT Grass/Rock is a great combo so I'd be fine with that. Grass/Steel would be AWESOME but only if done correctly. Like an assassin knight...

Spoiler:- Something like this...only more Pokemon-y:

I really don't care how Fennekin turns out. As long as she...
    ...1.) Keeps her enchanting appeal
    ...2.) Get's a nice dual type (Psychic, Dark, Ghost, or even Ice!!)
    ...3.) Does NOT turn out to be Fire/FIGHTING!!!

I'm cool with however Froakie turns out too. But, it has to be epic. Martial artist, wizard, theif,whatever. Just give me good typing and good design.
    Last edited by LeoP2008; 1st February 2013 at 5:29 AM.
    MASTER Pkmn Team

Dunno if anyone said this already but I hope Froakie's final evolution is fast. The previous water starters have never topped base 79 speed. But then, it's a frog, so it mightn't... Ninja frogs anyone?

Water fighting froakie would MAKE gen 6 for me.
    Hope, this water fighting speculation turns out to be correct, i'd love to have the equivalent of Infernape/Blaziken as a water pokemon.
    Also await Fennekin Final stage.
    ミュウツー

Well, ok. Who else here is a Chespin fan?
    A Chespin fan here! xD

i think/hope it will be

Grass/Dark

Fire/Psychic

Water/Fighting
    Gentlemanly boxer
    I like the idea seeing the combination type in each starter makes the battle more competitive, as you can very well see. For such a long time, I cannot see the possibility of having a starter evo get one of those fiercest types available (dark/psychic/ghost/dragon) for the reason to balance them out with other pokemon.

A grass/fighting Chespin for me, given its body structure, but a grass/steel would be great as well. I don't wanna see another half ground anyway.
    Fire alone for Fennekin and no to fire/fighting.
    I have a bigger expectation from Froakie. Becoming a fast pokemon, (but contradicts what I say) I like it to be a part psychic.

Quote Originally Posted by icebolt View Post
    Dunno if anyone said this already but I hope Froakie's final evolution is fast. The previous water starters have never topped base 79 speed. But then, it's a frog, so it mightn't... Ninja frogs anyone?
    Yes please!

Also Dream World ability Swift Swim

lol, amazed at how many people are bashing gen 5. it was great, and it's not only me who thinks so. b/w was rated 87% on metacritic and got 40/40 from famitsu, i think it was only the 15th game to get a perfect score from famitsu. just saying the general consensus is that it's been the best generation yet. i mean geez, we even had the automatic "you ran out of repels. do you want to use another repel?" message in b2/w2 which for me was the epitome of greatness hahaha. also my most hated pokemon is from gen 1-jynx. it's so racist it's crazy, and changing its color to purple doesn't help cuz it's pretty clear what it's supposed to be (i'm not black btw).

back on topic now

this is my favorite fake evolution of fennekin. it'd be perfect if that ear hair wasn't crazy long
    282982_390794134348147_376600636_n.jpg
    and my favorite fake evo of froakie:
    http://th01.deviantart.net/fs70/200H...17-d5sun8e.png
    and my favorite evo of froakie. love the armstrong from fma reference.

If Fennekin's final stage were fire/fighting... then I won't mind if they make Chespin grass/ground and Froakie water/steel.

They all seem a little disappointing if I'm honest, I may have to ditch the starter swiftly and get another Pokemon.

Quote Originally Posted by Emrys View Post
    They all seem a little disappointing if I'm honest, I may have to ditch the starter swiftly and get another Pokemon.
    Different strokes got different folks. I think they all have redeeming qualities. Plus you don't even know what their evolutions look like. They could all end up as BAMF's in their final evolutions.

Page 269 of 1178 FirstFirst ... 169219259265266267268269270271272273279319369 ... LastLast