View Poll Results: Which starter would you use?

Voters
3150. You may not vote on this poll
  • Chespin

845 26.83%
  • Fennekin

1,329 42.19%
  • Froakie

849 26.95%
  • NONE, Dunsparce looks better

127 4.03%
Page 465 of 1178 FirstFirst ... 365415455461462463464465466467468469475515565 ... LastLast
Results 11,601 to 11,625 of 29437

Thread: Starter Speculation/Discussion Thread

Quote Originally Posted by mew 2000 View Post
    we don't have any proof yet say that when we see its final evolution ( i was talking about in the end the starters always start with one type)
    It has already been confirmed in February in an other CC that the 1st stage are all pure Grass,Fire,WAter...

At the moment number 10 in double battles of the Netherlands.

I think he intends to mean that we have no proof that the second/final evolutions will be pure Grass.

Quote Originally Posted by Bariokie View Post
    It has already been confirmed in February in an other CC that the 1st stage are all pure Grass,Fire,WAter...
    i know i stated that all starters start out with one typing i was talking about their secondary typing when they evolvolve
    Fire red team
    Emerald team
    Platinum team
    HG team
    Black 2 team
    Pokemon X Team

3DS FC: 3153-4454-8518

pokedex: complete -

We still have a longs way to go before the game is released so we're bound to see their evolutions, hate them for a couple of days, pick out the small unappealing features , then get used to them, maybe complain how Chespin looks to bulky or how Froakkie/Fennekin looks to oddly like a combo of two pokemon we've seen already in their second stage, and then finally accept them for who they are and maybe the votes will lean towards Chespin for awhile.

miju @a@

Quote Originally Posted by Mijuwott View Post
    We still have a longs way to go before the game is released so we're bound to see their evolutions, hate them for a couple of days, pick out the small unappealing features , then get used to them, maybe complain how Chespin looks to bulky or how Froakkie/Fennekin looks to oddly like a combo of two pokemon we've seen already in their second stage, and then finally accept them for who they are and maybe the votes will lean towards Chespin for awhile.

miju @a@
    Wise, wise words.

First of all I'd like to say that Fennekin will end up being fire/psychic, froakie water/fighting and chespin grass/dark because of what they showed in the trailer. I mean the moves are a DEAD GIVEAWAY like my boy, charles ramsey said lol

Im Glad That We Had Some Starter's Information as Well.

According to Corocoro, Chespin The Chestnut Pokémon, Is Covered By a Hard Shell on its Head and Back That It Uses to Protect Itself From Attacks, It Is Able to Make The Spikes on its Head Show Sharper by Focusing its Energy, It Knows Tackle,Growl,Vine Whip and Rollout, and is 0.4 m Tall and Weighs 9.0 kg. Fennekin The Fox Pokemon, Shoots Fire Out of Its Ears at 200°C , It Oftens Carries Its Favorite Food to Snack on It, and is 0.4 m Tall and Weighs 9.4 kg. Froakie, the Bubble Frog Pokémon, Can Jump Up To The Height of a Three-Story Building, Its Bubbles are Resisting and Protecting From Attacks, It Can Shoot Foam at its Opponents Face to Blind Them, is 0.3 m Tall and Weighs 7.0 kg.
    Last edited by Pokemon1998Ash; 11th May 2013 at 9:56 PM.

Credit to Wulava for the Artwork. Thanks so much ^_^

Have you noticed? Froakie is the shortest starter ever and the least heavy of the new three.. Let's hope it will stay thin and fast so it can jump as high as the tenth floor of a building when full evolved..XD
    Last edited by john90; 11th May 2013 at 10:05 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Emboss View Post
    First of all I'd like to say that Fennekin will end up being fire/psychic, froakie water/fighting and chespin grass/dark because of what they showed in the trailer. I mean the moves are a DEAD GIVEAWAY like my boy, charles ramsey said lol
    Except that Chespin used Aerial Ace, not Night Slash.

Quote Originally Posted by john90 View Post
    Have you noticed? Froakie is the shortest starter ever.. Let's hope it will stay thin and fast..
    Probably will. I don't think Froakie will be one that ends up big and fat, because they seem to be hinting at it being quick and agile. The thing about it jumping high and the super-fast move it used in the trailer.
    Formerly known as Jigglychu.

Quote Originally Posted by Pokemon1998Ash View Post
    Im Glad That We Had Some Starter's Information as Well.

According to Corocoro, Chespin The Chestnut Pokémon, Is Covered By a Hard Shell on its Head and Back That It Uses to Protect Itself From Attacks, It Is Able to Make The Spikes on its Head Show Sharper by Focusing its Energy, It Knows Tackle,Growl,Vine Whip and Rollout, and is 0.4 m Tall and Weighs 9.0 kg. Fennekin The Fox Pokemon, Shoots Fire Out of Its Ears at 200°C , It Oftens Carries Its Favorite Food to Snack on It, and is 0.4 m Tall and Weighs 9.4 kg. Froakie, the Bubble Frog Pokémon, Can Jump Up To The Height of a Three-Story Building, Its Bubbles are Resisting and Protecting From Attacks, It Can Shoot Foam at its Opponents Face to Blind Them, is 0.3 m Tall and Weighs 7.0 kg.
    Smh, always knew chespin reminded me of oshawott, has the whole face and the whole shell to protect it and everything smh. But at least we got some confirmation that my boo fenne will have some type of firery evolution that includes fire chilling in its ears lol. I'm also digging froakie a lil bit, it's all small and apparently it's like the spudd web or nate robinson of pokemon.

Quote Originally Posted by Hejiru View Post
    Except that Chespin used Aerial Ace, not Night Slash.

Probably will. I don't think Froakie will be one that ends up big and fat, because they seem to be hinting at it being quick and agile. The thing about it jumping high and the super-fast move it used in the trailer.
    Now how in the distortion world are you gonna tell me that move it used on golurk with all the dark slashes and what not was not night slash or some new type of dark attack?

Personally I hope that Chespin ends up Grass/Steel. Chestnuts are hard and what better than Steel to add protection. It might end up Grass/Dark or Grass/Fighting but I hope not. Grass/Dark has way too many weaknesses including a 4X weakness.

Quote Originally Posted by Emboss View Post
    Now how in the distortion world are you gonna tell me that move it used on golurk with all the dark slashes and what not was not night slash or some new type of dark attack?
    Because the animation was identical to Aerial Ace's animation.

Here's Chespin's move:

A black background with a red stripe, in which a downward cut is followed up an upward cut.

It's even clearer if you see it in the video:
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VzO6J981nAw&t=7m55s

Aerial Ace is based on a Japanese sword technique known as the Turning Swallow Cut. It consists of a quick downward slash followed immediately by an upward slash. That's exactly what we just saw.

For reference, here's a picture of Aerial Ace's animation in B2W2:

And again, it's even clearer when you see it in motion:
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eun3YwUzeb0&t=1m07s

We just saw Swellow use Aerial Ace, and it was animated as... a black background with a red stripe, with a downward cut followed by an upward cut. Exactly the same.

Here's Night Slash in B2W2:

I mean, just look at that. It's definitely Aerial Ace.
    Formerly known as Jigglychu.

I used to think Chespin would be Grass/Dark at Final Evo,but after hearing the Pokedex Entry and the Hard Shell Protecting its body its leaning towards Grass/Rock now
    FC:1693-1645-5618
    Friend Safari:Flying-Tropius,Farfetch'd,Woobat
    Friend Safari Want List:

Normal-Ditto
    Fighting-Breloom
    Flying-Rufflet,Fletchinder
    Grass-Swadloon
    Electric-Zebstrika,Helioptile
    Dark-Vullaby
    Fairy-Kirlia

Well the other reason I was leaning towards Grass/Steel is I heard from somewhere that Chespin had a knight like background but that could be just rumor since I see no concrete evidence of this.

After hearing about its hard shell, I really hope Chespin ends up as Grass/Steel now. Grass/Rock isn't a very good typing, but you have to remember that it takes away Chespin's disadvantage to Fennekin too. If Chespin ends up Grass/Rock then Fennekin must become part Ice, Fighting, Bug or Steel and all of those types seem very unlikely for Fennekin.
    Quote Originally Posted by Huspoel View Post
    You're saying some really smart stuff there.

Nice to hear the Dex entry

Chespin: as I thought is pt would be, very cool and nice to know he can sharpen his leafs, I'm thinking spikes are coming soon

Fennekin: I thinks it a little odd shooting fire from its ears but its cool amend the snack thing I don't know what to make of it

And my very favorite,froakie: now the Dex entry really suggests that it will be super fast, agile and fit, also live that the foam is for protection and that its able to shoot it at them to blind people

From these I gathered
    Fennekin will be the snivy of this gen, a little smug, beautiful and elegant
    Chespin will be our bulky fat badass tank
    Froakie will be our swift agile speedy type

White2 Friend code: 0519-7592-3571
    X Friend code: 0216-1851-5361
    My safari: FIRE, slugma,growlith,ninetales

Quote Originally Posted by Aurath8 View Post
    After hearing about its hard shell, I really hope Chespin ends up as Grass/Steel now. Grass/Rock isn't a very good typing, but you have to remember that it takes away Chespin's disadvantage to Fennekin too. If Chespin ends up Grass/Rock then Fennekin must become part Ice, Fighting, Bug or Steel and all of those types seem very unlikely for Fennekin.
    I think we all know how much GF does actually like this combo for Fire starters...

Credits to Sworn Metalhead for the awesome banner!

Quote Originally Posted by Hankka View Post
    I think we all know how much GF does actually like this combo for Fire starters...
    I think that, of all the Fire starters, even Charmander and Cyndaquil, Fennekin is the least likely to be part Fighting. It's not impossible, but I really doubt they'd do 4 Fire/fighting starters in a row.
    Quote Originally Posted by Huspoel View Post
    You're saying some really smart stuff there.

Quote Originally Posted by Aurath8 View Post
    Hmm, Never thought of an ice fire Fennekin before so that's kinda funny and interesting. Also as a Grass Rock he doesn't resist water anymore and is just neutral so the starters balance would really be thrown off. The new information about Froakie is making me even more happy about Froakie, he is even more guaranteed to be my starter.

Credit to Sworn Metalhead

Quote Originally Posted by Shazdar View Post
    Hmm, Never thought of an ice fire Fennekin before so that's kinda funny and interesting. Also as a Grass Rock he doesn't resist water anymore and is just neutral so the starters balance would really be thrown off. The new information about Froakie is making me even more happy about Froakie, he is even more guaranteed to be my starter.
    It has been confirmed that it's ears are 200 degrees Celcius...
    So bye bye ice theory ^_^

Quote Originally Posted by Bariokie View Post
    It has been confirmed that it's ears are 200 degrees Celcius...
    So bye bye ice theory ^_^
    And they give Fennekins as gifts to kids who want to be trainers...sweet.Fennekin should come with a manual.

"Fear is Freedom!
    Subjugation is Liberation!
    Contradiction is Truth!
    These are the truths of the world! Surrender to these truths, you pigs in human clothing!"

Quote Originally Posted by Shazdar View Post
    True he would not do well against Water but at the same time he would be effective against Flying,Electric,Fire..so it balances out

I think they would have hinted at it being Ice type in its evolution/s; maybe saying it can regulate the temperature. Not sure how you regulate the temperature of fire...

Quote Originally Posted by Nacreous View Post
    And they give Fennekins as gifts to kids who want to be trainers...sweet.Fennekin should come with a manual.
    xD

Step one open the box
    Step two: make sure the pokemon hasn't died
    step three: RUN FOR YOUR LIFE OR IT KILLS YOUR FAMILYY

Page 465 of 1178 FirstFirst ... 365415455461462463464465466467468469475515565 ... LastLast