View Poll Results: Which starter would you use?

Voters
3150. You may not vote on this poll
  • Chespin

    845 26.83%
  • Fennekin

    1,329 42.19%
  • Froakie

    849 26.95%
  • NONE, Dunsparce looks better

    127 4.03%
Page 305 of 1178 FirstFirst ... 205255295301302303304305306307308309315355405 ... LastLast
Results 7,601 to 7,625 of 29437

Thread: Starter Speculation/Discussion Thread

  1. #7601
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Location
    Tennessee, US
    Posts
    634

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Yveltal96 View Post
    well yeah i just didn't wanna say anything to upset
    Who's getting upset? I'm just pointing something out that no one has mentioned.
    I'm not saying specifically that I think it's Growl. I'm just saying that it could be any number of moves and not necessarily a psychic move.
    I think people are saying psychic because the move was purple and wavy and because they're so obsessed with the reverse triangle.
    The reverse triangle is fine and a psychic Fennekin is fine, but that's not the only option involving that trio.
    LOOKING FOR A SHINY ONIX/STEELIX and SHINY SCYTHER/SCIZOR and SHINY SLOWPOKE. I HAVE POKEBANK CELEBI FOR TRADE AND SOME OTHER SHINIES. PM IF INTERESTED.

  2. #7602
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Location
    I could tell you...
    Posts
    4,278

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by SlowPokeBroKing View Post
    Who's getting upset? I'm just pointing something out that no one has mentioned.
    I'm not saying specifically that I think it's Growl. I'm just saying that it could be any number of moves and not necessarily a psychic move.
    I think people are saying psychic because the move was purple and wavy and because they're so obsessed with the reverse triangle.
    The reverse triangle is fine and a psychic Fennekin is fine, but that's not the only option involving that trio.
    also chespin looked like he was using shadow claw or night slaw which both are supper effective against the golurk he hit

  3. #7603
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Location
    parrish,AL
    Posts
    9,665

    Default

    It looked more like Aerial Ace.

    Yes that is a Female Dino Charge Red. It's a FanFic thing
    3DS FC: 3995-6518-0794

  4. #7604
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Location
    I could tell you...
    Posts
    4,278

    Default

    mmm alright

  5. #7605
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Location
    Tennessee, US
    Posts
    634

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Yveltal96 View Post
    also chespin looked like he was using shadow claw or night slaw which both are supper effective against the golurk he hit
    By that logic, why would Fennekin use a psychic type attack against a psychic type?

    P.S. Lol at Night Slaw. Made me chuckle.
    LOOKING FOR A SHINY ONIX/STEELIX and SHINY SCYTHER/SCIZOR and SHINY SLOWPOKE. I HAVE POKEBANK CELEBI FOR TRADE AND SOME OTHER SHINIES. PM IF INTERESTED.

  6. #7606
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Cerulean City
    Posts
    7,607

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by SlowPokeBroKing View Post
    By that logic, why would Fennekin use a psychic type attack against a psychic type?

    P.S. Lol at Night Slaw. Made me chuckle.
    In the past, like the Diamond and Pearl trailers, Piplup used Waterfall against Turtwig. So, anything could happen. But, that was awhile ago.

  7. #7607
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Location
    I could tell you...
    Posts
    4,278

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by SlowPokeBroKing View Post
    By that logic, why would Fennekin use a psychic type attack against a psychic type?

    P.S. Lol at Night Slaw. Made me chuckle.
    oh damn didn't catch that
    but what @Demon said is true

  8. #7608
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Location
    Great Wall of China
    Posts
    337

    Default

    I will not speculate any further. I'm just sick of being a Cascade Trainer if you know what I mean.
    Clauncher, Vivillon, Chespin... Here it comes!

  9. #7609
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Location
    I could tell you...
    Posts
    4,278

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Wintendo View Post
    I will not speculate any further. I'm just sick of being a Cascade Trainer if you know what I mean.
    then try other threads you have more fuel to.
    join a club or sumthn

  10. #7610
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    Lysandre's bed.
    Posts
    47,716

    Default

    *Prays to Oshawott that the new X & Y info in next week's Pokemon Smash is about the Starters' evolved forms* Oh who I am kidding, Gamefreak probably wants to milk the Starters' base forms since they're marketable. We'll be lucky to have their evolved forms revealed before the games are released. Oh and I'm still pressed and seething at the poll.

  11. #7611
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Location
    I could tell you...
    Posts
    4,278

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Ciccone View Post
    *Prays to Oshawott that the new X & Y info in next week's Pokemon Smash is about the Starters' evolved forms* Oh who I am kidding, Gamefreak probably wants to milk the Starters' base forms since they're marketable. We'll be lucky to have their evolved forms revealed before the games are released. Oh and I'm still pressed and seething at the poll.
    yeah i would expect news on legendaries before the starters unfortunately :/
    and what angers you about the poll?

  12. #7612
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Location
    Cyberspace
    Posts
    186

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Ciccone View Post
    Oh and I'm still pressed and seething at the poll.
    The bars on the pole resemble an extended middle finger. So there you go.
    Mmmmyep.

    I hope one of the starters evolves into an x/ghost type.
    That needs to happen one of these days.
    Especially the fire starter, because I like the concept of fiery ghosts.

    ...But that will never happen. As long as Fennekin doesn't end up being another fighting fire starter I'll be fine.

    ...I probably won't even use it much.

  13. #7613
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Location
    I could tell you...
    Posts
    4,278

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by ToasterBrains View Post
    The bars on the pole resemble an extended middle finger. So there you go.
    Mmmmyep.

    I hope one of the starters evolves into an x/ghost type.
    That needs to happen one of these days.
    Especially the fire starter, because I like the concept of fiery ghosts.

    ...But that will never happen. As long as Fennekin doesn't end up being another fighting fire starter I'll be fine.

    ...I probably won't even use it much.
    i agree but not this gen cuz i don't think any of em could resemble a ghost type but one gen they need to make the starters grass/ghost, fire/ghost, and water/ghost it would be fun

  14. #7614
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Location
    Europe
    Posts
    592

    Default

    Fennekin

    - pure: just a bigger fox in the end
    - psyhic: third eye
    - ground: a sphinx head peace thingy
    - flying: big ears as wings or the feet are wings
    My 3DS games:

    - Mario Kart 7 (2011)
    - Resident Evil: Revelations (2011)
    - Super Mario 3D Land (2011)
    - Bravely Default (2012)
    - Fifa 13 (2012)
    - Fire Emblem: Awakening (2012)
    - Etrian Odyssey Untold: The Millennium Girl (2013)
    - Pokémon Y (2013)
    - Steel Diver: Sub Wars (2014)

  15. #7615
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Location
    Great Wall of China
    Posts
    337

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by PKMN KING View Post
    Fennekin

    - pure: just a bigger fox in the end
    - psyhic: third eye
    - ground: a sphinx head peace thingy
    - flying: big ears as wings or the feet are wings
    No. Never. I will bomb Nintendo.
    Clauncher, Vivillon, Chespin... Here it comes!

  16. #7616
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Posts
    21

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Wintendo View Post
    No. Never. I will bomb Nintendo.
    I think the person was saying those are different possibilities as to what Fennekin's typing and final evo would look like or at least what specific features it would have.

  17. #7617

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by SlowPokeBroKing View Post
    What I don't understand about all the PSYC/DARK/FGHT triangle discussion is why everyone is saying it HAS to be Fennekin as the psychic, Froakie as the fighter, and Chespin as the dark type. Why can't Fennekin be dark, Froakie be psychic, and Chespin be fighting? "Blah blah blah the moves in the trailer" is the single poorest argument besides the "It just looks like it will" argument. We have zero idea what those moves were and there are several pokemon that learn moves outside their type. Speculation requires open minds and logic. While the reverse type advantage trio is an awesome idea, it is not limited to the widely praised psychic Fennekin theory. The only thing Fennekin looks like is a golden-orange fox.

    Also, before someone says that the PSYC/DARK/FGHT triangle doesn't work because of Dark's immunity to Psychic: THAT IS IRRELEVANT. We are talking about advantages, not disadvantages and immunities. It's like saying you want to be able to use a x.5 attack on your opponent. THAT MAKES A WHOLE HEAP OF SENSE.
    i posted about this a looong time ago.
    mudkip learns mud slap early on, and it becomes ground.
    bulbasaur learns poisonpowder early on, it stays grass/poison

    most of the rest of the starters learn only fire/grass/water type or normal moves depending on their type. the moves they learn that aren't their own pure type usually give a big clue as to what type they're gonna end up as. torchic and piplup are exceptions because they're birds and of course birds will learn moves like peck. it's not as concrete that foxes learn psychic moves because look at zorua and zoroark.

  18. #7618
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Location
    The Old West
    Posts
    1,372

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Generation Hazard View Post
    i posted about this a looong time ago.
    mudkip learns mud slap early on, and it becomes ground.
    bulbasaur learns poisonpowder early on, it stays grass/poison

    most of the rest of the starters learn only fire/grass/water type or normal moves depending on their type. the moves they learn that aren't their own pure type usually give a big clue as to what type they're gonna end up as. torchic and piplup are exceptions because they're birds and of course birds will learn moves like peck. it's not as concrete that foxes learn psychic moves because look at zorua and zoroark.
    How are you so sure that TMs aren't involved?

    And Charmander gets Dragon Rage, and Tepig gets Smog. Oshawott gets Fury Cutter.
    Last edited by Zachmac; 10th February 2013 at 4:11 AM.
    Venemo Oscuridad - 6 Battles
    My Secret Base, Version 2.

  19. #7619
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Location
    Mt. Coronet
    Posts
    329

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Generation Hazard View Post
    i posted about this a looong time ago.
    mudkip learns mud slap early on, and it becomes ground.
    bulbasaur learns poisonpowder early on, it stays grass/poison

    most of the rest of the starters learn only fire/grass/water type or normal moves depending on their type. the moves they learn that aren't their own pure type usually give a big clue as to what type they're gonna end up as. torchic and piplup are exceptions because they're birds and of course birds will learn moves like peck. it's not as concrete that foxes learn psychic moves because look at zorua and zoroark.
    ...But Zorua and Zoroark can learn Psychic moves...? Agility, Imprison, Calm Mind, Extrasensory and Trick. (And Rest, but everything that can learn TMs can learn that, so.)

    I do suppose it's possible that the move Fennekin used could be something else... A sound-based move seems likely considering I recall it coming from its muzzle? In that case, perhaps Hyper Voice? Since Growl doesn't deal damage, and Kirlia does appear to flinch when it's hit...

    Does that mean we're getting Fire/Normal then? :P

    Current mono-type: TFL, Round 4
    Game: Black 2 (6/8)

    Regions cleared: Johto | Hoenn | Sinnoh | Unova | (More? Let's finish these first~)

  20. #7620
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Location
    Beneath The Truth
    Posts
    1,354

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by AnonNekomata View Post
    ...But Zorua and Zoroark can learn Psychic moves...? Agility, Imprison, Calm Mind, Extrasensory and Trick. (And Rest, but everything that can learn TMs can learn that, so.)

    I do suppose it's possible that the move Fennekin used could be something else... A sound-based move seems likely considering I recall it coming from its muzzle? In that case, perhaps Hyper Voice? Since Growl doesn't deal damage, and Kirlia does appear to flinch when it's hit...

    Does that mean we're getting Fire/Normal then? :P
    Zorua and Zorork aren't starters though; how are they relevant evidence?
    Pink waves implies (if only to me) Psychic. I'm really not sure what else it could be.

    That said, will Chespin turn into a /Flying-type? It'd be quite the interesting twist in my opinion.

    Dratini is my bishie.
    Faria: God said, "Vengeance is mine".
    Dantes: I don't believe in God.
    Faria: It doesn't matter. He believes in you.
    deviantart/sprites/twitter/tumblr

  21. #7621
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Location
    Bionis
    Posts
    9,489

    Default

    Treecko gets agility. Is it psychic?

  22. #7622
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Location
    Great Wall of China
    Posts
    337

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by pokemonsquared View Post
    Treecko gets agility. Is it psychic?
    YES *n00b*
    Clauncher, Vivillon, Chespin... Here it comes!

  23. #7623
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Location
    Beneath The Truth
    Posts
    1,354

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Wintendo View Post
    YES *n00b*
    Quality post, sir. Your contribution to this thread is greatly appreciated.

    So really, does anyone else think that Chespin using Ariel Ace might hint at it being a Flying-type, or simply that it learns slash-y moves?

    Dratini is my bishie.
    Faria: God said, "Vengeance is mine".
    Dantes: I don't believe in God.
    Faria: It doesn't matter. He believes in you.
    deviantart/sprites/twitter/tumblr

  24. #7624
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    Orre
    Posts
    1,754

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by [aka] View Post
    Quality post, sir. Your contribution to this thread is greatly appreciated.

    So really, does anyone else think that Chespin using Ariel Ace might hint at it being a Flying-type, or simply that it learns slash-y moves?
    Slashy move, I can't imagine Chespin becoming a Flying type later on.

  25. #7625
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Location
    Mind your business
    Posts
    1,323

    Default

    Chespin will become a Grass/Ground, Rock or Steel type in his final evolution, Fennekin a Fire/Psychic and Froakie a Water/Fighting type. Those are decent and diffrent from the other starters. Plus those combinations are pretty rare overall.

Page 305 of 1178 FirstFirst ... 205255295301302303304305306307308309315355405 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •