View Poll Results: Which starter would you use?

Voters
3150. You may not vote on this poll
  • Chespin

845 26.83%
  • Fennekin

1,329 42.19%
  • Froakie

849 26.95%
  • NONE, Dunsparce looks better

127 4.03%
Page 355 of 1178 FirstFirst ... 255305345351352353354355356357358359365405455 ... LastLast
Results 8,851 to 8,875 of 29437

Thread: Starter Speculation/Discussion Thread

I usually pick the water starter, but Fennekin will be an exception, unless of course Froakie's evolutions turn out to be total bosses. I hope Fennekin doesn't turn into a fire/fighting pokemon. I'd really like to see two strange types put together life fire/electric etc. However, by looking at Fennekin, it looks like it's going to evolve into something like a Ninetales, I hope I am wrong though.

My Shinies

Current Targets: Virizion, Dratini, Groudon, Seviper

Latest shinies: Graveler & Floatzel - X - Completely Random - September 1st, 2014.

Emolga is a flying electric squirrel, its inspiration is the flying squirrels that use a membrane between their legs and arms to glide, there are frogs that do the same thing so I wouldn't be surprised to see a flying frog pokemon...

Can we also just take a step back and remember we are talking about pokemon.... I mean... Yeah it makes sense a Fennec fox pokemon could be fire ground, but they could make a psychic water fennec fox if they wanted lol I mean we have a psychic wind chime... ^^! lol We also have a shark of the land in Garchomp...

Friend Code: 2234 - 8338 - 9114

And there doesn't have to be real flying frogs for Froakie to turn out flying. I still think Froakie and it's evolutions are based on the same thing the 'Cloud Frogs' in Wind Waker are based on. So, a big fat toad riding a cloud. :3

Yes, sorry, but I think Froakie will turn out fat..
    Is apparantly Dragon Type in the Friend Safari. Neat.

One of these Spoilers has a very Hot Chick hidden. One has Yaoi. And one will eat your Soul. Choose at your own risk~

Spoiler:- Number 1:

Spoiler:- Number 2:

Spoiler:- Number 3:

Quote Originally Posted by Bueno~ View Post
    Calm down bro, seriously. Bubbaboom IS a dumb name compared to the likes of Blastoise, Feraligatr and Empoleon that are meant to sound cool.
    It'll probably sound much cooler with the big-fat-horned-clouded toad of that rumor.
    I don't really care for "bad" names though, they don't bother me, I was just making fun of it.

Their target market is ~10 years old kids. It IS very childish.
    Quote Originally Posted by Yveltal96 View Post
    yes that is the target audience i understand
    i'm just saying most of the fan base is composed of sub adults and adults

and i really hate bubbaboom
    it's worse than garbador
    Again opinions trying to be stated as fact with poor back up reasoning why. Like I said, is it that hard to nickname a Pokemon?

My starter predictions:

Grass/Flying---ok,I know that the XY guy said it too,but I said it first.And if you check out the first pages of this thread you'll see that.I noticed that Chesping looked sort of aerodynamic.Is arms are quite long and I believe they'll get longer and will somewhat connect to its leaf cap things.Also,its tail could develop into a flower that resembles tail feathers or something of the sort.

Fire/Psychic---yeah...I'm compelled to believe this.It just has that look...And it would make a great sweeper.If it has a high sp attack and speed then it could conquer then dominant Steel and Fighting types---there are too many of them.Nasty Plot anyone?^^

Water/Ice---I still think it'll be based on frozen frogs.Ice frog price concept. http://paigepooler.com/illos/FrogPrince.gif
    Last edited by Nacreous; 4th March 2013 at 1:18 PM.

"Fear is Freedom!
    Subjugation is Liberation!
    Contradiction is Truth!
    These are the truths of the world! Surrender to these truths, you pigs in human clothing!"

Quote Originally Posted by Nacreous View Post
    My starter predictions:

Grass/Flying---ok,I know that the XY guy said it too,but I said it first.And if you check out the first pages of this thread you'll see that.I noticed that Chesping looked sort of aerodynamic.Is arms are quite long and I believe they'll get longer and will somewhat connect to its leaf cap things.Also,its tail could develop into a flower that resembles tail feathers or something of the sort.

Fire/Psychic---yeah...I'm compelled to believe this.It just has that look...And it would make a great sweeper.If it has a high sp attack and speed then it could conquer then dominant Steel and Fighting types---there are too many of them.

Water/Ice---I still think it'll be based on frozen frogs.Ice frog price concept. http://paigepooler.com/illos/FrogPrince.gif
    I started off saying I would like Froakie water/ice and I still would like it. Could also mean it'll be a fast water starter. However I can't see Chespin or Fennekin turning bulky so I guess we'll have to wait .
    Ruby: 0/8
    Sapphire: 0/8
    Emerald: 7/8
    FireRed: 8/8
    LeafGreen: 6/8
    Diamond: 0/8
    Pearl: 0/8
    Platinum: 7/8
    HeartGold: 16/16 (350/493)
    SoulSilver: 9/16
    Black:
    White:
    White 2:
    Black 2:

FC= 1121 0822 2345

Quote Originally Posted by golduck#1 View Post
    But it lives in the desert. A cactus can live anywhere (not to mention it's a plant, which means that it doesn't have to survive the desert. Hence why a sunflora isn't part fire for the sun) and doesn't need anything from the desert to keep it alive. A fox needs the warm temperature and specific food from desert regions. It's like your saying a turtle doesn't need to be a water Pokemon because it only lives in the water. I'm just going to reassure you that I'm not saying that it's not psychic or that the move in the trailer wasn't a psychic move but I am saying that it does make sense for it to be part ground and I wouldn't be surprised if it was. Don't just say you don't think it will be that or that it wont be that just you don't like it. Think and you will see that there is some sort of sense behind it and accept it.
    Fennec foxes can live in other places besides the desert
    Trust me I know I own one
    They don't have to live in the desert
    And it isn't because I don't like it fire/ground is a cool combo but it wouldn't make sense for fennekin because he shows no attributes if a ground type cacti also originate from the desert and were breed outside of their habitat so were fennecs

Fennec foxes can live in other places besides the desert
    Trust me I know I own one
    They don't have to live in the desert
    And it isn't because I don't like it fire/ground is a cool combo but it wouldn't make sense for fennekin because he shows no attributes if a ground type cacti also originate from the desert and were breed outside of their habitat so were fennecs
    A cactus is a plant hence why it has a grass typing. Cacturne appears to be a scarecrow which is probably the reason for it's dark typing. As for maractus, I can't really explain that except that I guess they decided to stick with it just being a plant and not it's habitat. However if you look at almost every single pokemon you'll find a reason why it's thats the type. Where they are from is a reason for a lot of pokemon. Like water pokemon, ice pokemon and flying pokemon. However you have the exception of some things which are just obvious why it's that typing. Like bug pokemon, they live in all sorts of places but fall under the typing bug. Even though they can live in grass it doesn't mean they are grass Pokemon (like Maractus, it's a plant so you do the math). However a turtle pokemon doesn't fall under any specific type. They live in the water hence causing the typing of water. Now for a fox it doesn't fall under a type, however a fox that lives in the desert does. Hence why it does make sense.
    Black:
    White:
    White 2:
    Black 2:

FC= 1121 0822 2345

A cactus is a plant hence why it has a grass typing. Cacturne appears to be a scarecrow which is probably the reason for it's dark typing. As for maractus, I can't really explain that except that I guess they decided to stick with it just being a plant and not it's habitat. However if you look at almost every single pokemon you'll find a reason why it's thats the type. Where they are from is a reason for a lot of pokemon. Like water pokemon, ice pokemon and flying pokemon. However you have the exception of some things which are just obvious why it's that typing. Like bug pokemon, they live in all sorts of places but fall under the typing bug. Even though they can live in grass it doesn't mean they are grass Pokemon (like Maractus, it's a plant so you do the math). However a turtle pokemon doesn't fall under any specific type. They live in the water hence causing the typing of water. Now for a fox it doesn't fall under a type, however a fox that lives in the desert does. Hence why it does make sense.
    well every pokemon at least looks like his type cryogonal is a snowflake so that is why he's ice. he lives in twist mountain because he is ice
    flying pokemon are flying pokemon because they can fly. You won't just find some floating pokemon and call it flying type levitate is for that
    grass pokemon are made of plants that is why they're grass
    and bugs are bug type because they LOOK like bugs and have a bugs anatomy
    water types are water type because they are fish and other aquatic creatures
    so typing is based mostly on appearance actually
    and the fox is fire type we know that much for sure
    and location almost never has to do with the type otherwise maractus and cacturne would be ground type
    and fennekin doesn't LOOK like a ground type
    his design and attacks scream psychic
    in the trailer and in appearance NOTHING about him indicates a ground type
    i mean seriously by your logic maractus and cacturne should be ground

well every pokemon at least looks like his type cryogonal is a snowflake so that is why he's ice. he lives in twist mountain because he is ice
    flying pokemon are flying pokemon because they can fly. You won't just find some floating pokemon and call it flying type levitate is for that
    grass pokemon are made of plants that is why they're grass
    and bugs are bug type because they LOOK like bugs and have a bugs anatomy
    water types are water type because they are fish and other aquatic creatures
    so typing is based mostly on appearance actually
    and the fox is fire type we know that much for sure
    and location almost never has to do with the type otherwise maractus and cacturne would be ground type
    and fennekin doesn't LOOK like a ground type
    his design and attacks scream psychic
    in the trailer and in appearance NOTHING about him indicates a ground type
    i mean seriously by your logic maractus and cacturne should be ground
    Yeah and why do they look like that? Because they based it off something.
    Black:
    White:
    White 2:
    Black 2:

FC= 1121 0822 2345

Yeah and why do they look like that? Because they based it off something.
    yes and what is maractus and cacturne based off of?
    oh yeah that's right a cactus
    and once again according to you they should be ground
    yet you deny it
    don't be a hypocrite
    that thing isn't ground
    it doesn't look like it will be a ground type
    and we have never seen any moves used by it to indicate it will be ground
    in the trailer it used a fire move and a psychic move
    it is almost guaranteed it will be psychic

yes and what is maractus and cacturne based off of?
    oh yeah that's right a cactus
    and once again according to you they should be ground
    yet you deny it
    don't be a hypocrite
    that thing isn't ground
    it doesn't look like it will be a ground type
    and we have never seen any moves used by it to indicate it will be ground
    in the trailer it used a fire move and a psychic move
    it is almost guaranteed it will be psychic
    I never said it should be ground, I gave answers to why it shouldn't be. But to argue again, it's grass because it's a plant. Thats what a cactus is, a plant.

But if you truely think it shouldnt be ground just because it lives in the desert answer me this. Why is it that all the animals that live in the water are pokemon fire water from there mouth. Not because they live in the water hey because that doesn't work according to you, and I am not contradicting myself because plants already have a typing which is grass. Bug already are bug pokemon, wizards etc are psychics and dragons are dragons. But you when you base them off things you get the typings as well. Hence why pokemon get typings as well that are different, like vileplume etc.
    Last edited by golduck#1; 4th March 2013 at 3:46 PM.
    Black:
    White:
    White 2:
    Black 2:

FC= 1121 0822 2345

I never said it should be ground, I gave answers to why it shouldn't be. But to argue again, it's grass because it's a plant. Thats what a cactus is, a plant.

But if you truely think it shouldnt be ground just because it lives in the desert answer me this. Why is it that all the animals that are pokemon fire water from there mouth. Not because they live in the water hey because that doesn't work according to you.
    because it's a game
    and your reasons make no sense you keep contradicting yourself

Ah I know I keep comtradicting myself but I don't know any other way to put it. How else can you give a turtle a type? You can't unless it's based of something. A squirtle is a turtle, a sea turtle. Meaning it water. That's the closest thing you can give it to a type. Cacturne is a plant hence why you HAVE to give it the grass type, so it's location doesn't need to be used for it's typing. Fennec is a fire breathing fox. If it were to get a second typing it could be ground just because it's from the desert region. It could be psychic if it was based something off that would be considered psychic. You don't have to give a pokemon a type just for the sake of it but you could give it a type from what it's based on hence why it could happen.

Just because it can use a psychic move as well doesn't mean it is a psychic type (even though I know it would be kind of weird for it to not be a psychic type considering it appeared to be using a psychic type move in the trailer). Ninetales can use energy ball but is a fire type.

^ That is the type of arguement you are giving me.
    Black:
    White:
    White 2:
    Black 2:

FC= 1121 0822 2345

Ah I know I keep comtradicting myself but I don't know any other way to put it. How else can you give a turtle a type? You can't unless it's based of something. A squirtle is a turtle, a sea turtle. Meaning it water. That's the closest thing you can give it to a type. Cacturne is a plant hence why you HAVE to give it the grass type, so it's location doesn't need to be used for it's typing. Fennec is a fire breathing fox. If it were to get a second typing it could be ground just because it's from the desert region. It could be psychic if it was based something off that would be considered psychic. You don't have to give a pokemon a type just for the sake of it but you could give it a type from what it's based on hence why it could happen.

Just because it can use a psychic move as well doesn't mean it is a psychic type (even though I know it would be kind of weird for it to not be a psychic type considering it appeared to be using a psychic type move in the trailer). Ninetales can use energy ball but is a fire type.

^ That is the type of arguement you are giving me.
    You do realize the majority of turtles are aquatic creatures right
    And also what fire type can learn a psychic move?
    And I get nine tales can buy I guess I mean what ground type can

You do realize the majority of turtles are aquatic creatures right
    And also what fire type can learn a psychic move?
    And I get nine tales can buy I guess I mean what ground type can
    OMG, YES! THAT IS WHAT I HAVE BEEN TRYING TO EXPLAIN! They are aquatic becuase they live in the sea bam. What ground type can learn grass? Oh wait Torterra. What water pokemon can learn an electric attack, oh wait lanturn. What fighting pokemon can learn water attacks, oh wait Powliwrath. We keep going in a circle you know?
    Black:
    White:
    White 2:
    Black 2:

FC= 1121 0822 2345

OMG, YES! THAT IS WHAT I HAVE BEEN TRYING TO EXPLAIN! They are aquatic becuase they live in the sea bam. What ground type can learn grass? Oh wait Torterra. What water pokemon can learn an electric attack, oh wait lanturn. What fighting pokemon can learn water attacks, oh wait Powliwrath. We keep going in a circle you know?
    You pretty much just supported what I said
    You keep contradicting yourself bro
    And he is aquatic because his prey is also aquatic
    Where he lives doesn't solely depend on whether he's aquatic or not
    Even aquatic turtles go to land

You pretty much just supported what I said
    You keep contradicting yourself bro
    And he is aquatic because his prey is also aquatic
    Where he lives doesn't solely depend on whether he's aquatic or not
    Even aquatic turtles go to land
    How did I support what you said? You said what ground pokemon can learn a psychic attack. I gave you a list a types that can learn other moves just because of it's other type. If you are going to say hat fire pokemon can learn psychic attacks to that then look at the dex. Magmar is one and there is probably a few more. Just dude come on, turtle bascally lives in the water.
    Black:
    White:
    White 2:
    Black 2:

FC= 1121 0822 2345

Before you even try and argue to reply I am done. I would love to see the egyptian fire/psychic type evo but could also see it being ground for obvious reasons. Would love to see Chespin still be fighting as well. Maybe go Electric/Fighting/Ground
    Black:
    White:
    White 2:
    Black 2:

FC= 1121 0822 2345

.... That.... I don't even know where to begin... I can see where your both coming from but it's pokemon :-) there's a ground type crocodile, a fire type gorilla, fire type monkey, payching type rock, an electric type dog and a fire breathing snail... There's also been a water crocodile, a water fish, a grass flower, a grass monkey, a water type lillypad...

So your both right and it is possible for all we know Fennekin could become fire ground because fennec foxes usually live in desserts, Fennekin might turn in to a fire psychic.. The main support for this is it using what probably is, but it's not confirmed, a psychic type move.

But it could just as easily become a fire, water or whatever for all we know...
    Last edited by Bearcubxox; 4th March 2013 at 5:37 PM.

Friend Code: 2234 - 8338 - 9114

Quote Originally Posted by Bearcubxox View Post
    .... That.... I don't even know where to begin... I can see where your both coming from but it's pokemon :-) there's a ground type crocodile, a fire type gorilla, fire type monkey, payching type rock, an electric type dog and a fire breathing snail... There's also been a water crocodile, a water fish, a grass flower, a grass monkey, a water type lillypad...

So your both right and it is possible for all we know Fennekin could become fire ground because fennec foxes usually live in desserts, Fennekin might turn in to a fire psychic.. The main support for this is it using what probably is, but it's not confirmed, a psychic type move.

But it could just as easily become a fire, water or whatever for all we know...
    Or we could just all be wrong and we could get something like Fennekin being Fire/Poison just because it wants to be. (I do think Fire/Poison would be an epic combo for something, though; I just like the idea.)

Fennekin will be Fire/Dragon
    Chespin will be Grass/Psychic
    Froakie will be Water/Bug

Heard it here first!
    Is apparantly Dragon Type in the Friend Safari. Neat.

One of these Spoilers has a very Hot Chick hidden. One has Yaoi. And one will eat your Soul. Choose at your own risk~

Spoiler:- Number 1:

Spoiler:- Number 2:

Spoiler:- Number 3:

Chespin > Grass/Sound
    Fennekin > Fire/Light
    Froakie > Water/Love

Imagine
    My 3DS games:

- Mario Kart 7 (2011)
    - Resident Evil: Revelations (2011)
    - Super Mario 3D Land (2011)
    - Bravely Default (2012)
    - Fifa 13 (2012)
    - Fire Emblem: Awakening (2012)
    - Etrian Odyssey Untold: The Millennium Girl (2013)
    - Pokémon Y (2013)
    - Steel Diver: Sub Wars (2014)

I doubt it will be Fire and Fighting-type. Fennekin, I can tell, is also a Fennec Fox Pokemon, a fox from the desert.

I would choose Fennekin, she looks totes CUTE! Can't wait till X and Y come out, I (might/will) buy it for my 3DS...

Spoiler:- Credits:

Add me on my Pokemon Games!
    Pokemon White 2: (will add later in 2014 :P)
    3DS Friend Code: 5043-2269-9331

Current MM: Shiny Flawless DW Male Espurr: N/A

Quote Originally Posted by LeafytheLeafeon View Post
    I doubt it will be Fire and Fighting-type. Fennekin, I can tell, is also a Fennec Fox Pokemon, a fox from the desert.
    That right there could go either way. Not all Pokemon get their type determined from their real life environment. So, it could or it couldn't be Fire/Ground.

Page 355 of 1178 FirstFirst ... 255305345351352353354355356357358359365405455 ... LastLast