View Poll Results: Which starter would you use?

Voters
3150. You may not vote on this poll
  • Chespin

845 26.83%
  • Fennekin

1,329 42.19%
  • Froakie

849 26.95%
  • NONE, Dunsparce looks better

127 4.03%
Page 371 of 1178 FirstFirst ... 271321361367368369370371372373374375381421471 ... LastLast
Results 9,251 to 9,275 of 29437

Thread: Starter Speculation/Discussion Thread

Quote Originally Posted by Yveltal96 View Post
    i think he is EASILY able to be grass/dark
    grass/fighting is just dumb for him...
    it doesn't make any sense
    To be fair, we can't really say what types don't make sense for Chespin. It's base design doesn't tell us enough about what its 1st and 2nd stage theme is going to be. It has as much a chance of being grass/dark, as it does grass/fighting and even grass/ground.
    (Remember Tepig? How much people thought it would be pure-fire, fire/dark, fire/ground?...Lo and behold we got fire/fighting)

Definitely agree with Nacreous.
    And i laughed about the Frog Pic, haha!!

My opinion on starters is that;
    Chespin: Grass/Fighting or Grass/Steel, the first one is my preference.

Fennekin: Fire/Psychic or Fire/Normal (?). I think it's have a high chance to be Fire/Psychic too. Do we have any Fire/Psychic pokemon, though?

Froakie: Water/Dark or Pure Water. I don't see him being Water/Flying, more a Water/Dark or Pure Water pokemon. But it also depends of it's last stage. Could a Big Frog Fly?

Can those "Speculations" be true? Whe'll discover when Freakgame release any information! And when she desires! Oh, how great this can be!

Why? I think he is EASILY able to be Grass/Fighting. Grass/Dark is just dumb for him...

Chespin. It's base design doesn't tell us enough about what its 1st and 2nd stage theme is going to be. It has as much a chance of being grass/dark, as it does grass/fighting and even grass/ground.
    (Remember Tepig? How much people thought it would be pure-fire, fire/dark, fire/ground?...Lo and behold we got fire/fighting)
    This. Definitely. They can be anything, really.

Quote Originally Posted by Akanjăo View Post
    Do we have any Fire/Psychic pokemon, though?
    Yes and no. There's Victini, but it's Psychic/Fire.

Quote Originally Posted by Demon Kitsune Yoko Kurama View Post
    Yes and no. There's Victini, but it's Psychic/Fire.
    And Darmanitan Zen Mode, which doesn't count imo.

Wooo! Come on Fennekin!

November 2014

Signatures by darside34 @deviantart

Quote Originally Posted by GerudoPrince View Post
    And Darmanitan Zen Mode, which doesn't count imo.

Wooo! Come on Fennekin!
    Why the hell do I keep forgetting Darmanitan? xD Well, thanks for reminding me.

And what exactly points to Chespin evos being Grass/Dark? Don't mention the moves that it used since that is the only thing people seem to look at now. Plus we don't even know what that move was.

"Do you know the definition of insanity?"
    Y Team:Chesnaught, Talonflame, Blastoise, Aegislash, Tyrantrum, Heliolisk

3DS FC: 3995-6518-0794

Quote Originally Posted by Nacreous View Post

Fennekin-Fire/Poison-based on radiation--it shines brightly like the sun,yet it's a very unstable and dangerous pokemon.It's proud and has to be praised constantly.Based also on the bipolar disorder,one minute,it's warm and lovely,the next,it destroys everything.

HP 70
    Atk 62
    Def 73
    SpAtk 126
    SpDef 95
    Speed 109 BST=535 Great Special sweeper
    Ya know, I was hoping Fennekin would look like this as well.
    Poison is garbage, though (pun intended).
    Y Team: Delphox, Venusaur (Mega), Blaziken, Absol, Aegislash, Florges
    PROUD TO DONATE GOOD POKEMON TO THE WONDER TRADE!
    But I swear to Arceus if you give me a Dedenne, I will find you.
    3DS Friend Code: 2036-7115-4768
    (my safari zone really sucks... sorry. IT HAS DEDENNE. STUPID KARMA.)
    <<R.I.P.
    HELLO HERE'S MY FANFICTION

Mod note: Signature should have have font size larger than 3.
    Lux note: You're right, it should.

I also talk about Pokemon stuffs here. (and the link works now.)

I could kind of see Chesepin working as a grass steel type, though I prefer grass dark.

If it was grass steel, it would no doubt be faster than Ferrothorn, giving it that edge (who knows, maybe even a sweeper ala Scizor). I could see it as packing a big punch like Aggron, but lighter and a bit faster than most of it's steel ilk.

The thing is, both grass steel and grass dark are combos we've had before. Shiftry and Ferrothorn are both very good pokemon in their own right, and Shiftry at least is both strong physically and and rather quick. Chesepin would need something special to set it apart from that. Or, you know, so I should hope.

Fans should never be allowed to influence the making of pokemon. All they know how to do with stats is specialization instead of being realistic. Not every sweeper is going to have high speed and an attack. The movesets are also far too good.

Quote Originally Posted by pokemonsquared View Post
    Fans should never be allowed to influence the making of pokemon. All they know how to do with stats is specialization instead of being realistic. Not every sweeper is going to have high speed and an attack. The movesets are also far too good.
    actually most pokemon have the stats to fit that sweeper role or stalling role
    it's realistic
    and the movesets i'm seeing aren't unrealistic
    there are more way OP movesets out there

Ask me stupid stuff
    Credit for the Banner goes to Sworn Metalhead

actually most pokemon have the stats to fit that sweeper role or stalling role
    it's realistic
    and the movesets i'm seeing aren't unrealistic
    there are more way OP movesets out there
    Thats what I said About Danphan, but apparently it can Learn Ice Shard (WTF?!) so maybe you should take it under consideration
    [IMG]http://oi42.*******.com/no61ic.jpg[/IMG]

Credits to FairyWitch for the buttons and Sworn Metalhead for the Userbar!

Quote Originally Posted by Cyrius View Post
    Thats what I said About Danphan, but apparently it can Learn Ice Shard (WTF?!) so maybe you should take it under consideration
    that's not what i meant
    he was saying unrealistic as in they were too OP

Ask me stupid stuff
    Credit for the Banner goes to Sworn Metalhead

There a bunch of moves hat pokémon should've learned but can't. But I have a feeling that either Froakie or Chespin will get the short end of the stick
    FC: 1332-8918-6873
    Credit: AstralShadow (userbar) & Kida-Ookami (badge) & SwornMetalhead (symbol)

Quote Originally Posted by williamdrake View Post
    All my ideas about the starters:

Chespin - grass/steel (third evolution) (lv17 - lv32) - learn Iron Head (lv32 - only steel type move by level up), Needle Arm (lv26), a new physical priority grass type (BP:40) (lv18), Stun Spore (lv10), no leech seed, absord and mega/giga drain by level up. Slowest gen6 starter, great attack and defense, good special attack, bad special defense and speed. In the third evolution the tail becomes a steel orange ball with a lot of green spikes (remember a chestnut). Unlike the official artwork, has a angry personality, it has some kind of problem with it's tail and spikes, can not control it very good.

Fennekin - fire/psyquic (lv14 - lv36) - learn Psywave (lv14), Extrasensory (lv35), Flame Burst (lv25), doesn't learn flamethrower by level up, Heat Wave (lv41). Fastest gen6 starter, biggest special attack of all starters, lowest fire starter attack stat, bad defense, good special defense and average HP. The third evolution is quadruped, lot of fire in the tail, the eyes has a strong red color, like flames are burning inside, has a feminine design but the face looks angry. Has a quiet personality, but likes to be the center of attention, likes to expose the others weakness.

Froakie - water/fighting (lv16 - lv36) - learn bubble (lv6), water gun (lv10), Force Palm (lv16), Icy Wind (lv24) Sky Uppercut (lv36), no aqua jet/water sport/ aqua tail. Fastest water type starter, great attack and speed, good special defense and HP, bad defense and special attack. The third evolution has a cloud in the wrist that glows yellow (energy) when it's fight, can storage energy and absorb poison inside, the eyes still big, some dark blue lines in the arms, has a cloud in the back that can storage a lot of different itens. Very imposing, not slim, not fat, is the tallest gen6 starter final evolution. Amazing personality, very classy, inteligent, funny just being itself, always keep a book in the cloud on it's back, loves to read, likes the silence.

Yveltal - Flying/Dark
    Xerneas - Rock/Grass
    Sylveon - Flying
    The other Eevee evolution is Ground.
    I like Fennekin being Fire/Psychic, do we have one already? Although it doesnt seem to be one.
    Xerneas is more Grass/normal or Psychic/Grass.
    Kalos shinies (Some):
    - Vivillon Hunt Complete! -

Quote Originally Posted by thetifftiff
    Amount of real life time doesn't mean much when it comes to shiny hunting though.

Quote Originally Posted by Cutty View Post
    I like Fennekin being Fire/Psychic, do we have one already? Although it doesnt seem to be one.
    Xerneas is more Grass/normal or Psychic/Grass.
    Victini is Fire/Psychic, so we don't have a non-event or non-Legendary Pokemon of that combination.

I also don't see anything Grass in Xerneas at all. Where y'all getting this "Grass" nonsense?
        Spoiler:- My Blog and Friend Codes:
    My Shinies:

Quote Originally Posted by Rayze Darr View Post
    Victini is Fire/Psychic, so we don't have a non-event or non-Legendary Pokemon of that combination.

I also don't see anything Grass in Xerneas at all. Where y'all getting this "Grass" nonsense?
    Probably from the vibe of nature because of the gameplay trailer.
    Or probably because of the influence of Sawsbuck.

But I agree. The design doesn't scream "Grass" at all.
    But then again, one can argue that a Pokemon can represent a type that even if its design doesn't reflect any of that.

.: Pumping it up for November!!! | Drawn by me, do not steal. :.
    ~ My Pokemon Omega Ruby & Alpha Sapphire Speculation & Wishlist ~

.: IF YOU HAVE QUESTIONS ABOUT THE GAMES, PLEASE CHECK THE [MAIN SITE] FIRST :.

Quote Originally Posted by Rayze Darr View Post
    Yes we do....

Darmanitan Zen Mode.

"Do you know the definition of insanity?"
    Y Team:Chesnaught, Talonflame, Blastoise, Aegislash, Tyrantrum, Heliolisk

3DS FC: 3995-6518-0794

Quote Originally Posted by rocky505 View Post
    Yes we do....

Darmanitan Zen Mode.
    Right, that thing gets even uglier. I forgot... /derp
    My Shinies:

Quote Originally Posted by Luxvan View Post
    Ya know, I was hoping Fennekin would look like this as well.
    Poison is garbage, though (pun intended).
    Yeah,it is...but it's a unique type combination.And it resists 7 types...two of wich are double resistances[Grass and Bug].It's pretty good defensively.And offensively,Fire is already one of the best offensive types.

Hey guys...doesn't Fennekin's tail look like a bulb that's about to bloom?I think it might be indication that,upon evolution,its tail might split into more.It actually looks a lot like a lotus bulb http://farm4.staticflickr.com/3572/3...9fe_z.jpg?zz=1 http://www.kleptography.com/images-lotus/crw_1806.jpg The same could be said about its ear fluffs.

Here's some stuff about the spiritual meaning of the lotus flower http://www.cosmiclotus.org/article-m...fthelotus1.php If indeed its tail and ears are lotuses,then Fire/Psychic is almost 100% guaranteed.
    Last edited by Nacreous; 15th March 2013 at 9:02 AM.
    Brave Bird!

Yeah,it is...but it's a unique type combination.And it resists 7 types...two of wich are double resistances[Grass and Bug].It's pretty good defensively.And offensively,Fire is already one of the best offensive types.

Hey guys...doesn't Fennekin's tail look like a bulb that's about to bloom?I think it might be indication that,upon evolution,its tail might split into more.It actually looks a lot like a lotus bulb http://farm4.staticflickr.com/3572/3...9fe_z.jpg?zz=1 http://www.kleptography.com/images-lotus/crw_1806.jpg The same could be said about its ear fluffs.

Here's some stuff about the spiritual meaning of the lotus flower http://www.cosmiclotus.org/article-m...fthelotus1.php If indeed its tail and ears are lotuses,then Fire/Psychic is almost 100% guaranteed.
    Although the fine furs do colllect as a bulb-like shape, I wouldn't think it's 100%guaranteed. What is the spiritual meaning of the blooming of a lotus flower? If it guarantees the plant has psychic abilities, than maybe it'll guarantee Fennekin has Psychic abilities. Otherwise, we won't really know.
    Quote Originally Posted by Hexin' Wishes
    What I like about the Mega Evolution line is how consistently ridiculously over the top they are. I mean just from what we have: Leather Dom Houndoom, Haute Couture Banette, Debutante Gardevoir, Alternative Circuit Party Angel Absol, L'Oreal model Ampharos, Ivan Ooze Aerodactyl, Sashimi Gyarados, Tweaker Raged Pinsir, Ghandi Alakazam... I could go on but you get the gist.

I anxiously await Fierce Drag Queen Jynx.
    Quote Originally Posted by jjbean View Post
    Coro coro magazine proud to reveal all new never before seen mega evolutions of latios and latias (exclusive to japan)

Or maybe that Lotus is a reference to Christina Aguilera's last album... Which would therefore make Fennekin's final evolution a Sound type!!

/troll

Quote Originally Posted by VanityEgo View Post
    Or maybe that Lotus is a reference to Christina Aguilera's last album... Which would therefore make Fennekin's final evolution a Sound type!!

/troll
    Sound/Cow type...
    Brave Bird!

Sound/Cow type...
    Cow type would be cool. Miltank and Tauros could become Cow/Normal, giving them a bit more originality.

*ahem*

I've always liked the idea of Starters going in reverse type-advantage for their secondaries. I know that Dark/Psychic/Fighting is a nearly perfect type triangle (all good, except that Dark is immune to Psychic), so a Dark Chespin, Psychic Fennekin and Fighting Froakie could work in that regard (though I'm still hellbent that Froakie will be Flying). Anything else that could work with this that one could see these starters being?
    My Shinies:

I kinda like the idea of a Poliwrath with better stats... But then again if they're gonna do that, I'd rather they boost Poliwrath's stats lol and really give Froakie some original typing.

Rock / Fighting / Flying seems to be a perfect triangle to me... But then we'd have a couple x4 weakness possibilities and nobody wants that to happen.

Quote Originally Posted by VanityEgo View Post
    I kinda like the idea of a Poliwrath with better stats... But then again if they're gonna do that, I'd rather they boost Poliwrath's stats lol and really give Froakie some original typing.

Rock / Fighting / Flying seems to be a perfect triangle to me... But then we'd have a couple x4 weakness possibilities and nobody wants that to happen.
    Froakie: Water/Flying
    Chespin: Grass/Fighting
    Fennekin: Fire/Rock

It seems like a perfect 2-way triangle, yeah. Alas, Fennekin doesn't strike me as particularly... rocky.
    My Shinies:

Page 371 of 1178 FirstFirst ... 271321361367368369370371372373374375381421471 ... LastLast