View Poll Results: Which starter would you use?

Voters
3150. You may not vote on this poll
  • Chespin

845 26.83%
  • Fennekin

1,329 42.19%
  • Froakie

849 26.95%
  • NONE, Dunsparce looks better

127 4.03%
Page 332 of 1178 FirstFirst ... 232282322328329330331332333334335336342382432 ... LastLast
Results 8,276 to 8,300 of 29437

Thread: Starter Speculation/Discussion Thread

Quote Originally Posted by Fennekin1 View Post
    Does anyone else think Fennekin will become part ghost type? I was reviewing the trailer and thought that the move used on Kirlia might have been ghost rather than psychic. I also reviewed the different ghost type moves and noticed that it could have been an updated version of hex; it could also be a new ghost type move. This wold make more sence sice kirlia would be weak to ghost type moves. Also, this would give Fennekin a defensive advantage against Froakie if it became fighting type, as ghost type is not effected by fighting type moves.
    I believe Hex is a purple/dark blue color, Fennekin's move was a bright pink. I'm thinking it's Confusion.
    *Insert Some Cool Image Here*

Quote Originally Posted by Demonslayer492 View Post
    I just want to know why people likes Fennekin? I honestly want Froakie. only because i have chosen the water start since Gen2. First gen I had Charmander. Then I thought about teaching it surf. It would save me time on finding a water type for surf. Froakie is my Boss
    People like Fennekin because it's a fennec fox, and totally adorable.

I cant really make a decision yet. Its too early for me to make a final decision, but I do have to say that, so far, Chespin is my favorite grass starter of all time besides Turtwig; I really like their designs. Every other grass has been kinda 'meh' in my opinion (no offense to those who like grass; I tend to go water anyway).

So if the Fire starters are the Chinese Zodiac, that means they are planning to have 12 generations in total. Leaving us with roughly 2,500 Pokemon when it's all said and done in the year 2030-something. haha
    Check out my band's new EP! ... And like us on Facebook while you're at it!
    [IMG]http://oi49.*******.com/21mzpmr.jpg[/IMG]
    Hat by wolfy.

so...................

did i miss anything important?

uh..... chespin 4 grass/*insert type here*
    Sig edited due to exceeding height limit. Read the signature rules before editing your signature.

Quote Originally Posted by adamfitz View Post
    Charmander-dragon
    Cyndaquil-rat
    Torchic-rooster
    Chimchar-monkey
    Tepig-pig
    Fennekin-dog

This was my interpretation of the fire starters and the zodiac
    Although I know they arnt based of the animals they do show a resemblance, design wise.
    Meh it's still just a coincidence, I mean we had pig/monkey/etc Pokemon in the past, I don't see why the starters.
    Quote Originally Posted by Darryl View Post
    People like Fennekin because it's a fennec fox, and totally adorable.
    Foxes generally are popular as favorite animals personally too, hence why all fox-like Pokemon have huge fanbases.
    Quote Originally Posted by YellowHat's Revenge View Post
    So if the Fire starters are the Chinese Zodiac, that means they are planning to have 12 generations in total. Leaving us with roughly 2,500 Pokemon when it's all said and done in the year 2030-something. haha
    We will have more than 12 as long as Gamefreak continues to make cash.

Quote Originally Posted by your boss View Post
    We will have more than 12 as long as Gamefreak continues to make cash.
    Well, I mean, they could continue to make games, they might just stop making Pokemon. D'you realize how difficult it would be to obtain thousands of Pokemon?
    Check out my band's new EP! ... And like us on Facebook while you're at it!
    [IMG]http://oi49.*******.com/21mzpmr.jpg[/IMG]
    Hat by wolfy.

Well, I mean, they could continue to make games, they might just stop making Pokemon. D'you realize how difficult it would be to obtain thousands of Pokemon?
    This is Gamefreak, logically they will find some way to transfer a bunch of critters with ease.

Quote Originally Posted by adamfitz View Post
    Charmander-dragon
    Cyndaquil-rat
    Torchic-rooster
    Chimchar-monkey
    Tepig-pig
    Fennekin-dog

This was my interpretation of the fire starters and the zodiac
    Although I know they arnt based of the animals they do show a resemblance, design wise.
    I can't even remotely see how Fennekin is a dog.

I'll still play Pokemon then. And we don't know for sure that it's Chinese Zodiac...

It is possible that fennekin will evolve into a jakal, which is a part of the canine family. I doubt fennekin's future evolutions will be based on foxes. Fennec foxes are native to the same area of north africa and both look similar.
    fennec fox.jpg

And here is a jackelJackal.jpg
    Favorite Team:

its doesnt have to be exactly a dog ,the same way a lizard became a dragon. pokemon arent too literal.

as they just said they are both from the canine family.
    team_magma93

Does anyone else think Fennikin will be a Fire/Phychic type? I thought I saw it use a phychic move in the trailer.
    "Strong Pokemon. Weak Pokemon. That is only the selfish perception of people. Truly skilled trainers should try to win with their favorites."

Quote Originally Posted by BlazingCharizard39 View Post
    Does anyone else think Fennikin will be a Fire/Phychic type? I thought I saw it use a phychic move in the trailer.
    Yes, almost everyone thinks so, along with me.
    *Insert Some Cool Image Here*

Quote Originally Posted by BlazingCharizard39 View Post
    Most people do think it will be Fire/Psychic and so do I. Though some people debate the second move used was not a Psychic move.

I think there is also evidence that it will become ghost type. A ghost type move would be super effective against the kirlia in the trailer. Just like chespin used a super effective dark type move on golurk and froakie used a super effective fighting type move against patrat. This would also make fennekin the oddball in the reverse triangle like empoleon from gen. 4. Empoleon became part steel to cancel out the super effectiveness of torterra's grass type moves rather than give it an offensive advantage like monfernape got by having its fighting type beat empoleon's steel type and torterra's groung type beating monfernape's fire type. This would mean that Fennekin would gain a defensive boost agaist froakie as ghost type is not affected by fighting type moves, if froakie becomes part fighting.
    Favorite Team:

your forgetting that steel is weak against ground giving torterra a figting chance against Empoleon.(unless i use ice beam hehe)

it being a ghost type is kind of a stretch.
    team_magma93

Quote Originally Posted by adl222 View Post
    your forgetting that steel is weak against ground giving torterra a figting chance against Empoleon.(unless i use ice beam hehe)

it being a ghost type is kind of a stretch.
    It's actually not uncommon for foxes to be associated with spirits, especially in eastern cultures.

I could understand it happening, but I'm not expecting ghost any more than anything else. If I were forced into picking a secondary right now I would probably go with Psychic. But in the end, we won't know til it's revealed haha.

can you see pokemon from other regions
    -BubblyPiplup69717

Please don't cheat!
    75% of Pokemon gamers use cheats and specially made codes to make their pokemon battle-worthy. If you are one of the 25% percent that level their Pokemon up legally, put this in your signature. (Started by SkittyLover77)

Quote Originally Posted by BubblyPiplup69717 View Post
    What do you mean..?

Quote Originally Posted by BubblyPiplup69717 View Post
    Well, we don't really know for sure. Only a bit of info has been revieled. But I'm sure we'll find out in time......
    Also, we saw a few Pokemon from other regions in the trailer that priemered, so we probably will see pokemon from other regions.
    "Strong Pokemon. Weak Pokemon. That is only the selfish perception of people. Truly skilled trainers should try to win with their favorites."

Quote Originally Posted by Fennekin1 View Post
    I think there is also evidence that it will become ghost type. A ghost type move would be super effective against the kirlia in the trailer. Just like chespin used a super effective dark type move on golurk and froakie used a super effective fighting type move against patrat. This would also make fennekin the oddball in the reverse triangle like empoleon from gen. 4. Empoleon became part steel to cancel out the super effectiveness of torterra's grass type moves rather than give it an offensive advantage like monfernape got by having its fighting type beat empoleon's steel type and torterra's groung type beating monfernape's fire type. This would mean that Fennekin would gain a defensive boost agaist froakie as ghost type is not affected by fighting type moves, if froakie becomes part fighting.
    has there ever been a ghost typ starter
    -BubblyPiplup69717

Please don't cheat!
    75% of Pokemon gamers use cheats and specially made codes to make their pokemon battle-worthy. If you are one of the 25% percent that level their Pokemon up legally, put this in your signature. (Started by SkittyLover77)

like canyou see and find
    -BubblyPiplup69717

Please don't cheat!

Quote Originally Posted by GoldCyndaquil View Post
    What do you mean..?
    I think he means "will there be pokemon from previous gens available before the elite four. Based on the pokemon seen in battle and some of the statues of previous gen pokemon in the trailer, I think that previous gens will be available.
    Favorite Team:

Quote Originally Posted by Seil View Post
    It's actually not uncommon for foxes to be associated with spirits, especially in eastern cultures.

I could understand it happening, but I'm not expecting ghost any more than anything else. If I were forced into picking a secondary right now I would probably go with Psychic. But in the end, we won't know til it's revealed haha.
    i know but it sounds too similar with ninetales which is almost always described to have mysterious/mystical powers.
    i think we are over thinking this and at the end it would just be aa pure fire type lol
    team_magma93

I mean that you can capture pokemon from other regions
    -BubblyPiplup69717

Please don't cheat!

Page 332 of 1178 FirstFirst ... 232282322328329330331332333334335336342382432 ... LastLast