View Poll Results: Which starter would you use?

Voters
3150. You may not vote on this poll
  • Chespin

845 26.83%
  • Fennekin

1,329 42.19%
  • Froakie

849 26.95%
  • NONE, Dunsparce looks better

127 4.03%
Page 452 of 1178 FirstFirst ... 352402442448449450451452453454455456462502552 ... LastLast
Results 11,276 to 11,300 of 29437

Thread: Starter Speculation/Discussion Thread

Quote Originally Posted by JBreese View Post
    I'm still holding out for water/poison evo for froakie as there is a species of poison dart frog which is [B]blue[\B] and plus alot of poison dart frog species carry their eggs on their backs in what look like bubbles....
    Plus dendrobates azureus are a very popular in captivity similar to fennic foxes, it could be that all three are based on common pets?
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dendrobates_azureus
    I'd call him azureus ^_^
    This is the closest basis for Froakie I've ever seen...

...he may be Water/Poison...
    Quote Originally Posted by Mew. View Post
    I guess you are a special one and do not fit under the "most people" category

Quote Originally Posted by baconrules View Post
    That would be pretty cool as it could make a even triangle with froakie being a water poison fennekin could be fire psychic and chespin could be whatever beats psychic.
    Whilst I'm not a fan of a second triangle I do like the idea of fenniken being part psychic, although I have a suspicion it may end up part ground or pure fire.

Quote Originally Posted by Elnava View Post
    This is the closest basis for Froakie I've ever seen...

...he may be Water/Poison...
    I suggested it ageees ago and unfortunately it was just over looked but I do think its a distinct possibility. I can see the white bits on froakie turning grey then black as it evolves so it remembered the frog more.

Doing a little of research into fennic foxes, correct me if im wrong but I have looked back but couldn't see anybody mentioning this
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Little_Prince
    France's most internationally translated and their most read story. About a prince who meets a pilot in the dessert and a fennic fox, not a lot of detail on the fox (although it seems wise, possibly physic type?) could be the initial inspiration though.
    Last edited by WNDR; 2nd May 2013 at 8:46 PM.
    White FC: 0046-3335-5684

I'm still holding out for water/poison evo for froakie as there is a species of poison dart frog which is blue and plus alot of poison dart frog species carry their eggs on their backs in what look like bubbles....
    Plus dendrobates azureus are a very popular in captivity similar to fennic foxes, it could be that all three are based on common pets?
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dendrobates_azureus
    I'd call him azureus ^_^
    I know those (a friend of mine has some) and I can't believe I forgot to make a link...
    Still, even if Froakie was based on it, I hope it will finish as a Water and Fighting type. However, Poison makes sense too, so I wouldn't be mad of that combination.
    Water 水 - Earth 土 - Fire 火 - Air 气 - Spirits 神靈 - Change 易 - Balance 平衡
    « Be the leaf... »

my deviantArt account

COINCIDENCE explanation.jpg
    Looking at the starters' designs, there seems to be visual influence from the Gen V characters.
    Likely coincidental but really interesting if not.

Quote Originally Posted by Beartillery View Post
    COINCIDENCE explanation.jpg
    Looking at the starters' designs, there seems to be visual influence from the Gen V characters.
    Likely coincidental but really interesting if not.
    People just try to make a connection even if there is none.
    Anyway, Bianca has the Chespin resemblance.

.: Pumping it up for November!!! | Drawn by me, do not steal. :.
    ~ My Pokemon Omega Ruby & Alpha Sapphire Speculation & Wishlist ~

.: IF YOU HAVE QUESTIONS ABOUT THE GAMES, PLEASE CHECK THE [MAIN SITE] FIRST :.

Whilst I'm not a fan of a second triangle I do like the idea of fenniken being part psychic, although I have a suspicion it may end up part ground or pure fire.

I suggested it ageees ago and unfortunately it was just over looked but I do think its a distinct possibility. I can see the white bits on froakie turning grey then black as it evolves so it remembered the frog more.

Doing a little of research into fennic foxes, correct me if im wrong but I have looked back but couldn't see anybody mentioning this
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Little_Prince
    France's most internationally translated and their most read story. About a prince who meets a pilot in the dessert and a fennic fox, not a lot of detail on the fox (although it seems wise, possibly physic type?) could be the initial inspiration though.
    Why Psychic when Ground is far more plausible? I mean, Fennec foxes do reside in deserts. It seems that most people expect Psychic from Fennekin mostly due to the existence of Ninetails. Another Fire-type fox Pokemon with psychic abilities (though it's not part Psychic). I think Fennekin taking the Ground-type route would be a bit more interesting. Its final evolution could have gravity-defying sand that constantly orbits around its body. I think that'd be pretty cool. :P

Quote Originally Posted by ManhattanTheStarr View Post
    Why Psychic when Ground is far more plausible? I mean, Fennec foxes do reside in deserts. It seems that most people expect Psychic from Fennekin mostly due to the existence of Ninetails. Another Fire-type fox Pokemon with psychic abilities (though it's not part Psychic). I think Fennekin taking the Ground-type route would be a bit more interesting. Its final evolution could have gravity-defying sand that constantly orbits around its body. I think that'd be pretty cool. :P
    For me particulally it stems from not having a decent psychic that ive liked in my team for generations, a bit of wishful thinking.
    By all means if its part ground I would love it, stab earthquake, yes please. Would fit nicely into a sandstorm team I've been building as well.
    White FC: 0046-3335-5684

For me particulally it stems from not having a decent psychic that ive liked in my team for generations, a bit of wishful thinking.
    By all means if its part ground I would love it, stab earthquake, yes please. Would fit nicely into a sandstorm team I've been building as well.
    Ah, well I can see where you're coming from. Froakie becoming part Fighting would be awesome for me, since it's my favorite type (though I am not impressed by having 3 Fire/Fighting type starters for the past 3 generations...). But in all honesty, something more unique would be better appreciated. Like Water/Electric (its "foam" morphing into thunder clouds perhaps?), or Water/Ice (its "foam" becoming low temperature snow storm clouds?). Whatever type it adopts (if any), I'll eventually get used to it, so it's cool, and doesn't really matter, I guess.

I simply want someone well done. While I would like Fennekin to NOT be part fighting... if it was designed well, looked fun, had good stats and good moves; I'll love it. I just thought Emboar looked stupid. He is the first fire starter I didn't love. Actually I never kept a single gen V starter all the way to the elite four. Always gave them up for something else.

As far as typing... let's see some originality. I love the ideas of I've seen on this thread. Water/Electric/ice/Fighting, Fire/Psychic/Ground/Ghost, Grass/Steel/Rock/Dark. They're almost all original or have only been done once before.

Monotyping would also be acceptable.
    -sflytal

I try to use at least one Pokemon that is new to me each time I play through a game.

My level 100s:

Quote Originally Posted by sflytal View Post
    I simply want someone well done. While I would like Fennekin to NOT be part fighting... if it was designed well, looked fun, had good stats and good moves; I'll love it. I just thought Emboar looked stupid. He is the first fire starter I didn't love. Actually I never kept a single gen V starter all the way to the elite four. Always gave them up for something else.

As far as typing... let's see some originality. I love the ideas of I've seen on this thread. Water/Electric/ice/Fighting, Fire/Psychic/Ground/Ghost, Grass/Steel/Rock/Dark. They're almost all original or have only been done once before.

Monotyping would also be acceptable.
    I would love monotyping, but the starters just don't fit in it..
    Chespin is definitely not pure grass and fennekin don't look pure fire either.
    But only knowing the first stage i am going for Froakie

I am still torn on which starter I would use, I know we still have months to go, I guess I will just pick one randomly.

Quote Originally Posted by JW1004 View Post
    I am still torn on which starter I would use, I know we still have months to go, I guess I will just pick one randomly.
    Well I'm going to wait 2,3,4 days to buy it...
    What if the evo's suck?
    What if the pokemon suck???

Yup....

No just kidding CHESPIN FTW

At the moment number 10 in double battles of the Netherlands.

Quote Originally Posted by Bariokie View Post
    What if the evo's suck?

Yup....

... Lucky you. It takes about a month for anything I order to get here.

Anyway, I'm on the Fennekin Ferry, but the Froakkie Train seems good too, eh, if Fennekin has bad evos, I'll get Froakkie, igpf both have bad evos, Imma go choose Froakkie, ditch it in a PC, get a Dunsparce, and Hax that Chespin to death.

... Nah, it's Fennekin for me.

... And poor Dunsparce still gets little Love. Not even Emolga voted for it.

Quote Originally Posted by Bariokie View Post
    What if the evo's suck?

Yup....

haha, I normally already could check here, before the release in my country, whether the evo's would be good, their attacks or whatever. But now I just don't mind, I like all three this time

Quote Originally Posted by rodrigogb10 View Post
    Not really a fan of the starters tbh..
    I think this are the best starters we've had since gen 3..
    I have always chosen the waterstarter but this is the first time i'm not sure about it, and i still love froakie

Quote Originally Posted by Blesstoise View Post
    I have always chosen the waterstarter but this is the first time i'm not sure about it, and i still love froakie
    Dont know what to think...Im an old school guy and well...for me the starters are horrible. Please remakes..

Quote Originally Posted by rodrigogb10 View Post
    Dont know what to think...Im an old school guy and well...for me the starters are horrible. Please remakes..
    Chespin and Froakie have so much potential, and it's finally something different.
    Fennekin is imo overhyped, nothing special. But it still looks decent

Chimchar, Turtwig and Piplup's evos were good. Not Piplup.
    I normally don't pick a certain type when playing the games, but so far I'm 2-5 with water possibly having Froakie.
    3DS FC: 3652-1012-6122
    Dark Pit isn't that bad of an inclusion, you'll get over it trust me.

Chespin and Froakie have so much potential, and it's finally something different.
    Fennekin is imo overhyped, nothing special. But it still looks decent
    Meh...I think Fennekin is the best looking one.But first gen>all

I'm still very undecided on who I'm gonna pick. If Fennekin is a fire/psychic, like how it used a psychic move in the trailer, I'll pick that. But a grass/fighting starter would be pretty bad-***. Froakie looks like a pussy but I'd pick him if the other two's types are not what I predicted. However with Froakie "supposively" being water/ice, that's a great combination. He can take down fire types and also take down grass types, which would hella lots.

Pokemon X Round 2

Quote Originally Posted by TheBattleFrontierAsh1 View Post
    Chimchar, Turtwig and Piplup's evos were good. Not Piplup.
    I normally don't pick a certain type when playing the games, but so far I'm 2-5 with water possibly having Froakie.
    I didn't like piplup either but i didn't know the evo's when i first played dp, still think that gen 4 starters are the worst

I didn't like piplup either but i didn't know the evo's when i first played dp, still think that gen 4 starters are the worst
    i find myself always picking teh fire starter the first play though

gen 1 charmander
    gen 2 cyndiquil
    gen 3 ( picked torchic first play though stoped at slateport reset the game used mudkip restarted again xD mained treeko in gen 3 ever since)
    gen 4 almost picked chimchar but choose turtwig
    gen five first time picking the water starter first time ( and first time having a female starter)

for gen 6 i will choose chespin unless feenikin is fire phyisc
    Fire red team
    Emerald team
    Platinum team
    HG team
    Black 2 team
    Pokemon X Team

3DS FC: 3153-4454-8518

pokedex: complete -

I'm glad I'm not the only one that feels that way! I'm still not warmed up to them.. I like their final evos alright, but it's always a struggle when I'm training them up and there's a Piplup or a Chimchar or a Turtwig on my team.. ugh. The pain!
    I still don't know about Froakie and Chespin. I don't mind them, but I really want to see their evos before I pick. Though, I'm pretty sure it'll be Fennekin. I've always had a thing for canine pokemon, and even though it ruins my water type starter streak... he's just the cutest!
    [IMG]http://i40.*******.com/o8t7cl.png[/IMG]
    3DS Friendcode: 2895-6496-6721
    Message me with yours!

Page 452 of 1178 FirstFirst ... 352402442448449450451452453454455456462502552 ... LastLast