View Poll Results: Which starter would you use?

Voters
3150. You may not vote on this poll
  • Chespin

845 26.83%
  • Fennekin

1,329 42.19%
  • Froakie

849 26.95%
  • NONE, Dunsparce looks better

127 4.03%
Page 462 of 1178 FirstFirst ... 362412452458459460461462463464465466472512562 ... LastLast
Results 11,526 to 11,550 of 29437

Thread: Starter Speculation/Discussion Thread

Quote Originally Posted by Elnava View Post
    Chespin is actually a hedgehog ^^

His Japanese name is Harimaron coming from Harinezumi(Hedgehog), Hari(needle), and Marron(french for chestnut). I think it's pretty safe to assume that Chespin's evolutions will feature his spikes as all of Chespin's names reference them. If that remains true then I may look into choosing it
    Isn't marron in french mean brown? I'm doing french in school right now and marron is brown. This is no way relates to Pokemon though...
    Only time I've ever cried in Pokemon; when Ash took over command of Chimchar in the Tag Team Tournament. That's when I started to love Chimchar & Monferno Lol keep in mind I was 9

Check me out on FanFiction: http://www.fanfiction.net/u/3016020/MonfernoFreak

If you think the Sinnoh saga has been the best saga of the whole show, copy and paste this into your signature! (started by FlameRose)

If you think that it's unfair that Ash finds starters in the wild and we can't, copy and paste this into your siggy! (started by zebbystrika)

Quote Originally Posted by MonfernoFreak View Post
    Isn't marron in french mean brown? I'm doing french in school right now and marron is brown. This is no way relates to Pokemon though...
    brown = brun(e)

Quote Originally Posted by MrDuck View Post
    brown = brun(e)
    MrDuck is correct ( I have been doing French in my school for the last 4 Years.)

Also i do agree with Hikasonshi.. My prediction is that Chespin will be a fast physical attacker..like Septile from Pokemon R/S/E

i dont know guys. over the past few days i have getting this vibe that chespin will be a defensive pokemon, and froakie be the physical attacker.

Quote Originally Posted by draco star 98 View Post
    i dont know guys. over the past few days i have getting this vibe that chespin will be a defensive pokemon, and froakie be the physical attacker.
    Personally from there looks..Froakie doesn't look like a Physical Attack..he is probably going to be similar to Toterra in Gen 4..that's just my prediction..

i sea what your saying...but i just have that feeling.

anyways imthink froakies foam cloud thing on his back will become his beard or something

Quote Originally Posted by draco star 98 View Post
    i sea what your saying...but i just have that feeling.

anyways imthink froakies foam cloud thing on his back will become his beard or something
    That what i think hell he might look like a Wizard in his final form..

I want starter signature moves again

Quote Originally Posted by LusterPurge View Post
    I want starter signature moves again
    doubt it will happen, hasn't been around since R/B/Y, and as long as there are more than one set of starters, there probably won't be

Ask me stupid stuff
    Credit for the Banner goes to Sworn Metalhead

Quote Originally Posted by Yveltal96 View Post
    doubt it will happen, hasn't been around since R/B/Y, and as long as there are more than one set of starters, there probably won't be
    Wasn't leaf blade sceptiles signature move and muddy water swamperts though? Or have I completely made that up in my head :|
    White FC: 0046-3335-5684

Actually, when they were first released, I'm pretty sure the Gen III starters did have signature moves. It just happens that is generations afterwards, Pokémon have (unfortunately) been able to learn them too.
    http://www.serebii.net/attackdex/leafblade.shtml
    http://www.serebii.net/attackdex/blazekick.shtml
    http://www.serebii.net/attackdex/muddywater.shtml

Starter Signature moves (that stay signature!) would be welcome in my books.
    My thoughts with regards to a Sound type. Comments, feedback, etc, would be appreciated.

Quote Originally Posted by confuser987 View Post
    Do french people ride goats freely in their country?

Quote Originally Posted by JBreese View Post
    Wasn't leaf blade sceptiles signature move and muddy water swamperts though? Or have I completely made that up in my head :|
    I know that until gen IV only sceptile could learn leaf blade and same with muddy water. But since then, starters haven't had signature moves. My point being, that as more pokemon are added to the dex, signature moves will leave. I hate to say it, but Sawsbuck might not have horn leech as a signature move come gen VI.

Quote Originally Posted by Elementman-Novapoke View Post
    Actually, when they were first released, I'm pretty sure the Gen III starters did have signature moves. It just happens that is generations afterwards, Pokémon have (unfortunately) been able to learn them too.
    http://www.serebii.net/attackdex/leafblade.shtml
    http://www.serebii.net/attackdex/blazekick.shtml
    http://www.serebii.net/attackdex/muddywater.shtml

Starter Signature moves (that stay signature!) would be welcome in my books.
    yeah they would be cool, and yeah i am aware of this. but, so long as more generations come along, i don't think it will happen

Ask me stupid stuff

Leaf Blade/Muddy Water/Blaze Kick were Sceptile/Swampert/Blaziken's signature moves in RSE until they were learnable by other Pokemon in 4th Gen.

Besides all the starters already have signature moves(Frenzy Plant, Blast Burn, Hydro Cannon)

Yes that is a Female Dino Charge Red. It's a FanFic thing
    3DS FC: 3995-6518-0794

Quote Originally Posted by rocky505 View Post
    Leaf Blade/Muddy Water/Blaze Kick were Sceptile/Swampert/Blaziken's signature moves in RSE until they were learnable by other Pokemon in 4th Gen.
    lol how many times am i gunna be told the same thing. yes i am aware of this, read my above post

Ask me stupid stuff

I hate that they gave the starter signature moves to other pokemom. Leaf blade and muddy water especially. At least blaze kick has only two pokemon that learn it ( which idk why they did that) and breeding doesnt count.

lol how many times am i gunna be told the same thing. yes i am aware of this, read my above post
    Surely as signature moves do get spread out more they can at least be signature moves for the poke in the gen they were released, take tepig for example. Then in the new gen it wouldn't be too much of a stretch for the new pokes to get a signature move. They might not keep it in gen 7 but it still would be nice for them have one in gen 6.

Quote Originally Posted by Malcolm Belmont View Post
    MrDuck is correct ( I have been doing French in my school for the last 4 Years.)

Also i do agree with Hikasonshi.. My prediction is that Chespin will be a fast physical attacker..like Septile from Pokemon R/S/E
    Actually, marron does also mean brown. It comes from chestnut, though, so it means more like chestnut brown.

I hate that they gave the starter signature moves to other pokemom. Leaf blade and muddy water especially. At least blaze kick has only two pokemon that learn it ( which idk why they did that) and breeding doesnt count.
    I don't see why breeding doesn't count when it actually proves that pokemon can learn it in a way.

Yes that is a Female Dino Charge Red. It's a FanFic thing
    3DS FC: 3995-6518-0794

why doesn't breeding count exactly? if they can learn it i think they deserve recognition.
    Also, they gave them to other people, because they saw it fitting for them to learn it

Ask me stupid stuff

I think its unfair imo that blaze kick has a very very small expanded pool of pokemon able to learn it. And regardless, i think they should of left the starters with the moves

Surely as signature moves do get spread out more they can at least be signature moves for the poke in the gen they were released, take tepig for example. Then in the new gen it wouldn't be too much of a stretch for the new pokes to get a signature move. They might not keep it in gen 7 but it still would be nice for them have one in gen 6.
    Well yes that's fully understandable and that's what I was getting at

Ask me stupid stuff

Well yes that's fully understandable and that's what I was getting at
    Ah I see I thought you meant you didn't think they should bother with signature moves, my bad.

Based on what the starters are like I could see cheap in having some kinda of physical grass move like 'grass spike' maybe froakie having some kind of bubble move.

Ah I see I thought you meant you didn't think they should bother with signature moves, my bad.

Based on what the starters are like I could see cheap in having some kinda of physical grass move like 'grass spike' maybe froakie having some kind of bubble move.
    I think it would be cool for chespin to get needle tail. And not that they shouldn't bother giving signature moves, just that they won't be signature for long

Ask me stupid stuff

I wanna see the starter second stage evos

These would be some cool signature moves:

Chespin - Unearth - Grass - Power 80 - Increases Speed 1 level - Removes any passive healing effects from user (leech seed, ingrain) - PP 5
    Fennekin - Harken - Normal - Power N/A - Increases Users Evasion by 1 level - Decreases Foes Evasion by 1 level - PP 5
    Froakie - Effervescence - Water - Power 35 - Protects the user from next attack - Fails if used in succession - PP 5

Page 462 of 1178 FirstFirst ... 362412452458459460461462463464465466472512562 ... LastLast