View Poll Results: Which starter would you use?

Voters
3150. You may not vote on this poll
  • Chespin

845 26.83%
  • Fennekin

1,329 42.19%
  • Froakie

849 26.95%
  • NONE, Dunsparce looks better

127 4.03%
Page 304 of 1178 FirstFirst ... 204254294300301302303304305306307308314354404 ... LastLast
Results 7,576 to 7,600 of 29437

Thread: Starter Speculation/Discussion Thread

Quote Originally Posted by Drohn View Post
    http://de.digimon.wikia.com/wiki/Taomon <- I haven't played Digimon ever but it only took me two seconds to find it on google :P

To stay on topic, I also hope it stays on four legs, it would be the first fire starter to do so, and we've had them for each other type... Hopefully it doesn't evolve like Glameow (which it kind of looks like now) into something Pure Ugly though..
    ohhhh that would be cool if he looked like that

Quote Originally Posted by your boss View Post
    Except the fact that the fire/fighting Starters are completely based off of different origins.
    exactly charizard and typhlosion were bipedal

Ask me stupid stuff
    Credit for the Banner goes to Sworn Metalhead

Quote Originally Posted by Wintendo View Post
    Come to think of it, Chespin could end up being a quadruped as well...
    You're totally right, but that's a real obvious statement...

I'm hoping Chespin stays on two legs.

Spoiler:- mega wishlist:

I have claimed Empoleon, Super Mario Galaxy, and Rosalina!
    3DS FC- 1762-3779-2632
    I have a Fairy Type Safari with Kirlia, Jigglypuff, and Clefairy!

Quote Originally Posted by treeckotrainer View Post
    Of the 15 final starters made up to this point, only 8 had a secondary type. If I had to guess, I think Chespin will get a secondary type and Fennekin maybe. Froakie will stay single-typed.
    True but Froakie is a frog and almost none of the frogs in Pokemon have been single typed, other than politoed.

Osha-Star

Quote Originally Posted by Yveltal96 View Post
    exactly charizard and typhlosion were bipedal
    No Typhlosion was both.

"Do you know the definition of insanity?"
    Y Team:Chesnaught, Talonflame, Blastoise, Aegislash, Tyrantrum, Heliolisk

3DS FC: 3995-6518-0794

It's mainly bipedular, though.

Spoiler:- mega wishlist:

I have claimed Empoleon, Super Mario Galaxy, and Rosalina!
    3DS FC- 1762-3779-2632
    I have a Fairy Type Safari with Kirlia, Jigglypuff, and Clefairy!

yeah typhlosion was almost always depicted and bipedal i don't even remember once he was on all fours

Ask me stupid stuff

He goes to all fours when running.

I'm actually praying that we don't get the dark psychic and fighting triangle.

White2 Friend code: 0519-7592-3571
    X Friend code: 0216-1851-5361
    My safari: FIRE, slugma,growlith,ninetales

Quote Originally Posted by adamfitz View Post
    I'm actually praying that we don't get the dark psychic and fighting triangle.
    why is that? it would be the first gen to be able to counter each others weaknesses why not something new

Ask me stupid stuff

why is that? it would be the first gen to be able to counter each others weaknesses why not something new
    And there are other options that they can use that haven't been applied to the starters like Fighting/Dark/Psychic.

Quote Originally Posted by your boss View Post
    And there are other options that they can use that haven't been applied to the starters like Fighting/Dark/Psychic.
    ik that i'm just questioning why she doesn't want that we've heard why people want it but not why they don't

Ask me stupid stuff

Simply because I'm not a fan of fighting types and I love froakie
    But hey maybe that will keep him thin, there's always an upside to everything.
    ... But then there's sumo wrestlers...
    I know that I'll love all evolutions anyway, there all great at their starter stages.

Also I'm predicting that a psychic fennekin will be very OU

White2 Friend code: 0519-7592-3571
    X Friend code: 0216-1851-5361
    My safari: FIRE, slugma,growlith,ninetales

yeah typhlosion was almost always depicted and bipedal i don't even remember once he was on all fours
    in the 3d battle games he goes on all fours

Yea, he does.

Here's an anime image of it.

And like the user above me, the 3D games showed it as well. Like when it did Flame Wheel.

Quote Originally Posted by adamfitz View Post
    Simply because I'm not a fan of fighting types and I love froakie
    But hey maybe that will keep him thin, there's always an upside to everything.
    ... But then there's sumo wrestlers...
    I know that I'll love all evolutions anyway, there all great at their starter stages.

Also I'm predicting that a psychic fennekin will be very OU
    agreed with all this i hope fennekin can make it into the ubers like blaziken did XD

Ask me stupid stuff

Ok then, so 4 out of 5 Fire starter evos have been fully bipedal. The fact that the remaining one is PARTLY quadrupedal doesn't really make the situation any better.

I'd love Fennekin's evo to be fully quadrupedal. It just doesn't seem like there's any reason for it to evolve into a bipedal Pokémon. Then again, Tepig was the same, and we know how that turned out...
    Latest Shiny (SS):

Spoiler:- Shinies:

What I don't understand about all the PSYC/DARK/FGHT triangle discussion is why everyone is saying it HAS to be Fennekin as the psychic, Froakie as the fighter, and Chespin as the dark type. Why can't Fennekin be dark, Froakie be psychic, and Chespin be fighting? "Blah blah blah the moves in the trailer" is the single poorest argument besides the "It just looks like it will" argument. We have zero idea what those moves were and there are several pokemon that learn moves outside their type. Speculation requires open minds and logic. While the reverse type advantage trio is an awesome idea, it is not limited to the widely praised psychic Fennekin theory. The only thing Fennekin looks like is a golden-orange fox.

Also, before someone says that the PSYC/DARK/FGHT triangle doesn't work because of Dark's immunity to Psychic: THAT IS IRRELEVANT. We are talking about advantages, not disadvantages and immunities. It's like saying you want to be able to use a x.5 attack on your opponent. THAT MAKES A WHOLE HEAP OF SENSE.

Quote Originally Posted by SlowPokeBroKing View Post
    What I don't understand about all the PSYC/DARK/FGHT triangle discussion is why everyone is saying it HAS to be Fennekin as the psychic, Froakie as the fighter, and Chespin as the dark type. Why can't Fennekin be dark, Froakie be psychic, and Chespin be fighting? "Blah blah blah the moves in the trailer" is the single poorest argument besides the "It just looks like it will" argument. We have zero idea what those moves were and there are several pokemon that learn moves outside their type. Speculation requires open minds and logic. While the reverse type advantage trio is an awesome idea, it is not limited to the widely praised psychic Fennekin theory. The only thing Fennekin looks like is a golden-orange fox.

Also, before someone says that the PSYC/DARK/FGHT triangle doesn't work because of Dark's immunity to Psychic: THAT IS IRRELEVANT. We are talking about advantages, not disadvantages and immunities. It's like saying you want to be able to use a x.5 attack on your opponent. THAT MAKES A WHOLE HEAP OF SENSE.
    did you watch the trailer? if you saw the attacks they used then you would see why everyone is speculating that

Ask me stupid stuff

did you watch the trailer? if you saw the attacks they used then you would see why everyone is speculating that
    Are you serious? Fennekin's attack could have been Growl as easily as it could have been Psywave. Also, like I said, Pokemon can learn attacks outside their types. Sure, it said somewhere (something Serebii never confirmed) that Fennekin could have latent psychic abilities. Words like "could" and "latent" make it less proof. Besides all that, I never said anyone was wrong or dumb or anything negative. I just don't understand why no one has mentioned my amendment to the theory, and I say that because I haven't seen it once after keeping up with this forum since it started.

Are you serious? Fennekin's attack could have been Growl as easily as it could have been Psywave. Also, like I said, Pokemon can learn attacks outside their types. Sure, it said somewhere (something Serebii never confirmed) that Fennekin could have latent psychic abilities. Words like "could" and "latent" make it less proof. Besides all that, I never said anyone was wrong or dumb or anything negative. I just don't understand why no one has mentioned my amendment to the theory, and I say that because after keeping up with this forum since it started.
    growl doesn't look like that though i'm not saying ur wrong either i just don't think it's growl. for all ik it could be some new bug move and he could be fire/bug which would be weird but hey who knows it's all speculation until now

Ask me stupid stuff

Kirlia was clearly taking damage though, I don't think it was growl.

Quote Originally Posted by rocky505 View Post
    Kirlia was clearly taking damage though, I don't think it was growl.
    well yeah i just didn't wanna say anything to upset

Ask me stupid stuff

growl doesn't look like that though i'm not saying ur wrong either i just don't think it's growl. for all ik it could be some new bug move and he could be fire/bug which would be weird but hey who knows it's all speculation until now
    I doubt it's a psychic attack, even if fennekin does become half psychic, the starters generally don't start learning moves for their second typing until the 2nd stage

AMPHAROS FOREVER. I'm going to have a fit if you cant catch a early on in X and Y!!!

Click on the egg to help it hatch! Trying to get a mareep! P.S. Feel free to click on my other Pokemon too!

Well, the moves in the trailer do look like moves that could be of those secondary types (though now it seems only Fennekin's attack is pretty certain as Psychic, the other two could be other moves). I wouldn't call it that weak of an argument based on the evidence available.

But hey, I'm open to Fennekin being Dark, or another type completely (though I'm not to keen on Ground or Rock due to the x4 weakness to Water), as long as it's NOT Fighting.
    Latest Shiny (SS):

Spoiler:- Shinies:

Page 304 of 1178 FirstFirst ... 204254294300301302303304305306307308314354404 ... LastLast