View Poll Results: Which starter would you use?

Voters
3150. You may not vote on this poll
  • Chespin

845 26.83%
  • Fennekin

1,329 42.19%
  • Froakie

849 26.95%
  • NONE, Dunsparce looks better

127 4.03%
Page 337 of 1178 FirstFirst ... 237287327333334335336337338339340341347387437 ... LastLast
Results 8,401 to 8,425 of 29437

Thread: Starter Speculation/Discussion Thread

Quote Originally Posted by Papousse View Post
    Anyway, I found this drawing of a possible evolution of Chespin. It looks cool, but I'm against the flower on the tail. Too much like Meganium.
    For the others, I found some drawings without colors of all the evolution. These are pretty awesome, you guys should check them out !
    i like the designs for Chespin that would be cool, but dont like it for Fennekin and Froakie.

Water starters always have the lowest speed out of the starters it would be good if it were slim and fast. just a thought.
    team_magma93

Why do so many people want Froakie to be slow and fat? There hasn't been a single Water starter that has had the highest Speed stat out of its counterpart starters. Plus, in the trailer, Froakie is clearly using a speedy move, and I can't see a fat Froakie evolution pulling that off.
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~Shraeder~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    So I herd u liek Mudkipz...So do I!
    FC: 4742-5645-2960
    Friend Safari: Aipom, Audino, and DITTO!

I equally like all the starters for different reasons. Fennekin looks elegant and I'm loving the colour scheme for it. Chespin looks funny and wierd, in a good way! Froakie...While I'm not completly loving the design, it just seems so lovable! It just looks so sad though

None of the starters indivudualy for X and Y have really caught my eye, but maybe that will change once
    I see their evolutions. I want so see some interesting type mixes, maybe, in these starters.

Draconic Pokemon are King: My Deviant: http://xxd17.deviantart.com

Omega Ruby Team:

Quote Originally Posted by XXD17 View Post
    Those all seem like some very realistic! Did you draw those?
    Based on those drawings, I would easily go with Chespin, I mean, if those were somewhat like the actual end forms looked like.

Quote Originally Posted by Shraeder View Post
    Why do so many people want Froakie to be slow and fat? There hasn't been a single Water starter that has had the highest Speed stat out of its counterpart starters. Plus, in the trailer, Froakie is clearly using a speedy move, and I can't see a fat Froakie evolution pulling that off.
    Personally, I'd like to see a fast Froaks, as long as Fennekin retains a good speed. To me, none of these starters are looking slow...

Quote Originally Posted by MidnightFennekin View Post
    Personally, I'd like to see a fast Froaks, as long as Fennekin retains a good speed. To me, none of these starters are looking slow...
    Chespin looks like it might be big. He will be the slow one...
    team_magma93

What I think of these:
    Chespin: that's the way I see him going.
    Fennekin: looks well but seems a abit to plain, and I image fennekin as bipedal, I don't know why
    Froakie: reminds me of an old woman from a cartoon I can't remember, other than that I like it
    Last edited by adamfitz; 23rd February 2013 at 9:39 PM.

White2 Friend code: 0519-7592-3571
    X Friend code: 0216-1851-5361
    My safari: FIRE, slugma,growlith,ninetales

I've taken quite a liking to this one.

Guys
    Please avoid discussing fanart of Pokemon here, including of yet-unknown evolutions which is unofficial and encourages off-topic posts discussing the fanart alone rather than the thread topic. If you wish to post/discuss fanart there's the Art Section for that
    come on

Quote Originally Posted by R_N View Post
    Guys

come on

Sorry I even thought of the rule after I posted.
    I think its just because were so parched of info.

Am I the only one who would like the three starters to not have psychic,dark and fighting secondary types?
    I'd like something completely different

I don't know, off the top of my head???

If froakie has cloud on its back
    Chespin stays pure grass
    Fennekin based of fennec fox living near rocks ect..
    water/flying
    Grass
    Fire/rock
    Last edited by adamfitz; 23rd February 2013 at 10:35 PM.

If Fennekin were Fire/rock, then it would get so badly screwed over by leaf type moves. No thanks.

Quote Originally Posted by Umbreon Bob View Post
    If Fennekin were Fire/rock, then it would get so badly screwed over by leaf type moves. No thanks.
    Not exactly. If it were to be Fire/Rock, then Grass type moves would only do normal damage.

I assume you mean Grass? If so then it wouldn't get screwed Fire resists Grass and Rock is weak to Grass so it will take neutral damage. Not unless you consider that "screwed"?

FC: 4699-6505-4258

IGN: Diva

I just wanted to see other things instead of the whole psy,dark and fighting triangle
    Any other ones that seem logical, that you guys can come up with?

Possible ones to me, design wise seem to be:
    Rock(Chespin) ice(froakie) ground(fennekin)
    Steel(Chespin) ice(froakie) ground(fennekin)
    Ground(Chespin) ice(froakie) fire(fennekin)
    Rock(Chespin) flying(froakie) fighting(fennekin)
    Grass(Chespin) ice(froakie) rock(fennekin)
    Grass(Chespin) flying(froakie) rock(fennekin)
    Last edited by adamfitz; 24th February 2013 at 12:39 AM.

As some users said, it would take normal damage.
    Also, it would not be te first time... Empoleon is normally damaged by Fire, Torterra is normally damaged by Water, etc.

Are those starters under-powered ? I don't think so.
    Oh my Feebas !
    Newest Shiny !

Spoiler:- My Hunts and Shinies:

ice>ground>rock>ice is another triangle but i DONT see it happening with these 3.
    team_magma93

Quote Originally Posted by adl222 View Post
    ice>ground>rock>ice is another triangle but i DONT see it happening with these 3.
    Chespin-Grass/Rock
    Fennekin-Fire/Ground
    Froakie-Water/Ice

Could happen.

But I still want Steel, Psychic, Dark.

Quote Originally Posted by Shadow♠ View Post
    Chespin-Grass/Rock
    Fennekin-Fire/Ground
    Froakie-Water/Ice

Could happen.

If steel psychic dark were to happen id image Chespin getting steel, and fennewkin and froakie having equal odds on both the other types..

Quote Originally Posted by Shadow♠ View Post
    Chespin-Grass/Rock
    Fennekin-Fire/Ground
    Froakie-Water/Ice

Could happen.

Ouff, isn't it too much ? Imagine. You choose Fennekin and your Rival chooses Froakie. Then later, his Froakie (3rd stage) has 2 types that are super effective on you.
    It's kind a double triangle thing and I don't think that GF his choosing the second type of a starter because of the second types of the other... if they have one.
    Oh my Feebas !
    Newest Shiny !

Spoiler:- My Hunts and Shinies:

Quote Originally Posted by Sealotic View Post
    Ouff, isn't it too much ? Imagine. You choose Fennekin and your Rival chooses Froakie. Then later, his Froakie (3rd stage) has 2 types that are super effective on you.
    It's kind a double triangle thing and I don't think that GF his choosing the second type of a starter because of the second types of the other... if they have one.
    Ice types are not super effective on a Fire/Ground type. And neither Fire or Ground will be super effective on a Grass/Rock type. I would like Fennekin to be Fire/Ground, I like the typing but don't like Camerupt. Hopefully Fennekin will gain that type and become/stay fast. I wouldn't prefer the Grass/Rock combination. It would be super effective against both types then in these situations. I don't really mind the super effectiveness of types though, I care more about design and move-sets. If they can make Grass/Rock work I would be fine with it but I don't particularly like it more than other combinations.

EDIT: Fennekin would become double as weak to Water type moves, but not gain a weakness to Ice. Swampert has a x4 weakness to Sceptile as well.
    Last edited by Drohn; 24th February 2013 at 2:31 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Sealotic View Post
    Well, by the time the rival's starter reaches its third stage, you're certainly expected to have more Pokémon other than your starter so you don't have to rely solely on it.

In Sinnoh, both Torterra and Infernape had an advantage over Empoleon's second type. I don't think GF worries too much with the perfect balance of the secondary types.

3DS Friend Code: 3582-9622-5627

I'm starting to like the Fire/Ground speculation for Fennekin. Fire/Psychic would still be cool though. I'm just hoping it stays on all fours.

Weren't people saying that Fire/Fighting was repeated so much because stealth rock became overused? They removed the TM last gen, so that means we shouldn't get Fire/Fighting? In saying that, rock is weak to ground so that works as well I guess.

November 2014

Signatures by darside34 @deviantart

Hm, I wouldn't be mad if Fire/Ground was Fokko's evolved forms type. I mean, it's a Fennec Fox and it's an interesting type combination. I'm not someone to complain about type or how much of problem it will stand against Water Pokemon.

Page 337 of 1178 FirstFirst ... 237287327333334335336337338339340341347387437 ... LastLast