View Poll Results: Which starter would you use?

Voters
3150. You may not vote on this poll
  • Chespin

845 26.83%
  • Fennekin

1,329 42.19%
  • Froakie

849 26.95%
  • NONE, Dunsparce looks better

127 4.03%
Page 294 of 1178 FirstFirst ... 194244284290291292293294295296297298304344394 ... LastLast
Results 7,326 to 7,350 of 29437

Thread: Starter Speculation/Discussion Thread

Quote Originally Posted by Amanchu View Post
    actually fighting type isnt all that faster than fire type. Also except Infernape, the other 2 isnt exactly speed maniacs. Blaziken basically got saved by speed boost.

@sasaki, I actually cant see a bulky fire type as it defies fire being a glass cannon which it basically is.
    I know, it was just a failed joke on my part. I'm just still fearing that it WILL be a Fighting Type. Of course, if it's design is great, I won't mind much.
    Is apparantly Dragon Type in the Friend Safari. Neat.

One of these Spoilers has a very Hot Chick hidden. One has Yaoi. And one will eat your Soul. Choose at your own risk~

Spoiler:- Number 1:

Spoiler:- Number 2:

Spoiler:- Number 3:

Just found a very good fanart of fennekin evos on 4chan.

1360217001004.jpg

This is excatly what I want for Fennekin. Classy but fierce as the same time.

I really like the idea of the orange fur of his tail and ears blooming like that. Just perfect !

To be honest, I wish it could be the real stuff...

Quote Originally Posted by kicksjedi9 View Post
    I just don't think GF will go the Grass/Ground route again, this time..
    Are you talking about the same GF that went to Fire/Fighting route 3 times?

I hope Fennekin ends up staying as a quadruped all the way to its final form. The final forms of the Fire starters are always bipeds. Also, I hope Chespin stays as a biped when it evolves, because all but two of our (fully evolved) Grass-starters are quadrupeds and one of them has no legs.
    Grass starters:
    Gen 1: Quadruped
    Gen 2: Quadruped
    Gen 3: Biped
    Gen 4: Quadruped
    Gen 5: No legs

Fire starters:
    Gen 1: Biped
    Gen 2: Biped
    Gen 3: Biped
    Gen 4: Biped
    Gen 5: Biped

Water starters:
    Gen 1: Biped
    Gen 2: Biped
    Gen 3: Not really sure what to count it as
    Gen 4: Biped
    Gen 5: Quadruped
    FCs: 1564-3330-7308 (X) and 0361-6238-7128 (Y)
    Friend safari types: Fairy and Rock, respectively. PM me with your FC if you add me.

Typhlosion was actually both Biped and Quadruped and so was Swampert.

Yes that is a Female Dino Charge Red. It's a FanFic thing
    3DS FC: 3995-6518-0794

Quote Originally Posted by Yveltal96 View Post
    those are actually pretty close to what i was expecting except i didn't see froakie as mixed i was hoping for physical but i didn't consider that i wouldn't mind if he was a mixed attacker
    Well, I do need to overhaul Froakie's stats.

How about: 80/97/80/106/80/99 tota
    Sig edited due to exceeding height limit. Read the signature rules before editing your signature.

I'm still fairly certain that Froakie won't become a fighting type. It looks too studious and too laid back to give me that impression. The three starters we've had that have turned into fighting types looked like they could cause some mischief or something, but not Froakie.
    Hey Serebii, how you doing? Not sure how many of you guys from way back are out there, but just to let you know that I'm back, though I'm not sure how regularly I'll be on. Thanks for everything, and I hope I can continue to enjoy my time here!

3DS Friend Code: 2105 - 8928 - 6860

Looking for any breedable flawless Pokemon!

Quote Originally Posted by Psycho Cut View Post
    I'm still fairly certain that Froakie won't become a fighting type. It looks too studious and too laid back to give me that impression. The three starters we've had that have turned into fighting types looked like they could cause some mischief or something, but not Froakie.
    I don't see how Torchic, Chimchar, or Tepig looked like they could cause mischief or how that would reflect becoming part Fighting type. Torchic doesn't even have arms and Tepig is on all fours, I don't think most people would think they would becoming fighters upon evolving.
    3DS Friend Code: 3153-4608-8374
    Friend Safari: Steel(Ferroseed, Forretress, and Bronzong)

Well, Torchic was a chicken, and it was pretty clear there was going to be some kind of Cockfighting reference. Chimchar is a monkey, and we all know how monkeys are (Plus the Wukong speculation). Tepig doesn't have it as clear, but he was obviously going to evolve into a Boar, which leaves Ground and Fighting as basically the only options.

Quote Originally Posted by rocky505 View Post
    Typhlosion was actually both Biped and Quadruped and so was Swampert.
    And Feraligatr.

Each fully evolved form of a Fire starter has a had FIRE on it:
    Charizard=Tail
    Typhlosion=Shoulder/Back
    Blaziken=Wrists
    Infernape=Head
    Emboar=Beard
    Fennekin Evo=Hoping for Ears!
    *Insert Some Cool Image Here*

Actually I don't think Fennekin evo will have fire on it. I think it will just stay fluffy with more orange fur on it.

You're right, fire would be cool but I don't see where fire could appear. Maybe its tail...
    your signature was too tall. read the signature rules and use the signature check thread when in doubt.

[/B]
    Quote Originally Posted by ArdentSun View Post
    Well, Torchic was a chicken, and it was pretty clear there was going to be some kind of Cockfighting reference. Chimchar is a monkey, and we all know how monkeys are (Plus the Wukong speculation). Tepig doesn't have it as clear, but he was obviously going to evolve into a Boar, which leaves Ground and Fighting as basically the only options.
    Torchic being based off of a chicken makes it more likely to be part flying instead of fighting. I can see Chimchar being a fighting type but I thought Tepig would become part Ground since pigs can be dirty but a fighting type was not what I was expecting. Friskier has just as much a chance of being a fighting type as the other three.

You know I would love to see fire coming out of Fennekin's ears when it evolves. But we shall wait and see what GF will throw out at us. Same for the other two :-)
    ~Credits to SwornMetalhead for the Banner~

I actually think the fire will be on it's ankles if it stays quadruped.

Yes that is a Female Dino Charge Red. It's a FanFic thing
    3DS FC: 3995-6518-0794

Quote Originally Posted by calbut View Post
    Actually I don't think Fennekin evo will have fire on it. I think it will just stay fluffy with more orange fur on it.

You're right, fire would be cool but I don't see where fire could appear. Maybe its tail...
    Or it's ears.
    Check out my band's new EP! ... And like us on Facebook while you're at it!
    [IMG]http://oi49.*******.com/21mzpmr.jpg[/IMG]
    Hat by wolfy.

Anyone want to guess on shiny forms? I hope that Fennekin incorparates the colour pink... It's feminine appearance would suit with that colour.

Quote Originally Posted by YellowHat's Revenge View Post
    Or it's ears.
    Agreeing with this. Those ears do seem like they might get on fire later on the road.

Quote Originally Posted by ArdentSun View Post
    What about Torchic made it clear it would reference cockfighting apposed to just being a Chicken? Chimchar is the only one who I feel actually looks like it could have been Fighting. Fighting type isn't something that I imagine a Boar would be like. Point is that a type can be added to a Pokemon at any point which may not be so obvious.

Quote Originally Posted by YellowHat's Revenge View Post
    Or it's ears.
    That's what I'm hoping for. I can't see the fur in it's ear not being expanded on in some way, be it growth or turning to flames.

Would also give new meaning to "My ears are burning", and being a starter, it's ears might as well be burning all the time.
    3DS Friend Code: 3153-4608-8374
    Friend Safari: Steel(Ferroseed, Forretress, and Bronzong)

I think any fire in Fennekin's design should be more subtle. Maybe a few tufts around the feet. That would look nice, especially while he's running, while not looking to corny.
    http://videogameclown.blogspot.com

Quote Originally Posted by midnightfennekin View Post
    anyone want to guess on shiny forms? I hope that fennekin incorparates the colour pink... It's feminine appearance would suit with that colour.
    purple froakie whoop whoop

AMPHAROS FOREVER. I'm going to have a fit if you cant catch a early on in X and Y!!!

Click on the egg to help it hatch! Trying to get a mareep! P.S. Feel free to click on my other Pokemon too!

Quote Originally Posted by MidnightFennekin View Post
    Anyone want to guess on shiny forms? I hope that Fennekin incorparates the colour pink... It's feminine appearance would suit with that colour.
    Chespin = Body becomes more orange, green parts become darker.
    Fenniken = Yellow gold and red gets darker.
    Froakie = Light blue becomes darker and white becomes gray/silver.

Quote Originally Posted by MidnightFennekin View Post
    Still hoping for that blue colored Shiny Chespin. :3
    MASTER Pkmn Team

Personally I'd like Fennekin's shiny sprite to be a red or white color.

Froakie's shiny should be purple.

Chespin's shiny I think would look good orange.

I wonder what their evolution's names will be if they don't do a crazy swap animals thing.

I'm pretty happy with these starters looking like the best ones for a while IMO. I'm torn choosing which one to pick! I guess it will depend on their final forms, they could still evolve into a huge stupid looking disappointment yet. Also need to consider their types and the other new Pokemon released that will fit into my team. As long as Fennekon doesn't end up being fire/fighting I don't mind. I reckon Chespin will evolve into Grass/Fighting. Froakie into Water/Psychic? Even though I'd love Fennekon to evolve into Fire/Psychic I can imagine they'll just keep it pure fire type.

So hyped for them releasing new Pokemon, I only found out about this today

Page 294 of 1178 FirstFirst ... 194244284290291292293294295296297298304344394 ... LastLast