View Poll Results: Which starter would you use?

Voters
3150. You may not vote on this poll
  • Chespin

845 26.83%
  • Fennekin

1,329 42.19%
  • Froakie

849 26.95%
  • NONE, Dunsparce looks better

127 4.03%
Page 488 of 1178 FirstFirst ... 388438478484485486487488489490491492498538588 ... LastLast
Results 12,176 to 12,200 of 29437

Thread: Starter Speculation/Discussion Thread

Quote Originally Posted by CrusherTheFeraligatr View Post
    Eh, still, a dark starter? Aren't your starter supposed to be your bestest friends?
    Every Pokemon is your friend when you're a Pokemon Master. That includes the douchebag-types.

Quote Originally Posted by Excitable Boy View Post
    Every Pokemon is your friend when you're a Pokemon Master. That includes the douchebag-types.
    Why would you want a jerk for a friend? You should be able to trust your starter.
    Yo, fellow Poke' lovers! My favorite is Feraligatr, but I love most pokemon. I've lots of pokemon hatched/caught, are willing to trade some.

Can breed a lot of pokemon, I have POKERUS, lot of HA pokes, PM me if you are willing to trade.

"If you love it enough you can have another because the new Pokemon can never take the sentimental value of the original, but can make new memories to add to the good times"
    -My younger brother

Friend code-1375 7776 2368-Heather

My Pangoro in the 6th gen remake of a 3rd gen game will be my future 63rd hundred. This is a great epiphany.

Why would you want a jerk for a friend? You should be able to trust your starter.
    Because your starter isn't just any jerk, it's YOUR jerk.

"The only way to stop a bad guy with a Dark-type is with a good guy with a Dark-type."

Hey guys, am I the only one who cannot see Chespin using Vine Whip at all ? I mean, where's Razor Leaf ? Bulbasaur learns it after Vine Whip, but still, I couldn't see Chespin with this move...
    I find it idiot that Fennekin has Scratch while Chespin has Tackle. Fennekin has no fingers to do scrathing moves and has the perfect head to tackle and Chespin, it's the reverse case... However, I'm very happy that another starter gets Pound, I knew it all along that Froakie would have Pound, Bubble and Quick Attack.
    « Be the leaf... »

my deviantArt page
    my tumblr page

Because your starter isn't just any jerk, it's YOUR jerk.

"The only way to stop a bad guy with a Dark-type is with a good guy with a Dark-type."
    Touché.

^Yeah, the moves don't make sense to me either.
    Yo, fellow Poke' lovers! My favorite is Feraligatr, but I love most pokemon. I've lots of pokemon hatched/caught, are willing to trade some.

Can breed a lot of pokemon, I have POKERUS, lot of HA pokes, PM me if you are willing to trade.

"If you love it enough you can have another because the new Pokemon can never take the sentimental value of the original, but can make new memories to add to the good times"
    -My younger brother

My Pangoro in the 6th gen remake of a 3rd gen game will be my future 63rd hundred. This is a great epiphany.

Quote Originally Posted by Papousse View Post
    Hey guys, am I the only one who cannot see Chespin using Vine Whip at all ? I mean, where's Razor Leaf ? Bulbasaur learns it after Vine Whip, but still, I couldn't see Chespin with this move...
    I find it idiot that Fennekin has Scratch while Chespin has Tackle. Fennekin has no fingers to do scrathing moves and has the perfect head to tackle and Chespin, it's the reverse case... However, I'm very happy that another starter gets Pound, I knew it all long that Froakie would have Pound, Bubble and Quick Attack.
    Because Fennekin has possible claws on its feet?

Quote Originally Posted by your boss View Post
    Because Fennekin has possible claws on its feet?
    Iiiiit's.... quoting time ! From Bulbapedia's physical analysis...
    Quote Originally Posted by Fennekin
    They have small paws with no visible toes and slim legs.
    Quote Originally Posted by Chespin
    Their arms have three fingers, while their feet have two long claws.
    « Be the leaf... »

my deviantArt page
    my tumblr page

Maybe the mixed it up? Otherwise, its insane.

-My younger brother

Maybe the mixed it up? Otherwise, its insane.
    No no, it's totally true... Here's Chespin's moves, and Fennekin's... From what I saw, Scratch was given to starters who had at least toes or fingers to scratch, but now...
    « Be the leaf... »

my deviantArt page
    my tumblr page

Look at Zorua who is also a type of fox. It also learns scratch despite having no visible claws.

Yes that is a Female Dino Charge Red. It's a FanFic thing
    3DS FC: 3995-6518-0794

No no, it's totally true... Here's Chespin's moves, and Fennekin's... From what I saw, Scratch was given to starters who had at least toes or fingers to scratch, but now...
    zorua got scratch and tbf fox's have claws aswel

Ninja'd

Quote Originally Posted by rocky505 View Post
    Look at Zorua who is also a type of fox. It also learns scratch despite having no visible claws.
    I knew someone would say something like that, but look, if Zorua was a starter with Sandshrew and Poliwag, I think Sandshrew would be the most appropriate Pokémon to get Scratch, don't you think ?
    « Be the leaf... »

my deviantArt page
    my tumblr page

No, I meant gf could have mixed up the moves in the screenshots.

-My younger brother

I knew someone would say something like that, but look, if Zorua was a starter with Sandshrew and Poliwag, I think Sandshrew would be the most appropriate Pokémon to get Scratch, don't you think ?
    Don't you think Fennekin will evolve into something with visible claws like Zorua did???? And of course we have the biggest example Pokemon that can learn scratch with no visible claws, Diglett.

Just because a Pokémon lacks certain body parts doesn't mean it can't perform a move from that area of its body. Fennekin has Scratch, so deal with it, I mean the past Fire Startrs excluding Tepig have had Scratch. Even though they had claws and fingers, they had Scratch, so why can't Fennekin have Scratch?

It's also entirely plausible that its claws are

y'know

retractable

Quote Originally Posted by GenosectArceus View Post
    Just because a Pokémon lacks certain body parts doesn't mean it can't perform a move from that area of its body. Fennekin has Scratch, so deal with it, I mean the past Fire Startrs excluding Tepig have had Scratch. Even though they had claws and fingers, they had Scratch, so why can't Fennekin have Scratch?
    Cyndaquil didn't either.

It will use it the same way Snivy and Bellsprout use it the vines just appear from behind it

No, I meant gf could have mixed up the moves in the screenshots.
    ....why would they mix up the moves that they already are going to have?

y'know

retractable
    Foxes don't have retractable claws.

-My younger brother

Doesn't mean Fennekin can't.

No, but Pokemon can.

Real fox's dont but this is Pokemon

y'know

retractable
    Yeah, my dog's claws aren't very visible until I begin playing with him or he starts to interact with other dogs at the park, in which his claws become very visible. So that could be the same for Fennekin; when Fennekin does not feel threatened, its claws aren't visible, but when engaged in battle Scratch becomes a legitimate move.

And I believe mice can't shoot thunder or an octopus can't shoot flames.

I'm hoping Fennekin is special since we haven't gotten one since Typhlosion.

Page 488 of 1178 FirstFirst ... 388438478484485486487488489490491492498538588 ... LastLast