View Poll Results: Which starter would you use?

Voters
3150. You may not vote on this poll
  • Chespin

845 26.83%
  • Fennekin

1,329 42.19%
  • Froakie

849 26.95%
  • NONE, Dunsparce looks better

127 4.03%
Page 368 of 1178 FirstFirst ... 268318358364365366367368369370371372378418468 ... LastLast
Results 9,176 to 9,200 of 29437

Thread: Starter Speculation/Discussion Thread

Quote Originally Posted by kesha140 View Post
    Aerial Ace is a flying type move. The dark colored background behind the move indicates to me that it could be the move Night Slash, which is a dark type move. Also giving hints is the fact that it is used on Golurk, a Ghost type pokemon, ghost types are weak to dark types, making it easier for chespin to take it down.
    By your logic...why is Fennekin hitting Kirlia with a Psychic move? Shouldn't it be using a Dark type move? And do you remember Gen V's animation for Aerial Ace?

Looks familiar doesn't it?

Also...just because a pokemon is using a move, doesn't mean that it's guaranteed to be that type.

True, i see where you are coming from. I guess only time will tell. Perhaps the starters won't have a secondary type.

I hope the starters have secondary types. In terms of types, I think generation IV did the best for the starters. Giving them second types gave them an edge to the starter they were weak to (Torterra could use ground moves on Infernape, Infernape could use fighting moves on Empoleon, etc.). It would be nice to get that interesting combination again. You think this month's CoroCoro will release more info about the starters? There was a picture of them on the cover of the magazine, unless they are just there to represent Pokemon XY as a whole.
    Disappearance: REWRITE (19/??)
    Author: Mitsukiharu (collaboration account)
    Summary: Legendary pokemon once resided with humans until war and bloodshed turned the center of Johto into a wasteland 150 years ago. The legendaries scattered to keep peace. 5 years after Red was defeated, he and the Green are in a situation like before war broke out. They must find the cause of the disappearances of the legendary pokemon or the world would be thrown into disarray.

My Personal FF Account l Ambition l Four Times The Charm l For The Love of Food! l Disappearance: REWRITE (collboration)

The secondary types ought to be.

Water/Fighting
    Grass/ psychic
    Fire/Dark

But the true typings will always be

Fire/Fighting
    whatever
    whatever

Quote Originally Posted by Happy Hydreigon View Post
    It would be awesome if each starter had a special feature,how about this

Chespin has a detachable Hat,but hates it when it is taken off because it is a mark of honour in packs
    Fennekin is deaf as its ears are blocked with fur,but its other sences are much sharper
    Froakie....well I can't really think of anything
    if fennekin was deaf, how would it take orders during battle?
    Draconic Pokemon are King: My Deviant: http://xxd17.deviantart.com

Future Omega Ruby Team:

Quote Originally Posted by XXD17 View Post
    if fennekin was deaf, how would it take orders during battle?
    Maybe it can read it's trainer's mind? It likely is a Psychic type (or will be when it evolves).

Quote Originally Posted by Bolt the Cat View Post
    Maybe it can read it's trainer's mind? It likely is a Psychic type (or will be when it evolves).
    oooo good point ^_^
    fire/psychic fennekin ftw

The Grass and Water starters look neat. I'm thinking I'll use the Grass. The Fire is of no interest to me until we learn if it's dual type or not. If it's another Fire/Fighting I probably won't even play this Gen.

Quote Originally Posted by Uthanak View Post
    If it's another Fire/Fighting I probably won't even play this Gen.
    You're not gonna play a game just because you don't like the typing of one Pokemon?

Number of Genwunners = 100
    Number of people accused of being a Genwunner = 100 000 000 000 000 000
    Number of people complaning about Genwunners = 100 000 000 000 000 000 000 000 000 000 000 000 000 000 000 000 000 000 000

Quote Originally Posted by Hilda View Post
    You're not gonna play a game just because you don't like the typing of one Pokemon?
    To be fair, four Fire/Fighting starters in a row is extremely uncreative and off putting. Three was bad enough, I didn't even touch Emboar this gen because it was another generic Fire/Fighting.

I honestly think Gamefreak is just trolling us by showing us Fennekin using a psychic move. I'm betting it was using a move like Me First or Copycat and Fennekin was just using one of that Kirlia's moves against it. I wouldn't put it past Gamefreak and I think it's a little too early to call it psychic, especially since no one would purposely use a move like confusion against a Kirlia. :P

Quote Originally Posted by Bolt the Cat View Post
    To be fair, four Fire/Fighting starters in a row is extremely uncreative and off putting. Three was bad enough, I didn't even touch Emboar this gen because it was another generic Fire/Fighting.
    That's what really bothered me about Emboar as well. If GF really wants to give one of the staters a Fighting type that bad in the new games then they should definitely make Chespin Grass/Fighting for a bit more variety.

Credits to Sworn Metalhead for the awesome banner!

Quote Originally Posted by Icon Zeph View Post
    I honestly think Gamefreak is just trolling us by showing us Fennekin using a psychic move. I'm betting it was using a move like Me First or Copycat and Fennekin was just using one of that Kirlia's moves against it. I wouldn't put it past Gamefreak and I think it's a little too early to call it psychic, especially since no one would purposely use a move like confusion against a Kirlia. :P
    If Fennekin was using Copycat or Me First to counter Kirlia, I'm pretty sure they would have put the animation of Copycat of Me First to show it before Fennekin use the "pink" move. Or else it would be unrealistic to show this to fans because that could be a major feint. I'm not saying that I never thought about the possibility, but it would be out of minds to think of it. But I admit. Why would Fennekin use such a move against Kirlia ?
    Last edited by The Prince of May; 12th March 2013 at 2:12 PM.
    « Be the leaf... »

my deviantArt page
    my tumblr page

Quote Originally Posted by Papousse View Post
    But I admit. Why would Fennekin use such a move against Kirlia ?
    If the only intention is to show the move, then the only thing that matters is that the move affects the target (and thus shows the animation), regardless of whether the move deals super effective, neutral, or not very effective damage.

My shinies. Just click the links~

~Shiny Banner 1~
    ~Shiny Banner 2~
    ~Shiny Banner 3~

My shinies are not for trade or cloning.
    Shinies are not listed in order, for example the last shiny on the banner is not always the latest shiny I've obtained.
    Banner 1 made by Light Venusaur, thanks ^_^

I find it amusing I seem to be in an extreme minority like the tepig line(just judging from quite a few comments in this). Granted I agree that I don't want the firefox to evolve into something with fighting type charactaristics.What would be the reaction be if Fenekin was a pure fire in its evolved forms?

Quote Originally Posted by Luthor View Post
    I find it amusing I seem to be in an extreme minority like the tepig line(just judging from quite a few comments in this). Granted I agree that I don't want the firefox to evolve into something with fighting type charactaristics.What would be the reaction be if Fenekin was a pure fire in its evolved forms?
    Rather Pure Fire than Fire/Fighting for me, but I would prefer it to be Fire/Psychic. And I want the other two to have Types not yet used for Starters (or at least, that Type of starter). Chespin as Grass/Dark would be awesome, and Froakie... um... Water/Fighting or Flying or... I don't know.

But no Fire/Fighting. The Fire/Fighting Pkmn are cool and all, but I'm so tired of it.
    Is apparantly Dragon Type in the Friend Safari. Neat.

One of these Spoilers has a very Hot Chick hidden. One has Yaoi. And one will eat your Soul. Choose at your own risk~

Spoiler:- Number 1:

Spoiler:- Number 2:

Spoiler:- Number 3:

Quote Originally Posted by MastersOfMonsters View Post
    Rather Pure Fire than Fire/Fighting for me, but I would prefer it to be Fire/Psychic. And I want the other two to have Types not yet used for Starters (or at least, that Type of starter). Chespin as Grass/Dark would be awesome, and Froakie... um... Water/Fighting or Flying or... I don't know.

But no Fire/Fighting. The Fire/Fighting Pkmn are cool and all, but I'm so tired of it.
    i have a feeling that it is fire/psychic
    i mean that move he did in the trailer wasn't growl the kirlia took damage
    yeah ninetales could learn psychic moves but the extent of it was zen headbutt and extrasensory
    that move in the trailer looked like either psychic or confusion and no ordinary fire type can learn that

Pokemon can always learn off type moves so I think it is a moot point deciding if it is dual type based on a move it used. For example: Tepig learns smog and Chimchar learns acrobatics. Since Fennekin is based off of a desert fox I wouldn't be surprised if it was fire/ground. I'm not ruling out fire/psychic at all though. Japanese foxes always have crazy powers.
    Y FC: 0361 7366 7010
    Safari Type is Rock: Corsola, Dwebble, Shuckle
    X FC: 2766 9122 1892
    Safari Type is Water: Octillery, Wartortle, Frogadier

I'm leaning towards wanting to use Fennekin though my decision may change depending on what type it is (Fire + ?) and also what it's evolutions may be.
    It it turns out to be Fire/Fight then I will be a little disappointed; that combo is getting a little stale now.
    Also if it's evolutions turn it into an ugly beast then I will not be best pleased!

a Pokemon's design is usually the deciding factor for who I pick as a starter...and this is the first generation where I've been totally disappointed with the water-type I've never cared much for real-life frogs, and I've never cared much for any of the Pokemon frogs (mayyyybe Politoed).

Fennekin is alright, but I'm such a fan of Vulpix and Ninetales (two of my all-time favorite Pokemon, design-wise), that Fennekin totally pales in comparison (as another fire-type fox). so that leaves me with Chespin, whose design I love! granted, I'm a little nervous about what its evolutions will look like after the Samurott-shocker last generation (though I still stuck with the irresistibly adorable Oshawott).

Quote Originally Posted by phoenix12 View Post
    a Pokemon's design is usually the deciding factor for who I pick as a starter...and this is the first generation where I've been totally disappointed with the water-type I've never cared much for real-life frogs, and I've never cared much for any of the Pokemon frogs (mayyyybe Politoed).

Fennekin is alright, but I'm such a fan of Vulpix and Ninetales (two of my all-time favorite Pokemon, design-wise), that Fennekin totally pales in comparison (as another fire-type fox). so that leaves me with Chespin, whose design I love! granted, I'm a little nervous about what its evolutions will look like after the Samurott-shocker last generation (though I still stuck with the irresistibly adorable Oshawott).
    how can you say that when you havent seen Froakie's evolution or what type of pokemon it is. This generation starters have alot of potential. Im sure they have something good planned for Froakie if not they wouldnt have made another frog, it will be unique im sure.
    team_magma93

Fennekin's evolutions can be a fire/psychic, but not because of that move. Fennekin used a psychic LOOKING move, but fennekin is a pure fire... that means that he just learned a move different from his type, wich is pretty normal in the world of Pokémon. So it's secondary type can be anything, and I actually don't care. Even when it's fire/fight, i'm going to play this game and use Fennekin, like I used Emboar in Gen 5. Emboar doesn't have that much fight moves in his movepool, and I hardly used a fight move with Emboar... I don't care. I always will enjoy the game.

Quote Originally Posted by Pspaans View Post
    Fennekin's evolutions can be a fire/psychic, but not because of that move. Fennekin used a psychic LOOKING move, but fennekin is a pure fire... that means that he just learned a move different from his type, wich is pretty normal in the world of Pokémon. So it's secondary type can be anything, and I actually don't care. Even when it's fire/fight, i'm going to play this game and use Fennekin, like I used Emboar in Gen 5. Emboar doesn't have that much fight moves in his movepool, and I hardly used a fight move with Emboar... I don't care. I always will enjoy the game.
    The issue never was about the movepool but the typing itself. It could have some fighting type moves and be pure fire type that people wouldn't mind at all.

Quote Originally Posted by Pspaans View Post
    Ah yes, some true stuff. I agree, well not with everything, because I am hoping Fokko's evolved form(s) will be Fire/Psychic. But you spilled some true tea. *Nods*

Quote Originally Posted by Royal_Qeca View Post
    The issue never was about the movepool but the typing itself. It could have some fighting type moves and be pure fire type that people wouldn't mind at all.
    OBJECTION!

I would!
    That's still saying it would be very similar to a Fire/Fighting. And that's no good!
    *Insert Some Cool Image Here*

Page 368 of 1178 FirstFirst ... 268318358364365366367368369370371372378418468 ... LastLast