View Poll Results: Which starter would you use?

Voters
3150. You may not vote on this poll
  • Chespin

845 26.83%
  • Fennekin

1,329 42.19%
  • Froakie

849 26.95%
  • NONE, Dunsparce looks better

127 4.03%
Page 343 of 1178 FirstFirst ... 243293333339340341342343344345346347353393443 ... LastLast
Results 8,551 to 8,575 of 29437

Thread: Starter Speculation/Discussion Thread

Just looked there's a few monks and a horse but nothing else I could see so roll on fire/absolutely anything else
    White FC: 0046-3335-5684

Quote Originally Posted by JBreese View Post
    Just looked there's a few monks and a horse but nothing else I could see so roll on fire/absolutely anything else
    what about the frog? Did you see that?
    Quote Originally Posted by BNator92
    shiny Klefki has the hidden ability GTA where you can jack cabs in Luminose City and transport yourself to various areas without a fee.
    ----
    Quote Originally Posted by HEB View Post
    Diancie is the regional mew not Hoopa who is like... Kami trio master or something...
    Quote Originally Posted by Excitable Boy View Post
    maybe it's a Pokemon and not a regional anything
    Quote Originally Posted by Mew The Gato View Post
    Obviously, you are supposed to slow down the opponent with Sticky Web, tie them up with String Shot, give them an Infestation, Toxicate them, Smash your Shell, yet Attract them somehow, and then Rollout all over them like Whitney's Miltank. Battle cry of doom optional.Remember, kids, this is not to be tried in ASB!

Unfortunately not but I was only reading the Wikipedia synopsis not in great detail.
    White FC: 0046-3335-5684

Quote Originally Posted by JBreese View Post
    Unfortunately not but I was only reading the Wikipedia synopsis not in great detail.
    I'll try to read it on my own later...
    I feel that all the speculation is dying down since we haven't had any major news lately...Game Freak should provide at least little bits regularly to keep the speculation going...
    Oh, if Chespin becomes Grass/Flying, will it sprout leafy wings and a banana beard?
    shiny Klefki has the hidden ability GTA where you can jack cabs in Luminose City and transport yourself to various areas without a fee.
    ----
    Diancie is the regional mew not Hoopa who is like... Kami trio master or something...
    Obviously, you are supposed to slow down the opponent with Sticky Web, tie them up with String Shot, give them an Infestation, Toxicate them, Smash your Shell, yet Attract them somehow, and then Rollout all over them like Whitney's Miltank. Battle cry of doom optional.Remember, kids, this is not to be tried in ASB!

I don't really understand why people thinks Chespin will be Grass/Flying. Grovile/Sceptile were also supposed to be Grass/Flying...

Well, Fire/Dark isn't considered anymore... That's a type that will work....

Everything is possible from now anyway... Except probably Ghost and Dragon and Normal, I'd say...

Personally, I'd like Froakie to stay pretty slim, and have a pretty good speed. We really need a speedy Water Starter.
    And if Fennekin stay as elegant and beautifull he is now, I don't care that much...
    For Chespin... I see him being similar to Samurott in evolution, but really I don't know...

(In fact, I'd like it to become a Water Infernape, no matter what is type is...)

And I imagine really well Froakie and Fennekin staying Pure Tipe, and Chespin being the only one to gain a new type.

Fennekin will probably be a fast special Sweeper, by the look of it.
    Chespin seems to become a physical attacker. I can see him being a physical Tank, but He can also become pretty fast.
    My prediction is low Special Attack and Special deffense, Good HP, Attack, Def, and Medium Speed.
    Froakie... I can see him become absolutely anything. I'd say Mixed Attacker, based on the trailer.

Fennekin can also become Mixed, but I see him being more Special orriented.
    If Chespin have Higher Special stats than physical one, this would really be a big surprise for me. Though he can also become a deffensive Pokemon
    Last edited by shytende; 27th February 2013 at 10:50 AM.

Thumbs up

There isn't a fox anywhere in the novel! The only thing remotely close to a frog is some kind of water demon. Who knows, Froakie could be Water/Dark...
    ----

Quote Originally Posted by ReshiZekyurem View Post
    There isn't a fox anywhere in the novel! The only thing remotely close to a frog is some kind of water demon. Who knows, Froakie could be Water/Dark...
    I really believe this to be the case with Froakie. Having searched around on Wikipedia a bit, I came across some interesting things regarding certain kinds of frogs...

There is a certain family of Frogs called Leptodactylidae. This family has several members which lay their eggs in nests made of foam, and in the genus Eleutherodactylus, the eggs hatch directly into small Frogs rather than go through a tadpole stage like other Frogs do.
    Froakie is a small Frog with no tadpole stage, and it has a very obvious connection with foam, so there's no doubt in my mind that Froakie is based on Frogs in the Eleutherodactylus genus.

Here's the thing though, This genus has two other names. They have also been called "Rain Frogs" and, more interestingly, "Robber Frogs".
    It's been speculated before that the foam on Froakie's back is some kind of sack like those that Burglars are known to carry, and it's easy to see why because, well, it does. It's for these reasons that I think Froakie may very well end up as a Dark-type with a basis on Burglar's and Robbers in it's design.

Of course, I'm going to look like a complete idiot if this is all wrong. I wouldn't put it past Gamefreak to make it look like it's going to be one type and then make it something completely different (Thinking of Samurott, mainly. How is that thing NOT Water/Fighting?).

Quote Originally Posted by ShadowKreach View Post
    I really believe this to be the case with Froakie. Having searched around on Wikipedia a bit, I came across some interesting things regarding certain kinds of frogs...

There is a certain family of Frogs called Leptodactylidae. This family has several members which lay their eggs in nests made of foam, and in the genus Eleutherodactylus, the eggs hatch directly into small Frogs rather than go through a tadpole stage like other Frogs do.
    Froakie is a small Frog with no tadpole stage, and it has a very obvious connection with foam, so there's no doubt in my mind that Froakie is based on Frogs in the Eleutherodactylus genus.

Here's the thing though, This genus has two other names. They have also been called "Rain Frogs" and, more interestingly, "Robber Frogs".
    It's been speculated before that the foam on Froakie's back is some kind of sack like those that Burglars are known to carry, and it's easy to see why because, well, it does. It's for these reasons that I think Froakie may very well end up as a Dark-type with a basis on Burglar's and Robbers in it's design.

Of course, I'm going to look like a complete idiot if this is all wrong. I wouldn't put it past Gamefreak to make it look like it's going to be one type and then make it something completely different (Thinking of Samurott, mainly. How is that thing NOT Water/Fighting?).
    Nice research. I'm a bit convinced that Froakie might end up being a Thief of some sort.
    It's actually an interesting concept.

.: Pumping it up for November!!! | Drawn by me, do not steal. :.
    ~ My Pokemon Omega Ruby & Alpha Sapphire Speculation & Wishlist ~

.: IF YOU HAVE QUESTIONS ABOUT THE GAMES, PLEASE CHECK THE [MAIN SITE] FIRST :.

Although many frogs lay their eggs in foam on their backs
    This is a very interesting idea!
    Would love it a sneaky fast dark froakie.

As for those saying froakie back looks like a cloud it could be a mix of a tree frog, with the reproductive foam and also be based of a glider frog?
    Gliders use there webbed hands and fett, notice froakie quite gloves?

Hmmmm..., I'd say the robber fits extremly well but we know game freak

White2 Friend code: 0519-7592-3571
    X Friend code: 0216-1851-5361
    My safari: FIRE, slugma,growlith,ninetales

Quote Originally Posted by Yveltal96 View Post
    Zoroark and Lucario are both foxes...
    and i still see him being bipedal
    elegance doesn't mean he has to stay on four legs
    Not saying he cant be a biped pokemon but both Lucario and Zoroark have reasons to be bipeds and even then Lucario was always bipedal, what reason would a special attacking psychic fire type fox have for becoming biped from a quadruped? Surely it makes sense to stay on all fours so you can use your body more to move around and dodge while using your mind to attack... I just dont see why it would become a biped pokemon without the need.

Friend Code: 2234 - 8338 - 9114

Please don't attack me
    But I'd actually like to see fennekin be fire fighting
    And I can really see it happening.
    Maybe I can see it because I won't be picking it.
    Like look at
    Torchic
    Piplup
    Oshawot
    Tepig

Nobody could have guessed their final designs, and I'm betting it will be the same for fennekin.

Quote Originally Posted by Skitzo View Post
    I never thought about that bit of info before, but I most certainly agree. It would be very nice to see fennekin stay on all fours. I got a little hyped up when the speculation was a new dual typing for the starters, and it was rather sad to know that they are only one type in the end. Maybe they will evolve and gain a second type later (like trapinch to flygon).
    yes we are talking about them gaining types on evolution
    we know that the starters basic forms are pure
    bulbasaur is the only basic starter with a dual type

Ask me stupid stuff
    Credit for the Banner goes to Sworn Metalhead

I'd love a fire/psychic fennekin on its four legs, with a nice speed and a great spatk, with levitate/wonder guard as its dw ability. Am I asking for too much?

EDIT: LOL, NO WONDER GUARD. I meant magic guard :P
    Last edited by Mr. Cuddles; 27th February 2013 at 6:42 PM. Reason: dumb mistake.

FEAR US.

Spoiler:- Credits and other stuff.:

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Cuddles View Post
    I'd love a fire/psychic fennekin on its four legs, with a nice speed and a great spatk, with levitate/wonder guard as its dw ability. Am I asking for too much?
    Wonder Gaurd. Yes, you are asking too much. Levitate would be nice though, as it can block Enemy and Friendly Earthquakes alike.

But I agree with you, as do most of us, that Fennekin should be a great Quadreped part-Psychic fox, but hopefully not a Kitsune. If I'm correct, our two proper foxes, Ninetales and Zoroark, both represent the kitsune (Ninetales: The Tales, Zoroark: The Illusions). If it got moves like Thunderbolt and Focus Blast It'd be nice, as both are usually available to the Psychic Type. And if I'm correct, all previous Fire Starters could learn Focus Blast (But the kast three were part Fight...)

Psychic is my second favorite type. Seeing it on my top favorite type which is fire would be awesome like they did on Victini. If it winds up on Cute Wittle Fennekin, I'll be happy

I hope it stays on all fours. Its a fox for crying out loud.
    ~Credits to SwornMetalhead for the Banner~

Quote Originally Posted by MidnightFennekin View Post
    Wonder Gaurd. Yes, you are asking too much. Levitate would be nice though, as it can block Enemy and Friendly Earthquakes alike.

But I agree with you, as do most of us, that Fennekin should be a great Quadreped part-Psychic fox, but hopefully not a Kitsune. If I'm correct, our two proper foxes, Ninetales and Zoroark, both represent the kitsune (Ninetales: The Tales, Zoroark: The Illusions). If it got moves like Thunderbolt and Focus Blast It'd be nice, as both are usually available to the Psychic Type. And if I'm correct, all previous Fire Starters could learn Focus Blast (But the kast three were part Fight...)
    The last 5 fire starters are also all bipeds. Typhlosion can do both iirc, but Fennekin's final stage may be our first quadruped. In fact, the only true quadrupeds that learn Focus Blast are the muskadeers. Everything else is capable of standing upon it's hind legs and has reasonably useful arms/appendages.
    Quote Originally Posted by Huspoel View Post
    You're saying some really smart stuff there.

I love this analysis. It'd make for something different when coming to typings and association with frogs. I was wary of Water/Fighting for Froakie just because I'm a little sick of the tadpole/frog Pokemon becoming Fighting-types. Water/Dark does seem ideal imo.

I hope this ends up like Gen IV where all three starters get secondary types, it made that generation very interesting. If any of them end up being pure, I'd prefer it to be Fennekin just because Water starters and Grass starters have had three mono-type lines each, whereas Fire has only gotten one...
    X Team:

Y Team:

Quote Originally Posted by MidnightFennekin View Post

I'm sorry, I meant magic guard :P I agree with you on the rest though, and maybe aura sphere? I'm hoping for three starters in OU this gen.

FEAR US.

Spoiler:- Credits and other stuff.:

Quote Originally Posted by adamfitz View Post
    Please don't attack me
    Like look at
    Torchic
    Piplup
    Oshawot
    Tepig

Nobody could have guessed their final designs, and I'm betting it will be the same for fennekin.

Well.. piplup is a penguin... prinplup is a penguin... and empoleon is basically still a penguin but bigger :')

<-- Click to go to an amazing guild, Edge of Neo Destruction are always recruiting!

Friend Code.. 1220-6368-0567!

Quote Originally Posted by Regality View Post
    Well.. piplup is a penguin... prinplup is a penguin... and empoleon is basically still a penguin but bigger :')
    Yes but I ment steel typing when talking about piplup.

Yes but I ment steel typing when talking about piplup.
    it is a steel type because of the trident it wears as a crown/face, i think...
    Last edited by adl222; 27th February 2013 at 7:10 PM.
    team_magma93

Quote Originally Posted by adl222 View Post
    And a steel suit.
    Sig edited due to exceeding height limit. Read the signature rules before editing your signature.

Please don't attack me
    Like look at
    Torchic
    Piplup
    Oshawot
    Tepig

It's the same with the one who we could have guess the final form. Totodile was easy to guess, same for Snivy and Chimchar. Fennekin could be on this category too. Don't forget to use the opposite of what you said. Yes, we couldn't guess what Oshawott, Tepig, Piplup and Torchic has become today, but there is still some that we could had an idea who was close to the reality.
    Last edited by The Prince of May; 28th February 2013 at 10:22 PM.
    « Be the leaf... »

my deviantArt account

Quote Originally Posted by adl222 View Post
    Except, there is no trident on Piplup's face... He's talking about how Piplup looks like it will become a steel type.

"Do you know the definition of insanity?"
    Y Team:Chesnaught, Talonflame, Blastoise, Aegislash, Tyrantrum, Heliolisk

3DS FC: 3995-6518-0794

Quote Originally Posted by rocky505 View Post
    Except, there is no trident on Piplup's face... He's talking about how Piplup looks like it will become a steel type.
    oh, well by that logic Charmander dint look like it would become flying, torchic fighting, turtwig ground, chimchar fighting, ot tepig fighting.
    team_magma93

Page 343 of 1178 FirstFirst ... 243293333339340341342343344345346347353393443 ... LastLast