View Poll Results: Which starter would you use?

Voters
3150. You may not vote on this poll
  • Chespin

845 26.83%
  • Fennekin

1,329 42.19%
  • Froakie

849 26.95%
  • NONE, Dunsparce looks better

127 4.03%
Page 286 of 1178 FirstFirst ... 186236276282283284285286287288289290296336386 ... LastLast
Results 7,126 to 7,150 of 29437

Thread: Starter Speculation/Discussion Thread

Also, I guess it would be cool for a bear grass type, but it would be like the whole Dewott to Samurott thing again.

A rodent turning into a bear just doesn't fit. If Chespin as a bear some-how turns out as awesome as Samurott was, then maybe I'll just go along with it, but for now, my hopes are in other places.
    Pokemon Y Current Team

I don't like it either... I really want Fennekin to stay on all fours... We haven't had a single fire type that is on all fours, the only quadruped water type is Samurott... And that made ef all sense...

I'd like...
    Chespin to become a bear. - Maybe grass fighting...
    Fennekin to become a wolf. - I'd like a pure fire or fire psychic
    Froakie to not become anything lol stay a frog, a slim, slick frog. - I'd like him to be water fighting.

If what I want happens with Froakie and Fennekin then I want Chespin to be grass dark. *waits for hate and SOOOOO much talk about "terrible typing"

Friend Code: 2234 - 8338 - 9114

Quote Originally Posted by Ungoliath View Post
    Probably the most realistic fakes I've seen so far.
    Attachment 7982
    I like the way that artist thinks. That's exactly what I want their evolutions to be like. Or at least, similar.

The Fennekin evolution seems a tiny bit off from what I imagine but still highly believable if you ask me.
    Pokemon Y Current Team

I don't see where people are getting Benjamin Franklin from with Froakie. Those are not spectacles, their bubbles coming out of his nose. Stop watching the History Channel while playing Pokemon. What would a Benjamin Franklin Pokemon be like anyway? He'll fight by talking to the enemy and secretly be a complete pervert. Actually that could be kinda cool. Also no on making Fennekin evolve into a wolf. He should stay as a beautiful, majestic fox. That is what attracted people to him. Plus I like foxes. If they wanna make a wolf Pokemon make it the regional canine or an Ice wolf like people have mentioned before. They can put it alongside an Ice owl which I've wanted ever since I first played with Noctowl.
    Last edited by Cliffy T; 5th February 2013 at 5:15 AM.
    http://videogameclown.blogspot.com

This.

I really think GameFreak has begun noticing fan art and needs fresher ideas. Sure it wouldn't be as surprising if a deviantart-ist found out his or her art resembles the art of the Pokémon, but it would be pretty amazing to think that we, the consumers of this product, helped in making it better. Eight months to go now, so GameFreak may really be having a hard time designing things and coding them into the game.

It would be great if these Fakemons were inspiration of the actual designs.
    Looking for:
    - 5-6 IV Beldum Family Member (Non-English)
    - HA Fletchling Family Member
    - Drifloon Family Member (Non-English)

Quote Originally Posted by cliffy t View Post
    i don't see where people are getting benjamin franklin from with froakie. Those are not spectacles, their bubbles coming out of his nose. Stop watching the history channel while playing pokemon. What would a benjamin franklin pokemon be like anyway? He'll fight by talking to the enemy and secretly be a complete pervert. Actually that could be kinda cool. Also no on making fennekin evolve into a wolf. He should stay as a beautiful, majestic fox. That is what attracted people to him. Plus i like foxes. If they wanna make a wolf pokemon make it the regional canine or an ice wolf like people have mentioned before. They can put it alongside an ice owl which i've wanted since i first played with noctowl.
    oh god thank you
    “Three Rings for the Elven-kings under the sky,
    Seven for the Dwarf-lords in halls of stone,
    Nine for Mortal Men, doomed to die,
    One for the Dark Lord on his dark throne
    In the Land of Mordor where the Shadows lie.
    One Ring to rule them all, One Ring to find them,
    One Ring to bring them all and in the darkness bind them.
    In the Land of Mordor where the Shadows lie.”
    ― J.R.R. Tolkien, The Lord of the Rings

"And through me the Ring will gain an even greater power."
    ― J.R.R. Tolkien, The Fellowship of the Ring

Who's the greater wizard? Gandalf or his creator?

Errr just looking at Froakie because of everyone's talk about him, I just thought, look at froakies face...
    http://media.giantbomb.com/uploads/1..._art300dpi.jpg

Then look at this picture of a helmet...
    http://www.requiemstore.co.uk/images/D/105069-2.jpg
    And...
    http://www.hurstwic.org/history/arti...g/pix/helm.jpg

.... Maybe he will be a knight?

I also agree with cliffy now... Fennekin should stay fox like! And make an ice type husky/wolf pokemon!!

empoleon was sort of based/named after napoleon so..

BASED its a penguin....
    “Three Rings for the Elven-kings under the sky,
    Seven for the Dwarf-lords in halls of stone,
    Nine for Mortal Men, doomed to die,
    One for the Dark Lord on his dark throne
    In the Land of Mordor where the Shadows lie.
    One Ring to rule them all, One Ring to find them,
    One Ring to bring them all and in the darkness bind them.
    In the Land of Mordor where the Shadows lie.”
    ― J.R.R. Tolkien, The Lord of the Rings

"And through me the Ring will gain an even greater power."
    ― J.R.R. Tolkien, The Fellowship of the Ring

Who's the greater wizard? Gandalf or his creator?

Quote Originally Posted by GenosectArceus View Post
    This.

I really think GameFreak has begun noticing fan art and needs fresher ideas. Sure it wouldn't be as surprising if a deviantart-ist found out his or her art resembles the art of the Pokémon, but it would be pretty amazing to think that we, the consumers of this product, helped in making it better. Eight months to go now, so GameFreak may really be having a hard time designing things and coding them into the game.

I doubt they are going to use other people's creations as their own, or even as inspiration. They can, and have, managed just fine so far. I'm pretty sure they always announce the games with a large amount of months until the games are released. 5th generation was announced around February and Black and White came out in September, that's around 7 months, only two less, not sure on the others.
    3DS Friend Code: 3153-4608-8374
    Friend Safari: Steel(Ferroseed, Forretress, and Bronzong)

http://th01.deviantart.net/fs70/PRE/...ai-d5r2g5w.png

I like these evolutions but again... It's not what I REALLY want, I want Chespin to become a bear but I just know he's gonna become like some type of rodent.

Quote Originally Posted by GenosectArceus View Post
    This.

Interesting idea but I'm sure they've had the starters fully designed for a long time now.

Quote Originally Posted by Cliffy T View Post
    Interesting idea but I'm sure they've had the starters fully designed for a long time now.
    This, along with the fact that if the artist have no ideas, they'll just be fired and replaced.

There are tons of water types in the sea.
    Venemo Oscuridad - 6 Battles
    If I get agitated or embarrassed, I have a tendency to say stupid things as a cover up. Think nothing of it.

Has no one noticed my previous post and what I think about Froakie getting a helmet? I was quite happy with my idea... Lol!

If anyone is getting a helmet it's gonna be Chespin.

Quote Originally Posted by Cliffy T View Post
    If anyone is getting a helmet it's gonna be Chespin.
    We shall see but I think it will become more of a type of mane than a helmet...

The type for the starters at the moment is confirmed right? They are not duel types yet right?

Quote Originally Posted by Ultimate Puppyshipper View Post
    The type for the starters at the moment is confirmed right? They are not duel types yet right?
    I think it is confirmed that at the moment, yeah they are just grass, fire and water

Good cause someone thought they were grass/dark fire/psychic water/fighting

Quote Originally Posted by DarkManager View Post
    Oh, right.
    Another evolution for Chespin.

Spoiler:- From Pixiv:
    This is the best design I've seen since the Chespin assassin evo...

Man, I don't care if Chespin becomes Grass/Rock, Grass/Ground, Grass/Poison, Grass/Electric or Grass/Steel...just makes him epic...and not Excadrill. Can you imagine how much the haters would flame Chespin??...

"So the Oshawott clone became an Excadrill clone?? HA!!!"

...The 1st mammalian Grass Starter deserves a good welcoming...
    MASTER Pkmn Team

Honestly I only really care about Froakie at this point. Chespin can be whatever, and secretly I wouldn't care if Fennekin evolved into Fire/Fighting.

EDIT:
    Just saw this-

Quote Originally Posted by Some Website
    Froakie evo's: Water/Flying. We've been told it's Water, so that's easy to guess It's name sounds like both a combo of Frog and Croak but also Froth, relating to the wispy stuff around it's neck. Froth is just a mass of bubbles in or on a liquid. Bubbles are basically water aroun' air. Air, or wind, is basically Flying type. The frothy neck stuff also reminds me of clouds, again relating to flying (Thundurus, Tornadus aaand Landorus are prime examples).

Fennekin evo's: Fire/Fighting. Don't hate me xD I say it's Fighting since it's name is derived from a Fennec Fox. Which are able to jump really far and high. Yes, I believe Fennekin's third evolution is some kind of weird Kangaroo thing.

Chespin evo's: Grass/Rock. Derived from Chestnut. I say Rock due to nut's obviously not being the most breakable things in the world, and because it's also supposed to be based on a Hedgehog. If it's third evo rolls up like a Hedgehog, I can imagine it looking just like a nut. A rock hard nut.

I also just realised this, each of them are super-effective against one of the other with each of their typings. Water/Flying beat Fire/Fighting, Fire/Fighting beats Grass/Rock, which can beat Water/Flying and such. Interesting...
    Last edited by Ryan7437; 5th February 2013 at 6:50 AM.

If Fennekin magically becomes a fire fighting kangaroo I'm washing my hands of pokemon... One of the biggest and longest love of my life but I will be done. Completely and utterly done.

While Rock>Fighting>Flying>Rock is indeed another roshambo type set, it isn't as good as the Psychic>Dark>Fighting>Psychic because two of those three physical types that you named are not only powerful against themselves but also the main types, thus throwing off the balance.

For instance Water and Flying are super effective against both Fire and Fighting. While there is no x4, it still shows us that the Fire/Fighting type has NO advantages over the Water/Flying type.

Although I'm not going to say I expect the PsyDarkFight type matchup,
    I am definitely not against it. It's a cool idea. I just get annoyed when people say the starters are hinting at it or are more one type than another. We all have the same amount of information: a fire type fox, a water type frog, and a grass type rodent. That is ALL we know. So don't say someone is wrong. Disliking their speculation for personal opinion is one thing, saying they're wrong is another. We are all wrong until GF proves us right.
    Yeah, Pokémon's cool.

Quote Originally Posted by SlowPokeBroKing View Post
    While Rock>Fighting>Flying>Rock is indeed another roshambo type set, it isn't as good as the Psychic>Dark>Fighting>Psychic because two of those three physical types that you named are not only powerful against themselves but also the main types, thus throwing off the balance.

For instance Water and Flying are super effective against both Fire and Fighting. While there is no x4, it still shows us that the Fire/Fighting type has NO advantages over the Water/Flying type.

I am definitely not against it. It's a cool idea. I just get annoyed when people say the starters are hinting at it or are more one type than another. We all have the same amount of information: a fire type fox, a water type frog, and a grass type rodent. That is ALL we know. So don't say someone is wrong. Disliking their speculation for personal opinion is one thing, saying they're wrong is another. We are all wrong until GF proves us right.
    Actually, the Rock/Fighting/Flying triangle is the only other possible combination, as all three resist the type they are strong against, are neautral against each other, and SE against the remaining.

Psychic/Ark/Fighting is already corrupted in the sense that Dark does not resist Psychic,mit is Immune. And something else that corrupts it, is that while Dark and Fighting are neartral against themselves, Psychic resists itself.

Quote Originally Posted by SlowPokeBroKing View Post

But it is that case for all of them:
    - Fire and Fighting trump Grass and Rock, and the Fighting-type neutrals out the damage from Rock-type moves that would originally would've been 2x against a Fire-type.
    - Grass and Rock trump Water and Flying, and the Rock-type neutrals out the damage from Flying-type moves that would originally would've been 2x against a Grass-type.
    - Water and Flying trump Fire and Fighting.

By the way, it's not ALL we know. We know that Fennekin has the option to use Psychic attacks, we know that Chespin can likely use a Dark-type attack, and that Froakie can use melee type moves that look a lot like how Close Combat looks in the animé.
    Last edited by Locormus; 5th February 2013 at 8:57 AM.
    Answer to all the bad things in the world: Give up on trying to make everything better. Hence, accepting it for what it is. YOLO! <- Click the link and daw.. -.-

Page 286 of 1178 FirstFirst ... 186236276282283284285286287288289290296336386 ... LastLast