View Poll Results: Which starter would you use?

Voters
3150. You may not vote on this poll
  • Chespin

845 26.83%
  • Fennekin

1,329 42.19%
  • Froakie

849 26.95%
  • NONE, Dunsparce looks better

127 4.03%
Page 442 of 1178 FirstFirst ... 342392432438439440441442443444445446452492542 ... LastLast
Results 11,026 to 11,050 of 29437

Thread: Starter Speculation/Discussion Thread

Quote Originally Posted by GenosectArceus View Post
    Well, maybe in a more European knight sense. Chespin is basically the mace when it curls up and then it turns into a bear that wields a mace-like tail. But would that design look too much like Ferrothorn?!
    That sounds quite cool, especially since you could take the ANY kind of Knight and implement it with Chespin, or any of the other starters really (Jousting/Swordfighting/Mace/Literal Dark/White Knight).

Quote Originally Posted by BurningWhiteKyurem View Post
    That sounds quite cool, especially since you could take the ANY kind of Knight and implement it with Chespin, or any of the other starters really (Jousting/Swordfighting/Mace/Literal Dark/White Knight).
    It goes with the speculation that Chespin becomes a knight, Fennekin a mage, and Froakie a thief and then into a warlord. May look like a parallel to Zelda afterwards.
        Spoiler:- Just- lol:

It goes with the speculation that Chespin becomes a knight, Fennekin a mage, and Froakie a thief and then into a warlord. May look like a parallel to Zelda afterwards.
    That would be an awesome shoutout.

"The Legend of Fennekin: A Chespin to the Past."

It's time to return to the old, soaring back to Hoenn!

Quote Originally Posted by Taodragon View Post
    That would be an awesome shoutout.

"The Legend of Fennekin: A Chespin to the Past."
    Another Pokémon Crossover/Spin-Off, anyone?

As you progress through the game, Chespin (you) evolve with new abilities (most likely rock climb and rock smash). Thief Froakie has gone from boring nobody to warlord, and now he knows Ice Beam and Blizzard, and he has cast the world under an ocean and icy underworld. Only Fennekin, the princess can melt the ice and free the world from <Froakie evo name here>, but she has been put into a deep sleep. It's up to <Chespin evo name here> to save the day!

Foxes are associated with Magic, so Fennekin being Fire/Psychic would make sense. Hopefully, it stays quadruped, as all past Fire starters were Bipedal.

If it's Europe wide, I'd like to see Fennekin based off the Teumessian Fox, a large Mythical fox in Greek Mythology that could never be caught.

And luckily, there seems to be no fox Journey to the east character. Though there is a Dragon Horse and a River Ogre. Good Luck dodging that, Froakie.

Poor Froakie. If it actually turns into an ogre, I will be laughing! >: D kinda annoyed.

Quote Originally Posted by Yveltal96 View Post
    yes because a hedgehog turning into a bear is exactly like that
    the only one on this list that makes sense is the octillery reference
    also what pokemon are you referring to for the Echidna--Badger
    Harmless?hedgehogs are vicious little nocturnal predators.And they have something in common with bears...they're two of the few animals that walk on the entire foot and not on their toes/claws/hooves.So,they walk like humans.

Quote Originally Posted by Furret Master View Post
    And that is perfectly valid. A toad to a dragon is a bit of a stretch. I just don't want us to get too caught up in how GameFreak has always done things to not let them expand a bit. But your point is quite valid. That's why I've said that they need to do it well, not just throw out a new way of doing things just because they can (which no one has said this, and that's good).
    Well...someone has said that a frog can't evolve into a salamander because salamanders are inferior species.But how do you explain Chimchar to Monferno?Chimchar is supposed to be a chimp and it evolved into a baboon/monkey thing.Monkeys are supposed to be inferior to apes and yet,Chimchar evolved into one.The same goes for Remoraid and Octillery.So,having cleared that up,Froakie's body becomes bigger,more elongated,it gets a tail.Then,when it evolves into its final stage,its body becomes even more elongated,it keeps the cloud around its neck[wich is exactly like how an Asian dragon is portrayed],and grows more clouds on each foot.The two white things on its nose elongate and become kinda like dragon wiskers.And there you have it...its final evo Water/Flying or Water/Electric.A salamander to a dragon...has been done before with Charmander to Charizard. http://fc03.deviantart.net/fs29/i/20...onMandingo.jpg
    Last edited by Nacreous; 20th April 2013 at 10:18 AM.

As soon as I saw Chespin, I knew it was for me...

But, if Fennekin does turn out to Fire/Psychic...then, well...

I MUST HAVE IT!!! FIRE IS AWESOME!!! PSYCHIC IS EVEN MORE SO!!! COMBINED, THEY MAKE A SUPER COMBO!!!

A Fire-Psychic starter would be very interesting, especially since there has been no starters with Psychic as their secondary types. If Fennekin's final evolution is part Psychic type then I wonder if it would have an affect on its appearance. I've always thought that Froakie's final evolution might end up being part Flying type due to the clouds on it.

Quote Originally Posted by totoro123 View Post
    A Fire-Psychic starter would be very interesting, especially since there has been no starters with Psychic as their secondary types. If Fennekin's final evolution is part Psychic type then I wonder if it would have an affect on its appearance. I've always thought that Froakie's final evolution might end up being part Flying type due to the clouds on it.
    Water/Flying was originally some people's speculation on the cloud thingy. Others wanted him to be Electric when they speculated that the cloud thing might grow into a thundercloud when it become stronger and evolves.

Depends on the Evolutions really, but I'm not really liking them so far, I'll probably end up using one of the first Pokemon I RE or ditch it as soon as I meet a pkmn I like the graphics of.
    IMHO, Fennekin looks too much like a Ninetales wannabe, Froakie looks too strange, same for the grass one. I guess I still prefer the first 3 generation graphics to the new ones.
    If I have to choose right now, It would be Fennekin though despite the fact I've only ever chosen Grass type starters since generation 2.
    [IMG]http://i33.*******.com/vqjxj5.jpg[/IMG] wow fantastic baby [IMG]http://i33.*******.com/vqjxj5.jpg[/IMG]

Quote Originally Posted by MidnightFennekin View Post
    Foxes are associated with Magic, so Fennekin being Fire/Psychic would make sense. Hopefully, it stays quadruped, as all past Fire starters were Bipedal.

If it's Europe wide, I'd like to see Fennekin based off the Teumessian Fox, a large Mythical fox in Greek Mythology that could never be caught.

And luckily, there seems to be no fox Journey to the east character. Though there is a Dragon Horse and a River Ogre. Good Luck dodging that, Froakie.

Poor Froakie. If it actually turns into an ogre, I will be laughing! >: D kinda annoyed.
    wait i thought fennekin was based on a fennec fox
    unless you are talking about it's evolution of course then maybe that is possible

Water/Flying was originally some people's speculation on the cloud thingy. Others wanted him to be Electric when they speculated that the cloud thing might grow into a thundercloud when it become stronger and evolves.
    personally not a fan of either of those it would seem to me as if they were ripping off zelda

Ask me stupid stuff
    Credit for the Banner goes to Sworn Metalhead

personally not a fan of either of those it would seem to me as if they were ripping off zelda
    Then...what do you think Froakie will evolve into?We only hear about how you dislike our speculation,and you oppose almost everything but we never saw you coming up with an idea.So,let's hear what you have to say^^
    Last edited by Nacreous; 20th April 2013 at 2:29 PM.

Well people might draw similarities from thundercloud Froakie to Cyclos from Wind Waker, but Pokémon should still try and use a thundercloud frog. Or we can go back to conventional amphibian typing and give it the unimaginative Water/Ground typing.

Well people might draw similarities from thundercloud Froakie to Cyclos from Wind Waker, but Pokémon should still try and use a thundercloud frog. Or we can go back to conventional amphibian typing and give it the unimaginative Water/Ground typing.
    not all amphibians are unimaginative he makes me think that he will be a fighter with similar body structure of toxicroak
    and also for our amphibians we have had pure water, water/fighting, water/ground, each only once (this is only including ones with water typing)

Ask me stupid stuff

not all amphibians are unimaginative he makes me think that he will be a fighter with similar body structure of toxicroak
    and also for our amphibians we have had pure water, water/fighting, water/ground, each only once (this is only including ones with water typing)
    Isn't an axolotl an amphibian? If so, Swamperts a Water/Ground amphibian.

Isn't an axolotl an amphibian? If so, Swamperts a Water/Ground amphibian.
    lol i thought swampert was just a monster :P
    yeah those are amphibians
    but still i don't think water/ground is exactly unimaginative but i don't see him getting that typing

Ask me stupid stuff

I think that, if Chespin is supposed to represent the first mammals to exist, it would be cool if it evolved into a giant sloth or other prehistoric mammal.
    Nuzlocke Ruby Run: 6 Badges, Heading To Lilycove City
    Team: Deaths:

My Team for the Ruby Remake:

Quote Originally Posted by S/D/J View Post
    I think that, if Chespin is supposed to represent the first mammals to exist, it would be cool if it evolved into a giant sloth or other prehistoric mammal.
    explain please i am confused on what you mean

Ask me stupid stuff

lol i thought swampert was just a monster :P
    yeah those are amphibians
    but still i don't think water/ground is exactly unimaginative but i don't see him getting that typing
    I just don't want to see another amphibian that is 4x weak to grass.

I just don't want to see another amphibian that is 4x weak to grass.
    me neither that's why i hope he will be similar to toxicroak
    having fighting typing and as a DW ability he could have dry skin or poison touch, both being good defensive abilities

Ask me stupid stuff

Quote Originally Posted by MidnightFennekin View Post

I hope that fennekin is quadruped instead of bipedal becuase personaly i think it would look quite stupid. Maybe some would like it but thats my own personal opinion. Fire/physic also seems to be the general idea going round for fennekins type and your suggestion further evidents that. But it seems likely that fennekin is a fennec fox and possibley it could evolve into the mythical teumessian fox?
    My Shiny Pokemon:

5th Gen:
    ;Emolga; ;Solosis;

6th Gen:
    Greninja ;Volcarona; (X2) Aegislash ;Lampent; Diggersby

Luvin' the t'wigs <3
    3DS fc: Paddy 2621-3316-5077 (Pm if you add me)

Well, for the starters I was trying to think of good/cool secondary types and I came up with fire/psychic, water/poison, and grass/dark because that way each one would have a strength against the others. This is my first post just so you know. I just thought that would be cool especially for froakie and froakie users since water hardly ever has another type which stiks and is boring.
    † I am a Christian and proud of it! Copy and paste this if you are too.†

Quote Originally Posted by baconrules View Post
    Well, for the starters I was trying to think of good/cool secondary types and I came up with fire/psychic, water/poison, and grass/dark because that way each one would have a strength against the others. This is my first post just so you know. I just thought that would be cool especially for froakie and froakie users since water hardly ever has another type which stiks and is boring.
    sweet name btw
    i like your choices for typing i think it would be really cool if froakie gets dry skin for a DW ability or even poison touch
    what do you think?

Ask me stupid stuff

Thanks for the compliment and yea I think that would be cool. I just hope they do it

I think that is a great idea too, but to me froakie seems more of a water/normal or water/fighting (by how it fights in the trailer).

Page 442 of 1178 FirstFirst ... 342392432438439440441442443444445446452492542 ... LastLast