View Poll Results: Which starter would you use?

Voters
3150. You may not vote on this poll
  • Chespin

    845 26.83%
  • Fennekin

    1,329 42.19%
  • Froakie

    849 26.95%
  • NONE, Dunsparce looks better

    127 4.03%
Page 502 of 1178 FirstFirst ... 402452492498499500501502503504505506512552602 ... LastLast
Results 12,526 to 12,550 of 29437

Thread: Starter Speculation/Discussion Thread

  1. #12526
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Posts
    872

    Default

    anyone picking any starter besides chespin breed it for me and trade me the child i shall trade you a child of my chespin for it also found a perfect nick name for chespin since he's a hedgehog

    Sonic or link because of the green hat
    Fire Red Team
    Emerald Team
    Platinum Team
    Heart Gold Team
    Black 2 Team
    Pokemon X Team
    Pokemon Alpha Sapphire Team:

    3DS FC: 3153-4454-8518

    pokedex: complete -

  2. #12527
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Location
    City of Ruin
    Posts
    1,171

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by mew 2000 View Post
    anyone picking any starter besides chespin breed it for me and trade me the child i shall trade you a child of my chespin for it also found a perfect nick name for chespin since he's a hedgehog

    Sonic or link because of the green hat
    I'll call him Link if he ends up with a sword.

  3. #12528
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Posts
    872

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by RoySceptile View Post
    I'll call him Link if he ends up with a sword.
    but it's my idea D: xD he will remeber leaf blade teach it to him theres your sword
    Fire Red Team
    Emerald Team
    Platinum Team
    Heart Gold Team
    Black 2 Team
    Pokemon X Team
    Pokemon Alpha Sapphire Team:

    3DS FC: 3153-4454-8518

    pokedex: complete -

  4. #12529
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Location
    Not Kalos
    Posts
    3,108

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by GenosectArceus View Post
    Why do some think Fire/Ground? Just because it's a fox doesn't mean it's going to be ground. I just say Fire/Electric because then it'd have some type advantage against Froakie.
    They think Fire/Ground since it's based off of a Fennec fox, which live in deserts. I personally think Fire/Psychic because of the move it used in the trailer, and then I think Froakie will be Water/Fighting, so Fennekin would still have some advantage vs Froakie.
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~Shraeder~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    So I herd u liek Mudkipz...So do I!
    FC: 4742-5645-2960
    Friend Safari: Aipom, Audino, and DITTO!

  5. #12530
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Location
    UK GMT+1
    Posts
    25

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Shraeder View Post
    They think Fire/Ground since it's based off of a Fennec fox, which live in deserts. I personally think Fire/Psychic because of the move it used in the trailer, and then I think Froakie will be Water/Fighting, so Fennekin would still have some advantage vs Froakie.
    I agree that Fennekin's could be fire/physhic, but I think Froakie's evo will be a Water/Poison typing instead, that way Fennekin's evo still has the advantage, plus Froakie's evo has an advantage over Chespin, but maybe Chespin's evo gets grass/rock so its got an advantage over Fennekin. Although the fighting trait would be better if Chespin's evo is rock and everything goes round, poison just looks more likely to me seeing as its a frog
    Last edited by broomstig; 18th May 2013 at 7:23 PM.
    On Hiatus

  6. #12531
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Location
    parrish,AL
    Posts
    9,665

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by GenosectArceus View Post
    Why do some think Fire/Ground? Just because it's a fox doesn't mean it's going to be ground. I just say Fire/Electric because then it'd have some type advantage against Froakie.
    If the rumors are true then Fennekin does have an advantage over Froakie.

    Yes that is a Female Dino Charge Red. It's a FanFic thing
    3DS FC: 3995-6518-0794

  7. #12532
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Posts
    872

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by rocky505 View Post
    If the rumors are true then Fennekin does have an advantage over Froakie.
    unless froakie has better speed then fennekin.
    Fire Red Team
    Emerald Team
    Platinum Team
    Heart Gold Team
    Black 2 Team
    Pokemon X Team
    Pokemon Alpha Sapphire Team:

    3DS FC: 3153-4454-8518

    pokedex: complete -

  8. #12533
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Location
    City of Ruin
    Posts
    1,171

    Default

    I think Fennekin's final evo will have around 80-90 base Speed, while Froakie's gets in the 100s. That leaves Chespin's line as the slowest.

  9. #12534
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    UK/Yorkshire/Leeds
    Posts
    1,723

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by RoySceptile View Post
    I think Fennekin's final evo will have around 80-90 base Speed, while Froakie's gets in the 100s. That leaves Chespin's line as the slowest.
    But most likely the bulkiest

  10. #12535
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Posts
    872

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by RoySceptile View Post
    I think Fennekin's final evo will have around 80-90 base Speed, while Froakie's gets in the 100s. That leaves Chespin's line as the slowest.
    then i guess i'll have to ev train the hell out of his speed stat....


    how do i ev train? i don't understand even though i read the thing on these fourms
    Fire Red Team
    Emerald Team
    Platinum Team
    Heart Gold Team
    Black 2 Team
    Pokemon X Team
    Pokemon Alpha Sapphire Team:

    3DS FC: 3153-4454-8518

    pokedex: complete -

  11. #12536
    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Location
    United Kingdom
    Posts
    2,529

    Default

    In terms of speed then - 1. Froakie 2. Fennekin 3. Chespin

    But in terms of defence, I am thinking - 1. Chespin 2. Froakie 3. Fennekin

    I just cannot see Fennekin becoming well defended...

    <-- Click to go to an amazing guild, Edge of Neo Destruction are always recruiting!

    Friend Code.. 1220-6368-0567!

  12. #12537
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Location
    Kalos Region
    Posts
    1,290

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Regality View Post
    In terms of speed then - 1. Froakie 2. Fennekin 3. Chespin

    But in terms of defence, I am thinking - 1. Chespin 2. Froakie 3. Fennekin

    I just cannot see Fennekin becoming well defended...
    I actually see Chespin as a dark and speedy attacker

    At the moment number 10 in double battles of the Netherlands.

  13. #12538
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Posts
    163

    Default

    I'd like to see a Grass/Steel Chespin with a Knight theme with spikey armor and a huge leaf blade.

  14. #12539
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Location
    City of Ruin
    Posts
    1,171

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Leocat View Post
    I'd like to see a Grass/Steel Chespin with a Knight theme with spikey armor and a huge leaf blade.
    I think leaf blades are over-used.
    -Sceptile on his wrists.
    -Gallade, from elbows down (they look like leaves).
    -Leafeon, with the tail.

    I think a spike used as a lance would be better.

  15. #12540
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Posts
    438

    Default

    Froakie will be the best overall, remark my words. If the rumors are true, GF is trying to repeat the balance of the second generation, in which one starter has absolute dominance over the other.

    But I imagine Chespin being more a stall pokemon rather than an offensive beast.

  16. #12541
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    On the ship to Hoenn
    Posts
    5,416

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by RoySceptile View Post
    I think leaf blades are over-used.
    -Sceptile on his wrists.
    -Gallade, from elbows down (they look like leaves).
    -Leafeon, with the tail.

    I think a spike used as a lance would be better.
    A lance and a mace-tail would fit Grass/Steel Chespin evo even better.

  17. #12542
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Location
    parrish,AL
    Posts
    9,665

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by mew 2000 View Post
    unless froakie has better speed then fennekin.
    That doesn't matter in game. Your Pokemon will have gained EVs battling. They almost never give EVs to people in game(They do in things like the battle tower though)

    Yes that is a Female Dino Charge Red. It's a FanFic thing
    3DS FC: 3995-6518-0794

  18. #12543
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    On the ship to Hoenn
    Posts
    5,416

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by rocky505 View Post
    That doesn't matter in game. Your Pokemon will have gained EVs battling. They almost never give EVs to people in game(They do in things like the battle tower though)
    I think he meant better speed in general. If Froakie has better initial speed than Fennekin, I've really lost faith in Fennekin then.

  19. #12544
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Posts
    163

    Default

    To be honest I wouldn't have a problem with going old school and being single typing. Sortof a pokemon reboot.

  20. #12545
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Posts
    872

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Ungoliath View Post
    Froakie will be the best overall, remark my words. If the rumors are true, GF is trying to repeat the balance of the second generation, in which one starter has absolute dominance over the other.

    But I imagine Chespin being more a stall pokemon rather than an offensive beast.
    like torterra? he could take a hit i choose him because his final evo was beats but defense was a nice bonus
    Fire Red Team
    Emerald Team
    Platinum Team
    Heart Gold Team
    Black 2 Team
    Pokemon X Team
    Pokemon Alpha Sapphire Team:

    3DS FC: 3153-4454-8518

    pokedex: complete -

  21. #12546
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Location
    Not Kalos
    Posts
    3,108

    Default

    Chespin with Needle Arm.
    Froakie with and new move Aqua Smash(Water type Wild Charge)
    Fennekin with Lava Plume.
    When they evolve to their final evolutions of course.
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~Shraeder~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    So I herd u liek Mudkipz...So do I!
    FC: 4742-5645-2960
    Friend Safari: Aipom, Audino, and DITTO!

  22. #12547
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    On the ship to Hoenn
    Posts
    5,416

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Shraeder View Post
    Chespin with Needle Arm.
    Froakie with and new move Aqua Smash(Water type Wild Charge)
    Fennekin with Lava Plume.
    When they evolve to their final evolutions of course.
    Maybe Aqua Smash could be a sig move for Froakie. Otherwise, I don't want my frog to be bashing into others while damaging itself.

  23. #12548
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Posts
    2,635

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by GenosectArceus View Post
    Maybe Aqua Smash could be a sig move for Froakie. Otherwise, I don't want my frog to be bashing into others while damaging itself.
    I actually think it's long overdue to get a high powered water-type physical move, even if it gets recoil. the strongest physical water-type move is aqua tail and it's not even completely reliable with 90% accuracy /: i would like a wild charge variation.
    Quote Originally Posted by Thrive
    We all stand in single file line, and we have all been born into it.

  24. #12549
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Location
    None of your bizness
    Posts
    850

    Default

    Based on the move pool on the official site shown I'm gonna make some assumptions.

    -Because Chespin gets Rollout It might end up being Grass/Rock Type. Not saying the type of the move learned determines it's type but that's all I have to go on right now.
    -Because Fennekin learns Howl chances are it might be offensive. So I'm thinking low defenses but good offenses.
    -Because Froakie learns Quick Attack it might end up being Speed oriented(which is a first for Water-type Starters.)


    FC: 4699-6505-4258

    IGN: Diva

  25. #12550
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Location
    Canada
    Posts
    3,785

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by cascadethewarrior View Post
    Based on the move pool on the official site shown I'm gonna make some assumptions.

    -Because Chespin gets Rollout It might end up being Grass/Rock Type. Not saying the type of the move learned determines it's type but that's all I have to go on right now.
    -Because Fennekin learns Howl chances are it might be offensive. So I'm thinking low defenses but good offenses.
    -Because Froakie learns Quick Attack it might end up being Speed oriented(which is a first for Water-type Starters.)
    Rollout isn't determinating Chespin's type, Cyndaquil can also use Rollout and is still a pure Fire type starter. Rollout is a move that makes the Pokémon roll, not depending on the type. Most of the Pokémon that can learn Rollout aren't Rock type especially. Fennekin learning Howl isn't a hint. It's maybe just to boost up Scratch or other physical moves to a better level. A move like that is, naturally, helping a stat that isn't really good. If Fennekin has a better Special Attack stat than Attack, Howl could increase the power of its attacking moves. Look at Manectric, it learns Howl, but its Special Attack is way better than its Attack, that's because Electrike knows Spark, Tackle and Quick Attack (damaging moves) while its Special Attack is better.
    Last edited by The Prince of May; 18th May 2013 at 9:28 PM.
    « Be the leaf... »

    my deviantArt page
    my tumblr page

Page 502 of 1178 FirstFirst ... 402452492498499500501502503504505506512552602 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •