View Poll Results: Which starter would you use?

Voters
3150. You may not vote on this poll
  • Chespin

845 26.83%
  • Fennekin

1,329 42.19%
  • Froakie

849 26.95%
  • NONE, Dunsparce looks better

127 4.03%
Page 453 of 1178 FirstFirst ... 353403443449450451452453454455456457463503553 ... LastLast
Results 11,301 to 11,325 of 29437

Thread: Starter Speculation/Discussion Thread

Quote Originally Posted by FallBird View Post
    I'm glad I'm not the only one that feels that way! I'm still not warmed up to them.. I like their final evos alright, but it's always a struggle when I'm training them up and there's a Piplup or a Chimchar or a Turtwig on my team.. ugh. The pain!
    I still don't know about Froakie and Chespin. I don't mind them, but I really want to see their evos before I pick. Though, I'm pretty sure it'll be Fennekin. I've always had a thing for canine pokemon, and even though it ruins my water type starter streak... he's just the cutest!
    really i thought gen 4 looked decent and when you compare them to gen 5 they become 3rd best, little biased on that though since i used chimchar in my explores of darkness game and since then loved the pokemon
    Fire Red Team
    Emerald Team
    Platinum Team
    Heart Gold Team
    Black 2 Team
    Pokemon X Team
    Pokemon Alpha Sapphire Team:

3DS FC: 3153-4454-8518

pokedex: complete -

Quote Originally Posted by rodrigogb10 View Post
    Dont know what to think...Im an old school guy and well...for me the starters are horrible. Please remakes..
    You probably just think because nostalgia. If these were the starters gen 1, you would love them.
    My first shiny ever caught!

Named Admiral Sentret

I personally like 4th gen's starters... at least Empoleon and Torterra were cool
    Quote Originally Posted by Mew. View Post
    I guess you are a special one and do not fit under the "most people" category

Quote Originally Posted by Elnava View Post
    I personally like 4th gen's starters... at least Empoleon and Torterra were cool
    I agree. I actually consider the whole Gen 4 starter group to be the most creative and diverse to date.

I do think the Gen 6 starters are all pretty cool, I just can't evaluate them completely until I know their final forms.
    LOOKING FOR A SHINY ONIX/STEELIX and SHINY SCYTHER/SCIZOR and SHINY SLOWPOKE. I HAVE POKEBANK CELEBI FOR TRADE AND SOME OTHER SHINIES. PM IF INTERESTED.

Quote Originally Posted by SlowPokeBroKing View Post
    I agree. I actually consider the whole Gen 4 starter group to be the most creative and diverse to date.

I do think the Gen 6 starters are all pretty cool, I just can't evaluate them completely until I know their final forms.
    Yeah, I agree.
    I'm hoping the evolution designs for the starters are unique; not like, for example, Fennekin --> Middle sized fox, with the colors in different parts --> Big fox with same design & colors, only minor changes.

That'd be pretty dull.

Don't see the potential in Fennekin, his first stage is nice, but it is a fox.. what could you do with that?

My favourites over the years have been charizard, feraligatyr and empoleon...
    I just want all starters to have as good a movepool as feraligatyr.

<-- Click to go to an amazing guild, Edge of Neo Destruction are always recruiting!

Friend Code.. 1220-6368-0567!

Quote Originally Posted by Blesstoise View Post
    Don't see the potential in Fennekin, his first stage is nice, but it is a fox.. what could you do with that?
    Maybe Fennekin will end up with six legs and a pair of antennae. Fennekin will not be just based on a Fennec fox but a Elephant with bigger ears and a trunk. Fennekin can become the most balanaced defensive and fastest fire/fighting we have yet.

Hey, GF did make Mankey and Primeape based on monkey and pig. And Magmar is a duck and a salamander. GF should mix and match animals more.
    Last edited by confuser987; 5th May 2013 at 2:14 PM.

Because we're saying favorite starters: Charizard, Blastoise, Feraligatr, All of Gen 3, Torterra, and Empoleon. I actually really like starters, always been a big fan of them, it determines what the Gen is going to be like.

Quote Originally Posted by confuser987 View Post
    Maybe Fennekin will end up with six legs and a pair of antennae. Fennekin will not be just based on a Fennec fox but a Elephant with bigger ears and a trunk. Fennekin can become the most balanaced defensive and fastest fire/fighting we have yet.
    What? Fennekin is my least favorite Starter of Gen 6 (I like them all actually), but Fox+Ant+Elephant=Ugly for me. That just seems to weird. And why would you want it to be Fire/Fighting? I thought three was enough. To be honest, I thought one was enough.
    *Insert Some Cool Image Here*

Quote Originally Posted by DarkSword39 View Post
    Because we're saying favorite starters: Charizard, Blastoise, Feraligatr, All of Gen 3, Torterra, and Empoleon. I actually really like starters, always been a big fan of them, it determines what the Gen is going to be like.

What? Fennekin is my least favorite Starter of Gen 6 (I like them all actually), but Fox+Ant+Elephant=Ugly for me. That just seems to weird. And why would you want it to be Fire/Fighting? I thought three was enough. To be honest, I thought one was enough.
    Fennekin evolution can be variation of Emboar. As Elephant+Fox, it can lean scald, stomp, Octazooka, hydro pump, heavy slam, bullet seed. Fox+Ant can learn bug moves.

..Give it moves, abilities, stats and a possible secondary typing on evolution?

Really and truly, what cant you do with fennekin? The possibilities are endless. Honestly nobody has said fennekins evos have to be foxes ( though its likely they will). Also to make it differ from ninetailes and vulpix gf can give them a nice dual type some cool new moves a cool hidden abilty? Fennekin has pontential to be great. As do all three of these starters. The ball is in gfs court to see what route they go down.
    My Shiny Pokemon:

5th Gen:
    ;Emolga; ;Solosis;

6th Gen:
    Greninja ;Volcarona; (X2) Aegislash ;Lampent; Diggersby

Luvin' the t'wigs <3
    3DS fc: Paddy 2621-3316-5077 (Pm if you add me)

My hopes for these are for the evolutions to be cool and also MAKE SENSE
    I found it very odd with Samurott how it was such a big change
    But maybe that's just me.

I'd also like them to be very unique in their designs
    Hope that fennekin doesn't turn out anything like nine tails and Froakie nothing like seismatoad

White2 Friend code: 0519-7592-3571
    X Friend code: 0216-1851-5361
    My safari: FIRE, slugma,growlith,ninetales

With frogs we've kinda had boxing (poliwrath), karate (toxicroak) and sumo wrestling (seismitoad)
    I know that they're not all fighting types, but it's an interesting thought...

I really think that froakie is gonna go the special route...

<-- Click to go to an amazing guild, Edge of Neo Destruction are always recruiting!

Quote Originally Posted by Regality View Post
    With frogs we've kinda had boxing (poliwrath), karate (toxicroak) and sumo wrestling (seismitoad)

I think Sumo/Seimitoad is a stretch, so perhaps that for Froakie? Lo, i'd crap myself laughing! Or wrestling.

I hope Fennekin is Fire/Ground. But it needs Energy Ball if that happened.

I'm not seeing how Seismitoad is based off of a sumo wrestler, it's clearly a combination of a toad and a loudspeaker.

But I agree, I hope Froakie goes the special route.

I'm hoping froakie goes the special route too
    I just hope he stays on the thin side
    I mean been based on a tree frog rather than toads like the rest
    (Yes I know politoad is based on a tree frog too, but I think he's a mix)
    I'd love for froakie to get bright red/yellow eyes and some color full marking along with a nice cloke of white foam or streamers a of foam
    A kind of frog water version of sceptile

White2 Friend code: 0519-7592-3571
    X Friend code: 0216-1851-5361
    My safari: FIRE, slugma,growlith,ninetales

Quote Originally Posted by Will-powered Spriter View Post
    I reckon the types are Grass/Dark, Fire/Ghost and Water Fighting, since that would mean they trump their respective opponents from the video. Ghost and Dark are interchangeable, I guess.

Also Froakie is the best starter.
    Maybe Fire/Psychic is better, as Ghost isn't super-effective against Fighting..
    Vaporeon's a beast.

Quote Originally Posted by confuser987 View Post
    Fennekin evolution can be variation of Emboar. As Elephant+Fox, it can lean scald, stomp, Octazooka, hydro pump, heavy slam, bullet seed. Fox+Ant can learn bug moves.
    Why? Why would you want another Emboar? Fennekin is the cute one this time, and why would they make it ugly? It just doesn't make sense.
    *Insert Some Cool Image Here*

Quote Originally Posted by your boss View Post
    I'm not seeing how Seismitoad is based off of a sumo wrestler, it's clearly a combination of a toad and a loudspeaker.

But I agree, I hope Froakie goes the special route.
    My reasoning.. was because its fat.

I really want Chespin to surprise me and say,'Whoa, no way I'm picking Fennekin now'.
    What is Chespin based off, anyway?

Quote Originally Posted by RoySceptile View Post
    I really want Chespin to surprise me and say,'Whoa, no way I'm picking Fennekin now'.
    What is Chespin based off, anyway?
    A Hedgehog (with sime similarities of a Chipmunk, it seems). I really hope it will have some noticable Spikes when evolved~
    Is apparantly Dragon Type in the Friend Safari. Neat.

One of these Spoilers has a very Hot Chick hidden. One has Yaoi. And one will eat your Soul. Choose at your own risk~

Spoiler:- Number 1:

Spoiler:- Number 2:

Spoiler:- Number 3:

Quote Originally Posted by MastersOfMonsters View Post
    A Hedgehog (with sime similarities of a Chipmunk, it seems). I really hope it will have some noticable Spikes when evolved~
    Not more then Sceptile...

I want it to be:

Smooth and Elegant as Leafeon.
    As fast as Sceptile.
    And as strong as Breloom.

^_^

At the moment number 10 in double battles of the Netherlands.

I want it to be a hench sandslash.

Quote Originally Posted by Bariokie View Post
    Not more then Sceptile...

I want it to be:

Smooth and Elegant as Leafeon.
    As fast as Sceptile.
    And as strong as Breloom.

^_^
    Even with all that, it can still have some awesome spikes, no? :P

I really hope that Froakie will be the fast one. Chespin can be fat and awesome for all I care. Fennekin will most likely be pretty fast, too, though..
    Is apparantly Dragon Type in the Friend Safari. Neat.

One of these Spoilers has a very Hot Chick hidden. One has Yaoi. And one will eat your Soul. Choose at your own risk~

Spoiler:- Number 1:

Spoiler:- Number 2:

Spoiler:- Number 3:

Page 453 of 1178 FirstFirst ... 353403443449450451452453454455456457463503553 ... LastLast