View Poll Results: Which starter would you use?

Voters
3150. You may not vote on this poll
  • Chespin

845 26.83%
  • Fennekin

1,329 42.19%
  • Froakie

849 26.95%
  • NONE, Dunsparce looks better

127 4.03%
Page 342 of 1178 FirstFirst ... 242292332338339340341342343344345346352392442 ... LastLast
Results 8,526 to 8,550 of 29437

Thread: Starter Speculation/Discussion Thread

Quote Originally Posted by Bus View Post
    We dont have hints at all. Just because they're using other elemental types, it doesnt mean they are those types. Ninetails and Magmorter both are pure fire types than learn Psychic as well as some other elemental moves. Fire types are pretty versatile with Special Attacks, usually. Also, we're not sure Fennekin's even using a psychic type move; it looks like confusion or something, but nobody's certain. And again, even if it is a psychic move, that's not a hint of its type; just an idea of how versatile it could end up being.
    All we have to go off of right now is their moves used in the trailer in which to speculate what their Typing will be so it might very well be a hint. True, just because a pokemon uses a move that is not of their type does not mean they are that type but perhaps they were hinting at the second Types with the second moves? Each starter each used a move that was STAB to their primary Type. Fennekin used Flamethrower(?), Chespin used Solarbeam(?) and Froakie used Water Gun(?). All which are Fire, Grass and Water respectively. It was then later revealed that Chespin, Fennekin and Froakie were Grass, Fire and Water respectively(Even though we all pretty much knew that). So perhaps the second move used was to hint at their secondary Typing's upon evolution? Who knows, it could just be a coincidence that they decided to showcase their Grass, Fire and Water moves representing their primary type but that's all we really have to go on right now.

FC: 4699-6505-4258

IGN: Diva

Quote Originally Posted by Stardastarly View Post
    Are you forgetting about Charmander? Did it look like it was obviously going to turn into a flying type? What about Torchic? Did it scream out 'I'M A FIGHTING CHICKEN' to you? No. Neither did Piplup being a Steel type. Just because a Pokémon might not look like a certain type before it evolves, it never means it strictly will not evolve to be that type. I defiantly have to agree with BroaddySN about this. They have a very good point, so I'm going to lay my hopes on Grass/Flying, Fire/Psychic and Water/Fighting for the starters. But then Water/Fighting does sound like Game Freak just wants to get away with there obsessiveness over fighting type starter Pokémon.
    that is true but chespin would be a flying squirrel if he was part flying
    he isn't a squirrel so it wouldn't happen

Im just hoping that Chespin stays on two legs and Fennekin stays a quadraped...

Friend Code: 2234 - 8338 - 9114

Quote Originally Posted by Bearcubxox View Post
    Im just hoping that Chespin stays on two legs and Fennekin stays a quadraped...
    i am actually hoping that fennekin becomes bipedal
    no being bipedal would not mean he would be fire/fighting many MANY psychic pokes are bipedal
    i am hoping that fennekins evo gets a physique similar to that of either Zoroark or Lucario
    it would be so awesome
    as for Chespin i would be fine with him being bipedal or quadrupedal i wouldn't mind either

lol Fennekin's got 666 votes( as of the time I'm posting this). Looks like we know who the evil Pokemon is this generation.

FC: 4699-6505-4258

IGN: Diva

I just think that if Fennekin does become a fire psychic pokemon it needs to stay a quadruped... I just dont like that the grass starter always ends up like falling over and never getting up again...

Saying that no pokemon has such an annoying case for this than Dewott, I dont want a new samurott this gen but if I could go back in time and change it somehow I would... as a pokemon Samurott is alright but as an evolution of oshawott and dewott, I am so dissapointed... And as for it being the Samurai based pokemon... Putting it on all fours was SO THE WRONG WAY TO GO! its as if they were designing it and honestly thought "How can I ruin this?"... Anyway yeah my point, my point is I dont want ANY pokemon to randomly become a quadruped! So if Chespin becomes a quadruped... I think I will just choose a different start in principle...

I just think that if Fennekin does become a fire psychic pokemon it needs to stay a quadruped... I just dont like that the grass starter always ends up like falling over and never getting up again...

Saying that no pokemon has such an annoying case for this than Dewott, I dont want a new samurott this gen but if I could go back in time and change it somehow I would... as a pokemon Samurott is alright but as an evolution of oshawott and dewott, I am so dissapointed... And as for it being the Samurai based pokemon... Putting it on all fours was SO THE WRONG WAY TO GO! its as if they were designing it and honestly thought "How can I ruin this?"... Anyway yeah my point, my point is I dont want ANY pokemon to randomly become a quadruped! So if Chespin becomes a quadruped... I think I will just choose a different start in principle...
    Sceptile says hi (serperior i think counts)
    i wasn't disappointed with samurott i liked his final evo

i am crossing my fingers tha fennekin is standing up
    and if he's psychic why does he have to be quadruped?
    like i said there are many bipedal psychic types

Yeah but he's a fox... I just think that he should stay on all four legs and be all elegant, the look of a psychic pokemon is that it doesn't need to move much, it fights with its mind. There are mostly 2 legged psychic pokemon I think, but I don't see any reason for a 4 legged pokemon to evolve onto 2 legs and be a psychic pokemon... Personally.

And yeah I know not all of the grass starters do lol but out of all the grass types only 1 is on 2 legs and Serperior... Loses its legs lol as for fire type starters, none of them end up a quadruped, and water pokemon there's only Samurott, which as I say fell over and makes no sense lol

Yeah but he's a fox... I just think that he should stay on all four legs and be all elegant, the look of a psychic pokemon is that it doesn't need to move much, it fights with its mind. There are mostly 2 legged psychic pokemon I think, but I don't see any reason for a 4 legged pokemon to evolve onto 2 legs and be a psychic pokemon... Personally.
    I'm agreeing with you with this. Elegance plays a huge factor in my liking. And it's a fox as well, my wishes are finally being converted into one.

People who are saying that Fennekin's attack wasn't a Psychic-move are in some serious denial, I think... But all right, if I look at it from an objective perspective, I can see it being, say, Hyper Voice, as I've said prior. Not Growl, because it's obviously hurting Kirlia, but I can see it being a sound-based move that actually does deal damage. It's not likely of course, but who's to say? And that has no bearing on what type Fennekin will turn out to be- as has already been said, a Psychic move does not guarantee a Psychic-type.

Now that I'm done being annoying about that... Type-wise, I can see:

For Chespin, Grass/Dark (obviously- near everyone's speculating this), Grass/Ground (I can see Chespin digging, personally), Grass/Rock, Grass/Steel (for roughly the same reason- a spiny grass shell upon evolution) Grass/Flying (because of "Aerial Ace" in the trailer- it's incredibly likely that's what it is, but again, non Flying-types learn it too!) and I'll even throw in pure Grass for good measure. Out of these, the only one I don't really want is Grass/Steel- don't get me wrong, it's a fantastic type, but I can't really see Chespin beating Fennekin... at all, with it. (Not that this is going to in any way going to affect decisions, as Swampert is 4x weak to Sceptile.) Most preferred is Grass/Dark (I'm biased yes, Dark is my favourite type, hush) followed by Grass/Rock I suppose. Admittedly Chespin growing great leafy wings ala Tropius doesn't sound half bad to me, either.

For Fennekin, Fire/Psychic (with a mystic feel- hopefully more unique than Ninetales so as to silence the screams of Vulpix/Zorua clone), Fire/Ground (fennec foxes living in deserts, as has been said), Fire/Flying (growing wings from its ears/its front limbs), Fire/Ghost (Why not? This would be a similar case to Fire/Psychic.), and obviously pure Fire. Personally Fire/Flying or Fire/Ghost would be my favourite choice. (People can scream about Stealth Rock all they want, I dun give two craps about competitive battling.) And I'll express the same concern about Fire/Ground being 4x weak to Water, but I honestly expect Fennekin to be faster than Froakie anyway, so less of a problem.

And then we have Froakie. Water/Fighting (although I can't see that move in the trailer being Close Combat- I can't tell what it is, actually), Water/Electric, Water/Flying (due to the foam bearing a resemblance to clouds), Water/Ice (sure, why not, snow comes from clouds too), Water/Poison (because some frogs are poisonous), and pure Water. There are no 4x weakness issues concerning the starters here, so hooray? Unless Froakie becomes Water/Ground, which I'm doubting... If we're talking personal preference, Water/Flying takes priority (come on people, frog on a cloud, or growing cloudy wings ala Altaria!) followed by a nice slim and fast Water/Fighting.

So for me I guess I'm saying Grass/Dark or Grass/Rock for Chespin, Fire/Flying or Fire/Ghost for Fennekin and Water/Flying or Water/Fighting for Froakie. I have no doubt I'll be completely wrong, though.

Tl;dr: ...I type way too much... ._.

Current mono-type: TFL, Round 4
    Game: Black 2 (6/8)

Regions cleared: Johto | Hoenn | Sinnoh | Unova | (More? Let's finish these first~)

And yeah I know not all of the grass starters do lol but out of all the grass types only 1 is on 2 legs and Serperior... Loses its legs lol as for fire type starters, none of them end up a quadruped, and water pokemon there's only Samurott, which as I say fell over and makes no sense lol
    Zoroark and Lucario are both foxes...
    and i still see him being bipedal
    elegance doesn't mean he has to stay on four legs

Quote Originally Posted by Yveltal96 View Post
    Zoroark and Lucario are both foxes...
    and i still see him being bipedal
    elegance doesn't mean he has to stay on four legs
    Lucario is a jackal.
    Male or Female? You just never know, and that's one of the greatest things about these two~

Quote Originally Posted by Konoko_Hasano View Post
    Lucario is a jackal.
    ok still he shares similarities to foxes
    also Zoroark is a fox and is bipedal
    why can't Fennekin become bipedal?

Quote Originally Posted by cascadethewarrior View Post
    lol Fennekin's got 666 votes( as of the time I'm posting this). Looks like we know who the evil Pokemon is this generation.
    Even with that amount of votes, I've seen both Chespin and Froakie have huge fanbases alongside. So no starter this gen is really getting shafted down the gutter.

Quote Originally Posted by your boss View Post
    Even with that amount of votes, I've seen both Chespin and Froakie have huge fanbases alongside. So no starter this gen is really getting shafted down the gutter.
    agreed i have to say this is the first gen where i love all three starters
    ...didn't like emboar too much
    or empoleon

Quote Originally Posted by Demon Kitsune Yoko Kurama View Post
    I'm agreeing with you with this. Elegance plays a huge factor in my liking. And it's a fox as well, my wishes are finally being converted into one.
    How about a six-legged evolution for Fennekin? Like a 4-armed Machamp and a six-legged Giratina.

Quote Originally Posted by confuser987 View Post
    How about a six-legged evolution for Fennekin? Like a 4-armed Machamp and a six-legged Giratina.
    not sure how i would feel about that...
    i mean if they can pull it off then by all means do so

Quote Originally Posted by confuser987 View Post
    Yes, most of us don't want it on 2 legs.... But, that doesn't mean we want it on 6 legs. I think 4 is just fine.
    Last edited by carboncopy; 27th February 2013 at 6:27 AM.

I'm happy with Fennekin staying on all fours, it'll be the first fire pokemon doing so, so let it happen! Really hope Chespin stays Bipedal though.
    Ruby: 0/8
    Sapphire: 0/8
    Emerald: 7/8
    FireRed: 8/8
    LeafGreen: 6/8
    Diamond: 0/8
    Pearl: 0/8
    Platinum: 7/8
    HeartGold: 16/16 (350/493)
    SoulSilver: 9/16
    Black:
    White:
    White 2:
    Black 2:

FC= 1121 0822 2345

Quote Originally Posted by golduck#1 View Post
    I'm happy with Fennekin staying on all fours, it'll be the first fire pokemon doing so, so let it happen! Really hope Chespin stays Bipedal though.
    I never thought about that bit of info before, but I most certainly agree. It would be very nice to see fennekin stay on all fours. I got a little hyped up when the speculation was a new dual typing for the starters, and it was rather sad to know that they are only one type in the end. Maybe they will evolve and gain a second type later (like trapinch to flygon).

I never thought about that either and it would be a nice change of pace.

Quote Originally Posted by Skitzo View Post
    I never thought about that bit of info before, but I most certainly agree. It would be very nice to see fennekin stay on all fours. I got a little hyped up when the speculation was a new dual typing for the starters, and it was rather sad to know that they are only one type in the end. Maybe they will evolve and gain a second type later (like trapinch to flygon).
    That's what everyone's guessing after the second moves we were shown for each starter.

Houndoom, houndour, torkoal, rapidash, ponyta, vulpix, ninetales, growlithe, arcanine. And so on and so on.

I think the main thing is people don't like change coupled with the amount of awesome fakemon evolutions there are out there today. It gives us too much time to find one we like and hope out for that.
    I absolutely hated what they did with samurott I'd spent months holding out for a water/fighting samurai only to have my hopes dash, but after my latest run through white 2 he has grown on my massively.

I'm hoping fenniken and chespin stay on all fours but froakie is on two legs. (And please be water/fighting)
    Last edited by WNDR; 27th February 2013 at 10:09 AM.
    White FC: 0046-3335-5684

Knowing Nintendo, they wont make a water/fighting (a certain starter deserved it...or steel), but will make another fire/fighter
    FC: 1332-8918-6873
    Credit: AstralShadow (userbar) & Kida-Ookami (badge) & SwornMetalhead (symbol)

I can't see them doing fire/fighting, just because it would be too repetitive. I can't see them saying "oh well if the fandom want us to drop fire/fighting we will."
    I'm hoping it won't be fire/fighting because there is no reason for it to be infernape and embour were characters from that Chinese story so their back story led to their typing but they are done with that now and can move on.

Unless there was a fox in that story that nobody has ever mentioned to me before?
    White FC: 0046-3335-5684

No! Somebody check that story!
    Well, there is some speculation that there is a frog in the story. Yes, a frog. Don't know about a fox though.
    Froakie could be Water/Fighting! And that move he used in the trailer...

I have claimed the Pigs!

Anime Style Battling Squad Summary

Page 342 of 1178 FirstFirst ... 242292332338339340341342343344345346352392442 ... LastLast