View Poll Results: Which starter would you use?

Voters
3150. You may not vote on this poll
  • Chespin

845 26.83%
  • Fennekin

1,329 42.19%
  • Froakie

849 26.95%
  • NONE, Dunsparce looks better

127 4.03%
Page 412 of 1178 FirstFirst ... 312362402408409410411412413414415416422462512 ... LastLast
Results 10,276 to 10,300 of 29437

Thread: Starter Speculation/Discussion Thread

Quote Originally Posted by MidnightFennekin View Post
    @ yourboss

Forgot about SubSalac LOL!

But what do you mean by that? Are you saying they've let us down or are you agreeing with me? Because Charizard, its Rat Clone!Typhlosion, Blaziken, Infernape and especially Emboar have great movepools. And yes to Pistachio Chespin!
    I'm agreeing with you lol. And yes the middle stage could be an almond like design. Screw the soldier theme this is better.

Quote Originally Posted by MidnightFennekin View Post
    But what do you mean by that? Are you saying they've let us down or are you agreeing with me? Because Charizard, its Rat Clone!Typhlosion, Blaziken, Infernape and especially Emboar have great movepools. And yes to Pistachio Chespin!
    The ones in bold surprised me. Typhlosion usually has a Normal-Type move because I can't find anything else for it. I know Emboar can learn loads of moves, but I don't think it helps Emboar's problems. (I usually try to stay away from recoil moves Ex. Head Smash, Wild Charge)

I do hope Fennekin (and the other two) have good movepools. I also hope for the Starters to be all Dual-Typed. And no Fire/Fighting Fennekin!
    *Insert Some Cool Image Here*

Why would fennekin get thunderbolt?
    Yo, fellow Poke' lovers! My favorite is Feraligatr, but I love most pokemon. I've lots of pokemon hatched/caught, are willing to trade some.

Can breed a lot of pokemon, I have POKERUS, lot of HA pokes, PM me if you are willing to trade.

"If you love it enough you can have another because the new Pokemon can never take the sentimental value of the original, but can make new memories to add to the good times"
    -My younger brother

Friend code-1375 7776 2368-Heather

My Pangoro in the 6th gen remake of a 3rd gen game will be my future 63rd hundred. This is a great epiphany.

Quote Originally Posted by CrusherTheFeraligatr View Post
    Why would fennekin get thunderbolt?
    It's weird.. but Magmar has Thunderbolt so I don't see why Fennekin can't have it.

Quote Originally Posted by JD View Post
    It's weird.. but Magmar has Thunderbolt so I don't see why Fennekin can't have it.
    I'd be surprised if they give that to a starter.
    Yo, fellow Poke' lovers! My favorite is Feraligatr, but I love most pokemon. I've lots of pokemon hatched/caught, are willing to trade some.

Can breed a lot of pokemon, I have POKERUS, lot of HA pokes, PM me if you are willing to trade.

"If you love it enough you can have another because the new Pokemon can never take the sentimental value of the original, but can make new memories to add to the good times"
    -My younger brother

My Pangoro in the 6th gen remake of a 3rd gen game will be my future 63rd hundred. This is a great epiphany.

I'd be surprised if they give that to a starter.
    eh some starters have weirder moves

Quote Originally Posted by Yveltal96 View Post
    Care to list off some examples, or you just gonna leave it at that?

~The Head Honchkrow~

A journey most XtraordinarY is about to begin...

Yeah, but that good of a move taht'd get rid of a weakness? Thunder fang/punch I could see.

-My younger brother

Like Emboar learning Scald. Well, that's all I can think of.

Yeah, but that good of a move taht'd get rid of a weakness? Thunder fang/punch I could see.
    samurott had megahorn
    i hope fennekin gets charge beam if he is psychic he'd be the first to learn it by level

samurott had megahorn
    i hope fennekin gets charge beam if he is psychic he'd be the first to learn it by level
    That at least made sense, and had not so great acc. Charge beam is plausible.

-My younger brother

Quote Originally Posted by DarkSword39 View Post
    Like Emboar learning Scald. Well, that's all I can think of.
    Scald makes sense because the water is hot, and pigs aren't made of 100% fire you know.
    3DS FC: 3652-1012-6122

Baking Soda, I got Baking Soda!

Quote Originally Posted by TheBattleFrontierAsh1 View Post
    Scald makes sense because the water is hot, and pigs aren't made of 100% fire you know.
    They're not? Emboar got really lucky with his moves.

-My younger brother

yeah scald emboar still doesn't make sense to me
    by that logic charizard and entei and heatmor could all learn scald
    and to my knowledge, they don't

yeah scald emboar still doesn't make sense to me
    by that logic charizard and entei and heatmor could all learn scald
    and to my knowledge, they don't
    They really wanted people to use emboar.

-My younger brother

They really wanted people to use emboar.
    i guess so lol
    i didn't like him at all really :/
    he is in the lowest tier for any fire starter.....well him and charizard but that's because of his huge SR weakness otherwise he would be higher tier wise

So, is there any predictions for evolution names?
    I remember last reveal for BW, Emboar was correctly guessed. (And Snivy was nicknamed Smugleaf)

I like the pastebin rumor back in January (that isn't in the Fake Rumors and Scans thread...)
    For Chespin:

Chespin -> Chespike -> Chespear

For Fennekin:

Fennekin -> Flannec -> Furnox

For Froakie:

Froakie -> Ribbub -> Froabanet
    - National Pokedex Completion Date- 3/12/13 (Thanks EpiK SauCe!)

FC: 5129-0492-5213

LOOKING FOR: Modest, 4/5 IV from Alpha Sapphire
    PM me for offers!! PLEASE!!

Quote Originally Posted by AmbipomMaster View Post
    I remember last reveal for BW, Emboar was correctly guessed. (And Snivy was nicknamed Smugleaf)

I like the pastebin rumor back in January (that isn't in the Fake Rumors and Scans thread...)
    For Chespin:

For Fennekin:

For Froakie:

I kinda like the one for fennekin
    chespin's is ehhhh
    froakie's is cool but makes no sense to me ^_^

Quote Originally Posted by AmbipomMaster View Post

For Chespin:

For Fennekin:

For Froakie:

Froakie -> Ribbert -> Froaking.

Fennekin -> Slynthetic -> Foxsight.

Chespin -> Chezzle -> Chezfrenzy.

Slynthetic is dumbest one of all but I couldn't think of a name, so I put something there lol.
    3DS FC: 3652-1012-6122

Baking Soda, I got Baking Soda!

Quote Originally Posted by TheBattleFrontierAsh1 View Post
    Froakie -> Ribbert -> Froaking.

Fennekin -> Slynthetic -> Foxsight.

Chespin -> Chezzle -> Chezfrenzy.

Slynthetic is dumbest one of all but I couldn't think of a name, so I put something there lol.
    Chezfrenzy is a no to me. Other than that, good job!

Also, coming up with names is starting to get me mad. Sometimes, these names are better than the actual names, so stop please!

Honestly I don't think you can ever go wrong with a solid water starter. Blastoise is still the truth. And with the pretty high possibility of another fire fighting uber amongst the bunch, I'm not too excited about Fennekin. Chespin would be cool if it was maybe grass/rock or something along those lines.
    LF: Mew, Jirachi, Deoxys, Darkrai, Shaymin, Genesect, Meleotta, Keldeo

Have plenty of legendaries and some shinies for trade. Also tons of 5 IV pokes and mega stones.

Y FC: 1891-1342-8601

Chespike!

The rhinosaurs/hedgehog encased with a giant horn like a sharpened chestnut tree and has stubby arms.

Emboar learns scald because Tepig is Tepid + Pig. Tepid = Warm/Boiling, Scald in Japan is = Boiling WATER.

Quote Originally Posted by TyphLuxStoise View Post
    Honestly I don't think you can ever go wrong with a solid water starter. Blastoise is still the truth. And with the pretty high possibility of another fire fighting uber amongst the bunch, I'm not too excited about Fennekin. Chespin would be cool if it was maybe grass/rock or something along those lines.
    pure water is just so boring though and none of them make OU
    blastoise is the highest in UU only becuse of his bulk
    feraligatr is RU and Samurott is NU
    a water/fighting i think would finally get the water starters out of that rut and be less...well boring
    and honestly i cannot see fennekin as fire/fighting
    GF wouldn't want to do four fire/fighting starters in a row unless they really wanted to piss the majority of their fan base off

They're gradually making stealth rock harder to "obtain" for pokemon. Having it a TM in Gen IV was good for rock/ground/steel etc. types, but terrible for fire/flying etc. types. I think now that stealth rock isn't a TM they will be more willing to give the fire starter a different typing. I hope so, anyway.

November 2014

Signatures by darside34 @deviantart

Page 412 of 1178 FirstFirst ... 312362402408409410411412413414415416422462512 ... LastLast