View Poll Results: Which starter would you use?

Voters
3150. You may not vote on this poll
  • Chespin

845 26.83%
  • Fennekin

1,329 42.19%
  • Froakie

849 26.95%
  • NONE, Dunsparce looks better

127 4.03%
Page 416 of 1178 FirstFirst ... 316366406412413414415416417418419420426466516 ... LastLast
Results 10,376 to 10,400 of 29437

Thread: Starter Speculation/Discussion Thread

Quote Originally Posted by CrusherTheFeraligatr View Post
    Why do people want dark for chespin? It just gives it another weakness, and makes bug 4x.
    its already weak to 5 types lets face it 6 isnt going to make a difference

Quote Originally Posted by gpt11 View Post
    its already weak to 5 types lets face it 6 isnt going to make a difference
    Wouldn't a type that gets rid of one/a couple be better?
    Yo, fellow Poke' lovers! My favorite is Feraligatr, but I love most pokemon. I've lots of pokemon hatched/caught, are willing to trade some.

Can breed a lot of pokemon, I have POKERUS, lot of HA pokes, PM me if you are willing to trade.

"If you love it enough you can have another because the new Pokemon can never take the sentimental value of the original, but can make new memories to add to the good times"
    -My younger brother

Friend code-1375 7776 2368-Heather

IMPOSTER DITTO-Pm for offers

Imagine Fennekin has Speed Boost as a ability..oh god..it could be as overpowered as Blazakin

Quote Originally Posted by Malcolm Belmont View Post
    Imagine Fennekin has Speed Boost as a ability..oh god..it could be as overpowered as Blazakin
    Well-they did reuse Shell Armor on two starters, but I'd rather have Levitate or summin'

I think fennekin will be speedy enough to not need that.
    Yo, fellow Poke' lovers! My favorite is Feraligatr, but I love most pokemon. I've lots of pokemon hatched/caught, are willing to trade some.

Can breed a lot of pokemon, I have POKERUS, lot of HA pokes, PM me if you are willing to trade.

"If you love it enough you can have another because the new Pokemon can never take the sentimental value of the original, but can make new memories to add to the good times"
    -My younger brother

I think fennekin will be speedy enough to not need that.
    I am not so sure..he could be a Special Tank...

I am not so sure..he could be a Special Tank...
    could, but I don't see fennekin being a tank of anything. He looks like you could kick him into the stratosphere.

-My younger brother

could, but I don't see fennekin being a tank of anything. He looks like you could kick him into the stratosphere.
    You're right.I think it'll have a huge sp attack and decent speed.

"Fear is Freedom!
    Subjugation is Liberation!
    Contradiction is Truth!
    These are the truths of the world! Surrender to these truths, you pigs in human clothing!"

Quote Originally Posted by Nacreous View Post
    You're right.I think it'll have a huge sp attack and decent speed.
    Me too. I think the fennekin: high speed/sp atk, chespin: tank with decent atk, and froakie: mix prediction is probably correct.

-My younger brother

But this is only Fennekin's first evolution, and not last. Though you do have a point. He does look rather easy to beat.

I hope they don't screw him over like they kind of did to Snivy, who don't get me wrong, is a great Pokemon. But the Speed and Defense thing wasn't a good direction at all.
    Pokemon Y Current Team

Quote Originally Posted by yuoke View Post
    That would make it pretty OP for a starter.
    Oh and Speed Boost Blaziken isn't?

Speaking of DW abilities these are abilities that I want on the starters:

Chespin: Hyper Cutter or Shell Armor
    Fennekin: Magic Guard
    Froakie: Technician

I personally think they either surprise all of us and just kee them all their basic types all teh way through or...Since fennekin is a fenec fox it will be fire/ground (hence they live in the desert) Chespin will be Grass/normal or grass/steel, and Froakie will be water/flying, or water/ice

I like chespin the most. Usually, i don't pick grass starter pokemon. I'm a water kind of guy. When the game comes out, i'm most likely going to pick chespin but keep it at its first stage. As said in previous games, Pokemon learn moves faster when they haven't been evolved yet. Fennekin is my second favorite, because fennekin just looks like it will be so powerful. Froakie, a water type starter, is actually at the bottom of my list for once. I've always had a water type starter as my favorite. I observe the "mustache" on Froakie, and i think that it may grow with its evolution, (a full out beard perhaps).
    .webs.com

Quote Originally Posted by Yveltal96 View Post
    pure water is just so boring though and none of them make OU
    blastoise is the highest in UU only becuse of his bulk
    feraligatr is RU and Samurott is NU
    a water/fighting i think would finally get the water starters out of that rut and be less...well boring
    and honestly i cannot see fennekin as fire/fighting
    GF wouldn't want to do four fire/fighting starters in a row unless they really wanted to piss the majority of their fan base off
    Maybe so but you gotta figure that they have to keep making games geared towards children, because that is their target audience. As much as pokemon evolves, it is always going to be a children's game with a few more complex things for their original fanbase (EV training, breeding for natures/IVs, etc.). Basically what I'm getting at is they don't give two craps about their adult fan base.
    LF: Mew, Jirachi, Deoxys, Darkrai, Shaymin, Genesect, Meleotta, Keldeo

Have plenty of legendaries and some shinies for trade. Also tons of 5 IV pokes and mega stones.

Y FC: 1891-1342-8601

Quote Originally Posted by TyphLuxStoise View Post
    Maybe so but you gotta figure that they have to keep making games geared towards children, because that is their target audience. As much as pokemon evolves, it is always going to be a children's game with a few more complex things for their original fanbase (EV training, breeding for natures/IVs, etc.). Basically what I'm getting at is they don't give two craps about their adult fan base.
    actually they focus on both in case you didn't know...
    which is why all pokemon are either based on real animals or mythology that you payed no attention to when you were little and keeps me interested TBH
    and that still doesn't mean they can't redeem water starters with better stats
    they hold many tournaments which does let us know they acknowledge their older fan base

Ask me stupid stuff
    Credit for the Banner goes to Sworn Metalhead

Froakie: mixed
    Chespin: speedy attacker
    Fennekin: speedy special attacker

At the moment number 10 in double battles of the Netherlands.

Quote Originally Posted by Bariokie View Post
    Froakie: mixed
    Chespin: speedy attacker
    Fennekin: speedy special attacker
    yes^
    kinda hope froakie gets stats similar to blazikens stats
    mainly to save water starters from their usual mediocre stats

Ask me stupid stuff

Quote Originally Posted by Yveltal96 View Post
    yes^
    kinda hope froakie gets stats similar to blazikens stats
    mainly to save water starters from their usual mediocre stats
    I though water starters usually had pretty good stats?

-My younger brother

Quote Originally Posted by TheOrangeOwl View Post
    In the trailer, it seems Chespin uses the move night slash
    It uses Aerial Ace

"Fear is Freedom!
    Subjugation is Liberation!
    Contradiction is Truth!
    These are the truths of the world! Surrender to these truths, you pigs in human clothing!"

Quote Originally Posted by Nacreous View Post
    It uses Aerial Ace
    Please don't start that up again.

-My younger brother

Can we not argue about the moves again, seriously! It always the same "Chespin used Aerial Ace, no it used Night Slash!" Some of the moves could be egg moves

If they let Fire/Fighting Fennekin evolution learn Sky Uppercut like Blaziken, maybe they will make it so that the flying resitance is nullified and Normal/Flying, Rock,Flying, will be SE by Sky Uppercut.

As much as I'd like the starters to have secondary types, I can just see them keeping their normal typing. Besides Fennekin, that is. I dunno, 3 Fire starters in a row that gained a Fighting type, I'm just doubtful they'll break the chain, as much as I'd love them to. Still, Fennekin is a cutie and it'll be the first Fire starter I'll go for since Charmander!

I though water starters usually had pretty good stats?
    nope
    usually they are always medicore and many things keep them from doing too great in battle
    the only two that i find good enough are feraligatr (the only water starter i use) and blastoise

Ask me stupid stuff

I wish they could stay pure fire/water/grass like gen II

Page 416 of 1178 FirstFirst ... 316366406412413414415416417418419420426466516 ... LastLast