View Poll Results: Which starter would you use?

Voters
3150. You may not vote on this poll
  • Chespin

845 26.83%
  • Fennekin

1,329 42.19%
  • Froakie

849 26.95%
  • NONE, Dunsparce looks better

127 4.03%
Page 460 of 1178 FirstFirst ... 360410450456457458459460461462463464470510560 ... LastLast
Results 11,476 to 11,500 of 29437

Thread: Starter Speculation/Discussion Thread

Quote Originally Posted by JBreese View Post
    I'd like to see chespin turning very similar to a ankylosaurus, but staying mammalian.
    The red tail turning into some brute of a spikey ball hammer, give him solid attack!
    Put him on all fours.
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ankylosaurus

What if chespin is based upon this Glyptodont
    An extinct mammal, keeping with GF's previous tradition of ancient animals for inspiration of grass starters.
    Covered its self in a shell, in this case could be the grass back. The big difference between it and other animals with shells is it didn't tuck its head in,
    Think I might be stretching here a little
    Well, Torterra is already an Ankylosaurid, so I doubt they'll do it for another Grass starter. Glyptodont is a possibility though.

Credit to Ayra for the profile pic.
    ASB squad- http://www.serebiiforums.com/showthr...0#post16972170
    I have claimed Kabutops, destroyer of all! Fear me or perish!

Quote Originally Posted by T-Bolt View Post
    Well, Torterra is already an Ankylosaurid, so I doubt they'll do it for another Grass starter. Glyptodont is a possibility though.
    Yeah I think they could easily make a Glyptodont look different in design to Torterra. And I see a lot of similarities between them and chespin. I'd like to see him look like the first one here, with the tail of the second.

Spoiler:- Glyptodont :

I can see it being grass/rock which will help agaisnt and fire, and give him something to hit back agaisnt ice.
    I can also see it being grass/poison and its tail being a poisonous flower, reminiscent on good ole gen1, but as i think froakie will be part poison I don't think so.
    Make it happen GF and I will deffinatly get a chespin on my team!
    Last edited by WNDR; 9th May 2013 at 8:35 AM.
    White FC: 0046-3335-5684

Personally in my opinion Chespin could be: Grass/Ground, Grass/Dark, Grass/Rock or Grass/Steel..which one do you guys think will be the best...

i think everybody can see the pro/cons of all those types.

personally i like tje grass/rock one i feel like it will make chespin good in offense with decent defense.

enough about chespin lets talk about froakie man.

id like froakie to be a good sp defensive pokemon with average speed,and a little bit above average attack.

what about you guys

Chespin-Grass/Rock-high attack,decent speed and defenses

Froakie-Water/Electric-very high speed,decent attacking stats,terrible defenses

Fennekin-Fire/Psychic-high sp attack,decent speed and sp defense,terrible attack,HP and defense.
    Last edited by Nacreous; 9th May 2013 at 11:14 AM.

Why does Fenn get 3 terrible stats?
    Quote Originally Posted by Mew. View Post
    I guess you are a special one and do not fit under the "most people" category

I'm liking the idea of Chespin being Grass/Rock.

Final Prediction:
    Chespin - Grass/Rock
    Fennekin - Fire/Psychic
    Froakie - Water/Electric

Quote Originally Posted by Navarch View Post
    I'm liking the idea of Chespin being Grass/Rock.

Final Prediction:
    Chespin - Grass/Rock
    Fennekin - Fire/Psychic
    Froakie - Water/Electric
    I'd love to see an electric Froakie evolution - think Frog Thor!

Bring on 2015 - Avengers: Age of Ultron, Batman vs Superman, Jurassic World and Star Wars VII

I've made a couple of these points before but wanted to summarise my opinions, back up with some evidence/reasoning, add in a bit of speculation

Froakie:
    I believe Froakie to be based upon, Dendrobates Azureus,
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dendrobates_azureus
    This animal is a branch of the poison dart frog family, it is a blue frog.
    An interesting characteristic of poison dart frogs is how they care for their young, carrying them upon their backs in bubble which look like white clouds.
    If this is the case I can see Froakie's white patches going to grey, then black as it evolves to more closely resemble Dendrobates Azureus.
    This would suggest to me a Water/Poison typing.
    Speedy mixed sweeper, with low defences.

Chespin:
    It is of my believe that Chespin is based up one a hedgehog combined with a chesnut.
    I however believe similar to how Torterra and Sceptile base stages are a turtle and gecko respectively evolving to much larger creatures, (Ankylosaurus and a cross between Dilophosaurusand a Tree Gecko). I believe Chespin's final stage will be based upon a Glyptodont,
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Glyptodontidae
    This would be in keeping with GF's tradition of final stages of grass starters being based upon extinct animals. Glyptodont also shares many design similarities with Chespin, in particular how they both wear caps.
    If this is correct I theorise that Chespin will share characteristics with the subspecies Doedicurus,
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Doedicurus
    With its tail being coming a spikey club or possibly a poisonous flower
    Another feature of Chespin is its chesnut feature, like a chesnut will eventually shed its green outer layer, it is possible Chespin's design will do something similar leaving a rock hard brown shell.
    This would suggest to me either a Grass/Poison typing or a Grass/Rock typing.
    I imaging both defences very bulky, good physical attack, subpar speed and spa.

Fenniken:
    Fenniken is obviously based upon a Fennec Fox, an animal local to the dessert, this suggests an infinity towards ground. What I do believe is possible is as many other pokemon designs change to represent different animals, Fenniken could change to incorporate more canine features. My primary view on this stems from GF's tradition for using animals of the Chinese zodiac for fire starts coupled with the similarities between a fire/ground fox and the zodiac symbol for The Dog. The Dog is a symbol governed by the ground element whilst also has a cycle in the element of fire. Coupled with Fennec foxes are popular pets very much like dogs.
    This to me would suggest a Fire/Ground typing.
    I imagine special orientated attacker, average speed and lower defences.

Went on a bit there, sorry just couldn't stop ^_^

^^ some nice views there, and I see where you are going with the Chespin one, though I can see that one remaining bipedal. The secondary typings you gave Chespin and Froakie would also help to negate the disadvantages they have within the trio, though Fennekin kind of gets left out.

Bring on 2015 - Avengers: Age of Ultron, Batman vs Superman, Jurassic World and Star Wars VII

I think Froakie might be based on a pyrenead frog. They both have yellow-gold eyes, and are found in france.

Ask me stupid stuff
    Credit for the Banner goes to Sworn Metalhead

I've made a couple of these points before but wanted to summarise my opinions, back up with some evidence/reasoning, add in a bit of speculation

Froakie:
    An interesting characteristic of poison dart frogs is how they care for their young, carrying them upon their backs in bubble which look like white clouds.
    If this is the case I can see Froakie's white patches going to grey, then black as it evolves to more closely resemble Dendrobates Azureus.

Chespin:
    It is of my believe that Chespin is based up one a hedgehog combined with a chesnut.
    I however believe similar to how Torterra and Sceptile base stages are a turtle and gecko respectively evolving to much larger creatures, (Ankylosaurus and a cross between Dilophosaurusand a Tree Gecko). I believe Chespin's final stage will be based upon a Glyptodont,
    This would be in keeping with GF's tradition of final stages of grass starters being based upon extinct animals. Glyptodont also shares many design similarities with Chespin, in particular how they both wear caps.
    If this is correct I theorise that Chespin will share characteristics with the subspecies Doedicurus,
    Another feature of Chespin is its chesnut feature, like a chesnut will eventually shed its green outer layer, it is possible Chespin's design will do something similar leaving a rock hard brown shell.

Fenniken:
    Fenniken is obviously based upon a Fennec Fox, an animal local to the dessert, this suggests an infinity towards ground. What I do believe is possible is as many other pokemon designs change to represent different animals, Fenniken could change to incorporate more canine features. My primary view on this stems from GF's tradition for using animals of the Chinese zodiac for fire starts coupled with the similarities between a fire/ground fox and the zodiac symbol for The Dog. The Dog is a symbol governed by the ground element whilst also has a cycle in the element of fire. Coupled with Fennec foxes are popular pets very much like dogs.

Froakie: possibly
    Chespin: so much yes
    Fennekin: now here's where I have a problem. I can see it becoming ground just to become a good counter to many fire fighting pokemon. However, id rather have it electirc or psychic.
        Spoiler:- Just- lol:

Quote Originally Posted by GenosectArceus View Post
    Fennekin: now here's where I have a problem. I can see it becoming ground just to become a good counter to many fire fighting pokemon. However, id rather have it electirc or psychic.
    agreed, Fire/psychic would also make a better counter i feel like for that

Ask me stupid stuff
    Credit for the Banner goes to Sworn Metalhead

If Fenekkin doesn't became a fire/Psychic...Fire/ Dark or Fire/ Ground or Rock...It better be pure Fire (Better than Fire/ Fighting)....we haven't received one since Typhlosion

For Chespin and Froakie both better be dual type since the other starters are lacking, specially the water type...

I'd prefer a Fennekin evo to be Fire/Ground. Only Water/Flying, Fire/Flying and Dragon/Flying resist the combo, excluding abilities. If it's fast enough, it would make a good Scizor counter (But the darned thing will stay in OU! Scizor in UU? No, just no!) and is only weak to two things. Could make a decent Late Game Sweeper, but only if Drizzle is taken out of the way!

So, my hopes for the evos:

Chespin-Grass/Electric
    Fennekin-Fire/Ground
    Froakie-Water/Flying

I'd like Fennekin's last evolution to be Fire/Ghost; Fire/Dark, Psychic, or Electric would also be nice.
    Then Froakie to go either Water/Ice or Water/Flying.
    Really hoping Chespin ends at Grass/Dark or Grass/Rock.

Quote Originally Posted by GenosectArceus View Post
    Fenniken was the only one I struggled with to really delve into, it looks good on the surface but not much mystery there, I am tempted by the japaneese and certainly GF tradition of having foxes be mystical/spiritual so I could easily see physic fit. What deters me from it is the type of fox, the fennec fox wouldn't be a typical fox for Japan and what they Associate as kitsun. Where as fennec foxes scream dessert/ground pokemon.
    Hey I'd just be happy if it isn't fire/fighting

Quote Originally Posted by Mudster View Post
    ^^ some nice views there, and I see where you are going with the Chespin one, though I can see that one remaining bipedal. The secondary typings you gave Chespin and Froakie would also help to negate the disadvantages they have within the trio, though Fennekin kind of gets left out.
    I didn't think of that before but it would work for fenniken in that it would resist the poison type attacks of froakie, in the same way that that froakie and chespin would resist, chespin and fenniken respectively.

Also whilst I'd prefer Chespin's to end up as a quadruped, it could easily end up bipedal similar to Rhyperior being a standing Ankylosaurs. Or mixed like Swampert! Pleases everybody!

That's interesting, so Froakie could become Water/Poison, but I think it's origin lies somewhere else, partly because Froakie isn't a tadpole. Some species of Toad lay eggs that are already miniature toads when they hatch.

Credit to Ayra for the profile pic.
    ASB squad- http://www.serebiiforums.com/showthr...0#post16972170
    I have claimed Kabutops, destroyer of all! Fear me or perish!

I think the starters are all going to be just one type. but I hope that's not the case.
    Quote Originally Posted by Thrive
    We all stand in single file line, and we have all been born into it.

Froakie:

Chespin:

Fenniken:

^^ This guy right here

Though a froggy Thor Water/Electric Froakie would be absolutely awesome!

And Fire/Ground for Fennekin makes so much sense it hurts! It's either Ground, Psychic or pure Fire- anything else would seem strange looking at Fennekin.

You've got Chespin spot on- you sure you don't work for Gamefreak ;]
    HEAVEN-WIND-MOUNTAIN-EARTH
    [IMG]http://i42.*******.com/2m6x5l0.png[/IMG]
    MARSH-THUNDER-FIRE-WATER

Credit to http://ekurepu.deviantart.com/ for the awesome X and Y sprites

Quote Originally Posted by storm12 View Post
    ^^ This guy right here

Though a froggy Thor Water/Electric Froakie would be absolutely awesome!

And Fire/Ground for Fennekin makes so much sense it hurts! It's either Ground, Psychic or pure Fire- anything else would seem strange looking at Fennekin.

You've got Chespin spot on- you sure you don't work for Gamefreak ;]
    Flattery will get you everywhere sir!

I read a lot of marvel comic books and there is a character called Throg he is a guy cursed to be a frog with a chip of Thor's hammer giving him all the power of Thor. I will have to call my Froakie, Throakie now.

Quote Originally Posted by weavile606 View Post
    I think the starters are all going to be just one type. but I hope that's not the case.
    That would be horribly boring. They better all have a secondary Type, preferably one that no Starter has had before (or at least not in that combo)~
    Is apparantly Dragon Type in the Friend Safari. Neat.

One of these Spoilers has a very Hot Chick hidden. One has Yaoi. And one will eat your Soul. Choose at your own risk~

Spoiler:- Number 1:

Spoiler:- Number 2:

Spoiler:- Number 3:

Quote Originally Posted by MastersOfMonsters View Post
    That would be horribly boring. They better all have a secondary Type, preferably one that no Starter has had before (or at least not in that combo)~
    right I wish samurrot would have been water/fighting. but they trolled us! hopefully that's not what they're doing here.
    Quote Originally Posted by Thrive
    We all stand in single file line, and we have all been born into it.

Quote Originally Posted by weavile606 View Post
    right I wish samurrot would have been water/fighting. but they trolled us! hopefully that's not what they're doing here.
    Indeed. I mean, Samurott is a ninja, he really should have been fighting. XD And I would have loved Serperior to be part Dragon, but I'm not sure they'd ever make a Dragon Starter.

However, I have high hopes for the new Starters. I just hope none of them will be pure. ^^
    Is apparantly Dragon Type in the Friend Safari. Neat.

One of these Spoilers has a very Hot Chick hidden. One has Yaoi. And one will eat your Soul. Choose at your own risk~

Spoiler:- Number 1:

Spoiler:- Number 2:

Spoiler:- Number 3:

Flattery will get you everywhere sir!

I read a lot of marvel comic books and there is a character called Throg he is a guy cursed to be a frog with a chip of Thor's hammer giving him all the power of Thor. I will have to call my Froakie, Throakie now.
    In retrospect I do sound kind of ott, but I got excited

Oh wait, you mean this guy:

http://jasonhuskins.files.wordpress....og04_super.jpg

FTW so badly!!
    HEAVEN-WIND-MOUNTAIN-EARTH
    [IMG]http://i42.*******.com/2m6x5l0.png[/IMG]
    MARSH-THUNDER-FIRE-WATER

Credit to http://ekurepu.deviantart.com/ for the awesome X and Y sprites

Page 460 of 1178 FirstFirst ... 360410450456457458459460461462463464470510560 ... LastLast