View Poll Results: Which starter would you use?

Voters
3150. You may not vote on this poll
  • Chespin

845 26.83%
  • Fennekin

1,329 42.19%
  • Froakie

849 26.95%
  • NONE, Dunsparce looks better

127 4.03%
Page 5 of 1178 FirstFirst 12345678915551051005 ... LastLast

Thread: Starter Speculation/Discussion Thread

Quote Originally Posted by Poke_Mania97 View Post
    The fire type seems to fit the trend of Zodiac fire types. Its either meant to represent the Dog or Tiger.
    I think people simply jumped into conclusions relating Fire and Chinese zodiac, and GF proved those people wrong by introducing a fennec fox Fire starter. Simple as that.
    3DS Friend Code: 3582-9622-5627

"Oh, and here is my grandson. …Erm, what was his name now?"

I can't figure out what Chespin is supposed to be. Froakie is a frog (obviously), Fennekin is a fox of some sort, but Chespin, I have no idea.

Quote Originally Posted by SmartD View Post
    I can't figure out what Chespin is supposed to be. Froakie is a frog (obviously), Fennekin is a fox of some sort, but Chespin, I have no idea.
    Considering its international names, it's a hedgehog.

Hedgehog, fennec fox, frog.

I'm thinking Chespin will be either Grass/Ground or Grass/Fighting and Fennekin will be Fire/Psychic. IDK about Froakie, though, it could be just about anything.

Quote Originally Posted by cockatoo777 View Post
    will mozilla sue pokemoncorp now that they put in a firefox?
    I'm sigging this.
    Quote Originally Posted by LizardonX View Post
    Tabitha has really let himself go, just how many lava cookies did he eat in the last 11 years?

The fire type seems to fit the trend of Zodiac fire types. Its either meant to represent the Dog or Tiger. Is it me or does the grass one look like a Deku Scrub :S it kind of does. and also the Water type looks like it will evolve into some epic thing! I love the fire type, the best nickname would be FireFox
    I could see the possibility of it counting for a dog since Foxes are canine, but this actually cancels the Zodiac trend people mention.

Yes that is a Female Dino Charge Red. It's a FanFic thing
    3DS FC: 3995-6518-0794

The fire type seems to fit the trend of Zodiac fire types. Its either meant to represent the Dog or Tiger. Is it me or does the grass one look like a Deku Scrub :S it kind of does. and also the Water type looks like it will evolve into some epic thing! I love the fire type, the best nickname would be FireFox
    Yeah,it might represent the dog in the chinese zodiac^^

"Fear is Freedom!
    Subjugation is Liberation!
    Contradiction is Truth!
    These are the truths of the world! Surrender to these truths, you pigs in human clothing!"

Well I like em all... Though I really wish they would use other types as starters!

Chespin seems like my favorite BUT I am one to collect em all SO I would actually have to trade for all 3 to be in one game therefore I am calling out to anyone who wants to be my trading host. I will trade u 2 other starters u don't choose as long as u trade me back 2 other starters I didn't choose

Quote Originally Posted by Nacreous View Post
    Yeah,it might represent the dog in the chinese zodiac^^
    Or its Fox appearance is simply its base form at first, then it evolves into a Tiger or something fox-like but different. Remember Oshawott started as a Sea Otter before evolving into a Sea Lion as Samurott. So Fennekin or maybe the other 2 might follow the same path.

I liked all them. Here my notes about each one.

Chespin reminds me Dewott (a grass version of it). I didn't notice what animal were it based, its feet are like armadillo, but its face like rodent. And the fact it is bipedal suggests that it could be also fighting type in its final stage.

Froakie is a surprise for me. We have lot of frogs in Pokemon world, but none as starter yet. It seems thin and light, maybe it will not be slow and defensive like the previous water starters.

Fennekin is very cute, probably the best design of the three. For it I just hope it won't be fire/fighting in its final stage. Also, I would like if it was kept quadrupidal in all its stages.

Damn I guess I'll go for the Water starter again, but it'll all depend on the evolutions.

The foxx looks cool too.

I don't like the grass type that much.
    IGN: Carlos
    FC: 0903-2783-6541

[CENTER]SIGNATURE SOON...[/COLOR]

Im want to see how the starters are given to you. I hope its just not some random proff just gifting it to you. maybe like rse or dppt.

In the trailer, it looks like Chespin uses a move with similar animation to Aerial Ace, while Fennekin uses a Fire type move, and Froakkie uses a Fighting type move. So I'm guessing Fennekin will be Fire/Psychic while Froakkie is Water/Fighting. Not sure about Chespin though.

I think I'll use Froakkie. I dislike Chespin, but Fennekin is pretty cool though.
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~Shraeder~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    So I herd u liek Mudkipz...So do I!
    FC: 4742-5645-2960
    Friend Safari: Aipom, Audino, and DITTO!

Quote Originally Posted by Ne0n-H!tch'd View Post
    Well I like em all... Though I really wish they would use other types as starters!
    The only perfect triangle is Grass/Fire/Water.

Well, and Fighting/Flying/Rock iirc, but I can't see a pure Flying starter.

It will probably depend on the evolutions which one I end up choosing... As said above, I really hope Fennekin doesn't become Fire/Fighting!

I think that Chespin looks the most "pokemon-like" - the most similar to the existing style of creatures maybe?

These starters are amazing, amazing I say! Loved them from the start, and I can't wait to use Chespin. Their evolutions will also be very interesting:
    Chespin's likely to get spikier. Perhaps a warhammer like protusion on its tail for the final evolution? I'm thinking it could go for a Grass/Ground typing, and really give it some edge.
    Fennekin is probably just gonna be a bigger Fennekin, but with Psychic. Seems like a perfect fit, and its probably time to put psychic on a starter.
    Froakie with a french mustache and poofy hair thank you very much. Gonna go for pure water or water/fighting, just to screw with the fandom.

;D
    BLAH

Froakie is my favourite. I always choose the water starter (well I didnt choose Oshawott). I really like water types. Chespin looks normal and Fennekin its just not my type... I dont know why so many people like it...

Froakie>Chispin>Fennekin for me
    HG BADGE QUEST

1. 2. 3. 4. 5. 6. 7. 8. 9. 10. 11. 12. 13. 14. 15. 16
    ----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    OTHER SHINIES (not counting gifts)

Starter wise from the trailer, Fennekin and Froakkie look like the best to me. I love frogs so Froakkie will be the Pokemon I choose. The Water starters (Minus Mudkip and Oshawott) have always been super amazing for me. Not always my favorite as with Totodile (I like Cyndaquil a little more) but I always love their designs most of the time. Froakkie looks great. I can't wait to use one.
    Parena or Serecham both equal Serena+Pancham!

I think Im starting to like froakie. Maybe go with that, I bet it will give big returns as a i think it will become badass.
    I think these are the best starters of any gen ( maybe even beats kanto ).

So, we can all say that if they make Fennekin a fire/fighting type, we take to the streets in an angry mob, right?
    3DS FC: 0748-3041-6462

Fictionpress / Buy My Book! / Hero's Path

If you watch the trailer again you'll see that Fennekin is most likely a Fire/Psychic type. Froakie a Water/Dark type (look at the colour of their moves) and Chispin possibly Grass/Rock or Fighting?

Is it just me that thinks that really.. Ninetales would make a perfect Fennekin evolution looks wise in a way? Can't get it out of my head now.

For the first time I actually love all three starters. Although right now I can imagine all their final stages looking similar to that of already existing Pokémon...

POKÉMON OMEGA RUBY & APLHA SAPPHIRE
    |
    MEGA EVOLUTION | 0301-9985-7534 | SAM
    Y FRIEND SAFARI: WATER WITH OCTILLERY, WARTORTLE AND AZUMARILL

Quote Originally Posted by Feralninja View Post
    So, we can all say that if they make Fennekin a fire/fighting type, we take to the streets in an angry mob, right?
    People will die!

But I doubt they'll repeat that ridiculous type combo

"Fear is Freedom!
    Subjugation is Liberation!
    Contradiction is Truth!
    These are the truths of the world! Surrender to these truths, you pigs in human clothing!"

Quote Originally Posted by Nacreous View Post
    People will die!

But I doubt they'll repeat that ridiculous type combo
    that's what I said when gen five was announced, and look what happened. LOOK, WHAT, HAPPENED!

Guys guys guys!

First, grass/steel chestnut/hedghog? Totally an idea I can get behind.

Second, I don't care what Froakie becomes as long as he stays on all fours. I am tired of all these bipedal frogs in this otherwise good game!

Third, decided to see how foxes are represented in mythology to see what Fennekin could become. We've got the trickster archtype covered in Zorua and Zoroark. Vulpix and Ninetails cover kitsune and have always been associated with psychic moves and illusions, so the mystical is covered. But guys, guys, in at least one culture foxes are messengers for the gods. And she looks so svelte, and has those bits on her legs like other messengers in mythology!

Fire/Flying fox, people!!
    I still love you, I will till I die
    And love is much stronger then anger or pride
    Please baby, let's unburn all our bridges

Froakie is based off a tree frog. Froth+croak. Tree frogs have frothy bubble-nests in trees that hang above water.

I'm hoping for water/fighting, but I guess that's been done by amphibians before...
    Y Friend Safari, Ghost (Lampent, Phantump, Spiritomb)
    0387-8945-1496

BW2 FC: 4470 8794 6354

Page 5 of 1178 FirstFirst 12345678915551051005 ... LastLast