View Poll Results: Which starter would you use?

Voters
3150. You may not vote on this poll
  • Chespin

845 26.83%
  • Fennekin

1,329 42.19%
  • Froakie

849 26.95%
  • NONE, Dunsparce looks better

127 4.03%
Page 308 of 1178 FirstFirst ... 208258298304305306307308309310311312318358408 ... LastLast
Results 7,676 to 7,700 of 29437

Thread: Starter Speculation/Discussion Thread

Quote Originally Posted by YellowHat's Revenge View Post
    All the more reason to assume that Fennekin will become a Flying type upon it's final evolution.
    If anyone of the starters is to be flying I think the best bet is froakie.

White2 Friend code: 0519-7592-3571
    X Friend code: 0216-1851-5361
    My safari: FIRE, slugma,growlith,ninetales

Quote Originally Posted by Yveltal96 View Post
    no way he will be a flying type he has nothing to remotely indicate he will be flying
    *cough* Charmander *cough*

Quote Originally Posted by MidnightFennekin View Post
    Nooooo!!!!!!!! Fire/Ground would be a horrible type=Fennekin slow=Fire/Ground defensive type=Noooooooo!

Ever notice that the more popular starters get better types?
    *cough* Mudkip and Turtwig *cough*

Swampert and Torterra are both quite good Pokémon and as I recall they were very popular when they were released, especially Mudkip.

That said, I still would rather Fennekin had a secondary type that didn't entail getting even more damage from Water.
    Latest Shiny (SS):

Spoiler:- Shinies:

Quote Originally Posted by yoshi007 View Post
    *cough* Charmander *cough*

*cough* Mudkip and Turtwig *cough*

Swampert and Torterra are both quite good Pokémon and as I recall they were very popular when they were released, especially Mudkip.

That said, I still would rather Fennekin had a secondary type that didn't entail getting even more damage from Water.
    yeah i do not know why everyone thinks he will be part ground it just make no sense to me
    i'd rather he be fire/fighting before he become fire/ground

Ask me stupid stuff
    Credit for the Banner goes to Sworn Metalhead

I prefer Fennekin not to be part fighting. Please no more fighting as a secondary typing for a starter we had enough of that give it another typing that it doesn't have yet.
    ~Credits to SwornMetalhead for the Banner~

Quote Originally Posted by Yveltal96 View Post
    yeah i do not know why everyone thinks he will be part ground it just make no sense to me
    i'd rather he be fire/fighting before he become fire/ground
    Fennekin becoming Fire/Ground makes more sense than Fire/Fighting. Fennekin would become part ground because of the origin of it (Fennec Foxes in Northern Africa reside in self-made small caves, in the ground, which feeds ground-speculation). Fire/fighting makes less sense, as it's presumed to be fighting because the previous fire-starters also became fighting. Although I'm not a fan of Fennekin becoming part ground, I understand the reasons why people believe that.

I did a project on Fennec Foxes, so I'm pretty familiar with them.
    Fennecs live in Desert=Sand=Crushed up ROCK! Not ground.
    *Insert Some Cool Image Here*

Quote Originally Posted by DarkSword39 View Post
    Another crap type combo, with neutral to grass and 4x weakness to water. Plus Froakie looks like it's using CC so that's make Fennekin Froakie's B*tch...

That stuff Diglett is in is also crushed up rock. Every kind of sand/earth is a mixture between minerals and rock, and in that way there shouldn't even be a ground type. However, we generally regard crushed rock (sand/earth) as ground, so I think, if this link with Fennekin is going to be true, ground will be it's typing.

Tell that to Diglett, Trapinch, and Sandshrew. Then we've got Sand Veil, which is pretty much ground type only.

The ground represents the natural floor you're walking on, which is why you've got moves like Earthquake, Fissure, and Sand Attack.
    Venemo Oscuridad - 6 Battles
    Goldeen keeps stealing the Magical Karp's splashing glory in Smash.

Got some reasons on why Fenn should be Psychic...

-It lives in deserts, with mirages and other magic-wonder stuff, and magica-wonderful/weirdl things are usually made psychic in Pokemon.
    -It uses a Psychic-like move in the trailer. People say it's growl. it won't be. One, growl wouldn't make an attacking sound, and two it didn't indicate Fennekin using sound. Most people who say Growl usually just want Water/Psy Froakie so it isn't a 2nd Poliwrath....

Got some reasons on why Fenn should be Psychic...

-It lives in deserts, with mirages and other magic-wonder stuff, and magica-wonderful/weirdl things are usually made psychic in Pokemon.
    -It uses a Psychic-like move in the trailer. People say it's growl. it won't be. One, growl wouldn't make an attacking sound, and two it didn't indicate Fennekin using sound. Most people who say Growl usually just want Water/Psy Froakie so it isn't a 2nd Poliwrath....
    Ooh, mirages is a pretty cool idea. I'm not sure how likely it is, but it'd be a pretty cool reason to give Fennekin that typing.

Quote Originally Posted by Zachmac View Post
    Ooh, mirages is a pretty cool idea. I'm not sure how likely it is, but it'd be a pretty cool reason to give Fennekin that typing.
    Well of it gets a sig, it should be a psychic one using mirages... would be cool...

I like that idea of mirages. I just hope that Nintendo wouldn't use it like the way they input it with Zoroark. I want Fennekin to have its own unique signature move or random fact about itself. Something that makes it stand out from the other foxes.
    Disappearance: REWRITE (19/??)
    Author: Mitsukiharu (collaboration account)
    Summary: Legendary pokemon once resided with humans until war and bloodshed turned the center of Johto into a wasteland 150 years ago. The legendaries scattered to keep peace. 5 years after Red was defeated, he and the Green are in a situation like before war broke out. They must find the cause of the disappearances of the legendary pokemon or the world would be thrown into disarray.

My Personal FF Account l Ambition l Four Times The Charm l For The Love of Food! l Disappearance: REWRITE (collboration)

When I see the trailer, I been wonder why Fennekin fight a Psychic Pokemon with a Psychic move, while Froakie was fighting against a Patrat and Chespin was dark against Golurk. Froakie second might be fighting, because of fighting Patrat, and Chespin might be part dark, fighting against Golurk, but why have Fennekin fight against a psychic type Pokemon in Karlia with a psychic type move? If it is that, it should been a fighting Pokemon like Gallade?

Quote Originally Posted by Cuddy View Post
    When I see the trailer, I been wonder why Fennekin fight a Psychic Pokemon with a Psychic move, while Froakie was fighting against a Patrat and Chespin was dark against Golurk. Froakie second might be fighting, because of fighting Patrat, and Chespin might be part dark, fighting against Golurk, but why have Fennekin fight against a psychic type Pokemon in Karlia with a psychic type move? If it is that, it should been a fighting Pokemon like Gallade?
    Night Slash actually isn't all that likely. The three rows of slashes rather then one hints towards Shadow Claw, but the background hints towards Aerial Ace. I see no reason to think it's night slash.

Anyway, it could be coincidental. After all, you do see a Litwick using Inferno on a Psyduck. They might of just picked random pokemon to show, or ones that looked good with the attack.

Night Slash actually isn't all that likely. The three rows of slashes rather then one hints towards Shadow Claw, but the background hints towards Aerial Ace. I see no reason to think it's night slash.

Anyway, it could be coincidental. After all, you do see a Litwick using Inferno on a Psyduck. They might of just picked random pokemon to show, or ones that looked good with the attack.
    Night Slash fits in perfectly with the fact the slashes were purple, and Chespin doesn't have claws. Plus we've got fans begging GF for a Dark/Psy/Fight Starter trio, so why not settle it w/ secondary types?

Though it's completely , I'm hoping the attack Chespin used is Shadow Claw. I can't see the little guy becoming dual Ghost type but if so, I'd be so surprised/impressed!!

First off, the design would be VERY different than the fakemon designs we've seen. Second, we'd have a Starter with a completely unique type combination.

He'd have a weakness to Flying, Ghost, Fire, Ice, and Dark. He'd resist Ground, Water, Grass, and Electric. AND, he'd be immune to Normal and Fighting. With the right stats and movepool, he'd be one of the coolest Grass Starters we've seen!!
    MASTER Pkmn Team

Quote Originally Posted by LeoP2008 View Post
    Though it's completely , I'm hoping the attack Chespin used is Shadow Claw. I can't see the little guy becoming dual Ghost type but if so, I'd be so surprised/impressed!!

First off, the design would be VERY different than the fakemon designs we've seen. Second, we'd have a Starter with a completely unique type combination.

He'd have a weakness to Flying, Ghost, Fire, Ice, and Dark. He'd resist Ground, Water, Grass, and Electric. AND, he'd be immune to Normal and Fighting. With the right stats and movepool, he'd be one of the coolest Grass Starters we've seen!!
    1) Gardenia would hate and lurv this 'mon.
    2) Grass/Dark is an original typing, and gives it more design choices then ghost. (Ghost would be whispy, but Dark could be anything...)
    3) The wanted Dark/Psy/Fight thing is very likely.

1) Gardenia would hate and lurv this 'mon.
    2) Grass/Dark is an original typing, and gives it more design choices then ghost. (Ghost would be whispy, but Dark could be anything...)
    3) The wanted Dark/Psy/Fight thing is very likely.
    *cough* Shiftry *cough*
    I am really thinking at least one of the starters will be monotype, but I don't think that it will be Chespin.
    Clauncher, Vivillon, Chespin... Here it comes!

Did you guys know that mankey and primape are "Pig monkey" pokemon according the pokedex? it looks like a monkey, but have noses like pigs?

I think fennekin could be a "Elephant fox" pokemon. Because it looks like a fox and its ears can perhaps transform like an elephant or something similiar to Shaymin sky form.

Quote Originally Posted by confuser987 View Post
    Did you guys know that mankey and primape are "Pig monkey" pokemon according the pokedex? it looks like a monkey, but have noses like pigs?

I think fennekin could be a "Elephant fox" pokemon. Because it looks like a fox and its ears can perhaps transform like an elephant or something similiar to Shaymin sky form.
    the ears of fennekin are probably comes from the fennec fox itself. they also have big ears in real life as well as the tufts of hair to went the excess heat from their bodies.

For that purple fennekin move, it could have been heat wave or ominous wind. We can't speculate secondary typings based on the trailer.

Quote Originally Posted by jdmi012 View Post
    For that purple fennekin move, it could have been heat wave or ominous wind. We can't speculate secondary typings based on the trailer.
    That was definitely a psychic attack.

Unless the artist have a weird idea of heat waves or evil winds.

However, you're right. We have no idea what type it'll be.

Fennekin's attack looks more like screech than anything else
    Not the most original sig ever, but hey, I'm new to the forums (THOUGH NOT THE SITE)

Quote Originally Posted by confuser987 View Post

fennec foxes jus have really big ears
    hence the name fennekin

Ask me stupid stuff
    Credit for the Banner goes to Sworn Metalhead

Page 308 of 1178 FirstFirst ... 208258298304305306307308309310311312318358408 ... LastLast