View Poll Results: Which starter would you use?

Voters
3150. You may not vote on this poll
  • Chespin

845 26.83%
  • Fennekin

1,329 42.19%
  • Froakie

849 26.95%
  • NONE, Dunsparce looks better

127 4.03%
Page 456 of 1178 FirstFirst ... 356406446452453454455456457458459460466506556 ... LastLast
Results 11,376 to 11,400 of 29437

Thread: Starter Speculation/Discussion Thread

Quote Originally Posted by Minedreigon View Post
    If this happens I'm picking frennikin.
    That is IF Fennekin is Fire/Psychic AND it has good special offense and better than decent defenses. Seriously,Infernape with Shadow Claw can pwn Fire/Psychic Fenne-evo with 2HKO.

Next of all, I don't want any of the starters to be dually typed with the new type(s). Give some strong (good stat layout) and well-designed Pokémon the new types so it would be accepted easier. Scizor, Steelix, and Sneasel were really good new typed Pokémon, even though their final evos shined in 4th gen (Weavile).

Quote Originally Posted by MrDuck View Post
    Especially since fairy sounds so childish and girly
    Lol that's like saying that Normal types sound boring and useless, Bug types sound wimpy and stupid, and Fighting types all sound manly and aggresive.
    Yet we have Normal beasts like Arceus (originally a Normal type), Slaking, Blissey, and Snorlax, strong Bugs like Scizor, Volcarona, and Forretress, and un-aggresive-looking/feminine Fighting types such as Riolu, Breloom, and Mienshao.
    So you can't generalize a type on what it sounds like.
    Last edited by Blackjack the Titan; 6th May 2013 at 11:19 AM.

I asked Hiro about Chespin being grass/steel or grass/dark and he said No to the 2 combinations, so maybe grass/ground or even fighting, now I want grass/rock.

hmmmm.... So Hiro has stated
    All 3 starters will be dual typed
    Fennekin will not be fire/fighting
    Chespin will not be grass/dark or steel
    (Along with a new fairy type been introduced)

But how can we believe hiro has said these things? Do we have proof?

Its a shame we have no info on my favorite little frog, I'd love to know if he stays thin.

So fennekin could be any of 15 more types, the ones I see plausible are
    Ground, rock, steel (due to it been based on a fennec fox)
    psychic, dark, ghost (due to many others wanting it to be mystical, and how foxes are considered in Japan)

Chespin on the other had could be
    Ground, rock, fighting, poison (they seem logical to me at this point)

And sadly no info on beloved froakie
    Last edited by adamfitz; 6th May 2013 at 11:54 AM.

White2 Friend code: 0519-7592-3571
    X Friend code: 0216-1851-5361
    My safari: FIRE, slugma,growlith,ninetales

Quote Originally Posted by adamfitz View Post
    hmmmm.... So Hiro has stated

But how can we believe hiro has said these things? Do we have proof?

So fennekin could be any of 15 more types, the ones I see plausible are
    Ground, rock, steel (due to it been based on a fennec fox)
    psychic, dark, ghost (due to many others wanting it to be mystical, and how foxes are considered in Japan)

Chespin on the other had could be
    Ground, rock, fighting, poison (they seem logical to me at this point)

And sadly no info on beloved froakie
    Hiro leaked so much for us in the past, so i´m trusting him!
    So if they are all duo typed:
    Fennekin- Fire/Ground (think that the 'Psychic' attack from the trailer was just Growl)
    Chespin- Gras/ Ground ( If it's design is more based on a mole or something) or Gras/Fight when it's more a 2 feet fighter
    Froakie- Water/Fight could be possible, but this means the dual types won't matchup, hoping water fight tough

Want to see how froakie will look like!

Quote Originally Posted by Blesstoise View Post
    Hiro leaked so much for us in the past, so i´m trusting him!
    So if they are all duo typed:
    Fennekin- Fire/Ground (think that the 'Psychic' attack from the trailer was just Growl)
    Chespin- Gras/ Ground ( If it's design is more based on a mole or something) or Gras/Fight when it's more a 2 feet fighter
    Froakie- Water/Fight could be possible, but this means the dual types won't matchup, hoping water fight tough

Want to see how froakie will look like!
    Just because he was right the first time doesn't mean that he is right the second time. This is a perfect thing for someone like Hiro to gain an advantage to troll you.

Quote Originally Posted by your boss View Post
    Just because he was right the first time doesn't mean that he is right the second time. This is a perfect thing for someone like Hiro to gain an advantage to troll you.
    For sure, but I found more plausible to believe in him now and speculate a bit more rather than not getting any news.

Quote Originally Posted by GenosectArceus View Post
    Lol that's like saying that Normal types sound boring and useless, Bug types sound wimpy and stupid, and Fighting types all sound manly and aggresive.
    Yet we have Normal beasts like Arceus (originally a Normal type), Slaking, Blissey, and Snorlax, strong Bugs like Scizor, Volcarona, and Forretress, and un-aggresive-looking/feminine Fighting types such as Riolu, Breloom, and Mienshao.
    So you can't generalize a type on what it sounds like.
    I don't think normal sounds boring, bugs sound weak and fighting sounds manly. It's just how i feel about fairy at this moment. My feeling about it could change of course.

I meant do we have any proof of Hiro saying those things about the starters, like a photograph, screen shot or something?

I meant do we have any proof of Hiro saying those things about the starters, like a photograph, screen shot or something?
    His twiter.
    https://twitter.com/Hirobyte

Here's a screenshot of the bit I think you mean?

Spoiler:- :

Edit: Looks a bit small though

<-- Click to go to an amazing guild, Edge of Neo Destruction are always recruiting!

Friend Code.. 1220-6368-0567!

Quote Originally Posted by Regality View Post
    Here's a screenshot of the bit I think you mean?

Spoiler:- :

Edit: Looks a bit small though
    He says to pick the Fire starter, "and now more so than ever!"
    Personally, if people are going to pick the Fire starter more, then I'm really going to pick Froakie. Even if he isn't telling the truth, Imma still pick Froakie.
    I think Froakie'll turn out Water/Ground or Water/Fighting.
    Hey, how about someone ask Hirobyte if Froakie will be any of those combinations?

Personally, if people are going to pick the Fire starter more, then I'm really going to pick Froakie. Even if he isn't telling the truth, Imma still pick Froakie.
    Hey, how about someone ask Hirobyte if Froakie will be any of those combinations?
    Even tho I'd love to know about froakie since I'm picking him
    I feel like we shouldn't bombard poor Hiro with tweets asking for info

Also thanks for the pic confirming that he has said so

This^^^. If every damn person is going to pick Fennekin, then I'm going with Froakie. I like to be differejt. And yes make him fighting.

I don't think normal sounds boring, bugs sound weak and fighting sounds manly. It's just how i feel about fairy at this moment. My feeling about it could change of course.
    What if it was spelled Faerie? And was more like Artemis Fowl or City of Bones type fairy

Personally new types shouldn't come into play. I think they should focus on dual types still, but I think they would make a new type before they did 3 types on 1 pokemon. And just to be different ill chose chespin.

My team:

My theory on Sylveon

X and Y
    Yveltal= new ability "backdraft" user cast a windstorm that heils from behind,increases speed of allies because wind is with your team.
    Xerneas =new ability "Psy Scope" user casts a scope like veil that increases the teams accuracy.

I'll be happy with anything but fennekin being fire fighting.we have too many of them

Spoiler:- Credit + Claims:

I'll be happy with anything but fennekin being fire fighting.we have too many of them
    Agreed. I would love a Fire/Physic or a Fire/Ghost type starter for Fennekin.
    I can see Chespin being Grass/Ground or maybe even Grass/Fighting (Breloom is my fav fighting typewould love another one.)
    And Froakie I would love a Water/Electric frog or Water/Fighting but I am expecting Water/Ground.....

My 3DS Friend Code is: 4141-3174-0404

Friend Safari is Dragons (Noibat, Sliggoo,Fraxure)

Devoted Pearlshipper and as such I have released Chapter 4 of my new fic :
    https://www.fanfiction.net/s/9948785...-of-the-tunnel

Quote Originally Posted by Hikatoshi26 View Post
    Agreed. I would love a Fire/Physic or a Fire/Ghost type starter for Fennekin.
    I can see Chespin being Grass/Ground or maybe even Grass/Fighting (Breloom is my fav fighting typewould love another one.)
    And Froakie I would love a Water/Electric frog or Water/Fighting but I am expecting Water/Ground.....
    cool typing's, but i see froakie as being more of a water/ice type. it's light blue colouring suggests that. i like the idea of seeing a fire/psychic type as it would have a good typing and it would have potential for competitive battling.

Always watching. Always waiting. Never truly at peace in a realm of its own.
    Giratina will return....someday.

pretty sure almost everyone is wishing for the fire/fighting starter trend to end. I say almost everyone cause you know there's always a few oddballs that think fire starters should always be fighting types also.

Quote Originally Posted by Cancer0081 View Post
    pretty sure almost everyone is wishing for the fire/fighting starter trend to end. I say almost everyone cause you know there's always a few oddballs that think fire starters should always be fighting types also.
    I would like a grass fighting instead. Then we could have fire dark and water psychic. (Look how frokie holds his hand)

Spoiler:- Credit + Claims:

If frennikin is fire fighting I will go insane. I like it, it but I want something new. Chimchar was my first pokemon after all. He became infernape.
    my first was charmander although i started with fire red. honestly i bearly care what the types are but i would still love a fire physic starter.

15 turning 16 later this month i still count as a gen 1 though U_U but i will always love pokemon
    Fire Red Team
    Emerald Team
    Platinum Team
    Heart Gold Team
    Black 2 Team
    Pokemon X Team
    Pokemon Alpha Sapphire Team:

3DS FC: 3153-4454-8518

pokedex: complete -

Quote Originally Posted by mew 2000 View Post
    my first was charmander although i started with fire red. honestly i bearly care what the types are but i would still love a fire physic starter.

15 turning 16 later this month i still count as a gen 1 though U_U but i will always love pokemon
    If you started with FireRed then you started with gen 3. Not sure if this is what you meant due to your lack of punctuation.

Anyways, I really trust what this Hiro guy says. I hope he doesn't reveal the starter evos before it's time! I'd like for it to be a surprise, even though the speculation kills me. I like that Fennekin won't be Fire/Fighting, and that everyone gets dual types. I'm hoping for the Psychic/Fighting/Dark trio, but like others have said, I can see Ground being a possibility for Fennekin. My only thing against ground is that Fennekin is so thin and sleek - Ground types are usually slow and heavy. And the other I can see happening, that I haven't mentioned before, is Dark. I mean, foxes are known for being cunning and are typically cast as dark characters. Look at the Zorua line. I think that it's a pretty viable possibility.

Alpha Sapphire Team

I'm starting to believe this Hiro guy. I've been playing since gen 1 (I'm now 18, 19 on the 15th) so accepting that fairy type is a little bit hard for me. Especially since fairy sounds so childish and girly.

But I'm gradually starting to warm up to the idea, but not too much or I will be dissapointed if it's not true. Him saying xerneas will be fairy also makes me question if it's true. Then one version would have a legendary with a new type while the other wouldn't.

edit: I just noticed I posted this in the starters section. Can this be moved to either dex speculation or gameplay?
    Quote Originally Posted by FallBird View Post
    If you started with FireRed then you started with gen 3. Not sure if this is what you meant due to your lack of punctuation.

Anyways, I really trust what this Hiro guy says. I hope he doesn't reveal the starter evos before it's time! I'd like for it to be a surprise, even though the speculation kills me. I like that Fennekin won't be Fire/Fighting, and that everyone gets dual types. I'm hoping for the Psychic/Fighting/Dark trio, but like others have said, I can see Ground being a possibility for Fennekin. My only thing against ground is that Fennekin is so thin and sleek - Ground types are usually slow and heavy. And the other I can see happening, that I haven't mentioned before, is Dark. I mean, foxes are known for being cunning and are typically cast as dark characters. Look at the Zorua line. I think that it's a pretty viable possibility.
    i meant it as in from the starers part, but yeah i would have been in around teh third gen then.

why fire ground water already super effects the hell out of fire ground gives it double weakness to water
    Fire Red Team
    Emerald Team
    Platinum Team
    Heart Gold Team
    Black 2 Team
    Pokemon X Team
    Pokemon Alpha Sapphire Team:

3DS FC: 3153-4454-8518

pokedex: complete -

Quote Originally Posted by mew 2000 View Post
    i meant it as in from the starers part, but yeah i would have been in around teh third gen then.

why fire ground water already super effects the hell out of fire ground gives it double weakness to water
    And? Torterra has a double weakness to Ice, but that happened anyway. Lots of folks think Fennekin might be Fire/Ground in the end. I can see it happening, but it's definitely not what I want.

Alpha Sapphire Team

Fallbird I feel the same Hiro seems very believable I'd love if he could tell me that froakie stays thin!
    I do want to be surprised with the starters but I think I'm gonna look at the last evo of each so I can make a final decision but I won't/will try not see the middle evo of each
    Fennekin could be thin while gaining the type steel for example lucario but to be original and ground type doesn't really suit fennekin I mean with the ear fluff I just can't see steel or ground since it looks so lush and fluffy
    _____

So we know each starter gains a type (if Hiro is been truthful)
    I wonder what ones seem most likely
    Froakie: poison would be nice
    A posaionos tree frog
    Chespin: (Hiro said not steel or dark)
    His design is so open he could be just about anything
    Fennekin: (Hiro said not fighting, and he is picking it "more than ever")
    So going off that it may have the best design, but that's depending on what taste Hiro has

_______

I will be picking froakie and its a shame Hiro hasn't said anything about her yet
    Last edited by adamfitz; 6th May 2013 at 10:06 PM.

Fallbird I feel the same Hiro seems very believable I'd love if he could tell me that froakie stays thin!
    I do want to be surprised with the starters but I think I'm gonna look at the last evo of each so I can make a final decision but I won't/will try not see the middle evo of each
    Fennekin could be thin while gaining the type steel for example lucario but to be original and ground type doesn't really suit fennekin I mean with the ear fluff I just can't see steel or ground since it looks so lush and fluffy
    _____

So we know each starter gains a type (if Hiro is been truthful)
    I wonder what ones seem most likely
    Froakie: poison would be nice
    A posaionos tree frog
    Chespin: (Hiro said not steel or dark)
    His design is so open he could be just about anything
    Fennekin: (Hiro said not fighting, and he is picking it "more than ever")
    So going off that it may have the best design, but that's depending on what taste Hiro has

_______

I will be picking froakie and its a shame Hiro hasn't said anything about her yet
    Hiro said Chespin won't be Dark? Pity. Then, I'm crossing my fingers for fighting for him!
    I like the Water/Poison idea. I don't know about that one because of his color and whatnot though. Seems to me that if they wanted a poisonous tree frog, he would be a grass type. But then this is pokemon. I also really like Ice type, because Froakie's little beard and whatnot reminds me of a cloud, or snow, or Walrein's whiskers haha. Blue and white together just remind me of winter and ice in general. (:

Alpha Sapphire Team

Page 456 of 1178 FirstFirst ... 356406446452453454455456457458459460466506556 ... LastLast