View Poll Results: Which starter would you use?

Voters
3150. You may not vote on this poll
  • Chespin

845 26.83%
  • Fennekin

1,329 42.19%
  • Froakie

849 26.95%
  • NONE, Dunsparce looks better

127 4.03%
Page 298 of 1178 FirstFirst ... 198248288294295296297298299300301302308348398 ... LastLast
Results 7,426 to 7,450 of 29437

Thread: Starter Speculation/Discussion Thread

Quote Originally Posted by strikeZone13 View Post
    The foam is on his back, why do people assume it will move to his head? or any other part of his body.
    Why not?

Quote Originally Posted by strikeZone13 View Post
    Froakie will prob end up as either Water/Fighting Water/Dark or pure water. water ice has been done too many times.
    That never stopped GF. Even considering just the starters, Fire/Fighting was done to death and they didn't seem to have any problem with it.

3DS Friend Code: 3582-9622-5627

I think I want to start with Froakie, since I think it looks really cute. Plus I've been starting with the Water type quite a bit lately (though I did choose Grass in Black 2).

Quote Originally Posted by DarkSword39 View Post
    I agree with the SECOND statement. I feel like they wanted to appeal to younger kids who haven't played Pokemon already.
    For those who've played Pokemon since Gold/Silver. They were pretty disappointed, like me.
    However, Black2/White2 helped the DISASTER Black/White caused in my heart.
    I played blue/red/yellow when they first came out as a kid and I loved bw/bw2.
    FCs
    White: 1808 0899 9334
    Whtie2: 3225 4503 3165

I agree with the SECOND statement. I feel like they wanted to appeal to younger kids who haven't played Pokemon already.
    For those who've played Pokemon since Gold/Silver. They were pretty disappointed, like me.
    You have sealed your fate. Prepare for disaster.
    It sounds odd, but I've been around since FireRed but my first personal game was White. I played it to death then sold it to buy a bookshelf. I regretted it some, but I feel fine now because of X and Y and besides, I have all my best pokes on my bro's copy.

Chespin could be pure grass, but I think he will be GRS/FGT or GRS/DRK
    Froakie may also be just water( there will likely be at least one monotype, as always. Barring Sinnoh) but could have a FGT type attached, but only if Chespin is monotype.
    Clauncher, Vivillon, Chespin... Here it comes!

Cool, Chespin's doing good in the polls now.

I'm hoping Chespin evolves into something really epic and with a cool name. I liked Samurotts design, but really. SamuROTT. Sounds like a rotting samurai.... ._.
    ~It's not always right or wrong, As long as your spirit's strong. It's not always win or lose, It's the road you choose; The answer's within.

It's not always black and white, But your heart always knows what's right.~

Quote Originally Posted by Crystal Power View Post
    Cool, Chespin's doing good in the polls now.

I'm hoping Chespin evolves into something really epic and with a cool name. I liked Samurotts design, but really. SamuROTT. Sounds like a rotting samurai.... ._.
    Haha. Yea, the ending of its English name always got to me. xD Its Japanese name on the other hand is more decent for me.

Quote Originally Posted by Papousse View Post
    Eh, what about this Chespin's evolution idea ?
    I wonder if that "blue-green" is there by creativity or something.. I like the color, but I would prefer it as green. But the idea, in general, is great ! What do you think, guys ?
    no tyhanks. and it looks more like a first then final evo.
    Sig edited due to exceeding height limit. Read the signature rules before editing your signature.

Quote Originally Posted by Demon Kitsune Yoko Kurama View Post
    Haha. Yea, the ending of its English name always got to me. xD Its Japanese name on the other hand is more decent for me.
    I agree, the Japanese name is very more decent.

Have anyone thought of names for the evolved starters? Probably not, it is more funner to draw them then come up with new names for them.
    ~It's not always right or wrong, As long as your spirit's strong. It's not always win or lose, It's the road you choose; The answer's within.

It's not always black and white, But your heart always knows what's right.~

Quote Originally Posted by Ghosts of the Forums View Post
    I never said it was the final evo... I don't know where did you get this idea.
    « Be the leaf... »

my deviantArt page
    my tumblr page

Quote Originally Posted by Ghosts of the Forums View Post
    It doesn't look like a final evo... well, does it ?
    A final evo must look big, taller, with details personally, and this picture doesn't represent what I am thinking of Chespin's final evo.

But, as a second stage, it could be awesome for a Grass/dark !
    Oh my Feebas !
    Newest Shiny !

Spoiler:- My Hunts and Shinies:

Quote Originally Posted by Papousse View Post
    I never said it was the final evo... I don't know where did you get this idea.
    Still, I think it doesn't belong as final or mid-evo. The middle-evolutions often look quite close to the original except bigger and with slightly more evolved features. Some are exceptions like Pignite and Combusken but stuff like Servine or Ivysaur are the norm. It looks to small to be the final evo yet too different from Chespin to be a mid-evo. It could work if the starters had 2-stage evos instead.
    Quote Originally Posted by Huspoel View Post
    You're saying some really smart stuff there.

Quote Originally Posted by Crystal Power View Post
    I agree, the Japanese name is very more decent.

Have anyone thought of names for the evolved starters? Probably not, it is more funner to draw them then come up with new names for them.
    Chespin, Chesclaw, Chesfang.
    Fennekin... That's all I got.
    *Insert Some Cool Image Here*

Fenneklash, Fennekill (If Fighting type, just saying)

Fenneknot, Fenneknow (If Psychic)

These are the best I got, Fenneknot and Fenneknow are the best I got for Psychic.
    -.-"

EDIT: As for Froakie, I gots:

Froamor (Froakie + Tremor), Frouake (Froakie + Quake) These are Ground type variations...

Frock (Frokie + Sock(Unlikely, could be seen as a replacement word)), Frick (Froakie + Kick(D***, I'm off the ball today)) Fighting variation

Frark (Froakie + Dark(What is wrong with me? T-T)), Fright (Froakie + Night(Man, this is not my day)) Dark type
    Last edited by Maya The Awesome; 8th February 2013 at 11:34 PM.

This supports the Water/Fighting for Froakie:
    A group of toads or frogs (I can't remember) is called an army.
    Stating the obvious: Armies fight.
    Edit: Fricken' Frick. Fright could be from the Fright.
    Last edited by DarkSword39; 8th February 2013 at 11:46 PM.

My prediction:

Chespin - Grass/Dark

Fennekin - Fire/Psychic

Froakie - Water/Fighting

That way, the Grass/Fire/Water cycle will be in effect, but ALSO, in reverse the Psychic/Fighting/Dark cycle.

I'm just guessing based off of each poke's second move in the trailer, Chespin looked like Night Slash, Fennekin looked like Psywave, Froakie looked like some type of fighting move (Close Combat?!)

Don't try and guess the names. Those who name them have far more experience than us, and can actually base it on the designs. We cannot, because we now get the names when they are revealed.
    Clauncher, Vivillon, Chespin... Here it comes!

Quote Originally Posted by Wintendo View Post
    You have sealed your fate. Prepare for disaster.
    It sounds odd, but I've been around since FireRed but my first personal game was White. I played it to death then sold it to buy a bookshelf. I regretted it some, but I feel fine now because of X and Y and besides, I have all my best pokes on my bro's copy.

Chespin could be pure grass, but I think he will be GRS/FGT or GRS/DRK
    Froakie may also be just water( there will likely be at least one monotype, as always. Barring Sinnoh) but could have a FGT type attached, but only if Chespin is monotype.
    I sealed my fate by getting the game. I didn't prepare for a disaster because I didn't know it was SO bad. Almost all the Pokemon were copied from the originals, guess which the best, the ORIGINALS of course.
    Zubat, Woobat they even sound the same!
    Last edited by DarkSword39; 9th February 2013 at 12:08 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Wildfyre View Post
    My prediction:

Chespin - Grass/Dark

Fennekin - Fire/Psychic

Froakie - Water/Fighting

That way, the Grass/Fire/Water cycle will be in effect, but ALSO, in reverse the Psychic/Fighting/Dark cycle.

I'm just guessing based off of each poke's second move in the trailer, Chespin looked like Night Slash, Fennekin looked like Psywave, Froakie looked like some type of fighting move (Close Combat?!)
    No offence, but this has been speculated about 1024 times before. For the record, Chespin's move was almost certainly Aerial Ace. Go look at it's Gen 5 animation. imo I think Froakie's move was Acrobatics. They definitely sound very similar.

And seriously, there are other type triangles besides the Psychic/Dark/Fighting triangle that people seem to force on the starters every generation. Gen 4 achieved the same effect with Fighting, Steel and Ground. For example we could have Fire/Psychic, Water/Poison and Grass/Rock(I see that leaf hood becoming Chestnut armour).

I sealed my fate by getting the game. I didn't prepare for a disaster because I didn't know it was SO bad. Almost all the were copied from the originals, guess which the best, the ORIGINALS of course.
    Zubat, Woobat they even sound the same!
    There were about 9 evolution lines in the game that bore resemblance to old pokemon. All of them, through stats and design managed to differentiate themselves from their counterparts in earlier generations. Woobat is part Psychic type and can kick butt with Calm Mind and Simple. Alomomola actually has decent stats unlike Luvdisc. Bouffalant focuses more on Defences than Tauros with speed. Jellicent is part Ghost which is a completely different type to Tentacruel's Water/Poison in terms of weaknesses/resistances. By this point, calling them mere copies is an exaggeration.
    Last edited by Aurath8; 9th February 2013 at 12:07 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Huspoel View Post
    You're saying some really smart stuff there.

Quote Originally Posted by Aurath8 View Post
    No offence, but this has been speculated about 1024 times before. For the record, Chespin's move was almost certainly Aerial Ace. Go look at it's Gen 5 animation. imo I think Froakie's move was Acrobatics. They definitely sound very similar.

And seriously, there are other type triangles besides the Psychic/Dark/Fighting triangle that people seem to force on the starters every generation. Gen 4 achieved the same effect with Fighting, Steel and Ground. For example we could have Fire/Psychic, Water/Poison and Grass/Rock(I see that leaf hood becoming Chestnut armour).

There were about 9 evolution lines in the game that bore resemblance to old pokemon. All of them, through stats and design managed to differentiate themselves from their counterparts in earlier generations. Woobat is part Psychic type and can kick butt with Calm Mind and Simple. Alomomola actually has decent stats unlike Luvdisc. Bouffalant focuses more on Defences than Tauros with speed. Jellicent is part Ghost which is a completely different type to Tentacruel's Water/Poison in terms of weaknesses/resistances. By this point, calling them mere copies is an exaggeration.
    Let me reword this, REPLACEMENTS. That doesn't really mean that they are good.
    Roggenrola=Geodude
    Woobat=Zubat
    Machop=Timburr
    Poliwag=Tympole
    Tentacool=Frillish
    I might even play Black again, to see if it is even CLOSE to my expectations.
    Last edited by DarkSword39; 9th February 2013 at 12:18 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Aurath8 View Post
    A reason I and many others think hell be a knight.

Oh sure, the one ****ing time I want auto-corrections to add an apostrophe, of course it doesn't. .-.
    Sig edited due to exceeding height limit. Read the signature rules before editing your signature.

I like the Water/Poison typing more than Water/Fighting in terms of usability, but let me ask why you think Froakie resembles or hints a Poison type?

Let me reword this, REPLACEMENTS. That doesn't really mean that they are good.
    Roggenrola=Geodude
    Woobat=Zubat
    Machop=Timburr
    Poliwag=Tympole
    Tentacool=Frillish
    I might even play Black again, to see if it is even CLOSE to my expectations.
    The simplest explanation for this is to look at it from a real-world biological standpoint. Because Unova is so far from the other regions, obviously other species will come into to fill the ecological niches the species on the other side of the world would. The Woobat line serves the same function as the cave-dwelling Zubat family, as does the Machop line with Timburr, and literally every other one you mentioned. They represent a certain part of the ecosystem, serving as predator or prey for the species they coexist with. Take the jungles of the Indian subcontinent and the Amazon. Similar climes, as Unova has to the other four regions, namely Kanto. The same species don't exist, but there are species that serve the same function.

The whole similarities thing was done intentionally, and I don't see why people have such a hard time understanding that. For the last time, GF was not and is currently not "running out of ideas". They put a lot of research into these games, observing the way real world animals interact with their environments to create the best possible roster of pokemon for the world they develop.

... says the guy who's been playing since Red version, and has as much right as anyone to be a genwunner, but is not. Because Gen V was really a masterstroke, whether a certain subset of the fandom believes it or not. The only real flaw of BW was the linearity of the gameplay, but even that was fixed in BW2.
    3DS FC: 0748-3041-6462

Fictionpress / Buy My Book! / Hero's Path

I played since Red/Blue and I did not felt any disappointment.

Of course, I'm not a hipster and a nostalgic person and every gen GF delivers me with at least 5 Pokemon which I absolutely adore. After all, you don't have to catch'em all.

Chespin, Chesclaw, Chesfang.
    Fennekin... That's all I got.
    Chespin, Cheskin, Chesknight :O

why is everyone so stuck on him becoming a knight?
    i kinda just want him to be a mole lol

Page 298 of 1178 FirstFirst ... 198248288294295296297298299300301302308348398 ... LastLast