View Poll Results: Which starter would you use?

Voters
3150. You may not vote on this poll
  • Chespin

845 26.83%
  • Fennekin

1,329 42.19%
  • Froakie

849 26.95%
  • NONE, Dunsparce looks better

127 4.03%
Page 317 of 1178 FirstFirst ... 217267307313314315316317318319320321327367417 ... LastLast
Results 7,901 to 7,925 of 29437

Thread: Starter Speculation/Discussion Thread

Chespin's still runner-up for favorite starter. And 39 sorry fanboys STILL like Dunsparce better.

Fennekin's Psychic attack could be a non-damaging move. Just because Kirlia recoils doesn't mean it takes damage. It needs an animation for a being attacked by a status move. It's not like it would just stand there.
    Clauncher, Vivillon, Chespin... Here it comes!

I will definitely pick Fennekin as my starter! But I will begin my adventure with all of the starters and see what they evolve into as I play!
    White team pose:

Credit for team pose, thanks pkmnfn

White FC: 1721 2620 4387

I am pretty sure that if I bother buynig a 3DS (clever move, Game Freak), I will most likely start off with Chesspin, the oshawott-in-slowking-costume Pokemon.
    As for the others.. The Froakie gives me the Poison-Type vibes, y'know?

If any of them turn out pure-type I'd be fine with either Froakie or Fennekin. But mainly fennekin.

For the record, I want all 3 to be dual type and unique, unlike Gen V's typings
    Hoenn was the best region copy and paste this if you agree (started by BATTLEFRONTIERASH)

Yeah, i agree. I am curoius about Chesspin's typing (That was its name, right?)
    I feel the little critter have some potential

Quote Originally Posted by Mystic Flygon View Post
    If any of them turn out pure-type I'd be fine with either Froakie or Fennekin. But mainly fennekin.

For the record, I want all 3 to be dual type and unique, unlike Gen V's typings
    You prolly mean Gen IV.
    Check out my band's new EP! ... And like us on Facebook while you're at it!
    [IMG]http://oi49.*******.com/21mzpmr.jpg[/IMG]
    Hat by wolfy.

Quote Originally Posted by YellowHat's Revenge View Post
    You prolly mean Gen IV.
    Grass/Ground and Water/Steel was new... and at the time two Fire/Fighting starters weren't too bad. 5th gen types we're worse, the 3rd Fire/Fighting was too much.
    [IMG]http://i46.*******.com/205fssg.png[/IMG]

Quote Originally Posted by Zorgaz View Post
    Grass/Ground and Water/Steel was new... and at the time two Fire/Fighting starters weren't too bad. 5th gen types we're worse, the 3rd Fire/Fighting was too much.
    I agree, 5th gen had a very sucky type selection. Let's hope this new dawn will bring our starting familiars greater elements!

Quote Originally Posted by YellowHat's Revenge View Post
    You prolly mean Gen IV.
    I said unlike not like. I liked Gen V's designs but hated the typings, samurott would have been great as water/ fighting, Serperior was fine as pure grass but I was really hoping for a grass/ flying (quetzcoatl and gliding snake like evo) or grass/ dark when I saw snivy, Emboar could have been fire/ dark, fire/ ground, or just pure fire.

Gen IV in my opinion had pretty cool designs and unique types but none of them really catch my eye. IMO Infernape should have gone a different route other then the cliche monkey king, he could have even been fire/ dark and still be based on son wukong (the monkey king was well known for causing mischief).
    Hoenn was the best region copy and paste this if you agree (started by BATTLEFRONTIERASH)

I dunno, I like the idea of Chespin going grass/steel (I know, it's from a rumor, but it's no less likely than anything else in here).

Fennekin does look like it's using a psychic attack in the trailer and Froakie I'd be surprised if it wasn't water/poison or water/dark.
    3DS Friend Code: 5171-9608-5466 (PM when you add me)
    Safari: :689: (Barbacle)

Spoiler:- Haves:

Quote Originally Posted by Wintendo View Post
    Chespin's still runner-up for favorite starter. And 39 sorry fanboys STILL like Dunsparce better.

Fennekin's Psychic attack could be a non-damaging move. Just because Kirlia recoils doesn't mean it takes damage. It needs an animation for a being attacked by a status move. It's not like it would just stand there.
    And to think he was so far behind for so long, wow froakie is my favorite is now left behind

White2 Friend code: 0519-7592-3571
    X Friend code: 0216-1851-5361
    My safari: FIRE, slugma,growlith,ninetales

I just found this pic with the Starter's final evolutions:

It can always be false, but it looks very real in my opinion. According to the source, the Grass Starter evolves to a Grass/Dark type, the Fire Starter to a Fire/Psychic type and the Water Starter to a Water/Fight type. This could really turn the balance of power between the three starters very similar.

Yeah, I saw this one a few days after the initial announcement. I doubt it's legit, but would love the typings to have a back and forth like that, making later battles against your rival/friend more balanced.
    3DS Friend Code: 5171-9608-5466 (PM when you add me)
    Safari: :689: (Barbacle)

Spoiler:- Haves:

Quote Originally Posted by Eddieursa View Post
    It can always be false, but it looks very real in my opinion.
    Of course it's fake. The style is absolutely nothing like Sugimori's.

According to the source, the Grass Starter evolves to a Grass/Dark type, the Fire Starter to a Fire/Psychic type and the Water Starter to a Water/Fight type. This could really turn the balance of power between the three starters very similar.
    Just like the rest of the regurgitated rumours we've been enduring since the initial announcement, then.

It's fake. Obviously.

We won't get any leak about the starter's evolutions until October... It has been this way since Gen IV.
    Shiny Pokémon (47)

Shiny Event Pokémon (11)

It can always be false, but it looks very real in my opinion. According to the source, the Grass Starter evolves to a Grass/Dark type, the Fire Starter to a Fire/Psychic type and the Water Starter to a Water/Fight type. This could really turn the balance of power between the three starters very similar.

Those are fake. They've been floating around for a while now.
    [23:47] <kesha> PENNSATUCKY PLEASE CURE ME OF THESE UNCLEAN THOUGHTS

pm me any reports/questions that you may have
    (it may take a couple of days for me to respond, though)

You know,I think I'm starting to like Froakie.Kinda reminds me of Treeko now.

That's really old news.

Quote Originally Posted by Royal_Qeca View Post
    It's fake. Obviously.

We won't get any leak about the starter's evolutions until October... It has been this way since Gen IV.

Heheh........ You don't know..........
    Sig edited due to exceeding height limit. Read the signature rules before editing your signature.

I hope the evolutions don't look anything remotely similar to these 3.They suck...badly.

Quote Originally Posted by Nacreous View Post
    I hope the evolutions don't look anything remotely similar to these 3.They suck...badly.
    Eh, the Chespin one isn't bad.
    Formerly known as Jigglychu.

I actually like the way Froakie look in the fan art. If he does end up like that , I would chose him over chespin.
    Shinies-
    Post game status- Filling dex up, Shiny hunting

Safari type- Normal Safari with Audino, Teddiursa and Chansey
    FC-4012-3885-7486

Quote Originally Posted by Daisymareep View Post
    I actually like the way Froakie look in the fan art. If he does end up like that , I would chose him over chespin.
    Yea, some of the fan art is really good. There are some that I don't like, but I really like that picture there. All the Starters look really good in my opinion.

Quote Originally Posted by Demon Kitsune Yoko Kurama View Post
    Yea, some of the fan art is really good. There are some that I don't like, but I really like that picture there. All the Starters look really good in my opinion.
    A lot of fan art contribute to how the starters look. I especially like Fennekin fan art because they make it really cute. ^^

~Misty

~Pokeshipping~

My fanfiction account: http://www.fanfiction.net/u/2320079/Misty_Ketchum97

I feel as if we are over thinking these starters a bit. Maybe they are going back to their roots so to speak and would be pure Water, Grass, Fire pokemon.

Sure I would get it if Froakie was an Ice/water mix but looking at Fennekin, I'm having a hard time imagining what other abilities he would have. Then again their evolution may reveal their second type.

I'd probably get Fennekin. I'm praying that it'll be a Fire/Psychic when it evolves instead of the repetitive Fire/Fighting with the evolutions of Torchic, Chimchar, and Tepig.
    Sinnoh Team

Unova Team

Kalos Team

Page 317 of 1178 FirstFirst ... 217267307313314315316317318319320321327367417 ... LastLast