View Poll Results: Which starter would you use?

Voters
3150. You may not vote on this poll
  • Chespin

845 26.83%
  • Fennekin

1,329 42.19%
  • Froakie

849 26.95%
  • NONE, Dunsparce looks better

127 4.03%
Page 461 of 1178 FirstFirst ... 361411451457458459460461462463464465471511561 ... LastLast
Results 11,501 to 11,525 of 29437

Thread: Starter Speculation/Discussion Thread

Quote Originally Posted by MastersOfMonsters View Post
    Indeed. I mean, Samurott is a ninja, he really should have been fighting. XD And I would have loved Serperior to be part Dragon, but I'm not sure they'd ever make a Dragon Starter.

However, I have high hopes for the new Starters. I just hope none of them will be pure. ^^
    He actually is a Samurai SAMUrott , ya know?
    And ninja's don't always 'fight'. ^_^

At the moment number 10 in double battles of the Netherlands.

Quote Originally Posted by Bariokie View Post
    He actually is a Samurai SAMUrott , ya know?
    And ninja's don't always 'fight'. ^_^
    Samurai's do fight though, and it definitely should have been fighting type.
    My first shiny ever caught!

Named Admiral Sentret

Quote Originally Posted by yuoke View Post
    Samurai's do fight though, and it definitely should have been fighting type.
    Samurai are more iconic with sword fighting specifically, and there aren't many sword based moves that are Fighting-type, so I think it would've been pretty out of place. The quadrupedal Fighting-type legendaries were enough of a stretch with being Fighting-types, in my opinion.

I said wrong, sorry, I meant Samurai. ^^" My bad.
    Is apparantly Dragon Type in the Friend Safari. Neat.

One of these Spoilers has a very Hot Chick hidden. One has Yaoi. And one will eat your Soul. Choose at your own risk~

Spoiler:- Number 1:

Spoiler:- Number 2:

Spoiler:- Number 3:

Water/Rock would have made sense for Samurott, aren't seashells made up of different minerals?
    Quote Originally Posted by Mew. View Post
    I guess you are a special one and do not fit under the "most people" category

Quote Originally Posted by Elnava View Post
    Water/Rock would have made sense for Samurott, aren't seashells made up of different minerals?
    Could have been but that would have also made it 4x weak against Serperior.

Credits to Sworn Metalhead for the awesome banner!

The main component of seashells, calcium carbonate, is also commonly found in different rocks. So that would actually have made a lot of sense if they decided to go that way.

Quote Originally Posted by Mutzaki View Post
    The main component of seashells, calcium carbonate, is also commonly found in different rocks. So that would actually have made a lot of sense if they decided to go that way.
    Corals have this make up in their exoskeleton too. In the same way that sea shells, snail shells, oyster shells, and many other bivalve mollusks use their tissues for protection and rigidity. So Corsola waves hi, from somewhere nebulous.

Unfortunately, Samurott is a total failure competitively, aesthetically, strategically, and doesn't compare remotely to the amazingness of it's pre-evolution, or any other water Pokémon for that matter. So making it a dual water/rock type would have been almost as good an idea as not making the damn thing in the first place.
    Quote Originally Posted by Mario with Lasers View Post
    By the way, Miltank with Rapid Spin for great justice. ROTATING NIPPLES
    Quote Originally Posted by Maxim View Post
    It feels like... I had a halfmeter-long boner. After hearing this, it suddenly went all flaccid. Forever.
    3DS Friend Code (In-Game name is Jesse): 5343-7935-6882
    X Friend Safari: Grass-type: Blahdish, Sawbsux, GoGoatse ( -_-' troll freak...)

I SUPPORT REGIGIGAS WITH EXPLOSION.

༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つ PRAISE HELIX ༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つ

Quote Originally Posted by Hankka View Post
    Could have been but that would have also made it 4x weak against Serperior.
    Oh, you mean like Swampert was 4x weak against Sceptile?
    3DS FC: 0748-3041-6462

Fictionpress / Buy My Book! / Hero's Path

I'm hoping for:

Chespin - Grass/Dark
    Fennekin - Fire/Ground
    Froakie - Water/Poison

Quote Originally Posted by Victreebong View Post
    Corals have this make up in their exoskeleton too. In the same way that sea shells, snail shells, oyster shells, and many other bivalve mollusks use their tissues for protection and rigidity. So Corsola waves hi, from somewhere nebulous.

Unfortunately, Samurott is a total failure competitively, aesthetically, strategically, and doesn't compare remotely to the amazingness of it's pre-evolution, or any other water Pokémon for that matter. So making it a dual water/rock type would have been almost as good an idea as not making the damn thing in the first place.
    No it's not Samurott is probably one of the best Waters in NU. Sure it isn't going to RU but Samurott succeeds to be a viable hitter amongst most critters. And Dewott is actually my 2nd least favorite Pokémon. So your also saying Magikarp is better than Samurott battle wise?

Really? grass dark is kinda sucky, 4x weak to U turn for starters plus dark would be a weird choice for a starter.

Quote Originally Posted by TheAdmiral View Post
    Really? grass dark is kinda sucky, 4x weak to U turn for starters plus dark would be a weird choice for a starter.
    Are Shiftry and Cacturne bad? Nope. So what makes Chespin bad about being Grass/Dark? Chespin looks bulkier than the other two. I can see Chespin having a high defense so U-Turn wouldn't do that much.
    *Insert Some Cool Image Here*

Hey, hey, Samurott looks super cool

I don't believe that most are looking for competitive value in their starters, something that's fun to play with and aesthetically pleasing is more of what starters are about imo
    Last edited by Elnava; 10th May 2013 at 2:57 AM.

I don't believe that most are looking for competitive value in their starters, something that's fun to play with and aesthetically pleasing is more of what starters are about imo
    He looks cool but makes no sense as Dewott evolution.

That's opinion, personally I like the line as a whole and Samurott is probably my third favorite water starter evolution. Competitively it's fine, not the best but it's not lying at the bottom of the barrel either.

Quote Originally Posted by Pepsi_Plunge View Post
    The concept is samurai to shogun, Dewott embodies the former extremely well while Samurott captures the bulky, strong and authoritative nature of the latter. I think it's because of that theme that sea lions were used for the final stage, they have that body type that makes them more suitable for representing shoguns over otters, plus as mentioned below the jump isn't that big compared to other such shifts in evolution.
    Last edited by Taodragon; 10th May 2013 at 4:04 AM.

It's time to return to the old, soaring back to Hoenn!

I definitely agree. A starter is meant to get you through the region, and looking awesome doing it.

Bug-type moves are not really that common, especially not outside of competitive play. I think it would make for a pretty cool typing, but I believe more in Grass/Fighting or Grass/Ground.

Quote Originally Posted by Pepsi_Plunge View Post
    If you mean the origin, the Oshawott line was intended to become samurai-sea lion. I don't find the otter to sea lion transition that bad I mean it kinda is a decent change, both are aquatic animals, Dewott had facial hair growing into a beard, and the scalchops became more advanced as Seamitars. Plus there warrior like appearances can be seen as Samurott being a master while Dewott is the in-training apprentice like Pokémon. In conclusion, personally it isn't THAT weird of a change, I mean we have Remoraid to Octillery, a seagull to a pelican and a flaming pig into a sumo wrestling like boar. I have a feeling there is more to the starters than we think this generation.

I get the feeling Fennekin will end up bipedal. Or it'll pull a Slakoth and become bipedal in its middle stage, and then go back to being a quadruped in its final stage.

Froakie... is, like, the fifth frog/toad we've had so far. I feel like it's going to end up like a previous frog/toad Pokemon, unless its evolutions are combined with another animal--like, say, a salamander. That'd be interesting.

Chespin is begging to be a Grass/Fighting type, but I won't set my heart on anything (*remembers Samurott*). I think he'll stay bipedal. If he's combined with any animal, I hope it's a bear.

Interesting that the starters this time around are all commonly-used animals. Each one's animal basis has been used multiple times in Pokemon designs (I mean, if Chespin is a chipmunk, we only have Patrat, but if you broaden the scope to "cute rodents"...).

Seeing as the starters have never been coupled with formerly Special types (Electric, Ice, Dark, Psychic and Dragon), my theory is:
    Chespin: Grass/Rock
    Fennekin: Fire/Flying
    Froakie: Water/Fighting
    Gonna catch them all!

5th Generation Pokés
    Black: - - - - -
    Black v.2: - - - - -
    White: - - - - -
    White v.2: - - - - -

Chespin is actually a hedgehog ^^

His Japanese name is Harimaron coming from Harinezumi(Hedgehog), Hari(needle), and Marron(french for chestnut). I think it's pretty safe to assume that Chespin's evolutions will feature his spikes as all of Chespin's names reference them. If that remains true then I may look into choosing it
    Last edited by Elnava; 10th May 2013 at 4:36 AM.

1) how is that a weird choice?
    2) there are many Pokemon with 4x weaknesses how does that suck exactly? Gyrados has a 4x weakness to volt switch, but he owns

Ask me stupid stuff
    Credit for the Banner goes to Sworn Metalhead

Quote Originally Posted by JBreese View Post
    Flattery will get you everywhere sir!

I read a lot of marvel comic books and there is a character called Throg he is a guy cursed to be a frog with a chip of Thor's hammer giving him all the power of Thor. I will have to call my Froakie, Throakie now.
    This would be an awesome idea! Even better if somehow the other two are related to Norse mythology too.

Alpha Sapphire Team

Chespin is actually a hedgehog ^^

His Japanese name is Harimaron coming from Harinezumi(Hedgehog), Hari(needle), and Marron(french for chestnut). I think it's pretty safe to assume that Chespin's evolutions will feature his spikes as all of Chespin's names reference them. If that emains true then I may look into choosing it
    Yeah I hope this is the case for Chespin and also learning an array of spike moves too like Spikes and Pin Missle. I'm also hoping all three starters receive a signature move alongside as well.

Quote Originally Posted by your boss View Post
    Yeah I hope this is the case for Chespin and also learning an array of spike moves too like Spikes and Pin Missle. I'm also hoping all three starters receive a signature move alongside as well.
    So he will become Sonic with speed that makes Speed Deoxys look like a Steelix......

That would be awesome but alas. A hedgehog starter is cool though I didn't like Shaymin...

My 3DS Friend Code is: 4141-3174-0404

Friend Safari is Dragons (Noibat, Sliggoo,Fraxure)

Devoted Pearlshipper and as such I have released Chapter 4 of my new fic :
    https://www.fanfiction.net/s/9948785...-of-the-tunnel

Page 461 of 1178 FirstFirst ... 361411451457458459460461462463464465471511561 ... LastLast