View Poll Results: Which starter would you use?

Voters
3150. You may not vote on this poll
  • Chespin

845 26.83%
  • Fennekin

1,329 42.19%
  • Froakie

849 26.95%
  • NONE, Dunsparce looks better

127 4.03%
Page 362 of 1178 FirstFirst ... 262312352358359360361362363364365366372412462 ... LastLast
Results 9,026 to 9,050 of 29437

Thread: Starter Speculation/Discussion Thread

Default Wow, I made a mistake

Quote Originally Posted by anderdan View Post
    I think Chespin will be the bulky one and Froakie will be more slender and fast starter and Fennekin will be more the more rounded one.
    This sounds plausible. Hedgehogs/porcupines tend to be bulky. Well, as bulky as hedgehogs can get anyways. Froakie looked fast in the trailer, and a failry good of majority aren't bulky. Don't know about fennekin, foxes tend to be on the slender side, but who knows.

If chespin ends up being a tall bulky hedgehog, like what a lot of the fan art is guessing, I'll love the guy.

What do you guys want to bet will be the number of chespins named sonic if ends up looking clearly like a hedgehog?
    Last edited by CrusherTheFeraligatr; 8th March 2013 at 6:25 PM.
    Yo, fellow Poke' lovers! My favorite is Feraligatr, but I love most pokemon. I've lots of pokemon hatched/caught, are willing to trade some.

Can breed a lot of pokemon, I have POKERUS, lot of HA pokes, PM me if you are willing to trade.

"If you love it enough you can have another because the new Pokemon can never take the sentimental value of the original, but can make new memories to add to the good times"
    -My younger brother

Friend code-1375 7776 2368-Heather

My Pangoro in the 6th gen remake of a 3rd gen game will be my future 63rd hundred. This is a great epiphany.

Quote Originally Posted by CrusherTheFeraligatr View Post
    This sounds plausible. Hedgehogs/porcupines tend to be bulky. Well, as bulky as hedgehogs can get anyways. Froakie looked fast in the trailer, and a failry good of majority aren't bulky. Don't know about fennekin, foxes tend to be on the slender side, but who knows.

If chespin ends up being a tall bulky hedgehog, like what a lot of the fan art is guessing, I'll love the guy.

What do you guys want to bet will be the number of chespins named sonic if ends up looking clearly like a hedgehog?
    Uh..... *hides my idea of naming chespin Sonic* although I named some of my water starters after him not all but like 3 don't ask why

I am still going for fennekin though let's just hope she is not fighting I'm tired of that combination on the starter its too much for a charizard lover xD
    ~Credits to SwornMetalhead for the Banner~

I think I'm leaning away from choosing Fennekin. For some reason, I never like the most praised one. I can't decide between Froakie or Chespin. Chespin looks like a mix between Nuzleaf and seedot, and I always liked that evo line. But, I also liked all the frog pokemon that Ken Sugimori/Whoever else made.
    B2W2 All-Stars Team
    Emboar
    Starmie
    Leavanny
    Skarmory
    Ampharos
    Krookodile

Spoiler:- Shiny Hunt:

Spoiler:- My Black Team (Current):

I think chespin or froakie will have the best chance for getting fat.
    Chespin has the most chance, because we already have a fat water frog/toad...
    My 3DS games:

- Mario Kart 7 (2011)
    - Resident Evil: Revelations (2011)
    - Super Mario 3D Land (2011)
    - Bravely Default (2012)
    - Fifa 13 (2012)
    - Fire Emblem: Awakening (2012)
    - Etrian Odyssey Untold: The Millennium Girl (2013)
    - Pokémon Y (2013)
    - Steel Diver: Sub Wars (2014)

Quote Originally Posted by Pamizard View Post
    Uh..... *hides my idea of naming chespin Sonic* although I named some of my water starters after him not all but like 3 don't ask why

I am still going for fennekin though let's just hope she is not fighting I'm tired of that combination on the starter its too much for a charizard lover xD
    Away with you sir! Or Madam. Ah, just kidding. I don't think I wanna search the gts for 'em, though. I don't like frogs or foxes, so chespin will hopefully end up being good.

Yeah, I can see blaziken and infernape, but emboar should've been ground or something.

Its out there, but what if chespin ends up being grass/poison? Because of the spines he'll probably get being a hedgehog?
    Yo, fellow Poke' lovers! My favorite is Feraligatr, but I love most pokemon. I've lots of pokemon hatched/caught, are willing to trade some.

Can breed a lot of pokemon, I have POKERUS, lot of HA pokes, PM me if you are willing to trade.

"If you love it enough you can have another because the new Pokemon can never take the sentimental value of the original, but can make new memories to add to the good times"
    -My younger brother

My Pangoro in the 6th gen remake of a 3rd gen game will be my future 63rd hundred. This is a great epiphany.

Chespin

Grass/Dark
    -
    Grass
    Grass/Ground
    Grass/Steel
    -
    Grass/Flying

Fennekin

Fire/Psychic
    Fire
    -
    Fire/Ground

Froakie

Water/Fighting
    Water
    -
    Water/Flying
    -
    Water/Psychic
    -
    -
    Water/Electric
    My 3DS games:

- Mario Kart 7 (2011)
    - Resident Evil: Revelations (2011)
    - Super Mario 3D Land (2011)
    - Bravely Default (2012)
    - Fifa 13 (2012)
    - Fire Emblem: Awakening (2012)
    - Etrian Odyssey Untold: The Millennium Girl (2013)
    - Pokémon Y (2013)
    - Steel Diver: Sub Wars (2014)

This would never happen, but i woudn't mind if in the future or even in 6th gen if they made the starters almost like a pseudo-legend type deal but made the evolution's much harder to get so that it would even out with the advancing of the story.
    FC:3310 4750 6449

DON'T GET THE OCTOPUSS UPSET! HE MAY EAT HIMSELF!!!!!

Lightbulb

Quote Originally Posted by MidnightFennekin View Post
    Nuzleaf's prevo is based on an Acorn, most resemblence is taken away with evoloution. But they do seem to be simialar. Both seem to be fast, and both related to Grass/Dark, one IS one, with the other being heavily speculated to evolve into one.

Also, I think that all the starters will be speedy, I mean none look like they could turn out a Snorlax.
    I don't think any if them will be slow like you said either lol
    But according to bulbapedia it does say he's based off of an acorn
    I meant chespin doesn't look like a chestnut but he's based on one

Quote Originally Posted by ArdentSun View Post
    It gets even better if you think of him as a desert fox, and think of the ties with the desert wind and heat, not to mention the sphinx and perhaps even Anubis (For psychic typing?)
    And I'm really hoping for Water/Electric for Froakie since he looks so much like Benjamin Fraklin, and the ties between frogs and rain/storms.
    My hopes for Chespin is that he becomes some kind of humanoid. I DONT want another Excadrill, like this or this. I just want him to look cool
    Pfft, are you kidding me? I'd have a heart attack of happiness if he looks like those two!

-My younger brother

Quote Originally Posted by CrusherTheFeraligatr View Post
    Its out there, but what if chespin ends up being grass/poison? Because of the spines he'll probably get being a hedgehog?
    Hedgehogs don't have poison spines. Apologize.
    Sig edited due to exceeding height limit. Read the signature rules before editing your signature.

We know that. But think about it: most poison Pokemon can use Toxic Spikes and Spikes are just like spines, so it seems likely Chespin will be a Hedgehog or Echidna.
    Varanus on the General Chat Thread.
    Quote Originally Posted by varanus_komodoensis View Post
    You're not a kid anymore once you join this thread. 2 minutes here and all innocence you once had is lost.
    3DS FC:
    4940 - 6535 - 5488

Friend Safari: Fighting:
    Pancham, Machoke, Tyrogue.
    PM me if you add me.

Quote Originally Posted by Ghosts of the Forums View Post
    Hedgehogs don't have poison spines. Apologize.
    I know they don't. I thought it'd be an interesting tie in with its spines and his grass typing. He'd be immune to being poisoned, and turn bug into normal. Not bad for gaining one more weakness.

Also, at I'm least not repeating the rock/ground/fighting/dark for hundreds of pages. Granted I could see rock or ground, but let's move to different types a bit, shall we?

-My younger brother

Quote Originally Posted by crash!201 View Post
    This would never happen, but i woudn't mind if in the future or even in 6th gen if they made the starters almost like a pseudo-legend type deal but made the evolution's much harder to get so that it would even out with the advancing of the story.
    i don't see that happening
    that would be very bad

Quote Originally Posted by Yveltal96 View Post
    i don't see that happening
    that would be very bad
    I don't see it happening either
    but i also don't see how it would be all that bad.
    it would make the pseudo legends more rare, and as long as they balanced the story and the evolution of the starter correctly it wouldn't effect the in- game all that much.
    it would also bring in a huge balance to the competitive scene having 3 pseudo legends that counter each other.
    FC:3310 4750 6449

DON'T GET THE OCTOPUSS UPSET! HE MAY EAT HIMSELF!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by JCKane View Post
    Chespin does have Ches in the name like a chestnut... but I doubt they'll copy Nuzleaf. Not many starters copy others... if this did happen it's normally others copying the starters. And I'm going by appearence or changes. I just hope it doesn't pull a Serperior on us. Like become a giant chestnut... It'd add to the list of pokemon i feel very sorry for, Glalie, Serperior, all other pokemon that lost limbs (arms and legs mostly) when evolving.
    Togekiss lost its hands.

Anyways, the Japanese name is usually the more accurate interpertation of species type. According to bulbapedia, Chespin's Japanese name, Harimaron, is based on a combination of Harinezumi (Hedgehog) and Hari (needle). I think it's safer to assume that Chespin is more related to Hedgehog than it is to a Nut.

Of course, this is all my spectulation.

Credits to Sworn Metalhead

ASB Squad

Quote Originally Posted by crash!201 View Post
    I don't see it happening either
    but i also don't see how it would be all that bad.
    it would make the pseudo legends more rare, and as long as they balanced the story and the evolution of the starter correctly it wouldn't effect the in- game all that much.
    it would also bring in a huge balance to the competitive scene having 3 pseudo legends that counter each other.
    yeah but it would make the starters imbalanced
    and your rival would be a pain to kill if he gets the pseudo starter

Quote Originally Posted by OceanicLanturn View Post
    Anyways, the Japanese name is usually the more accurate interpertation of species type. According to bulbapedia, Chespin's Japanese name, Harimaron, is based on a combination of Harinezumi (Hedgehog) and Hari (needle). I think it's safer to assume that Chespin is more related to Hedgehog than it is to a Nut.
    You forgot the "maron" part, which comes from Marron, the French word for chestnut.

My shinies. Just click the links~

~Shiny Banner 1~
    ~Shiny Banner 2~
    ~Shiny Banner 3~

My shinies are not for trade or cloning.
    Shinies are not listed in order, for example the last shiny on the banner is not always the latest shiny I've obtained.
    Banner 1 made by Light Venusaur, thanks ^_^

Quote Originally Posted by Shine View Post
    You forgot the "maron" part, which comes from Marron, the French word for chestnut.
    i was about to say isn't marron chestnut
    also it makes me believe more and more that this region is france based

In all Honesty I hope that Fennekin becomes Fire/Fight*shotshotshot* But I want it! It could finally be a Purely Special Fighting Type for once! It could then run an effective set of Focus Blast/Overheat making it nearly unressisted (Mantine and other Water/Flying types). it would be a killer type combo if it was special!

Quote Originally Posted by Ryan7437 View Post
    In all Honesty I hope that Fennekin becomes Fire/Fight*shotshotshot* But I want it! It could finally be a Purely Special Fighting Type for once! It could then run an effective set of Focus Blast/Overheat making it nearly unressisted (Mantine and other Water/Flying types). it would be a killer type combo if it was special!
    Your actually not alone...
    Even tho I'm not picking it
    I would love to see it become somewhat like meinshao design wise...
    But a sp.attack fighting would be great
    I'd love for fennekin to be the one to redeem fire fighting for the starter type.

White2 Friend code: 0519-7592-3571
    X Friend code: 0216-1851-5361
    My safari: FIRE, slugma,growlith,ninetales

ehh. its actually a good idea but only if there werent so many other fire/fighting starters already.
    team_magma93

Focus Blast sucks. There's a reason people call it Focus Miss. A physical Fire/Fighting has access to Blaze Kick, Flare Blitz, Close Combat, Superpower and Hi Jump Kick which are all great moves. Furthermore they all have a good enough spatk to make use of Flamethrower.
    Anyway, I don't think we have to fear that that Fennekin could become part Fighting. GF must have realised that Fire/Fighting is becoming stale and will choose one of the other 17 combinations.
    Quote Originally Posted by Huspoel View Post
    You're saying some really smart stuff there.

All of the existing Fire/Fights have at least a base 100 Sp. Attack, Infernape even gets nasty plot, so you can go all out special with ape.
    [IMG]http://i42.*******.com/5ydys1.jpg[/IMG]
    3DS FC: 0962-9471-3329

Plus they already used Fire/Fighting 3 gens in a row and i doubt they'll make a fighting fox -_-

Cred to Astral Shadow for banner
    ASB TL 1, 17 TP
    Play MLG Smash Bros? Contact me @Tythaeus to schedule a match. :]

What if one of the starters gains a Normal type?It would be sort of interesting in my opinion.I kinda wish Normal moves were super effective on something.And maybe Poison types could've been super effective on Normal types.This way,the two types would be more useable and interesting.

"Fear is Freedom!
    Subjugation is Liberation!
    Contradiction is Truth!
    These are the truths of the world! Surrender to these truths, you pigs in human clothing!"

Page 362 of 1178 FirstFirst ... 262312352358359360361362363364365366372412462 ... LastLast