View Poll Results: Which starter would you use?

Voters
3150. You may not vote on this poll
  • Chespin

845 26.83%
  • Fennekin

1,329 42.19%
  • Froakie

849 26.95%
  • NONE, Dunsparce looks better

127 4.03%
Page 344 of 1178 FirstFirst ... 244294334340341342343344345346347348354394444 ... LastLast
Results 8,576 to 8,600 of 29437

Thread: Starter Speculation/Discussion Thread

Quote Originally Posted by adl222 View Post
    oh, well by that logic Charmander dint look like it would become flying, torchic fighting, turtwig ground, chimchar fighting, ot tepig fighting.
    With Turtwig, it's kind of different. Its appearance does make it look sort of related to Ground Pokemon.

And then you get the Troll Pokemon, like Torchic, who massively deceive you.
    Reserved

Quote Originally Posted by NotChip View Post
    And then you get the Troll Pokemon, like Torchic, who massively deceive you.
    i still think wtf when i see that Torchic evolves into Blaziken. Not to mention Oshawatt evolving into that sea lion with a shell helmet -__- i cant.

these new starters arent safe atleast one will be ****ed up.
    team_magma93

Quote Originally Posted by adl222 View Post
    i still think wtf when i see that Torchic evolves into Blaziken. Not to mention Oshawatt evolving into that sea lion with a shell helmet -__- i cant.

these new starters arent safe atleast one will be ****ed up.
    I honestly think that this is absurd, as I like it when GF gives us more of a variation as pokemon evolve. Technically, I don't want these starters to look as strikingly similar as their predecessors (i.e. Gen II's starters), but rather different in physique and design overall.
    Ardent user of anything Rock, Steel, Ground, or Fire
    3DS FC: 4296-3229-5439
    Credit to Mochi10 for the userbar/Sworn Metalhead for the awesome banner

Quote Originally Posted by Specter Vyle View Post
    I honestly think that this is absurd, as I like it when GF gives us more of a variation as pokemon evolve. Technically, I don't want these starters to look as strikingly similar as their predecessors (i.e. Gen II's starters), but rather different in physique and design overall.
    I agree. I think it's great when all of the starters look different, it shows creativity in the fact that the evolutions aren't just bigger versions with a few minor aesthetic changes... It gives us an idea that some thought was put into the designs of the starter line.

And whether you like Samurott or not, there was a lot of thought put into that entire line and it shows in its creative design.
    X Team:

Y Team:

Quote Originally Posted by Specter Vyle View Post
    Agreeing with you there.

And I really don't think none of the Starters got screwed over, it's a matter of opinion. :/

Quote Originally Posted by johno1995 View Post
    I agree. I think it's great when all of the starters look different, it shows creativity in the fact that the evolutions aren't just bigger versions with a few minor aesthetic changes... It gives us an idea that some thought was put into the designs of the starter line.

And whether you like Samurott or not, there was a lot of thought put into that entire line and it shows in its creative design.
    I'm in agreement with this, I personally love Samurott, Blaziken, Charizard and the like who change their designs somewhat with the base thematic kept.

It's time to return to the old, soaring back to Hoenn!

I heard a rumor (and I have NO idea if it's true or not), but I heard the evolved form of Fennekin is suppose to look Egyptian and look kind of like Anubis. So if Anubis is associated with death and burial what would that be: Fire/Dark? Fire/Ghost?

Am I suppose to share rumors or will I get in trouble for that? Since this thread says speculation I assume I can share right?
    Pokémon Y Friend Code: 4441-9508-9799
    In-game name: Daniel

I have an Electric Safari: Dedenne, Helioptile, and Luxio.

Quote Originally Posted by RogueLapras View Post
    I heard a rumor (and I have NO idea if it's true or not), but I heard the evolved form of Fennekin is suppose to look Egyptian and look kind of like Anubis. So if Anubis is associated with death and burial what would that be: Fire/Dark? Fire/Ghost?
    Well, that's a pretty damn good thought. Anubis does have a vulpine-esque head. But the head is supposedly "jackel headed".
    Ardent user of anything Rock, Steel, Ground, or Fire
    3DS FC: 4296-3229-5439
    Credit to Mochi10 for the userbar/Sworn Metalhead for the awesome banner

Am I suppose to share rumors or will I get in trouble for that? Since this thread says speculation I assume I can share right?
    Probably Fire/Ghost I'd think, Anubis was never a dark character (in fact, there are more good attributes to him based on the mythology), he just did his job as judging the souls who passed on.
    Last edited by Taodragon; 27th February 2013 at 11:16 PM.

It's time to return to the old, soaring back to Hoenn!

I would take ANY Fire hybrid except Fire/Fighting. Fire/Fighting would be ok, i guess, but I hope we get a new hybrid like Fire/Ghost. I also heard what the other two starters will look like as well.

That would be cool, but where did you hear this rumor from?
    ~It's not always right or wrong, As long as your spirit's strong. It's not always win or lose, It's the road you choose; The answer's within.

It's not always black and white, But your heart always knows what's right.~

a fox with an egyptian head piece does look awesome, and fits with fire/ghost or fire/psychic.
    team_magma93

Well foxes are said to be mythical so being fire/psychic fire/dark, or fire/ghost would make sense. As long as it's a new combination for a starter im happy either way since we were giving fire/fighting for 3 gens in a row -_-

I read that rumor on another forum. I have been trying to find legit pics/rumors about the generation 6 Pokemon. I am very curious about the new changes to the game. I have heard/read some very cool rumors... but that's all they are: rumors. I am hoping a lot of what I have read is true, but it may not be.

^And yeah a Fire/Ghost or Fire/Psychic starter evolution would be awesome. I just hope all the Pokemon look cool.

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Cuddles View Post
    I'd love a fire/psychic fennekin on its four legs, with a nice speed and a great spatk, with levitate/wonder guard as its dw ability. Am I asking for too much?

EDIT: LOL, NO WONDER GUARD. I meant magic guard :P
    don't see Levitate happening
    but magic guard or magic bounce would be cool

Ask me stupid stuff
    Credit for the Banner goes to Sworn Metalhead

Wouldn't it be nice to have pure type starters in a long while?
    But Fire/Ghost would surely be awesome.
    Usually, I have gone for the water type, but I really hope, that it isn't water/ground.
    Hello.

Quote Originally Posted by Ser Crow View Post
    Wouldn't it be nice to have pure type starters in a long while?
    But Fire/Ghost would surely be awesome.
    Usually, I have gone for the water type, but I really hope, that it isn't water/ground.
    Pure starters are not out of the question and I don't mind that.
    Though I don't see Fennekin becoming Fire/Ghost. Also, there is a good chance that Froakie could become Water/Ground.

Quote Originally Posted by carboncopy View Post
    Pure starters are not out of the question and I don't mind that.
    Though I don't see Fennekin becoming Fire/Ghost. Also, there is a good chance that Froakie could become Water/Ground.
    I think it would be great if Fennekin was Fire/Ghost but I agree with you it's not likely. Ninetales looks more like a Fire/Ghost, but it didn't became one. Maybe this is a reason for Fennekin becoming Fire/Ghost.
    But Froakie looks for me so bright light blue I can't imagine that it could e a Water/Ground. It's color reminds me of clear blue water.
        Spoiler:- Friend codes. Contact me if you want to trade:

Thanks to Archangel Armada for this banner.

~ Officially claimed Manaphy. Yay! ~

I really hope they throw us a swerve... Please

No matter what, if they are doing the second dark, fighting and psychic typing, I'd still be happy with chespins typing no matter what but I just hope he doesn't end up on all fours... >.<

Friend Code: 2234 - 8338 - 9114

I've always wanted a dog starter for a long time, and Fennekin looks like a Chihuahua to me (although it is based off of a Fox). So I will probably pick Fennekin.
    Pokemon Team:

A wild Emolga appeared! What would you do?

I read that rumor on another forum. I have been trying to find legit pics/rumors about the generation 6 Pokemon. I am very curious about the new changes to the game. I have heard/read some very cool rumors... but that's all they are: rumors. I am hoping a lot of what I have read is true, but it may not be.

^And yeah a Fire/Ghost or Fire/Psychic starter evolution would be awesome. I just hope all the Pokemon look cool.
    Ah I see. Thanks.
    ~It's not always right or wrong, As long as your spirit's strong. It's not always win or lose, It's the road you choose; The answer's within.

It's not always black and white, But your heart always knows what's right.~

I hope Fennekin is heading for an Anubis-themed evolution, I love ancient myths. Fennec foxes and jackals are native to deserts, not to mention the Egyptian theme, so I think the typing would be Fire/Ground.

i cant wait for atleast a silhouette of the starters final evolution. so excited for 6th generation.
    team_magma93

Page 344 of 1178 FirstFirst ... 244294334340341342343344345346347348354394444 ... LastLast